Photos by AJohnson Reviews

Photos by AJohnson 6
Photos by AJohnson 7
  • I

Ioanna · Married on 07/03/2016

Alicia and Andrew were such a pleasure to work with for our wedding photography. On the day of our wedding, they were ready and eager to capture all of our special moments. They were so easy and fun to work with. They responded swiftly to our emails and were able to turn around our wedding photos to us in a short time frame. We totally give them a two thumbs up!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Cara · Married on 04/09/2016

We were so fortunate to have seen Alicia and Andrew "in action" at my brother-in-law's wedding a year prior to ours. Having witnessed firsthand how professional they were and the quality of their photography, we knew we didn't need to look any further.

A few details that show how great they are - 1) We met with them a month or so before the wedding to scope out the venue, so we could make any special requests, and they could get a sense of the location. 2) On the day of the wedding, we couldn't get into the venue until later than we wanted - so they quickly came up with several creative shots right at the hotel. They were so accommodating and quick on their feet. It made both of us feel so calm despite the change in plans last minute. Plus, some of the hotel shots are our very favorite! 3) Before we even got back from our honeymoon, they already shared 60 or so of the photographs, so we could get a taste of what was to come! It was such a nice surprise. We had so many compliments on the quality of the photos.

Last but not least, Alicia and Andrew are just delightful people! You'll feel at ease and comfortable right from the start.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Erin · Married on 12/31/2015

Andrew and Alicia are nothing but amazing and I would (and have) recommended them to anyone getting married. Not only are they amazing photographers, but also really fun people that are fun to spend a large portion of your big day with. A & A are talented, punctual, responsive, and at times even act as wedding planners helping to keep the day on schedule. Their pictures captured our day so perfectly and we will treasure them forever.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Annalisa · Married on 11/07/2015

I am so happy we went with Alicia and Andrew as our wedding photographers! We found them through our friends, who used them for their wedding as well. They met us halfway between Baltimore and Wilmington for our consultation and made us feel so at ease. Throughout the planning process we had constant communication via email and phone to go over details and they answered every question that popped into my head.

They are fun, outgoing, very creative and so down-to-earth. During the day of our wedding they were full of ideas; I didn't really have specific poses that I wanted to do, just picked the locations and they seriously took care of the rest. They gave us a sneak peak of our wedding photos two weeks after and they were spectacular. The turn around for all the photos was definitely faster than I expected. You can tell they love what they do and my new husband and I absolutely loved working with them. Give them a call, you won't regret it.

- A & D

Sent on 12/16/2015

Geneva · Married on 10/24/2015

Andrew and Alicia are amazing photographers! Our wedding photos turned out perfect. They are very professional, fun, and easy to work with. They have great ideas and captured awesome shots. They are reliable and easy to get in contact with. I would highly recommend hiring this team! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

We are so grateful to have had Alicia and Andrew as our wedding photographers. They both have such an eye for capturing spontaneous special moments as well as creatively coordinating beautiful images. Alicia and Andrew are so easy to work with and listened to what we wanted. Because of them, we have amazing images to last a lifetime. We recommend them to everyone we know!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Katherine · Married on 09/20/2015

Choosing Andrew and Alicia for our wedding photographers was one of the best decisions we made. The pictures turned out beautiful, the pricing was perfect and they were awesome people to work with! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Andrew and Alicia were amazing! They were a pleasure to work with - down to earth, friendly, creative and easy going. They were incredibly flexible and helped make sure we got the pictures we wanted. We were thrilled to see a preview of our pictures while on our honeymoon and were so happy to get the rest of the pictures so quickly. The pictures themselves turned out beautifully and we've already had people ask who our photographers were! Their encouragement and creativity yielded amazing portrait shots of the bride and groom - pictures I know we wouldn't have thought of taking on our own! I highly recommend Photos by AJohnson if you're looking for reliable, highly skilled and FUN photographers to capture your big day :)

Sent on 07/22/2015

Munir · Married on 05/24/2015

Andrew and Alicia were an absolute pleasure to work with! This was the third event they photographed for my family, and we were ecstatic that they were available for our event. They are extremely flexible, down to earth, reliable, and professional in everything they do. They don't just take photos; they provide an experience that includes fun, support, and happiness during what can become a stressful and overwhelming day. We knew we were in good hands with Andrew and Alicia, which made it easier for my wife and I to focus on other things related to the event. From initial planning all the way through delivery of the finished photos, I could not have wished for a better team to photograph our special day. They are downright good people who are amazing at capturing moments in time to create everlasting memories.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Kristina · Married on 05/16/2015

The day we got engaged I knew the first thing was to hire Andrew and Alicia as our photographers for our wedding! Their creativity and knowledge of photographing weddings made it an easy choice. Our May wedding in Brooklyn was casual and fun and they perfectly captured every single moment. Not only did they make it extremely comfortable and relaxing, their calm nature truly helped everyone feel at ease during the stress of the day. I highly HIGHLY recommend using them for any photography needs!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Michele · Married on 05/09/2015

This couple was amazing, they traveled from Delaware to Penn State for our engagement photos because that was our wish. They took amazing pictures at PSU that we will cherish forever.

