Photos by Rob Futrell Reviews

Photos by Rob Futrell 7
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Photographer Ever!

Let me start by saying that Rob (and his lovely wife Jill) are an amazing pair to work with! From our beautiful engagement photos (where we knew we would love them come wedding day), to our actual wedding day, Rob was absolutely amazing. Handling the quick turn around of weddings, guiding us to make sure we get amazing photos (which we completely did), to capturing the most beautiful moments that we will cherish forever, Rob was an A+++ photographer. This guy right here is dedicated to his work(he even jumped down into the rocks by the crashing water, just to get that perfect shot!!) His vision and style is unique and top it off with his fun, outgoing personality, there isn't anyone else my husband and I would have wanted to capture our day!

Thank you Rob and Jill for your beautiful work, we are forever thankful!

Kathryn & Joe

A · Married on 07/15/2018

Rob & his wife, Jill are the most awesome team to work with! One look at Rob's website and I was sold. His pictures are incredibly creative and he is so passionate about what he does! Rob has all of this energy and excitement and it absolutely carries through in his work. When you choose a wedding photographer you want someone who's up-beat, that will keep you smiling ear to ear, laughing and allowing you to enjoy your moments without you realizing you have someone photographing your almost every move. Rob and Jill felt like a part of our wedding, not just a vendor we hired. They flawlessly integrate themselves into your day, make you feel comfortable ,and you know you can trust them to capture everything you would want to look back on. They are one of the most caring, fun and passionate duos I have met and you absolutely cannot go wrong when choosing them to capture your most special moments!

Photos by Rob Futrell 8

Madison · Married on 06/01/2018

Amazing Photographer

Rob and Jill were an amazing couple to work with. They were easy going, creative and gave great direction. I was stunned by the photographs. I would highly recommmend this company.

• Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 05/26/2018

I spoke to at least ten photographers when I began the search for my daughter’s wedding, as it’s one of the most important decisions in a wedding. Once my daughter and her now husband also talked to a few of them we all knew Rob Futrell was the perfect choice as we all just clicked, which is extremely important when working with a photographer. Rob traveled to the engagement session as my daughter and her husband don’t live in Jacksonville, and they all had the best time creating fabulous pictures and getting to know each other, which really made the wedding day more fun for them and very smooth. Rob and his wife Jill were fantastic to work with from start to finish. They were always available if I had a question and gave great advice as to the timing of the event. At the wedding they were prompt and got right to work, having fun with the whole wedding party while capturing the entire day. They were not at all obtrusive, but they were always there shooting pictures that I cannot wait to see. Rob’s pricing is reasonable, fair and competitive. His style is laid back, and he really makes everyone feel at ease as he goes about his work. I would highly recommend Rob!

Venus · Married on 04/21/2018

I cannot express how amazing Rob is. He made the whole process so easy and normal feeling. The pictures are amazing. I highly recommend him.You wont regret your decision.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Photos by Rob Futrell's reply:

Venus, you are so beautiful - thank you for trusting us to do what we love to do and for giving me that extra time for pictures of you in that stunning dress. Hug Sam for us - he was such a trooper!

Kristen · Married on 03/25/2018

How do I even begin with this? Awesome, fantastic, amazing, the best thing that could have happened to my wedding. When my husband found out how much I spent on our photographer, he was a bit bent out of shape, but about halfway through our big day he looked over at me and said "they're so perfect, I'm so glad you got them." After a brief and definite I TOLD YOU SO, I reflected on what exactly would have driven my hard-headed husband to admit that he was wrong, and it was just who Rob and Jill are. I literally have been unable to stop thinking about them since my wedding and I cannot wait to see my pictures. That is one way to know that a photographer did a phenomenal job, when you can go online and write a short story about hoe amazing they were and how much they changed your life BEFORE even seeing the pictures. These two have my business for the rest of my life, if I EVER need a photography team, I want it to be them. ROB LAID IN TRAFFIC TO GET ONE SHOT FOR GOD'S SAKE, HES AN ANIMAL! Obviously in a good way. Aside from all the normal mushy gush that weddings give you, Rob and Jill were the absolute BEST part of my wedding, love you guys.

Benjamin · Married on 02/18/2018

Rob and Jill are the best. Period. Awesome photos and a great team. Will make all your guests feel comfortable. Will amaze everybody with how the pics turn out.

Photos by Rob Futrell 9
    Photos by Rob Futrell 10
    Photos by Rob Futrell 11
    Photos by Rob Futrell 12
    Photos by Rob Futrell 13

Caitlyn · Married on 02/03/2018

Rob and Dawn truly made our wedding day so special! Rob is beyond talented, friendly and professional, he made me us feel so comfortable and assured. He not only took amazing pictures for us, but also helped coordinate our wedding day, and even helped with my veil when no one else could figure it out. Rob executed our wedding pictures in such a wonderful way, and hiring him was honestly the best decision we made concerning our wedding. I can't thank Rob and Dawn enough for everything they did for us! This company is amazing and you will be making a great decision by choosing him and his team to capture any special moment in your life! Thank you endlessly for everything Rob!
    From Caity and Nick S.

