Piccolo Trattoria Catering Reviews

Piccolo Trattoria Catering 4
Piccolo Trattoria Catering 5

Joe S. · Married on 11/23/2019

Wedding Caterer

Simply amazing food and service. Every guest throughout the weeks following our wedding could not stop saying how they've never had better wedding food. Everything came out hot and on schedule. The cocktail hour app's were incredible. Piccolo's knows exactly what they are doing come wedding day. The owner himself even stayed all night to make sure everything went as planned which we did not expect. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 11/09/2019

Catered Wedding including cocktail hour, sit-down dinner, dessert, and bar service

If you are looking for a caterer who will go above and beyond for your wedding day then Piccolo Trattoria is the perfect choice. One of the most important things for our wedding was food and so we knew we had to find the perfect caterer. We were first introduced to Fami at an open house hosted at our venue. There were other caterers at the open house but as soon as we tried Fami's food (pumpkin gnocchi specifically), we knew he was the perfect guy to cater our wedding.

Fami and his staff were very involved throughout the whole wedding planning process. We met at his restaurant to go over specifics for the menu and got to try a lot of amazing food that day. His staff was also very accommodating when we found out we had to move to the west coast in the middle of wedding planning and let us do our taste testing much earlier then originally planned where we got to try even more amazing food.

After taste testing the food on multiple occasions, I knew that everything was going to be delicious but Fami and his staff at Piccolo really blew us away on our wedding day. The food, presentation, and service was way better than I could have ever imagined. We had so many compliments from our guests on how delicious everything was and so many people were telling us that it was one of the best filet's they had ever had.

All in all, I would highly recommend Piccolo Trattoria for your wedding day. They are very involved throughout the whole wedding planning process, are extremely client-centered, reliable, delicious, and have a wide variety of options for cocktail hour, dinner, dessert, and even the bar to make your wedding unique.

Piccolo Trattoria Catering 6
    Piccolo Trattoria Catering 11
    Sent on 11/24/2019

erica stump · Married on 10/12/2019

Outstanding

I highly recommend piccolo for a wedding!! They went above and beyond. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day and they did absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Silva · Married on 09/22/2019

Unforgettable experience

My husband and I were married at Tyler Gardens on September 22, 2019. Through Tyler Gardens they had an exclusive caterer list, and our option was Piccolo Trattoria. From the first phone with Tara, I knew we were in great hands and that we picked the right restaurant. Tara was super informative, sweet, and accommodating. She answered all of my questions and was able to offer her advice when we were stuck with what to go with. When we met with Fami, I felt he was more about making people happy then just wanting to take our money. He was so interpersonal with us and wanted to know us as a couple before as just clients. He provided a delicious cocktail hour and menu and gave us many options to choose from and never pushed to pick more expensive options, we always felt that we were in control and weren’t being forced to choose something which means a lot to us. A few weeks before my wedding my father had unexpectedly passed away, when I let Fami know, the first thing he asked us was when he could send us some food our way. That sweet gesture meant so much to my mother and I, and we are so grateful for meeting such a kind person who truly cares about others. All my guests raved how incredibly delicious the food was and how everything was set up so beautifully by staff. My seating chart ended up breaking because of the wind and Fami and his assistants set up a new seating chart in less than a half hour and were able to direct all the guests to their seats without any issues. If you’re still looking for a caterer, look no further because no one is better than Piccolo’s.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Natalee · Married on 09/21/2019

Made my day so easy

Piccolo allowed me to have the wedding of my dreams. I absolutely loved working with Fami and the piccolo team. They always worked with us and were easy to accommodate us. Our wedding day wouldn’t have been nearly as perfect if the Piccolo team wasn’t there. Love them and their food.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Ashley Brandt · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing staff

Fami and his staff were beyond amazing. We had them cater our wedding and everything was beautiful and my husband and I felt extremely taken care of all day long. I Would recommend them to anyone for any kind of event. My guests raved about the food, even the steaks were cooked to the temperature everyone requested which is a rare experience at a wedding. Can’t wait to have them host another event for us.

