Pink Comb Studio. Reviews

233 | Westfield, NJ

233 Reviews for Pink Comb Studio.

Pink Comb Studio. 1
Pink Comb Studio. 2
Pink Comb Studio. 3
Pink Comb Studio. 4
Pink Comb Studio. 5

Rebecca · Married on 11/02/2013

I found Michelle & her team by doing a quick google search for wedding hair & makeup. As soon as I saw their gallery of pictures, I knew I had to email Michelle to set up a trial. Michelle was very professional and responsive to my emails. I was extremely happy during my trial, and went with the same look for my wedding day. Michelle brought along some members of her team, including Chad, Mayra, and Chelsea. The four of them completed myself, my six bridesmaids, my mom and my mother-in-law on time. They were fun and energetic. All nine of us looked absolutely stunning! To this day, I am still getting compliments on all of our hair and makeup! I would recommend Michelle and her team to EVERYONE who wants to look beautiful on their wedding day!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Four words. MICHELLE IS THE BEST! She was so easy to work with and does such incredible hair. For my wedding, not only did my hair look good, but my bridesmaids hair looked great as well! It held up the entire evening and we all got compliments from the guests. I can't ever thank her enough!! I would 100% recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 10/26/2013

Michelle is a genius with hair.. it is unreal! I had originally gone in for my trial 2 months before my wedding. I was happy with my trial and excited for my wedding.. but the day after the trial I woke up with swollen lips. I went back and forth with what could have caused it and finally realized that it was in fact my headpiece. I contacted Michelle in a panic because the style I had chose would really only work with a headpiece. She assured me I had nothing to worry about and even made time for a second trial. Needless to say.. she made my hair, as well as my sister's hair, absolutely stunning the day of my wedding AND it stayed perfect all night. I recommend her to all of my friends getting married. She truly is a miracle worker when it comes to hair!

Sent on 11/20/2013

I would highly recommend Chelsea to any bride-to-be! Even before the big day, Chelsea kept me on-track and organized by sending emails regarding the services each girl requested as well as pricing info for each person so that I did not have to worry about those details the morning of the wedding. The morning of, Chelsea arrived on-time and was extremely professional, while also making myself and the other 6 ladies very comfortable and happy! I can honestly not say enough about how great everyone looked after Chelsea was finished...all of the ladies looked phenomenal! Chelsea was able to accommodate all of the requests from each of the girls regarding the type of look they wanted, while also using her professional judgement to accentuate their individual features. Chelsea is truly an artist and was a great person to spend the morning of my wedding with!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Thank you SO MUCH for the fantastic job you and the girls of Pink Comb did for my wedding September 28th. I loved my hair and makeup - it was exactly what I pictured. All of the maids and moms looked great. And after a night of dancing, crying and more dancing, all of us still looked awesome! I have already recommended you to several brides-to-be. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Chelsea and her team did an unbelievable job! Couldn't be happier, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/24/2013

Michelle and her team at Pink Comb did an amazing job for my wedding. I don't think I have ever been a part of a wedding where all the bridesmaids and family members were happy with their hair and makeup, but i know everyone loved how they looked at my wedding.
    They were on time, attentive, and on top of everything in the months leading up to the wedding.
    These girls are fantastic!!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

I chose Pink Comb after being a bridemaid in a wedding that use them. I was very very happy with it. My mom and I went for a hair and make up trial and based off that we made slight changes for the day of and everything was exactly how I wanted it. My mom and I both had airbrushed makeup and it was the first time so we were a little nervous but we loved it! It stayed through the sweat and the tears of the day. Everytime I looked in the mirror I was afraid I was going to look awful because I was so hot but my face looked just as it did when I left in the morning. My bridesmaids hair and makeup also looked beautiful!
    The hair and makeup stylists were very nice and easy to work with. Arrived on tiem and set up and packed up quickly.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Theresa · Married on 08/23/2013