Jaime · Married on 01/27/2018

Choosing to work with Rob for our wedding was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Our first meeting with he and his wife, Jill, we immediately fell in love. Not only are their photos gorgeous, but he and Jill have a knack for making you feel comfortable in your own skin so that he can capture the best moments. He told our wedding story in the best possible way, by allowing some posed photos, but mostly captured the ones that can't be posed and will be cherished forever. I can't recommend Rob Futrell enough, and can promise you that he will make an amazing impact on your most special day!

Photos by Rob Futrell 14
    Photos by Rob Futrell 15
    Photos by Rob Futrell 16
    Photos by Rob Futrell 17

Brian · Married on 01/20/2018

Our first meeting took place at his house, where we just sat and talked for a little over an hour and a half. Rob really wanted to get to know us and our lifestyle so that he can gauge how they would take photos. Even though this was the first time meeting them, it felt like we were at a good friend’s house catching up on old times and telling stories. This really showed us how passionate he is about what he does and when the meeting concluded, we (wife and I) gave each other a look that said “SOLD”.
    From here, they set up a timeline and schedule for us so we would know what to expect (and when). This way, there were no surprises and expectations were clear and understood. Throughout the wedding planning process, we kept Rob and Jill informed so that they could effectively plan their schedules and everything went nearly perfect without any problems.
    During our wedding, I told Rob that he and Jill are in charge of everything so that events go smoothly. They were all over the place taking thousands of pictures. They had the timeline planned so that afterward, we went to fort to capture some beautiful light during Nights of Lights. I mean it’s not JUST the pictures they took, but Rob actually went and laid down in a wet, mud hole to get a natural reflection shot off the water. They also set up a camping plot (tent included) at their house and started a fire so they could capture my wife and I doing our thing. The results were nothing short of stunning. After a couple of weeks of having the photos in post-production, the pictures were done and we were extremely happy of the results.
    Overall, they took approximately over 4,000 pictures. After they went through each one, they picked the ones they thought were winners and we ended up with over 1,300 photos that make us feel that we are right back at our wedding day. If there was one thing that went completely right, it was the fact that we hired the right team to document the happiest day of our lives.

Alejandra · Married on 01/06/2018

Rob and his wife make the best team. I chose Rob as my photographer for my wedding and it was one of the best choices I made! Rob and his wife are sweet, fun, vibrant, funny, and easy going on my wedding day. They are great at responding to any questions of mine throughout the entire process. The photos turned out amazing and I love them. You really cannot ask for a better photographer!!

Lindsay · Married on 12/09/2017

If you can book Rob Futrell for your wedding...consider yourself lucky! :) Rob is one of the most down-to-earth, personable, patient, kind, funny, amazing people I’ve ever met AND he’s a FANTASTIC photographer...it’s almost too good to be true, but he exists!

I found Rob through Wedding Wire one night and was totally stoked when he told me that he was able to shoot our wedding! We couldn’t have been more happy with the entire photo experience - not only are the pictures amazing, but the process was completely painless (I have a short attention span, so I can only handle posed photos for so long)!

Rob is very efficient, ensuring that the best aspects of your wedding (and people at your wedding!) are captured perfectly. Further, he will make you feel and look like a rockstar... and provide you with photos that you will cherish forever. We can’t wait to book Rob again for more of life’s big moments. Thank you, Rob!!!

Photos by Rob Futrell 18
    Photos by Rob Futrell 19
    Photos by Rob Futrell 20
    Photos by Rob Futrell 21
    Photos by Rob Futrell 22

Kim · Married on 10/27/2017

Rob and Meg were perfect for our daughters wedding! We could not have had better people do the photos! Rob was so easy to work with from the time we booked him until the end of the wedding. We highly recommende Rob for any special day you may have!!!! Kimberly and David Brannan

Janet · Married on 10/21/2017

Rob Futrell is a true professional who obviously wants the best experience for his clients. He insists it is all about the bride and groom and he fulfills every request for special photos. The end products are beautiful photographs to treasure for a lifetime! Our advise? Book him early!!

Alison · Married on 10/21/2017

Rob and Jill are amazing! I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were every step of the way. They are so easygoing and really make you feel comfortable. It was like having a couple extra friends there on our day. They are so fun to have there, and every single photo is beautiful! I wish I could give them more than 5 stars because they deserve it!

Photos by Rob Futrell 23
    Photos by Rob Futrell 24
    Photos by Rob Futrell 25

Bill · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Rob was the easiest part of our wedding. He took the time to get to know not only what my wife and I wanted in our wedding photography, but also the time to get to know US! I know it is his personal approach to photography that makes him the absolute best at what he does. Every time I see his pictures of our wedding, I am reminded of the extreme amount of effort he put forth to be in several places at once, allowing us to experience moments we thought we missed. I cannot thank him enough for his service to us, and will be recommending him to everyone in need of a photography professional. Plus, I feel as though I made a sincere friend throughout the process.

