39 Reviews for Pickering Barn

Photos
Indoor (3)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
39 Pickering Barn Reviews

Loved working with Eena! Our wedding was late November and we used the hay barn for the ceremony and it was perfect! We didn't he up needing to rent the heater, it stayed plenty warm. We moved the reception into the dairy barn and the space was perfect for 150 people. We worried it was going to be too big but they spaced the tables out just right so that we used a large area of the room so it wasn't too crowded or too small.

Profile Picture Chelsea , 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can’t express enough how much we loved the pickering barn! It was the perfect venue for us and just an amazing day. I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Our daughter’s wedding reception was December 16 in Pickering Barn. It could not have gone better.

The twinkle lights around the outside were enchanting and lovely, and all the extra rooms and equipment make Pickering Barn a first-rate reception hall. We loved having all the tables and chairs set up for us and all the garbage taken care of. It truly is a blessing to the community to have such a charming place available for such a reasonable price. Our wedding was on the coldest day of the winter: 20 degrees! (so lovely and clear), but with the rented heater blasting into the Hay Barn for several hours before dancing began, the temperature was perfect.

Additionally, the Barn staff was a dream to work with, so knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating. The place decorates quickly and easily, transforming into a warm and inviting venue with a minimum of effort (we appreciated all the rules about what we could and could not hang; it made our job MUCH simpler!).

I know outdoor summer weddings are stunning because of all the work that’s been done to the grounds, but we were nothing but thrilled with our winter wonderland wedding right in the heart of our own community.

Profile Picture Sara, 12/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely gorgeous and for a great price!! I was married here in July 2016 and was pleased with the quality of service and organization of the staff. The only negative I have is that the dairy barn is not air conditioned so many of the guests ventured outside during the reception. Just a heads up for you summer brides! If I would've known, I would have put cocktail tables and the bar outside! Otherwise the entire day ran smoothly and the photo backdrops were gorgeous!

Profile Picture Amber, 7/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue was absolutely perfect for our Spring wedding! I really wanted a rustic barn wedding and other venues that I looked into were so expensive! Pickering is a city of Issaquah building was a lot less expensive than other places. Plus, you get the barn and then some! The staff set up all of the chairs and tables and took them down a the end of the night. We had about 100 guests and the reception area holds 400 people! We had our bartender, DJ an photo booth set up with our tables and it was the perfect amount of space for dancing at the end of the night! I highly recommend Pickering Barn. We came away with some amazing photos and I could not be happier with how everything turned out and the quick responses from the staff.

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We wanted a barn setting and it was the perfect atmosphere and location! You also bring in all of your own vendors, which was great!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Pickering Barn staff were extremely helpful and very friendly! I was so impressed at their professionalism. They went above and beyond their job duties. I am so glad I had my wedding at the Pickering Barn. It is a stunning venue and it has beautiful scenery for pictures. They let us use our own food vendors, which saved us a lot of money.

Profile Picture User4367508, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is top-notch! They were so easy and pleasing to work with during my daughter's wedding. Being in the wedding business, I know how important reviews are when prospective clients are weighing their options. The Pickering Barn has it all...beautiful grounds, exceptional value and no-hassle, friendly staff. I'd use them again in a heartbeat!!

Profile Picture Tina, 5/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I searched tirelessly to find a venue that fit our vision, our family and friends (300!) and our budget after we got engaged. Many places we came upon were too small, didn't come with much of the equipment so we would have had to rent it ourselves at an additional cost, or were so outrageously priced I had to laugh in order to not cry. When we stumbled upon Pickering Barn, and I do mean stumbled as it wasn't being very well advertised on wedding sites at the time, we thought it must be too good to be true. We were very eager to see it and booked it before we had even gotten the chance to go visit. HUGE risk, but when we finally got up there we couldn't stop smiling and laughing - it is truly stunning; I don't think the pictures do it justice. The venue is so simple, rustic, and lovely that you could do a ton of decor with it and would transform into whatever you would like, or you can do what we did and go pretty simple and let the beauty of the space shine. My family and friends couldn't stop talking about what an amazing venue it was and our pictures are stunning. You wouldn't believe that we were sitting in the middle of Issaquah across from a Costco! It made it really easy for people to navigate and with reasonably priced hotels just a short walk or drive away it made for easy access for out of town guests. The staff was also wonderful. They answered questions quickly, allowed us to add on or take away as we needed, gave suggestions on how to easily decorate when we went up for an open house, and were not hovering throughout the wedding, but arrived in the later hours to start tearing down. They were just so kind.

