PIER 22 Dining and Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Rose
    Rose E. Getting married on 05/02/2022

Great Food!

Pier22 was delicious!!! Everyone loved the food. I wanted a Latin Flavor at our wedding and Pier22 delivered!!! Outstanding! Highly recommend them.
    Gina Married on 06/10/2021

Everything we wanted and more

Jillian is wonderful, and made the whole planning process so easy! Pier22 did an absolutely beautiful job setting everything up, serving, and cleaning up. The staff was friendly, professional, and actually seemed to be having fun. And they made sure no matter where my groom and I were (during pictures, etc.), that we had drinks, appetizers, and anything else we wanted. They sent to go boxes with us at the end of the night too, since the bride and groom never get to eat much during the wedding. The food was delicious, and we had so many options to choose from. Our guests (and the bride) especially loved the chicken and waffle appetizers, but that is just one example of the unique and delicious options Pier22 offers. We are so glad we chose Pier22. They were such a big part of our best day ever, and we felt so well taken care of. We can't thank Jillian and her team enough!
    Caty Married on 05/22/2021

Most perfect wedding

You have GOT to use this catering company!! Jillian was there with me every step of the way. They way that she just handled every detail made this day the most perfect! When she had to leave, Katie stepped in and WOW- I felt like a celebrity. Every time I turned around, she was there asking what I needed. She was there for our entire wedding party as well. They RAVED about how awesome Katie was!! We will forever be using Pier 22 for catering in the future and I HIGHLY recommend to everyone, especially if you’re having an event at the Powel Crosley!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa G. Married on 03/20/2021

Amazing wedding catering!

We worked with Jillian for our wedding in Sarasota and we are so happy we chose Pier22 to cater our wedding! Jillian is was so kind and responsive and made the whole planning process so easy! Pier22 did an amazing job setting everything up, serving, and cleaning up. The staff was friendly and professional and the food was delicious! We are so glad we chose Pier22 for our wedding day! We can't thank Jillian and her team enough!
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie L. Married on 03/06/2021

Great Experience ALL AROUND!

We had the pleasure of working with Jillian to plan our best day ever! She was helpful in every part of decision making from ceremony to reception. All of my questions were answered and suggestions were made that made our experience smooth and stress free all around! It was great being able to enjoy our day and not worry about one thing!!
    Lindsey Married on 02/15/2019

Jillian and her team were wonderful to work with!

We held our ceremony and reception at Pier 22 and it was the perfect venue for our big day. Jillian was very responsive, helpful, and easy to work with. She and her team were professional and helped pull off our wedding without a hitch! They even helped plan a special ice cream sundae station that was hit with our guests!-The Applewhites
    Clair Married on 02/02/2019

Enchanting Venue

This venue is beautiful, with its ceremony area on the terrace by the water and the reception in the elegant ballroom. Jillian was amazing. She answered my million questions and was very accommodating to make our day the best we could ask for.
    Claire K. Married on 11/23/2018

Phenomenal Venue and Gorgeous Location

The Venue Is Beautiful with a Gorgeous view of the Manatee River. The Food was Absolutely Delicious! People are still raving over the Prime Rib Carving Station and Chicken Marsala! Jillian did an Amazing job with the setup, menu planning, and overall Support. The event far exceeded our expectations, thanks to her Experience and Great Suggestions. All the Catering and Bar Staff during our event were Exceptionally Friendly and Professional. It was a Very Special Night for our Family, one we will always remember!
    Rachel Married on 04/15/2017
    Pier22 was the perfect place to have our reception after a beach ceremony. They offer multiple areas to accommodate parties of different sizes. The event coordinator Jillian was such a big help. She guided us in our menu choices, helped with all the details, and even decorated the room. The staff was wonderful, as was the food. I would definitely recommend!
    Stacy Married on 01/14/2017
    Jillian was super helpful helping us figure out what we wanted and what was popular. We brought in lots of nerdy decor and she set it up perfect. The ballroom is beautiful. Food was all good, I didn't find anything I didn't like, and our guests seemed happy.