Photos by Rob Futrell 26
    Photos by Rob Futrell 27

Shelby · Married on 10/10/2017

Rob Futrell is by far the most talented photographer I have ever known. He puts you at ease the moment you meet him. He understands every idea that you have while finding ways to elevate your idea beyond your dreams. He is a prodigiously brilliant, kind, funny, engaged, hardworking, caring, inventive artist. Our wedding day elopement in Charleston was intimate and perfect. Rob and his assistant Meg drove to and from Charleston (the same day) and captured any and every seemingly tiny moment throughout the day. Having Rob there was second only to marrying my incredible husband.

Photos by Rob Futrell 28
    Photos by Rob Futrell 29

Kim · Married on 10/07/2017

Rob and Jill did an incredible, phenomenal, amazing... insert more fantastic adjectives here... job. They captured the fun, joy, love and all the details of our daughter and son-in-law's wedding. Rob's direction and attention to detail is amazing. What I love most of all, Rob took such good care of our daughter, making her laugh and at ease. It was incredible seeing her enjoy every single moment of her and Richard's big day. Photography is a big part of our lives, so important to us. Rob's style, his personality, it was a match made in heaven. Thank you for making time stop in the amazing memories you captured. Truly a talented professional and we are so grateful.

Photos by Rob Futrell 30
    Photos by Rob Futrell 31
    Photos by Rob Futrell 32
    Photos by Rob Futrell 33

BreeAnna · Married on 07/22/2017

Rob and Jill were absolutely wonderful to work with! Although we never got the chance to meet Jill, she was very responsive in communicating with us and preparing us prior to the wedding! Rob was great to work with and even took up the opportunity to leave Florida for an Iowa wedding. Rob turned into a friend and was a blast to hang out with all day! He even joined in on our Scottish attire. The pictures turned out amazing and only contributed to the suburb experience Rob provided!

Photos by Rob Futrell 34
    Photos by Rob Futrell 35
    Photos by Rob Futrell 36
    Photos by Rob Futrell 37
    Photos by Rob Futrell 38
    Photos by Rob Futrell 39

Alex · Married on 07/01/2017

I book for several entertainment services. We work with a lot of photographers. Rob is incredibly easy to work with and gets amazing shots. He has always been very fast to respond as well, which, makes the whole process very easy. I highly recommend him.

Smruthi · Married on 06/24/2017

Rob and Jill are incredible! Not only did they give us beautiful engagement photos but that made us feel so comfortable and happy during the session! We will definitely treasure our pictures for a lifetime!

Kelly · Married on 02/24/2017

We are so thankful for Rob and his amazing wife Jill. They came through for us in a pinch and blew us away with their absolute willingness to go the extra mile in helping make lasting memories for our son and his fiancé in taking spectacular engagement photos.

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 02/05/2017

So I owe a disclaimer up front: we didn't actually end up using Rob. But believe me, I still feel like he's part of the family I never knew I had. Photography was the toughest decision we had to make. Rob and his wife were great to meet with, and I was totally relaxed at the consultation, despite all the wild things being felled in their front yard by a hurricane (ahem, need I point out the professionalism of meeting me at the home office two days after a hurricane??). St. Augustine abounds with super talented photographers, and eventually you have to choose one. I did my homework, and will say I'm an avid fan of Rob on social media, and in real wedding photography, While we ended up choosing (eenie meanie money moe style) a different photographer, I caution anyone reading this review -- don't miss out! Pick Rob! I continue to be amazed and amused by his work.

Kalli · Married on 01/28/2017

I'm sure anything I say has already been said 100 times. Working with Rob and his Wife Jill for our engagement session and wedding was amazing. They were fun and upbeat and listened to what we did or didn't want. They made us feel like we were old friends. The only downside to this is now we won't see them. Maybe we can keep faking engagement sessions to stay in their photography family :)

Sabina · Married on 12/18/2016

My fiance and I were beyond thrilled and amazed with the photos Rob had taken of our special day!! His photos tell a story and take hold all the emotions that went on that day in one shot. I have shed tears looking back on the photos reminiscing of all the moments and emotions felt that day. From the moment we had our first consultation meeting at starbucks till the big day was like a fun adventure with not just great professionalism but humor and friendlyness, too. I never felt like I had to worry and everything went so smoothly. The day of the wedding was like one big ball of fun the whole time, he was like family every step of the way. Such an amazing personality! with great jokes, humor, and playfulness that made every single person laugh and smile. All my single gals asked about hiring him for their future wedding days! He not only made a long life lasting imprint within our lives but amongst my families' as well. Would recommend him for any and every event and cannot wait to work with him again!!!