Pink Comb Studio. Reviews

229 | Westfield, NJ

229 Reviews for Pink Comb Studio.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Pink Comb Studio. 6
Pink Comb Studio. 7
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

Pink Comb Studio was absolutely fantastic! I am SO happy I chose them for my special day. Their prices were incredible, and Marena is incredibly talented! My hair came out EXACTLY how I wanted it, and it stayed the whole night! I felt absolutely beautiful, and I received so many compliments! All of my bridesmaids and my mother looked wonderful. I am also so grateful for all of the help they provided me from beginning to end! I know I had millions of questions, and they put me at ease and made me feel completely comfortable with everything. They were beyond helpful, and the hair stylists at this studio are incredible. Thank you so much for making my big day perfect! I highly recommend Pink Comb Studio! You won't be disappointed!

Pink Comb Studio. 8

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

I looked no where else, I went straight to Pink Comb to book! I had seen them in action at my cousin's wedding, and even though I wasn't engaged yet I knew I'd use them when my time came. They were so efficient, so nice and so easy to work with. Michelle is just wonderful, she answered every email within a day no matter if my email had 1 question or 7 questions. My hair + makeup trial was great and really fun, their studio in Westfield is so cute. We had 3 glam girls who were completely prepared and ready to handle 12 (yes twelve!) clients! They finished right on time, in fact a few minutes early. Lacey was the superstar of the day, my hair and makeup turned out even better than it did at the trial. Also, my sister (my MOH) didn't like her hair style (not Lacey's fault, my sister just totally changed her mind) and one of the other stylist's completely, and I mean completely, re-did my sister's hair in about 15 minutes. All of the stylists were so sweet and we had fun with them! They also offered to touch up everyone's lipstick before they head out. A+, I will recommend them to all my friends. Thank you Michelle and Lacey!!!!

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

One word—“WOW!!!!!!!!” I am beyond happy with the service I received for my wedding this past September with Pink Comb Studio. Michelle (the owner) and Alysha did my bridal parties’ hair, and everyone was beyond happy! The staff was very professional and made everyone look fabulous! Michelle is very quick when it comes to communication and is extremely organized which is what every bride needs on her wedding day. If you want a stress-free experience—book with them!

I booked my hair trial with Michelle 3 months before my wedding and had an amazing experience—she is honest with which hair piece looks the best and whether or not a look will stay. They do everything—updo, half up/down, blow outs, hair extensions and more! They know the hair business inside and out. On the day of the wedding, they showed up 15 minutes early to set up, so the first appointment was on schedule!

I want to point out one thing in particular where Michelle went above and beyond her services. My sister had a baby the day before and had to miss my wedding. Michelle was understanding and told me that she could remove her from the itinerary without any issues/charges. I chose however to find a close friend who sat in for the time slot that my sister had. That was a nice gesture on her part and shows her kind character. Thank you for making our experience a great one!

Pink Comb Studio. 9
    Pink Comb Studio. 10
    Pink Comb Studio. 11
    Pink Comb Studio. 12
    Pink Comb Studio. 13
    Pink Comb Studio. 14
    Pink Comb Studio. 15

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

Marena and her team hit it out of the park with my wedding. Throughout the planning process, Marena was there to help me figure out what we needed for hair and makeup including scheduling, example pictures, my trial and overall organizing. I had two trials because I changed my mind and she was so flexible and creative to make my vision a reality. On my wedding day, Marena and her team were on-time, so professional and polite. They did a great job with every single one of my girls. They made them look natural but beautiful. Marena and Krisztina made me look and feel like the most beautiful bride. I was so happy with my choice to use Pink Comb and I recommend them to any bride in New Jersey.

MICHELLE · Married on 04/14/2018

THE BEST!! Cannot say enough great things about pink comb. Marena,kerri and Chelsea made us all look like models on my wedding day. 2 weeks later im still getting numerous compliments on our hair and makeup. They were super professional and so easy to work with. We all looked just as fab as we did at 9am when we got ready until 2am when the after party was over. Absolutely flawless. Owner Michelle is the absolute sweetest and was so prompt with responses to any questions I had and was so kind. Love them all!!! Pink comb for the win. Hire these ladies you will be so glad you did!!!

Kelly · Married on 03/30/2018

I have NEVER felt as beautiful as I did the day of my wedding. Lacey did my hair and make up and made my vision happen, from the perfect hairstyle to glamorous, smooth make up. I opted for traditional make up instead of airbrush and I never even needed a touch up. I am more than happy with our results!!