PIER 22 Dining and Catering's reply:

Thank you Stacy. We enjoyed being part of your big day!
    Gabriella Married on 12/30/2016
    We loved Pier 22 because it was a beautiful location and very accommodating to what we were envisioning for the day. Jillian, the event coordinator, was on top of every detail and made everything so easy to plan. On the actual wedding, the waitstaff was quick and gracious in service, and the decorations we dropped off looked exactly the way we wanted. We would highly recommend!

PIER 22 Dining and Catering's reply:

Thank you for celebrating with us! Congratulations.
    Kelly Married on 10/22/2016
    We held our wedding reception in the 1/2 Ballroom West. It is a beautiful room with a spectacular view of the sunset. One of the highlights of our reception was the food. The quality and presentation of the food was amazing - I have never had wedding food that tasted so good! Jillian, the wedding coordinator, was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely accommodating and will go above and beyond to make sure your event is everything you want and more. I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding reception.

PIER 22 Dining and Catering's reply:

Thank you for celebrating with us. Congratulations!
    Stephanie Married on 10/08/2016
    Pier 22 exceeded all of our expectations for our October 2016 wedding. Our ceremony was outside along the beautiful Manatee river and reception was inside in the Ballroom. Jillian and her team were extremely attentive and the service was impeccable down to the very last detail. They did a fantastic job decorating and it was so nice to not have to worry about that with everything that was going on that day! Any last minute requests were handled with efficiency and no stress! Everyone is still raving about the venue and the food! Highly recommend this venue for any event or catering.
    Tiffany Married on 06/04/2016
    Very positive and stress free planning for both my ceremony and reception. They work with you and oversee the ceremony to make sure the time schedule was on point. The lighting and decor was perfect. And the sunset view was a bonus. All around great venue with no issues. Staff was always friendly and made you feel welcomed.

PIER 22 Dining and Catering's reply:

Thank you Tiffany. Congratulations again!
    Alaina Married on 11/28/2015
    Jillian at Pier 22 has been FANTASTIC to work with! She is always quick to respond and addresses every question we have. Professional assistance, full service, beautiful location, great staff, amazing food.. What more could a bride ask for?
    David Married on 06/25/2015
    Michelle and the staff at Pier 22 went above our expectations. She understood our vision and enhanced it as well as making suggestions and taking lots of pressure and worry off us. All our guests loved the decorations and flowers and food!!
    Kaitlin Married on 12/06/2014
    We used Pier 22 for our rehearsal dinner. We had about 30 people at our rehearsal dinner and we were set up in the Sunset Room, which overlooked the Manatee River. We started off with passed hors d'oeuvres and drinks (beer and wine only) We had a set menu of 3 dinner options; a fish, chicken, and beef option, that came with either a soup or salad. Everything was amazing! The staff was very attentive and you did not have to wait long for a new drink, which was nice considering the restaurant itself was packed. We were able to bring in our own grooms cake for dessert. Michelle, the event coordinator, was so great to work with! We were able to go down and do a rehearsal dinner taste testing. I highly recommend Pier 22 for your rehearsal dinner!

We also used Pier 22 for our catering. I couldn't have been happier with our selections. We chose a fish, chicken, and carving station. Everything was displayed beautifully and came out hot. Our guests are still raving about our food selections! The waitstaff that was provided were amazing. When we were choosing our salads at the tasting, my husband wanted a different one, so they brought him out his own salad which he loved. We used their bar service too. We chose to do craft beer and wine. We also did small late night snacks for our guests before the ceremony ended. Once again, Michelle was amazing. She was very attentive to what we wanted. I highly recommend Pier 22 for your catering services too.
  • Ali
    Ali Married on 11/16/2014
    My parents-in-law hosted our rehearsal dinner at Pier 22 in one of the main ballrooms and it was incredible.

