Photos by AJohnson Reviews

50 Reviews for Photos by AJohnson

50 Photos by AJohnson Reviews
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Miller · Married on 11/03/2018

I love Andrew and Alicia!!!

My fiancé and I were on the market for a photographer and were all ready to book one in particular until we saw Andrew and Alicia’s work on a friend’s wedding. I was BLOWN away by their photography and knew we needed to have them. I think the beauty of them besides their years of experience especially with weddings is that they are a husband/wife duo and have that very special perspective. It’s hard to put into words just how amazing they really are but they were always available to chat, had incredible ideas and were always on board with everything especially with our engagement photos. Every single picture they took just got better and better and you really couldn’t pick just one. They are extremely professional and so thorough and honestly feel more like family after all of this! That’s how down-to-earth, accommodating and kind they are! They also really know how to keep things moving especially when it came to our schedule for the day! Thank you Andrew and Alicia! We love you!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful Photographers and People! Highly Recommended!!!

Andrew and Alicia Johnson were absolutely Fantastic to work with from the quote process and going forward. They are both extremely nice and affable; which definitely put my now husband and I at ease. They were proactive to get an idea of what we as the couple were expecting or wanting months prior to our wedding so that we all had a common vision. They also encouraged us to let them know of any specific type of pictures we wanted (i.e. poses or pictures seen on Pinterest or social media) and any group pictures with our bridal party, family, etc.
    We basically gave them free reign to direct us for pictures and coordinate the shots as they are the professionals. They helped us work around a passing shower to do pictures inside, made sure we got pictures at sunset, and helped us wrangle some intoxicated guests that were trying to photo bomb. They made sure we got all of the group shots we requested and more!
    We already have our preview on their website and social media, which they posted within the week of the wedding (ahead of the contract timeline), and we love them all! We are beyond excited to see the rest because we know they are also going to be incredibly beautiful. We cannot express enough how much we recommend Photos by AJohnson! 20 stars!

Photos by AJohnson 1
    Photos by AJohnson 2
    Photos by AJohnson 3
    Photos by AJohnson 4
    Photos by AJohnson 5
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/06/2018

Fabulous! Highly Recommend!

You NEED to hire Andrew and Alicia for your wedding!! Hundreds of beautiful pictures of our wedding. They are both so nice and made myself and all of our friends and family feel so comfortable throughout the day. They are fun to work with and respond quickly to any requests or questions. They got our photos back quickly for both our engagement session and the wedding photos. It was so nice to have photographers that were fun to be around and that you could trust to provide quality work! Highly recommend!!

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing! Easy to work with & Reliable

We could not have been more pleased with choosing Andrew & Alicia to photograph our wedding. They were by far the best vendor we worked with - not only were their photos absolutely gorgeous, but they were so easy to reach and communicate with before, during, and after the wedding! They were open to any specific photos we wanted (and had great suggestions for standard portraits as well as venue specific photos) and were awesome about capturing the little details and candid moments of the day. They both went (WAY) above and beyond on our day helping make things run smoothly and keeping us sane at the same time - for which we are so grateful. Overall, Andrew & Alicia were a friendly, awesome couple who took amazing photos and we wouldn't have changed a thing!

• Jessica

Jessica Ciampi · Married on 08/04/2018

Perfect Balance of Professional and Easy Going

After a searching for wedding photographers for weeks and weeks on end - browsing Facebook profiles, viewing online portfolios, sending messages, making phone calls, and requesting information from every photographer under the sun - I am SO glad we came across Andrew and Alicia from Photos by AJohnson! We honestly could not have asked for better individuals to capture our wedding day!

From our very first inquiry about photography packages to our engagement session to the wedding day to the delivery of the edited prints, Andrew and Alicia were on top of their game! Communication with them was effortless, and they were always prompt in answering any of our questions! They truly are the perfect balance of professional and easy going. :) They carefully listened to our requests and made suggestions based on our vision of the day. Their genuine demeanor made everyone in our bridal party, ourselves included, feel so comfortable and at ease! You would swear you've known them for years!

After the wedding, Andrew and Alicia posted a sneak peak photo within hours of our reception. The shot was beautiful! We were so eager to see more, so we could share them with our friends and family. Within a week, they shared over 50 pictures as our preview on Facebook! FIFTY! We were beyond ecstatic! We were on our honeymoon when the photos were posted, and it was great to reflect back on the day!

You cannot go wrong with booking Photos by AJohnson. Andrew and Alicia are incredible, and I foresee them being a part of our lives for many, many years to come. :)

Photos by AJohnson 6
    Photos by AJohnson 11
    Photos by AJohnson 12
    Photos by AJohnson 13

Rachael · Married on 06/09/2018

Andrew and Alicia are amazing at what they do, not to mention incredible people as well. From the engagement photos to the wedding day they were so easy to work with and did a fantastic job! They made our wedding day so special and took such great pride in their work. There’s no other people we would ever want to be involved in our special day or any other event than Andrew and Alicia. Thank you so much for the wonderful memories and we were so happy that you were part of our special day!