Alison · Married on 10/20/2017

These ladies are the best! Michelle and Lacey we wonderful to work with and we had such a good time chatting and joking while we got ready on the big day! I am not someone who wears makeup often so I was especially nervous about how I would look on the day, but I had no reason to be! I received so many compliments from everyone on how I looked and how the hair and makeup these ladies did matched my dress and the mood so perfectly! I was blown away how everything came together and the "review" that mattered most was a glowing one. . . my husband was speechless and that was the best reaction of all!

Erin · Married on 09/30/2017

I could not be happier with Pink Comb!!! I did two trials, one way in advance of the wedding and then I booked them immediately, and then another about a month before. (I had changed my hair color, let my hair grow out, had a baby, etc.) I decided to use extensions for my second trial and Wedding Day. For my second trial, they were booked up but were so flexible and accommodating in order to get me in! Keri did my hair and Chelsea did my make up for both trials and for my big day! I am so incredibly impressed by their talent and their passion for their jobs. On my wedding day, I could not believe how quickly they got all my girls and my mother done! Everyone was so happy with their hair and make up!

Pink Comb Studio. 16
    Pink Comb Studio. 17
    Pink Comb Studio. 18
    Pink Comb Studio. 19
    Pink Comb Studio. 20
    Pink Comb Studio. 21

Steph · Married on 07/16/2017

Pink Comb was absolutely the best!!! From the make up and hair trial to my Wedding Day, it was nothing but ease, stress free and perfection. They listen to what you wanted for your look and provided great feedback. I had a very large bridal party getting their hair and makeup done, in which Pink Comb was very well prepared in advanced with an organized schedule, something I didn't have to worry over! On my wedding day, everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful we all looked!! Pink Comb made my Wedding Day flawless! I highly recommend such passionate and talented group of ladies for any occasion!!

Alyssa · Married on 07/08/2017

These ladies are exceptional! From the trial, to my big day I had all the confidence that I was going to have the exact look I was going for. They are extremely professional while warm and friendly. We had a great time the morning of the wedding sharing stories about their love lives as well! I highly recommend using Pink Comb for any big day coming up!

Chelsea · Married on 03/12/2017

I am so pleased I went with pink comb Michelle and her team are awesome ! These ladies know the business and are amazing at what they do! They are the sweetest too which is a great plus ! They had my whole bridal party looking Fabulous! Thank guys xoxox

Jillian · Married on 12/17/2016

I loved Pink Comb Studio! Alexis and Alysha did an amazing job. All of my girls looked wonderful and I was so happy with everything that they did for me! They were affordable, accommodating, friendly, and professional!

Maryellen · Married on 09/24/2016

Marena (hair) and Chad (makeup) were outstanding! We had fun getting ready and they helped to make sure we were all comfortable while looking our best. Marina made sure all of our hair was absolutely perfect before leaving, and Chad took one final look at everyone's makeup before packing up. My hair looked great at the end of the night, even though a few curls fell out of my undo from dancing too hard, and my makeup looked like it had just been done an hour before bed, even though it had been over 12 hours! All of my bridesmaids were beautiful and I couldn't say thank you enough to Pink Comb Studio for making my wedding day so easy and beautiful.

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

From my trial to my wedding day, I was beyond pleased with Pink Comb's expertise and professionalism. I was unsure how I'd be able to achieve the hairstyle I wanted since my natural hair color is rare and thin. Michelle was able to find extensions that matched my hair perfectly and styled it exactly how I wanted it by just showing her a few pictures. Michelle along with Marena, Lacey, and Renee did hair and makeup for myself as well as my 7 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom. Everyone LOVED their services and was impressed that their hair and makeup stayed perfectly for the entire night! I highly recommend Pink Comb to anyone who wants a stress free, professional, and organized beauty experience – they are the best!!

Jessica · Married on 08/12/2016

Our wedding was August 12, 2016 and I used the Pink Comb Studio for hair and makeup for myself and the bridal party. They were recommended to me from a friend and I was immediately impressed with them. The owner, Michelle, is very easy to work with and Kerri (hair) and Chelsea (makeup) are amazing artists! I loved their work at the hair trial in the spring and I purchased extensions through them. They did such an amazing job that our hair and makeup lasted the entire wedding day-even through 100 degree temperatures with 95% humidity! The bridal party was impressed at how long lasting the makeup was and that their curls stayed in throughout the day despite taking pictures in the heat! Kerri & Chelsea are very nice, down to earth people and very easy to work with. They were prompt the day of the wedding and got everyone done and ready a little earlier than scheduled. I can't say enough great things about them. I plan on continuing to use their services for other events and for personal needs, such as hair color. If you want your hair to be perfect and your bridal party to look amazing, go with The Pink Comb in Westfield!

