Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding Reviews

71 | Plymouth, MI

71 Reviews for Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding

71 Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding Reviews

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

Matthew and I had a wedding that was beyond perfect. We knew we were wanting to do something intimate, unique and memorable, but Ann and her team delivered that and so much more. My husband and I cannot be more thrilled with our wedding. The sites that were planned were gorgeous, the food was perfect, and the super jeeps were so much fun. I could rave for days, but the bottom line is Ann is the perfect wedding planner. She’s friendly, organized, extremely talented and so easy to communicate with. If I could do it all again, I would do it exactly the same, rain and all! Ann and her team were able to take us to parts of Iceland that a normal tourist would not be able to experience or think to visit. So, she made it very cool, adventurous and such a special way to get married. We also absolutely love our photos that came in a manner that was so fun! Every guest that made the trek to Iceland with Matthew and I are still talking about how magical the experience was and how we all want to go back!

Jacalyn · Married on 04/24/2018

My husband and I cannot speak more highly of Ann and Iceland Wedding Planner/Your Adventure Wedding. We knew immediately that we wanted to work with her: her personality is bubbly and infectious! She is so knowledgeable and makes you feel completely at ease from the very beginning of the planning process. Planning a wedding abroad is a daunting task, but Ann took ALL of the stress away. We corresponded countless times over a year and a half of planning, and she always responded to our exhausting list of questions promptly. When it came time for our wedding day, Ann was flawless in execution. She corralled the two of us, our videography team, and both sets of parents without breaking a sweat! She ensured that our day was absolute perfection – from 5am to almost 10pm. It truly allowed us to relax and take in the magic of the entire day. Her photography style is absolutely stunning, and it was fun to watch her in her element all day. She has such a great eye for detail, I loved the moments when we would stop the van and run out for 5-10 minutes of pictures just because the light was perfect. I cannot begin to express how grateful we are to Ann, her team, and all that was done to ensure an EPIC wedding day!

Ashley · Married on 03/14/2018

Ann and her team went above and beyond to give us the most epic wedding day. We were initially bummed that some of our locations were compromised due to insane but typical Iceland spring weather (50+ km/h winds, snow, sleet, and rain). Ann's positive attitude and flexibility got us through it and we couldn't be happier with the results. She really will do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot and is very professional and prompt with her communication during the pre-planning, wedding day, and post-wedding stages.

Stephanie · Married on 03/12/2018

We had the time of our lives on our elopement in Iceland with Ann and her amazing team! They were super professional and organized like you wouldn’t believe! We chose awesome places that we wanted to experience and have our pictures taken. As with the unpredictable weather in Iceland, especially in the winter, there were spots we couldn’t get too. Ann and her team had other places "up their sleeves" in case we couldn't go to the areas we chose. These other secret spots were probably more amazing than the original areas! So beautiful! We are so incredibly happy we chose Ann and her team to plan, create and make our Iceland adventure wedding an epic, unforgettable day!

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 1
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 2

Rebecca · Married on 02/17/2018

My husband and I can’t thank Ann enough for making our Iceland elopement everything we hoped it would be: a magical, romantic adventure! She didn’t miss a detail and thought of everything that we needed and wouldn’t have thought of on our own. She was in constant communication leading up to the big day, providing everything from guidance on legal paperwork to hidden secret sights for the rest of our trip. She and her team are the best. Of course, the photos are just spectacular!

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 3
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 4
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 5

Didi · Married on 10/29/2017

My husband and I went to Iceland on our first vacation and ended up getting engaged. We decided we had to go back and elope in such a beautiful and meaningful place. We did a search and of all the planners we found, Ann stood out the most. Her website was comprehensive and she did an artful job of showcasing her wedding/elopement photography. We changed our mind several times before we finally decided on a package and she was very accommodating and never made you feel rushed or like you were wasting her time. The actual adventure elopement was better than any traditional "tour" you'd go on in Iceland. It was just my husband and me, Ann, and our awesome driver. We drove through rivers, up mountains, on the beach while jumping out at every location to take pictures. Touring the country while getting married was the best experience and I'm so glad Ann captured it all for us. When I look at my pictures to this day, it takes me back to each moment as if it happened yesterday. Choosing anyone else would not do that day the justice that Ann did it.