Kerri, Christina and Alysha were all fabulous. I chose Pink Comb after having my hair done by them at a friend's wedding and loving it. They did not disappoint. Alysha took care of both my flower girls (4 year olds) whose hair stayed in the whole night despite running around and dancing and my grandmother who has very short thin hair. Kerri was great and did an amazing job on my sisters, mom and me. The updos on both of my sisters looked exactly like the pictures they gave to Kerri and she worked with me until my hair was exaclty as I wanted. Everyone was amazed at how ALL of the 10 bridesmaids' hair stayed all night long. Thank you girls for a job well done!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Karolina · Married on 08/17/2013

Michelle is amazing at what she does, she made sure everything was absolutely PERFECT! My bridesmaids, family, & I look stunning on my wedding day, we all got compliments throughout the night! My airbrush make-up looked flawless all of the 12+ hours, I highly recommend Michelle and her girls for all events! I was very satisfied with her work, she is very professional, very punctual, also a great listener!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Jamie · Married on 08/10/2013

Michelle and her team were fantastic to work with. From the second they arrived they created such a fun atmosphere for my bridesmaids and I. Everyone's hair and makeup came out gorgeous, and more importantly it lasted all night. My hair and makeup came out exactly like it did during my hair trial. I would highly recommend using Pink Comb!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Jennifer Rose · Married on 08/09/2013

From the trial to the big day Michelle and her staff were nothing but fantastic! I am normally a really low key no makeup/messy hair type and was nervous about getting so dolled up! Michelle provided me with extensions that matched my hair perfectly and put my mind at ease during the trial where I was amazed at the results! She listened to exactly what I wanted and I got it! On the day of the wedding Michelle, Chad, and Chelsea provided hair and makeup for 5 of my girls plus me and my mom. EVERYONE looked amazing and LOVED them!! I could not believe how stunning all my ladies looked. They were very patient with us, willing to tweak things, and were fun to hang and chat with! On the day of our wedding, we got caught in rain a few times including one nasty downpour but we all still looked amazing! I can not say enough wonderful things!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2013

Michelle and her team from Pink Comb were awesome!!!! I was very nervous about my hair and makeup, and emailed Michelle several (a ridiculous) amount of times. Her responsiveness was incredible, and she was always so professional and sweet in all of her communications. After my trial (in which Michelle executed the look exactly as I had told her), I decided I wanted to change my hair and makeup. The day of the wedding, Michelle executed it perfectly, and my hair and makeup looked AWESOME!!! They travelled to our hotel to do our hair and makeup, and even came early! Michelle even stayed longer than she needed too to show my sister how to put in my veil! Besides making me feel beautiful, she and her team did an absolutely AMAZING job on all of the bridesmaids and moms. Everyone looked gorgeous in our pictures, and I have no doubt it is due to Michelle and her team. They were all so patient with everyone (especially myself who was a very anxious bride). Michelle did everything to make me as comfortable as possible, and turned me into a beautiful bride. She is wonderful, and I am so very happy I chose Michelle and her team as for our hair and makeup. Thank you, thank you, thank you! To all brides out there- call Pink Comb salon, they're wonderful!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Kristin · Married on 07/19/2013

My husband and I were married on July 19th at The Grove in Cedar Grove. When it came to me finding someone for hair and makeup, I had no idea who to book with. I think the scariest vendor for me to even think about was hair and makeup; I just wanted my hair and makeup to be perfect! I went to my cousin’s wedding that was about 7 month before mine and she was using I Do Hair and Makeup (Michelle and several others from the company). All of the girls were so happy with their hair and makeup that day and they all looked beautiful!! That’s when I knew that I had to book with them! I am sooo thankful that I found Michelle and that she had my date available!!