My biggest suggestion for you is to book this place EARLY if you think you want it. Since it is owned by the city their cost is much lower than privately owned properties, and word is getting out on its size and beauty. We booked nearly two years out and when we went up for an open house a year out, every weekend was booked solid.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff was amazing. We wanted to change the room after the ceremony and they did with no questions asked and super fast! We received so many compliments on our choice in venue and would get married there again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Emily , 9/21/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue for my ceremony and reception. It had plenty of room for all of our guests, was affordable, plenty of parking, was very close to hotels for guests and was beaufitul inside and out. I loved everything about it. If I had to plan my wedding all over again, I would not change a thing about it being held at Pickering Barn.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/19/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I selected the Pickering Barn because I grew up in Issaquah and loved the space they had. The only difficulty is how far out you have to book, which if you have a long time to plan - this is great and shows how popular they are. The staff was super accommodating and didn't interfere with our wedding other than to make sure everything was going smoothly. They would respond to e-mails and answer questions with plenty of open house opportunities to see the space. The workbook they provide with their rules, regulations and equipment is helpful in planning and very detailed. I would recommend this venue to anyone since the value for the space is wonderful.

Profile Picture Andrea, 4/12/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tables and chairs were all available, great rate, and fast, reliable staff. Verrry accomodating.

Profile Picture cecilia, 11/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful, large venue!!! The staff is very helpful! The venue is very large and has two large rooms for ceremony and reception at the same venue if you choose. Good location right off I-90 and fun to bring in your own ideas for decorating! Venue includes all tables and chairs. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Brittany, 12/8/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The location, especially for a summer wedding is BEAUTIFUL! We loved the rusticness an the amazing gardens. The staff is so amazing. Who knew it would be over 80* in WA when we booked the location a couple years ago. The staff searched through the storage and found hand fans from a previous group and passed them out. The price is VERY good, especially for all you get--chairs, tables, etc.!!!

Profile Picture Brandie, 8/21/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Can't say enough good things about the staff here....the guy coordinating on the day of was fantastic - he pretty literally told us "whatever you want, I'll make happen"

Profile Picture User1218316, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have absolutely no complaints about The Pickering Barn. The venue is huge and absolutely beautiful. There are 3 areas to hold the reception and/or ceremony including an outdoor area. The Pickering Barn staff will set up all of the chairs and tables, all you have to do is decorate. When you walk into the dairy barn there is a giant metal air duct in the ceiling that stands out when the venue is not decorated. Once you have all your tables decorated, you don't even see it. Also, they have farmers markets on Saturdays through the summer months so don't plan on a daytime Saturday wedding. GREAT VENUE!!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/2/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pickering Barn was a wonderful place to have our wedding! Jera was very prompt in communication, and answered any questions that I had. Beautiful space, my only complaint is that there are quite a few decorating restrictions. No tape, tacks, etc. so we had to get creative. The price and location can't be beat!

Profile Picture Brita, 10/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I really enjoyed working with the Pickering Barn for my wedding! The only thing I didn't like, was that I couldn't book my rehearsal until 1 month prior, which made it difficult to plan the rehearsal dinner. I didn't want to have the dinner in Issaquah unless we were doing the rehearsal at the barn. Also, I really wanted to setup the night before but we would have had to "buy out" the whole night.

Profile Picture Heather, 12/14/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were so thrilled to have our wedding here at the Pickering Barn. Jera and the staff were more than helpful when it came to changing timelines and giving suggestions on how to get things done. The place is huge and felt a little daunting to decorate and make it ours but once we got started and a staff member suggested using their wall dividers and we and our families set out to decorate it became more than we could ever dream of.

Jera was very helpful always answering my questions and concerns, we can't thank her enough for being so supportive during our planning process!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/22/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pickering was fantastic. They are flexible, and very helpful. The staff was extremely friendly, and they made our wedding day terrific. The grounds are beautiful and there are a ton of picture areas there. The Pickering is perfect for indoor and outdoor weddings.

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/9/07, 6 Reviews
4.7

Great venue even on the hottest day of the year! Staff was incognito but available any time we had a concern and worked hard to keep us cool. Beautiful red barn that's affordable and beautiful!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/25/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

This venue is great if you are looking for a place to hold a large amount of people (up to 400 in Dairy Barn). The venue is beautiful and lots of pretty places to take pictures. We had the ceremony in the hay barn and the reception in the dairy barn. Only issue I had was that I wanted to add time at the end of the alloted time and they wouldn't let me but they would let you add time to the beginning. So our clean up was very rushed. We did get our whole deposit back though. Otherwise Jera was very professional and I enjoyed working with her. She emailed me back pretty quickly but it was hard to get ahold of people over the phone. Great value overall. They will even let you use your own caterer, and other vendors. We made our own food and it was convenient that Costco was right next to the venue.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/21/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

The venue is beautiful! and very reasonably priced.
the packet they give you really helps you understand what you can and can't do.
my only comments would be
- they don't have dimmers on the lights, so they are either off or on
-they have very strict rules because they are a city venue (no lose glitter, so loose flower petals etc.)
-one of the barns isnt heated
but overall an extremely beautiful venue, and great value
perfect for our wedding