They were friendly, personable, and approachable. The pictures they took on the day of the wedding were breathtaking; they captured every moment without ever being obtrusive. We actually forgot they were even there during the ceremony and the reception. We were amazed when they provided us the photos and we actually realized how extensively they catalogued our big day.

If you are looking for quality, friendly, amazing photographers look no further, you will absolutely love the end result and the process to get there.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Rebekah · Married on 03/14/2015

I heard about Andrew and Alicia through a friend and I am SO thankful that she referred me to them! They were AMAZING! They were so easy to talk to and they are SUPER nice and friendly! They always responded to my emails so quickly. They were very professional and experienced too. The day of the wedding they were everywhere- they got so many great shots!! I had rain on my wedding day in the morning and they were willing to walk through mud to get great shots outside! My family still talks about how great they were! One of the best parts was how quickly I received my preview pictures- my wedding was a Saturday and I had my preview pictures on Tuesday! AMAZING! Wonderful people, excellent work, very reasonable. Just stop looking and book with them already!! :)

Sent on 07/13/2015

Andrew · Married on 11/01/2014

My wife and I used Andrew and Alicia Johnson's services for our November 1, 2014 wedding. They were so great to work with and their pictures are spectacular! They used the entirety of the venue to create photos that will stand the test of time - beautiful shot locations with vibrant colors and unique shot locations for pictures we couldn't get any where else. It was wonderful working with 2 photographers who enjoyed the day with us and didn't force us to do any sort of pictures that didn't fit our personalities (i.e. too serious). The photos from our reception were just as amazing as the portraits - they did a wonderful job capturing the joy and excitement that we and all of our guests had on that very special day. Would 100% recommend them to any couples looking for amazing photos.

Sent on 01/07/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

Alecia and Andrew were just simply amazing! Even with just our preview pictures, all we can say is WOW!!! They both made us feel so comfortable, and you can totally see that in our pictures! They captured so many beautiful and fun moments and I can't even image what the rest of the pictures are going to look like!!! As a bride, Alecia was not just my photographer, but an awesome friend on the day of my wedding. She did everything from help wipe the cake off my face to pinning up my hair! I cannot begin to tell you how happy we were with this talented team! You will NOT be disappointed!! :):):)

Sent on 10/30/2014

Linda · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I had the absolute best experience with Andrew & Alicia! They captured so many beautiful moments for us and were nothing but helpful all day. They were fun, creative, easy to work with, and very reasonably priced. They are experts in their field and we put all our trust in them. Not only did they met our expectations, but truly exceeded them. The amount of both posed and candid photos we received is amazing! They were able to get both hilarious and emotional shots all through the night that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. We felt so comfortable with them and would recommend them without any reservations. Thank you Andrew & Alicia!!!!!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/30/2014

Andrew and Alicia... Thank you for making our wedding day such a special one to remember. The day went so smooth that we forgot you were there until we received the beautiful pictures. You were able to capture a lot of great moments through out the day; for that we are very thankful! We appreciate your professionalism, your promptness and your eye!! What a beautiful day to share with my friend as well as my photographer .... You guys ROCK I wish you many years of continues success !!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Photos by AJohnson captured the memories of our wedding through their creative work, showed passion for documenting our event, and always had quick turnaround times - we are still very excited that we selected them for our wedding!

As we prepared for our wedding, we spoke with multiple talented photographers to find who was going to fit with us best. Their passion for photography came through in our discussions while making it clear that their focus was on us and our guests. In addition, they were cognizant of religious and cultural customs and how to best photograph them while respecting the tradition. Throughout the process, they provided a relaxed, yet focused, approach to the work which was helpful to us in managing multiple parts of the planning.

During the wedding, Andrew and Alicia were AWESOME and captured every moment of the day. When we first reviewed samples of their work, there were multiple pictures where we were intrigued how they were able to take the photo in the creative angle we were viewing. The answers included that they got down on the ground, went above the guests, or from different depth perceptions and they created those same visual perspectives on our wedding day. They brought their relaxed, yet focused, approach to the event but during the group photos they provided clear direction. They coordinated with the DJ without us having to be involved, moved pictures along quickly so we could spend time with our guests, and blended in during the event.