Since my wedding was in the middle of summer, I knew that it was going to be hot. I’ve always wanted to have my hair all down with waves, but my hair is usually the type to fall flat after a short while. After explaining my concerns to Michelle, she reassured me to do whatever makes me feel gorgeous. I also bought extensions from Michelle to wear the day of the wedding and it gave me some extra length and volume which looked amazing! So I had a trial and my hair and makeup came out gorgeous!! Also, the day of our wedding was a sunny, HOT day! It was during the heat wave. Michelle was amazing though!! My hair did not flop at all! It stayed perfect during pictures outside and throughout dancing all night! My makeup came out amazing too! I still am getting compliments about my eyes when people look at pictures of me from the wedding! Also, all of my 8 girls were happy with their hair and makeup the day of the wedding! (and it’s usually very hard to please that many girls) My father even made a comment that he never expected everything to go as smoothly as it did when you have so many girls getting ready! Thanks to everyone from I Do hair and Makeup for all that you did on my wedding day!!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Samantha · Married on 07/13/2013

Michelle and her team were everything I could have asked for and more! I searched high and low for a beauty team that I felt comfortable with and did beautiful work! Stop looking right now because you have found them- pick up the phone and book Pink Comb today !!! The morning of I was completely calm and relaxed because I knew we were in the best hands. Michelle created a schedule for me and kept all 11 of my bridesmaids on time and looking fabulous! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/13/2013

I was married this past July 2013 and this review is way overdue! Michelle and the Pink Comb Studio staff were absolutely fantastic for my wedding day. From the moment I met Michelle at my trial and saw instantly how talented, creative, and professional she was, I knew immediately that my hair would be in good hands for my big day. I could not have asked for more beautiful work to be done on my and the bridesmaids hair, along with such unique quality. Every hairstyle was done EXACTLY how asked or even BETTER! My hair stood perfect the entire night and even into the next day for our post wedding breakfast. Michelle and the Pink Comb Studio- thank you for making me look so beautiful on my big day!!!

Sent on 02/21/2014

Allison · Married on 07/12/2013

As a recent bride, I was the most nervous about my hair and make-up and Michelle helped to calm down all of these nerves. She was absolutely amazing to work with. Her positive energy and amazing professionalism made the entire process absolutely wonderful for me. She is very genuine and her passion for helping you feel beautiful shines through in everything that she does. I would also like to give a huge thank you to Chelsea and Lacey for the phenomenal job that they did for my bridal party. Even being short one stylist, these two amazing women were able to do the hair and make-up for ten women in a smooth and flawless manner. Each of my girls told me how much they loved their hair and make-up, and we received more compliments than you can even imagine. I would recommend your studio and these two women to any future bride out there. I myself can say that I LOVED my hair and make-up, and I can't wait to see my professional photos. Through the many emails and conversations that I had with Chelsea she was always a pleasure to work with. Great job all around! You guys are amazing! Allison Johnson (Crerar)

Sent on 08/23/2013

Mayra and Lacey of Pink Comb did a phenomenal job! Mayra did both my hair and makeup, while Lacey did my bridesmaids' and mother's makeup. It was an easy decision to make after my trial with Mayra. I couldn't have been happier with my hair and makeup, which looked as good as they did at the beginning of the day as the end. My mother and bridesmaids looked beautiful, too. They were so professional and easy to work with. What a great experience!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Giovanna · Married on 06/01/2013

All I can say is AMAZING! Michelle Surgent is super helpful and accommodating. They did my eyelash extensions which were beautiful for the day of my wedding and all through my 15 day honeymoon. They outlasted lots of swimming, snorkeling, sunscreens, lotions and still looked great. My wedding Day airbrush make up was outstanding. Trish did a great job on my Mom my Maid of Honor and I. They are beautiful ladies but their make up looked extra special that day. Mine outlasted all my tears of joy and the kisses from all our friends and family. Thank you to the team at Pink Comb!!!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Michelle from Pink Comb was excellent! She really made my bridal hair and makeup beautiful! We also had the pleasure of working with Alysha who did an excellent job with the bridesmaids hair and Chad who did the mothers hair and makeup. I’ve already referred them to a future bride! Thanks so much for beautifying us all!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Lori · Married on 04/28/2013