Erica · Married on 08/05/2016

Choosing Pink Comb was probably the easiest choice I made (second to saying yes to my husband, of course!). Michelle is incredibly professional and ensured the perfect day for my bridesmaids and me for hair and make-up. The day of the wedding, I was completely at ease and we even finished ahead of schedule, which apparently never happens!! Michelle, Chelsea, and Alysha ensured my girls and I had a seamless time getting ready which was definitely the case. They moved quickly and efficiently. I'm so glad we went with Pink Comb!! And I have since referred two bride friends to Pink Comb for 2017 weddings. They were as impressed as I was at their trials and I know they will have the same amazing experience on their wedding day!

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

Pink Comb provided hair and make up for myself (bride), 5 bridesmaids, and hair for our flower girl. First off, all the planning and asking/answering questions was flawless, Michelle was absolutely amazing to work and coordinate with, as well as extremely sweet and friendly. She was so responsive and flexible with me! My trial went extremely well, Lacey is absolutely amazing and also very friendly and fun to talk with during the trial. The day of the wedding, Lacey and Kerri were on time and totally ready to go! They are both phenomenal at what they do. They did exactly what we wanted them to, offering suggestions and asking for pictures to be sure they knew what the girls wanted. I felt absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day, as did my girls. Our hair and make up looked amazing all through the day and night. I really couldn't be happier with Pink Comb, I highly recommend them and will absolutely use their services again in the future!

Hillary · Married on 07/09/2016

Michelle and her team truly saved the day after I had a terrible experience with another unresponsive salon. Michelle was so friendly and helpful in setting up my hair trial and arranging plans for my wedding date. Lacey and Alysha came to do everyone's hair and were excellent. And they got 8 women (5 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and the bride) done not just on time, but a half hour early! They made my wedding day stress free and I cannot recommend them enough.

Kaitlin · Married on 07/03/2016

From the moment when I emailed Michele, she was responsive and flexible. I had to change my trial date, and she gave me many options that would fit my schedule. She set up the time schedule for the day of, and I didn't have to think of anything (just what a busy bride needs). Kerri worked with me on my trial and she listened to what I wanted and created a beautiful hair style. Angela did my make up trial, and she knew exactly what to do. I walked out of there feeling confident that my wedding day would be perfect. On the day of the wedding, hair and make up was done at our hotel and the girls arrived on time and they were professional the entire time. Kerri and Alysha came to do our hair. With 11 girls (including me) needing hair to be done, they worked quickly and created styles that looked amazing! They were even completed ahead of schedule! My girls (and mom) were amazed at their quick and stunning hair styles. There is nothing like seeing a smile on your bridesmaids faces. There have been many times in the past where my friends have had their hair done and ended up hating their hair, this was NOT one of those times. Angela was there to do our makeup. She also worked quickly and listened to what everyone wanted (she even remembered what I wanted). She was flexible when people wanted changes, and she made everyone feel beautiful. I received comments at the end of my wedding night about how wonderful my hair and make up looked after a full day. THANK YOU so much for making me feel incredible on such an important day. I would recommend the Pink Comb Salon to anyone, and I can't wait to use them again! :)

Jenna · Married on 07/03/2016

I could not be happier that I chose Pink Comb Studio for my wedding day. The owner, Michelle, is professional, extremely organized, accommodating and her team is OUTSTANDING. I knew I was in good hands from the moment Lacey did my hair and makeup for my engagement shoot. Having only met me a few moments before, she was able to capture the exact look that I was going for and the pictures were amazing. The day of my wedding I used Pink Comb for my hair and makeup as well as for my mother in law, aunt and bridal party. Lacey, Kelly and Alysha were on time and already set up before we even got there. They had 10 people to take care of in a short time and they were able to do so without anyone feeling rushed or shortchanged all the while with smiles on their faces! We had so much fun getting ready with these ladies and every single one of us was thrilled with the results! Lacey helped make me feel so confident and beautiful on one of the most important days of my life and for that I will be forever grateful! This team is the BEST!

Pink Comb did an amazing job! I had 12 bridesmaids, 3 mothers and myself to get ready and they did it in 4 hours! I have never felt more beautiful in my life!. I highly recommend Pink Comb!