Piccolo Trattoria Catering 12
    Piccolo Trattoria Catering 13
    Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Charlie

Charlie Baker · Married on 08/18/2019

Amazing Food!!!

Fami,Tara, and Lori did and amazing job on our wedding day at Tyler Gardens in Newtown. We had spent months pulling the details together and on the day of the wedding they totally brought their A-Game! We had more food than we could have ever imagined, all beautifully displayed from start to finish. Fami himself was cooking at the Pasta Station during the cocktail hour which the guests all thought was pretty cool. They also set up a beautiful antipasti table with a massive wheel of cheese that was beautifully displayed. As the night carried on, The Piccolo Team continued to impress with expert service and wait staff delivering 4 separate entrees to guests as the pleased. They were nice enough to make a tasting plate for me because I couldn't just decide on one. After dinner they set up an amazing desert wall that had everything from tiramisu, my favorite, to galato. Most of our guests went for two or three rounds of desert. Hey why not!? As the party died down and guests started to leave, they rolled out the final course, Piccolo pizzas in about 100 different varieties. It was a huge hit and exactly the right way to cap a night of dancing and cocktails. Amazing job from this team. We get guests reminiscing all the time about how good the food was.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Vera Boak · Married on 06/01/2019

Mother of the bride

My daughter and son-in-law were married at Tyler Gardens on June 1st this year. Fami and his staff were incredible to work with!! They were caring, accommodating, and flawless in their execution of so many details. On top of several delicious food stations, they served almost 200 people a spectacular sit down dinner. Over 125 guests chose filet mignon and miraculously they prepared them by order. As a special surprise for the bride and groom he had a LOVE ice sculpture adorning the bar totally complementing the Philly vibe. As if that weren’t enough, they prepared an awesome dessert table and a late night snack of Philly cheese steaks and waffle fries! Everything was delicious from start to finish and presented with elegance. So many guests complemented everything!! Fami is all heart and made their special day so memorable as he facilitated making their wedding day dreams come true!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Mike · Married on 09/15/2018

My fiancée and I had selected Tyler Gardens for our venue, and we had the choice of four vendors for the big day. We met Fahmi at a showcase about a year before our date, September 15, 2018. He immediately made us feel like family the night we met with him to discuss our vision, options and selections (not to mention posing for a picture with us at the reception!). Fahmi was extremely generous and flexible in terms of our selections. He was extremely responsive and gave us his honest input throughout the planning process. Piccolo’s banquet manager, Beth, was simply incredible. Since the venue didn’t provide a “mater dei” or point person in terms of day-of logistics and questions, Beth fielded all of our questions promptly and we did not feel worried once. She helped relieve a great deal of stress that planning a wedding creates. Beth went above and beyond and we feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Beth so closely, specifically from our walkthrough at the venue all the way through the actual wedding day. In terms of execution, Fahmi and his team delivered and exceeded our expectations. Fahmi even accommodated our bridal party at the last minute, offering some paninis as we took pictures before the ceremony started, and offered flatbreads for guests on the way out—two things that were never initially discussed. We received rave reviews about the cocktail hour, stations, entrees, the specialty drinks, everything. One comment made to us from a guest was verbatim, “No lie I think that was the best food I’ve had at a wedding.” We can’t thank our Piccolo family enough and would recommend them to EVERYONE who wants one less thing to worry about in planning a wedding. We’ll never forget you and your team’s hard work, efforts and your generosity. Thank you for helping to make our wedding day a day we will remember forever! -Mike and Alicia