Crystal · Married on 10/07/2017

Ann was fantastic, simply put- she made sure we didn't have to worry about a think and could truly enjoy our wedding. She took great pictures (stunning, absolutely stunning pictures), all while coordinating everything and I mean everything (food, transportation, essentials, venues, celebrant, etc.). When my groom got a rip in his suit (seriously a rip down the back of the suit the first time he put it on...), she was like no problem I can sew it now or fix it in photoshop. She took care of everything. When we got home and reminisced about our adventure, both thought that working with Ann was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Mark · Married on 09/27/2017

Our wedding was the most magical and fun day imaginable and provided us with unforgettable memories of a beautiful ceremony on a mountainside in Thorsmork in the misty rain, followed by exploring some of the most beautiful places in Iceland – stunning waterfalls, vast and intimate canyons and rugged beaches of black pebbles.
    Ann and the Iceland Wedding Planner team don’t offer a formulaic experience. She provided options for itineraries and information and images of various destinations and from this we chose where we wanted to visit and created our own tailored experience. Ann also provided options for the wedding details (celebrant, hairdresser, flowers and wedding cake) so we could create exactly the feel we wanted.
    Ann just doesn’t bring creative flair to the wedding. She is the consummate professional who manages all of the administrative issues and scheduling with detail and precision. We had a few issues in getting some of the paperwork required by the Icelandic authorities but Ann helped manage this process to ensure there were no unexpected issues.
    As a result, every part of the day was meticulously planned by Ann so all we needed to do was enjoy every moment. On our wedding day Ann exuded warmth and made everything fun and enjoyable. She also chooses her service providers to ensure they provide the same combination of friendliness and assurance that everything would go smoothly.
    Ann’s photos are just extraordinarily beautiful and perfectly capture the magic of the day. Ann is a very accomplished photographer and has the ability to craft amazing images using the light and the natural landscapes. We now have several pictures hanging on the wall and they stand alone as works of art – with the added benefit of constantly reminding us of our wonderful wedding day.
    So, if you are considering an adventure wedding in Iceland, don’t consider anyone else. Ann and the Iceland Wedding Planner team will provide you with the best experience.

Sonia · Married on 09/23/2017

Working with Ann was a pleasure. She was always professional, creative, and full of positive energy while we were planning our elopement. As an added bonus, she is an absolute joy to be around. Even though we eloped, we genuinely feel like we spent our wedding day with good friends (her assistant was also a delight).
    We wanted to get married in Switzerland, a location photosbymissann had not previously ventured to. We decided to take a leap of faith by booking an inaugural trip with Ann and boy did it pay off. Ann took our input and managed to find beautiful locations, totally nailing our vision. We love our pictures, not only because they capture the beauty of the surrounding landscapes, but because our personalities and love for each other really shine in our photos. The little moments she managed to capture, coupled with epic shots, do not feel not contrived in any way.

Taylor · Married on 09/08/2017

What an incredible experience! From first deciding that we wanted to have an adventure wedding through the wedding day, Ann was absolutely fantastic to work with. We started with our Skype meeting to discuss what we wanted our wedding day to look like and for her to learn more about us. From there, she put together multiple itineraries with so many breathtaking locations to visit throughout the day. I appreciated the variety and ended up loving locations from all of the lists she sent us, so she helped us create a new itinerary with all of our favorites and a couple of new locations she scouted. Ann was so helpful with getting details arranged in Iceland like hair, make-up, and the officiant (Pastor Egil is such a wonderful man - we couldn't have asked for a better person to marry us!). Then the day of our adventure wedding, the whole team she created was great. Ann was very thoughtful with her processes, coaching us through our photos, and making sure we were comfortable throughout the day. It was incredible, but so exhausting! We started the (windiest!) day at Thjofafoss and spent the rest of the day super-jeeping through Southern Iceland to a glacier, a canyon, a couple of caves, and waterfalls. Our day ended back at our hotel for a private reception for two and the surprise of the Northern Lights! I can't put into words how much we loved this experience. It was a perfect way to get married and have this day truly be about us and spending our lives together. Thank you to Ann for the most memorable and perfect day we could have asked for.

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 6
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 7
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 8

Cameron · Married on 08/28/2017

I wish I could give Ann more than 5 stars!! I contacted her about planning our Iceland wedding, and about 8 months later it was a reality! Ann was great with communication and answered every single little email I wrote almost immediately. We had a small, family-only wedding (the 2 of us and 9 guests) and Ann made it more amazing than I ever could have dreamed!! She has connections to private locations, which is so necessary now that the top sights in Iceland are visited by so many people each day. Our ceremony was held in front of a secret waterfall and we had our cocktail hour in a private cave -- not a single tourist in sight! On top of that, she delivered stunning photos of our perfect day. I would recommend Ann to anyone wanting to get married in Iceland!! Video of our wedding day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_u9Xdmw-qM

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 9
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 10
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 11
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 12
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 13

michelle · Married on 08/12/2017

Ann was GREAT, she was exactly what we were looking for. My husband and I came from Canada to have our adventure wedding in Iceland. We spent days choosing our locations and then a huge storm forced us to change all of them the night before, but Ann still delivered on great locations and kept the stress levels down. She listened to the kinds of photographs I wanted and delivered amazing results. Communication was easy and prompt and it felt like I barely had to do anything, just make a choice on something and Ann would get it done!