I was so happy with Michelle and I Do Hair and Make-up! I'm not much of a glamour girl and was a bit anxious about this aspect of the wedding, but Michelle made me feel very comfortable with the whole process. I had 2 hair trials and she was so accomodating and responsive to all of my inquiries. She and Kerry also did hair and make-up for my mother and 2 of my bridesmaids, all 3 without previous trials, and they all looked gorgeous! Everyone looked and felt beautiful. It was a pleasure working with them and I would definitely highly recommend their services!!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2013

I am so grateful to Michelle and her team for their amazing hair and makeup services. Michelle was extremely helpful during the months preceding the wedding with my envisions for my hair and makeup. She was very responsive through email and always very professional and friendly. Not only did she go above and beyond with my hair and makeup design which made me feel so beautiful, but she also met the needs of other members in my bridal party. Her assistants also do beautiful work and are very helpful and accommodating. I highly recommend I Do Hair and Make-up to future brides in the NJ area that want very creative styles as well as traditional looks. They are reasonable, flexible, and simply fantastic! Brides-to-be will not be sorry with the amazing outcome.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Thank you so much, Michelle and Chelsea, for your amazing work on hair and makeup for both myself and my bridesmaids. I absolutely loved working with you. From the hair trial, to highlights, haircuts and extensions, and most importantly the wedding day, you were an absolute pleasure to work with. When I received the pictures back from the photographer, I could not believe how beautiful my hair and makeup looked, as well as the hair and makeup of my bridesmaids and family members. I truly thought the pictures had already been edited by the quality of your work and the way your efforts and talents showed in the pictures. I absolutely loved working with you and I would highly recommend you to my family and friends. Thank you a million times over for providing me with the hair and make-up of my dreams for one of the most important days of my life!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Amanda Carlock · Married on 12/28/2012

Michelle -

I just received our wedding photos from our photographer and it reminded me that I should reach out to you about the amazing work from Chelsea and Kerri on my wedding day.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy my mother and mother-in-law were with the results of their hair and makeup. Of course, they were very nervous at first to have anyone do their makeup and it was a challenge to get them to commit - they were concerned they would look too overdone (or like clowns as my MIL stated at one point). After Chelsea and Kerri stepped away from them they looked BEAUTIFUL! I was amazed and so were our friends and family. I am pretty sure they received more compliments on their makeup than I may have. :)

As for me, I felt like a princess and on top of the world. Chelsea knew exactly how to handle the last minute change in my entire look (I bought a new dress 3 weeks before the wedding due to losing 8" and dropping 4 dress sizes). I love that Chelsea didn't cover up my freckles - Rich (my husband loves them) - and the makeup truly looked perfect on me. Kerri worked seamlessly with my clip in real-hair extensions I had custom fitted and dyed for my hair from my salon in Philly.

My bridesmaids also glowed with their hair and makeup - they opted to keep their styles very natural and simplistic. They were extremely happy with their results and looked perfect even at midnight when the party was still going strong (even though their hair and makeup started at 6:30a).

Chelsea and Kerri were true professionals - and of course, since I have an Italian mother - they accepted breakfast and goodie bags to go. Over prepared, we had more than enough breakfast and lunch foods delivered to the house and no one to enjoy them.

I couldn't have been happier with the outcome and will recommend your team to any bride I know. I wouldn't have changed a thing about my look - from head to toes, and I can say the same for the rest of the bridal party!

Sent on 05/01/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2012

Michelle and her staff did the hair and makeup for my wedding on 12/1/12. They were professional, flexible, talented and tackled my large bridal party that consisted of me, my mother in law, and 9 bridesmaids with out any issues or problems. Their work was absolutely flawless and we all looked stunning! To top it off, the staff were all personable, easy going, and able to perfectly mimic pictures of styles that everyone wanted done with their hair.

The assistance that Michelle brought with her were amazing as well. Overall, Michelle and I Do Hair and Makeup were exceptional! I would whole heartedly recommend this vendor to any bride in the area as Michelle is willing to work on your hair and makeup until you are satisfied. Michelle also travels onsite, which makes everything more convenient and comfortable. Thank you I Do Hair and Makeup for being apart of my big day and making me look beautiful!

Sent on 12/30/2012