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Y

yasmine · Married on 09/30/2017

When it comes to your big day the caterer is going to be one of the most difficult choices. We used Piccolo Trattoria and they helped make this an easy choice. They customized small details allowing us to accommodate all our different guests. They bought flavor that had everyone raving about each item on the menu. The service was classy with a sense of urgency felt for each individual. There are things that you know you want and they were able to find more that you haven't even thought of that made all the difference in the evening. We had a guest in our party that is pregnant and recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes, she wasn't able to eat anything on our menu due to her diet restrictions. Piccolo went out of there way to go get her a salad and accommodate her promptly (they have a restaurant close to the venue which helps for things like this).
    The response from our guests was over the top, everyone was raving about the food all night. We greatly appreciate the Piccolo team! Fami and his wife are so involved as well and attentive to every request. I often found myself wanting to talk to Fami directly on things just because that how anal I am- I like to go straight to the source- and he was so prompt in all his responses and never once pushed me onto someone else. He accommodated our rehearsal dinner at his establishment last minute and it went flawlessly…even after we had to push it back an hour because we were running late!This place is more than just an Italian restaurant- They accommodated some Spanish food for our cocktail hour and had other non-Italian choices so we could have more variety. The provided us with premium alcohol, a served plated dinner, cocktail hour with multiple stations and passed hor’dourves all at a reasonable rate. They truly worked with our b

Piccolo Trattoria Catering 14
    Piccolo Trattoria Catering 20
    Sent on 11/03/2017
  • brieliz

brielle · Married on 01/07/2017

I hired Piccolo Trattoria for my rehearsal dinner which went perfectly. The room was completely set up even before we arrived from the church. I had dropped off the cake, alcohol and centerpieces that afternoon and everything was set up. The wait staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. My dad even took his wife back for Valentine's day because he was so impressed. Ali was very responsive in emails and setting everything up. I would definitely recommend for a rehearsal dinner location or for catering for any event.

Sent on 03/10/2017
  • I

Irma · Married on 09/24/2016

Piccolo catered my bridal shower and my wedding! They will always be my first choice! Their customer service and not to mention their food is superb.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Marria · Married on 07/31/2016

The food is amazing! I come from a big Italian family and they are very critical about Italian cuisine. They are still raving about it! The staff was attentive, professional and all around awesome. With only a quick 2 min word vomit explanation about how to set up for my entire ceremony and reception they executed it perfectly. Food is very important to me and as I said their food is phenomenal, but the people really sealed the deal. Ali Newman took care of my every request and executed my vision perfectly. The whole staff was on top of it everything the whole time in general. And so friendly! If there were any issues I knew nothing of it. I highly highly recommend them for catering and small-medium events. I had about a 30 person wedding so I can't speak to more than that. But for what I can speak for I speak loudly!

Sent on 08/12/2016

A. · Married on 07/02/2016

My experience was better than I could ever have imagined .Everyone was pleasant to work with and accommodating to my guest as well . If I could do it all over again , I would defiantly choose this restaurant for my intimate wedding .

Sent on 08/11/2016

Terri · Married on 04/01/2016

It was a pleasure working with Ali Newman, who was the catering coordinator for Piccolo Trattoria. My son and his wife were married earlier in the year in England and we had a second reception for them at Rose Bank Winery in Newtown. From the first meeting with Ali, we felt we were in good hands. She was a great source of information as far as food choices and the best way to set up and arrange the venue. Piccolo took care of the everything from tables and chairs to linens to the placing of centerpieces. All we had to do was show up and give our approval! The food was fabulous! We had so many complements on the appetizers alone! The dinner was equally wonderful. The waitstaff and bartenders could not do enough to make sure everyone was happy. At the end of the night, everything was left spotless. Leftovers were packed up for us to take that night and we returned the next day to pick up the centerpieces, etc, which were all packed and ready to go. Thank you Ali and Piccolo Trattoria for making it a truly special event!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Heidi · Married on 03/30/2016

Food was fantastic, service was excellent. Best choice for our rehearsal dinner, hands down!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Renee · event on: 06/21/2015

Ali was great. I called her for two events - the first one on Mother's Day and then a second time for Father's Day. She remembered me immediately and made the process seamless.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Renee · event on: 06/21/2015

I have worked with Piccolo Trattoria previously, but this was my first time working with Fahmi. He was such a great help! We decided to use our own warming trays this time, and he gave us suggestions on how best to set things up. Very friendly & great customer service!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Food was great. Ali Newman made the party very easy. Set up, serving and clean up was done well, just as contracted. Would definitely use again.