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2017

Honestly, I am not sure where I can even begin. My (at the time) fiance and I were repeat customers for Ann. Our first trip to Iceland was 2 weeks after our engagement. I searched and searched for a local photographer which was difficult so last minute.. but then I found Ann. She was fantastic. We are not picture people and were scared it would be awkward and it was the complete opposite. We had the BEST time at locations we never would have known about if not for her. Hands down our best day on that first trip to Iceland and our engagement photos were out of this world. So naturally, a year later when our 100 plus people wedding had gotten out of control and too far gone from what we wanted.. going back to Iceland to elope with Ann's help was a no brainer. Let me start by mentioning.. this was pulled together in LESS THAN A MONTH'S time. Our at home wedding got so out of our reach that we last minute decided to escape for a few days just weeks before our wedding in order to get married on our own terms. Ann was up for the challenge and helped us get everything we wanted without skipping a beat. To say it was the most incredible experience and day of our lives would be an understatement. Her whole team was professional and helpful and honestly just downright FUN. There was not a single detail left out or missed. Our only complaint is that it is over. Luckily our photos are the most breathtaking remembrance of such a perfect day. If you are looking to get married in Iceland look no further, you really cannot find anyone better than Ann and her team! Deciding to elope in Iceland was the best decision we have ever made and it would never have been possible without Ann- her enthusiasm and love of adventure are infectious. We are forever grateful for our most perfect day.

Petra · Married on 07/07/2017

Your adventure wedding. Promised and delivered.
    Our wedding was a year in the planning. And from beginning to end a most exciting and memorable occasion. Ann helped with paperwork which all went easy and smooth.
    We are so happy to have chosen and met you. You and Your team are fabulous.
    Thank you for making our wedding the most memorable of all weddings ever.
    We shall treasure your photos, your spirit and your help forever.
    “With a smile” you deliver.
    “With a smile “ you left us
    “With a smile “ we can recommend you as the most flexible, most adventures, most helpful wedding planner and photographer.
    Petra & Jan

Jodi · Married on 04/14/2017

Ann is absolutely the very best!! We were so fortunate to find her to be our wedding planner and photographer. We knew we wanted to elope to Iceland and get married but had never been to Iceland and had no particulars in mind. As soon as we saw Ann's website and her idea to have your wedding be an adventure wedding in Iceland, we were sold! And she was fabulous! From the moment we had our first Skype session with her, through the planning phase, the days before the wedding day, the UNBELIEVABLE & AMAZING WEDDING DAY, to our honeymoon in Iceland which she planned for us; she was there to answer any and all questions and give us a unique beautiful meaningful adventurous wedding day that we will never ever forget. And her photos are absolutely STUNNING! We cannot give Ann enough kudos so if you are thinking of getting married in Iceland and you want a unique experience then we highly recommend Ann and Iceland Wedding Planner. Jodi & Patrick

stacey · Married on 03/15/2017

Stacey & Aaron 15th March 2017
    Country - Iceland wedding
    Location - Little black church Budir and then an adventure of the surrounding area

After we decided on the beautiful location of Iceland we researched Iceland photographers and Ann’s work kept catching our eye. We got chatting to her, she was extremely friendly, enthusiastic and attentive. We sent Ann a photo that caught our eye of Budir church with the surrounding area being a burnt orange/yellow colour and a white snowy mountain backdrop and asked her 'What time of year is this?' She replied "it's Iceland it could be anytime of the year. Every day is different and unpredictable but thats the magic of Iceland, no wedding is ever the same'. We absolutely new what she meant and decided on the month of March with an open mind that we could face any weather conditions on the day. When the day arrived it was cold crisp morning, it had snowed the night before so there was a thin layer of snow on the ground. The grass was a burnt yellow/orange colour, the sky was moody and the mountains were white, It was perfect for the photos. The ceremony was super early in the morning meaning we had the rest of the day to go on what was the best adventure of our lives". Ann really packed our day with adventure and fun, we visited lava fields, black volcanic beaches, explored Snaefellsnes Peninsula, crossed rivers and hiked to secret waterfalls. If the day couldn’t get any better we then explored Vatnshellir Cave which is an 8000 year old lava cave. We followed the path of the lava flow, about 200 meters into the cave and 35 meters below the surface to see amazing colors and lava formations. We were the first couple ever to do so on our wedding day. It was truly spectacular.