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/21/2016

Pink Comb is the best of the best. Lacey, Alysha and Val did such an amazing job at my wedding May 21st. The girls had just 3 hours to get 12 people done and they did it with such ease, I had no stress! Lacey made me look and feel like a princess on my wedding day and I can't thank her enough. My girls were so happy with Alysha and Val they got Pink Comb's info for their weddings next year. Everyone was raving about how great the experience was! They worked with me to schedule my trial on a Saturday because that's the only day my schedule allowed for, which was so helpful. They were so organized from start to finish. They gave me a timeline to get all the girls done and they didn't worry me with anything that day. Truly appreciate the professionalism and would recommend anyone to go with Pink Comb!

Brittney · Married on 05/06/2016

After a disastrous hair and makeup trial in Central NJ/NJ Shore Area, I asked for recommendations for travelling artists from friends a little further north in NJ, and Pink Comb came highly recommended. I booked an appointment through Michelle with Kerri for my hair trial only three months before my wedding, and they were extremely accommodating. Michelle also informed me that the available makeup artist for my big day in early May was out on maternity leave, and I could tentatively book her and do a trial last minute.
    I was nerve wracked after my previous experience, but was eased into a happy calm morning when I met Kerri and she saw the pictures from my prior experience and we had a really good laugh. I showed her pictures of what I wanted after expressing what I didn’t want, and she went to work. 45 minutes later I felt glamorous, and we discussed little tweaks and ideas, she took notes and pictures to refer to for the big day, and I booked her on the spot and snatched up Chelsea for makeup too (I figured that there was no way a service employing someone this good would have a bad makeup artist).
    Two weeks before my wedding, I met with Chelsea and we had an equally amazing makeup run. She really understood the look I was going for, we took pictures, and started to get excited for the big day.
    On the day of the wedding, both women were on time, and despite some skepticism on the timeline from my MOH everyone was ready early! Both Chelsea and Kerri were prepared, worked quickly, and really helped me feel glamorous. We changed a few little things last minute and I couldn’t have been happier with my very “old Hollywood glam” waves and bold lips. I could not have been happier!
    The women that I had the pleasure of hiring through Pink Comb made me not only look amazing but feel beautiful. Thank you Michelle for having such awesome people on staff, and thank you again Kerri and Chelsea! I would recommend you to anyone for anything a thousand times over!

Theresa · Married on 04/29/2016

I can not thank the Pink Comb Team enough for the amazing job they did for my wedding. I was absolutely in love with my hair and makeup!! Alysha and Chad did exactly what I wanted :) I had a big bridal party 9 girls including me, plus both Moms. Chad, Alysha and Lacey were awesome. They were professional, organized, and fun. They helped make my day so special. I honestly didn't have a worry at all thanks to Michelle who organized and set up everything from day one! I would recommend Pink Comb for any event you want to look gorgeous all night :)

Thanks again xoxo Theresa

Truc-Lan · Married on 04/23/2016

I researched and got price quotes from 7 different hair/makeup companies before going with Pink Comb, and I am so happy that I did! After seeing someone I knew featured on the Pink Comb gallery and hearing her glowing review, I was more than convinced to book with them. I also really wanted to work with one company that did both hair AND makeup. We had Angela for makeup and Kerri for hair and they both did a fantastic job. From the beginning, Michelle let me know that she couldn’t make my wedding date, but reading all the online reviews reassured me that anyone on Michelle’s team was a great choice. My original hair/makeup trial was scheduled for the weekend of the big blizzard in NJ, and Michelle worked hard to get me a rescheduled date that was on a Saturday and worked with my schedule. As a person who never wears makeup, I was a little nervous for my trial, but Angela was reassuring and made me look natural and beautiful! She encouraged me to try lashes for the trial so I could make the most informed decision for the wedding day. It was a good decision because I ended up going with both lashes and airbrushed makeup for the wedding. I had to change into a traditional Vietnamese dress and hat for part of the wedding; Kerri worked magic with my hair so that it looked great with my white wedding dress and then my Vietnamese hat fit perfectly over my hair style. It’s been about a month since the wedding and I am loving every picture that reminds me how well my makeup and hair stayed all night! Angela and Kerri worked great with my bridesmaids and mothers. Michelle provided a detailed schedule of the day so I was able to give my bridesmaids and mothers a specific time to be down at the bridal suite. Angela and Kerri arrived right on time and actually finished with everyone (and me) ahead of schedule. This made the rest of our day extremely low-stress and we have so much appreciation for that.
    I would highly recommend all of Pink Comb's services!