Seriously, like a mini wedding. From what my mom-in-law told me, the whole crew from the manager to the waiters that were involved with the process were extremely kind, accommodating, helpful and just fabulous to work with. The view of the Manatee River is delightful, especially for all of our out of town guests. They were wowed by the whole venue, especially the patio veranda area with the twinkle lights. Everything in the ballroom was chosen with care, they provided all the tablecloths, glassware, etc. We had a delicious meal, open bar with my parents-in-law's microbrewery beer on hand (they were gracious in allowing them to provide that with no extra charge) and dessert, all which we were allowed to choose from a set menu. The atmosphere was classy, and well planned.

Thanks Pier 22 for giving us an awesome rehearsal dinner! Everyone loved it and we will definitely be back!
  • Heather
    Heather Married on 11/03/2014
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Pier 22 and the venue is so gorgeous as well as the food is delicious. The setup in the private room was outstanding and I loved the centerpieces they provided. I loved that our names were on our menus that had been preselected. I kept some as a momento of the evening. Service was excellent. Food was delicious and portions were plentiful. Really a dream to have our rehearsal dinner at Pier 22!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 02/22/2014
    I don't know that this space is big enough to explain how awesome of an experience we had with Pier 22. Michelle, the events coordinator went above and beyond to make our day special and perfect, and I do mean perfect. First, she and I have been exchanging emails for the better part of a year during the planning process. She was very patient with my nervous bride questions and didn't ever make me feel as though I was a burden or crazy. She had ideas, and visions that I am so thankful for. Our space was outside on the terrace. That was my dream, was to have an outdoor wedding and reception and she made it happen. I told her what I hoped for, and she far exceeded my expectations. Her attention to detail is second to none. I didn't start to get emotional until while I was up in the ballroom looking down, I was able to see how she had it all set up and it was absolutely gorgeous. Gorgeous doesn't do it justice… more like breathtaking. The food was outstanding. I was told by many of our guests that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I have attended a lot of weddings, and I have to agree, it was the best wedding food ever. It was also the best wedding ever, and I don't believe I'm being biased. I am so grateful to Michelle and her team. My husband and I will definitely go back to have dinners there. If you want an event that is well run, amazing, and beautiful… you need to go to Pier 22.
  • User1862647 2+ years ago
    PIER 22 was the perfect, classy, and elegant place to have our wedding as well as reception!
    the staff were all wonderful and the whole event was beautiful and perfect!
    Brandi Married on 10/13/2013
    If I could give Pier 22 and their amazing coordinator Michelle Nichols a score higher than 5.0 out of 5.0 I would!!! Michelle did an amazing job with helping us coordinate our wedding reception. The decorations were outstanding and I could not have done it without her! The venue, view and food are outstanding at Pier 22, but what sealed the deal for us was Michelle's personality. She puts everything she has into every event she does and you can see the detail and love that goes into everything!!! We have formed a friendship through this whole wedding process and I am so happy for that! Food was amazing, room was amazing, view was amazing and the staff was amazing!! Thank you Michelle and Pier 22 for a wedding reception that me, my friends and family will never forget!!! You are the best!!! Love - The Bartman's
    Lauraine Married on 10/12/2013
    I cannot say enough about Pier 22 and Michelle Nichols, the event manager. She went above and beyond to make our reception amazing. Our guests LOVED the waterfront setting and romantic atmosphere of the patio.
  • User1291285 2+ years ago
    Pier 22 was the perfect place for our wedding! We got married on their beautiful terrace in a small wedding with only 25 guests and had the Marina Room for our reception. It was amazing, we were able to move freely from the room to the terrace for the entire evening, even having our dances out on the lighted terrace. The food and service were fantastic! The restaurant was very accommodating and really made wedding planning easy! We worked with Michelle and she was full of great ideas and truly wanted the best for our day. Our family is still talking about having a full menu and how delicious the food! We planned our Florida wedding from Maryland, but our family that lives there has already returned because they loved the atmosphere, food, and the restaurant overall. You can't get any better for a wedding on the water!