Ann is incredible photographer and a daring adventurer, we would highly recommend her.

Jasmon · Married on 02/17/2017

We engaged Ann to plan and photograph our elopement in Iceland. She provided many options for the locations and guidance of the documents required to register our marriage in Iceland. She even helped us with our itinerary for the rest of our trip. We had the craziest day of our lives and it was only possible because of Ann and the energy she brings with her. We love the secret waterfall (her idea) where we registered our marriage and although the weather turned rainy in the middle, Ann was able to change locations, always asking if we’re doing ok and running by us the options we have for the rest of the day. The day felt just right, neither too long nor too short, making us felt accomplished. Even after the actual day, she continues to follow up on our documents to make sure we received them back home. Absolutely glad we gone with Ann for our elopement.

liz · Married on 07/01/2016

If you’re planning a destination wedding Ann is the perfect wedding planner/photographer/designer/travel agent. She literally does it all. We worked with her for a destination wedding in rural Norway and we, and our guests, could not have been more pleased and amazed. We actually had not even been to Norway before but after talking to us about our likes and preferences she was able to craft several locations and itineraries for us. We ended up choosing a great location in Loen, Norway . Our wedding ceremony was held on the hotel grounds facing a beautiful fjord and mountains. After the ceremony we all hoped on a shuttle and adventured to a private beach/island, old stone bridges, and a cruise around Norway’s most famous fjord, and finally back to our hotel to enjoy a delicious dinner in a beautifully decorated room. She scouted and chose the locations in the area for our wedding pictures and took the photos herself. We could not have been more pleased with the quality of the photographs. Friends and family that we show the photos too say they should be in magazines… and in this case they actually have! https://destinationido.com/destination_weddings_norway
    Her photos captured the romance of the day and the beauty and grandeur of the Norwegian landscape. Our group of friends and family that joined us on the trip remark that it was not only the best wedding they’ve attended but also one of the best vacations that they’ve had. We could not have been more pleased with Ann. Her attention to detail, positive energy, skill, organization, and professionalism are incredible. If a completely unique and epic destination wedding are what you have in mind she is definitely the person you want to work with on making that a reality.

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 14
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 15

kelly · Married on 06/22/2016

Because of Ann I have wedding photos that are magazine worthy. I kid you not..if I can figure out how to include them below I will do so because they are jaw dropping. Aside from the amazing photos Ann gets access to all the best locations like the private beach we exchanged our vows on that morning. She even packed us a picnic style lunch that we ate in a cave...i'm not kidding!! Everything I asked for she delivered on for my husband and I. There really is no need to look any further for a wedding planner...If you are going to have a destination wedding in Iceland...this is your girl! We liked her so much that we are actually considering hiring her to do photos for an anniversary trip in another country where by the way she goes to many and has connections everywhere.
    ~ Kelly & Alain

Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 16
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 17
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 18
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 19
    Photos by Miss Ann / Iceland Wedding Planner / Your Adventure Wedding 20

James · Married on 05/28/2016

My wife and I contacted Ann to plan our trip and ceremony in Iceland, and from the first few emails and video calls, we knew we were going to be very well taken care of. Ann made choosing our options and compiling an itinerary very approachable, which was made possible by her own (apparently limitless) energy and the great relationships she's cultivated with other folks across Iceland. As a result, we had an amazing experience - our hotel was lovely and the preparation was scheduled; we were conveyed around the southern coast by an incredible pair of 4x4 off-road drivers; the ceremony was in a gorgeous, secret waterfall location; and Ann even enabled my wife to conspire with friendly Pastor Egill to start off the ceremony with the blessing from wedding scene from the movie "The Princess Bride." (This is 100% true. I did not see it coming and we could not stop laughing. There IS video. It was the best.)

We had lunch in an ice cave and my wife got to climb a glacier in a wedding dress. We drove to the coast and had a cliffside photo session, and then drove down to the beach at the bottom of the same cliff for more amazing sights. And the whole time, Ann was offering encouragement and helpful advice, was taking amazing photos, and never stopped making us feel welcomed, catered to, and invigorated.

We are so pleased to have worked with Ann and absolutely recommend her for arranging your wedding in Iceland.