Sent on 07/06/2015
  • User5246072 · event on: 06/20/2015

The food was excellent! Most of our guests commented on how good the food was. The fruit platter was not only delicious, it was absolutely beautiful, a work of art! Ali was terrific to work with, she is friendly, flexible and professional. She did a wonderful job of recommending dishes & portions and organizing the event as a whole. Mo and his assistant were on time with the delivery, they arranged the buffet with Sterno's quickly and with care. They were respectful and helpful and came back to pick up the equipment the next day. Mo was so kind and always trying to be sure we had what we needed and made himself available by cell in case there were any issues. He even drove back to our home with additional Sterno's! Kudos to Fahmi and his staff!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kira · Married on 06/14/2015

My husband and I recently got married at Sand Castle Winery and choosing Piccolo's as our caterer was hands down the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. Piccolo's is one of the preferred vendors of the winery - originally we started working with a non-preferred vendor and I became disgruntled as they were very slow to get back to me. At a bridal show, I met Ali, the Director of Catering at Piccolo's. Since we were having issues with the other caterer, we decided to give them a try and went to a free sampling of their food. We were sold from that meeting because the food was delicious and we were extremely impressed with Ali's attention to detail and expertise. We dumped the other caterer and moved forward with Piccolo's. Our intuition from that initial meeting was dead on because working with Piccolo's for our wedding was a dream come true! Ali is more than just a Catering Director, she is like a partner in the wedding planning process - offering advice and referrals which made my job so much easier. She consistently went above and beyond both before the wedding and the day of. She met with us before the wedding to do a walk-through of the event so she would know where every single piece of décor would go and the exact timeline of events - and then her and her team executed that perfectly the day of the wedding. In short, Ali and her team are rockstars!! The day of the wedding, I literally had no worries because I was confident that Ali and her team would turn our visions into reality - which they did and actually they even made it better than we had imagined! The service was flawless and all of our guests raved about the food, especially the penne a la vodka and the steak. Oh - and how could I forget about the meat slicer and parmesan cheese wheel at the cocktail hour?! We thought the pricing was extremely reasonable especially considering the great quality of the food and the attentive service from the catering staff.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Piccolo recently catered my wedding at the Rose Bank Winery in Newtown, PA, and did a FANTASTIC job. The catering manager, Ali, helped us through every step; she and her staff set up the entire wedding, including outdoor seating for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and even all of our centerpieces. and favors She provided us with full staff (including bartenders, even though Piccolo is BYO) and gave us recommendations for alcohol providers, bakeries for wedding cake, etc and coordinated well with all of the other vendors. Ali was extremely responsive throughout the entire planning process.

Of every aspect of our wedding, the food definitely received the most compliments. Piccolo allowed us to write our own menu and were basically able to accommodate anything we asked for. We had an unbelievable cocktail hour with a full antipasto spread and passed hors d'oeuvres. We opted for buffet, with filet, shrimp cocktail, lobster rolls, crab cakes, and sides, all of which were unbelievable.

I would definitely recommend Piccolo for catering. Ali took so much of our stress away and really delivered. Thank you for a great experience!

Sent on 06/22/2015

cynthia · Married on 05/08/2015

The food and service were fantastic!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Theresa · event on: 04/30/2015

The staff was very professional and easy to work with. Ali was very responsive to our needs and worked with us to perfect the details. Our guests favorably commented on the food and service.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Joanna · event on: 04/11/2015

We hosted our daughters 1st birthday here and we could not have been more pleased. The services was exceptional, the food was delicious and the help we got with planning was outstanding. The event over exceeded our expectations and all our guests left extremely pleased. Thank you so much and we will certainly be using you for our next events!!

Sent on 04/14/2015