The pictures we received were outstanding quality with so many options to choose from and they definitely captured every step of the day. One of the best parts was how quickly they delivered the photos - we received the first group of pictures a few days after the wedding - going through them was a great way to spend a morning during our honeymoon.

Overall, we were so happy with our choice of Photos by AJohnson and they will be our first choice for any events in the future!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

Andrew and Alicia are an amazing photography duo! They are so friendly and flexible and really listen to what you really want to make sure your special day really reflects your personal style. They work like ninjas and capture every moment and you don't even realize they are there. Our photos came out amazing and we have received so many compliments on them. We couldn't be more happier with their fun and yet professional style. You will not be disappointed with them!

Sent on 08/24/2014

Athena · Married on 07/19/2014

Andrew and Alicia were absolutely amazing! They were fantastic to work with, extremely professional, and we almost forgot they were there! I just received my pictures in the mail and LOVE them all!!! Andrew and Alicia are extremely talented and I would definitely recommend them to friends and family! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Tara · Married on 06/07/2014

Andrew and Alicia made our day relaxed and organized all at the same time. The photos they provided were amazing. We are so happy we were able to have them share our special day and provide such amazing service. They were professional and able to guide the wedding party for photos when needed. Our pictures looked amazing the quality they provide is top notch. We would recommend them to anyone and can't wait to use them in the future for family photos etc. Thank you Andrew and Alicia!
    Sincerely,
    The Babkas

Sent on 08/21/2014

Matt · Married on 05/09/2014

Andrew and Alicia were simply amazing. They shot both our engagement pictures and our wedding and we can't stop looking at them. They were so easy to work with, very responsive to anything we needed, and just super sweet. Our wedding day would not have been the same without them. We can't thank them enough and highly recommend them for any future needs!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Emily · Married on 04/26/2014

Andrew and Alicia from Photos by AJohnson were the photographers for my wedding and my engagement photos. They did a great job of making us feel comfortable. The pictures that they took came out beautifully. They are full of creative ideas and poses for pictures. They even took some great pictures with my puppy! They are very reasonably priced especially for having two photographers! It was great to have Alicia with the bride and bridesmaids before the wedding, while Andrew was with the groom and groomsmen before the wedding. It was also nice to have pictures from different points of view. We were very happy with the quality of service and of the pictures. We would definitely use them again in the future for other photo shoots! Thanks Andrew and Alicia!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Jonathan · Married on 01/19/2014

We hired Andrew and Alicia to shoot our January wedding in Phoenixville as well as an engagement shoot for us at Longwood Gardens last fall. Working with Andrew and Alicia during throughout the whole process and during the shoots was a pleasure to say the least. Walking around in public while two photographers follow you around can be awkward but they both did a great job making us feel comfortable and directing us. Having two photographers working so closely together and sharing a creative vision really sets them apart from the other photographers we considered. My wife and I, as well as both our families were beyond impressed with their professionalism, organization and creativity before, during and after the wedding. They did an amazing job capturing the emotion and all the special moments of the day, which I imagine was no small feat considering our wedding had over 250 guests. Once we looked through all the pictures we were convinced that hiring Andrew and Alicia was the perfect decision. All our pictures were amazing. Their attention to detail, technical abilities and creative vision really shines through in all the shots. They were great to work with but also got us our pictures quickly, though we didn't order any albums so that probably helped expedite the process. They gave us all the raw images on a disk too which is very nice; they didn't make us pay for digital versions of every picture. Andrew and Alicia really treated us as friends throughout the whole process so we are happy to recommend them to all our friends looking for great photography! You will be happy you did!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Love love love our wedding photos! Andrew and Alicia were a perfect team. They listened to what we wanted, and they captured so many fantastic candid shots. We've gotten tons of compliments on the photos, and both my husband and I can't stop looking at them. :) We genuinely had a great time hanging out with Andrew and Alicia on our wedding day too!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Kathleen · Married on 12/29/2012

Andrew and Alicia were an amazing team and I can't say enough good things about their wonderful work! I got married in December and we ended up having 8 inches of snow that day and Andrew & Alicia were able to get amazing pictures! They also chipped in and helped drive the bridal party to and from the church since our limo couldn't get up the hill! I never felt overwhelmed with taking pictures and I definitely got all the ones I wanted. I think it was so great that they took so many candid shots - after the formal pictures at the church and reception, they did an amazing job of taking candid reception pictures. We had 4 DVDs full of awesome pictures to help us relive the reception from start to finish. I highly recommend Andrew and Alicia - we couldn't be happier with our wedding pictures!

Sent on 03/20/2013