Tim · Married on 05/14/2016

Given the type of work Ann Peters does, it seems appropriate to deliver this review in the form of a wedding toast:
    Ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guests. What can I say about wedding planner and photographer extraordinaire, Ann Peters? Well, the first thing that comes to mind is professionalism. At every step along the way of our year and a half of planning a destination wedding to Iceland, Ann was responsive, confidence-instilling, and instrumental in making our day special. There is no way that my fiancée and I would have felt comfortable pulling off a wedding in a foreign country without help, and Ann was the perfect planner. She took all of the hassle out of wedding planning and that says a lot! She got to know us through email and skype calls and right away understood the tone and approach that we wanted to take. She always responded to our emails quickly and with a wealth of useful information. At no time in the process did we ever feel “lost” or unsure of what was going on. My fiancée and I joked that we liked Ann so much it almost felt like we were hiring someone to be our friend! Ann’s services were invaluable and her prices were more than fair. For the amount of work that she put into the event (not to mention the planning and advice for the trip surrounding the event) I would have gladly paid her above and beyond her fee, and that doesn’t even take into account the pictures that she took! Her photos are impeccable, epic, dramatic, amazing! I can’t say enough about the quality of her work and the locations she scouted. These are not the kind of pictures that you will bring back from a normal tour of Iceland. These are jaw-dropping, one-of-a-kind shots that you can only get with someone who knows the area and can scout out these secret spots.I could go on and on about Ann, about her rock-star personality, her supernatural ability to bound effortlessly through the terrain like a mountain goat, how she made a day so memorable that my

Kathryn · Married on 04/07/2016

My husband and I became engaged on 6 February 2016 and due to his next work posting needed to get married that Easter. We both knew we wanted to elope and as neither of us are 'beach' people and we'd previously had a wonderful holiday in Iceland in 2011 we decided on Iceland. It was then a matter of how on earth we went about arranging this in just 8 weeks! The answer was Ann! I contacted her and was blown away with her enthusiasm, but more importantly her organisational skills (as a control freak myself I felt perfectly comfortable in her very capable hands). Ann and her team go above and beyond to ensure that each couple has a unique and very personal wedding day. Indeed on our wedding day we explored a brand new waterfall. Ann and her team's relationships with local landowners means that she gets access to locations others will not. I'd also add that her client care goes above and beyond - the day before our wedding I somehow managed to leave my handbag (complete with camera and passport!) at the registry office (40 miles away from our hotel), Ann came to the rescue and organised for one of the hotel staff travelling from Reykjavik to pick my bag up en route and I had it back by the next morning. Ann will literally do anything to make sure your day runs smoothly! I cannot recommend her highly enough and that's before I've even said how absolutely amazing the photos are - we are thrilled with them and friends and family are astounded, we are frequently told they are the best wedding photos anyone has ever seen. My recommendation - if you're eloping to Iceland, book with Ann!

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2015

The complete package! Photographer, wedding planner and total life saver.Miss Ann helped us plan the most magical day and night of our lives. Ann was excited for us and is amazing at what she does.
    One of our big requirements was to do something different, unusual and out of this world. We are an Aussie and a New Zelander and we knew we wanted Northern Europe and the biggest adventure elopement we could think of. Giving Miss Ann liscence to look at a few countries she came up with a shortlist of epic options. Everything from stunning grass covered churches to waterfalls and ice hotel adventures.
    We did a Finnish elopement with a glass teepee in the middle Of the snow, horse sled ride, husky rides, wandering in snow covered woods and fabulous dinner from local Finnish produce. We can't recommend Ann highly enough from her organisation to taking photos in poor light to catering to very whim Muss Ann made our wedding day totally magical.

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2015

We hired Ann to plan our wedding in Iceland. It would not have been possible without her. From submitting paperwork, picking the hotel, communicating with the hotel all the way to planning every adventure on wedding day she was worth her weight in gold. She also kept everything on track the day before the wedding as well as the day of. She was front-line to put out fires and make sure everything went smoothly. We are so grateful we found her and were able to make our destination wedding dream come true!

Bianca · Married on 08/08/2015

What a great wedding day in lovely Iceland! Totally awesome! Although it was raining the whole day long Ann made it a perfect day for both of us. Together with Guðjón (Katla Track) we had so much fun marrying, exploring and enjoying the fantastic and impressive nature, laughing and eating pylsa and chocolate cake together. All of the photos Ann took in heavy rain are really great, she went through mud and risked to damage/ruin her camera in order to capture lasting images of those unique moments for us.
    Ann did also a great job in coordinating our wedding beforehand. We got great ideas of possibilities how and where to marry of which we were able to compose our individual wedding day. She made sure that all necessary documents arrive on schedule, she remembered us again and again and was always available for answering all of our questions so that nothing could go wrong and we were able to calm down and enjoy our trip to Iceland.
    Thanks, Ann, for a fantastic time, an unforgettable wedding day and awesome photos of one of our greatest days of our lives!