N. · Married on 05/12/2018

Andrew and Alicia are incredible - not only as photographers, but they are the sweetest couple!!! Finding the right photographers was most important detail for our wedding and we could not be happier with our decisions to hire them! Despite the fact that the weather didn't cooperate exactly as we had planned, they went above and beyond our expectations, made us feel comfortable, and put our minds at ease. They were so flexible and easy to work throughout the whole process. We couldn't be happier with all our beautiful photos and wouldn't have chose any other dream team to work with!

Lindsay · Married on 12/31/2017

Andrew and Alicia went above and beyond to capture every moment of our New Year’s Eve reception. The pictures came out better than we ever could’ve imagined!

Photos by AJohnson 14

PT · Married on 11/18/2017

Andrew and Alicia did an absolutely amazing job shooting our wedding!

Their creativity and technical ability is second to none. We choose to do some of our photography before the ceremony and ended up running around downtown San Francisco on a beautiful Saturday afternoon to several popular tourist spots. They did an amazing job of framing and timing shots so that we looked like we had the entire place to ourselves when in reality there were tourists everywhere. Having two experienced photographers for the ceremony and reception was brilliant. We have so many great photos of all the key moments of the ceremony and reception shot from very different perspectives. Andrew and Alicia coordinated their shots and worked together flawlessly. They managed to capture our personalities perfectly as well as the overall vibe of the party all while being practically invisible. If it wasn't for the hundreds of amazing photos from the night I wouldn't be sure they were even there. Everyone that has seen the pictures has been completely blown away buy the quality and creativity.

I can't recommend them enough!!

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2017

I can not say enough good things about Photos by AJohnson. Alicia & Andrew are both fabulous & made the whole process easy, and smooth, but mostly fun! We will definitely be using them in the future for any thing we need captures & recommending them to everyone in need of photographers. When we got engaged and started looking for a photographer it seemed like it was the biggest decision of the wedding planning, I mean this is what we will have forever to remember our wedding day! But after seeing their work we had complete faith in them & booked our engagement pictures quickly. Alicia & Andrew were both professional, timely, friendly and just altogether helpful, the fact that we got two photographers was just the icing on the cake! When it came to finding the perfect place they had more than a few absoluetly wonderful recommendations. As people that have never really gotten pictures taken before they made us feel comfortable & just made it a really fun day! Our engagement pictures were beautiful & we received all of them almost immediately! Once the wedding day started approaching they helped with our timeline and kept in touch through the whole process to make sure we were prepared for the big day! When our wedding day came it seemed totally stress free considering that each one of them could spend time capturing each one of us (the bride & the groom). The girls & I had so much fun shooting with Alicia, and from the pictures I think I can say the guys did too! :) Since we decided not to do a first look prior to walking down the isle, I was really worried that we would be pulled away from friends & family too long for pictures. Alicia & Andrew didn't waste time, they knew what group shots to get & banged them out, we hardly noticed we were away from the "party". Through the end of the night they took so many pictures of us dancing, laughing, and just having a good time. I am so glad we found Photos by AJohnson & will have their pictures to remember our wedding day!

Maddy · Married on 09/03/2017

Andrew and Alicia were the perfect photographers for our wedding! It is hard to put into a review how thankful we are for their work. We did an engagement shoot to start, during which they were very flexible and easy to work with. They had great suggestions and took very creative photos in addition to classic photos. We were so excited to spend our wedding day with them because they are such genuinely nice people and we knew we'd have so much fun with them on our wedding day. They were so professional and helpful all day and listened to every suggestion we had while using their talent to create amazing shots. So many of our guests have commented that our photos are the best they had ever seen and we couldn't agree more. We were referred to Andrew and Alicia by a family member and are so happy that we found them and couldn't have asked for a better overall experience.

Casey · Married on 08/12/2017

Photoshopped by AJohnson was absolutely amazing from start to finish!!! We hired them to do our engagement photos and to capture our wedding day and are so glad we did! We thought our engagement pictures might be a little awkward since we never got professional pictures taken before but Andrew and Alicia made it fun and the pictures turned out wonderful so we knew our wedding pictures were going to be great! When our wedding day came, Andrew and Alicia spent 10 hours with us to capture so many memories of the day from getting ready, to our first look, to group shots, to our ceremony and then all of our reception festivities! Not only did the photos turn out great but Andrew and Alicia are just wonderful people to share your special day with!! Many of our guests and people in the wedding party made comments that they loved our photographers! They also provided our photo preview about 10 days after our wedding with so many highlights of the day and then we received the USB with all of our wonderful photos a couple weeks after that! Don’t look any further than Photos by AJohnson for your photography needs!!

Gina · Married on 07/15/2017

When choosing the photographers for our wedding Erik and I knew we hit the jackpot when we were given the contact information for Andrew and Alicia by a friend (Melissa Osika). From the moment we began working together we clicked with Andrew and Alicia. They are so accommodating and flexible that it's hard not to click with them! It was like having friends we knew forever. They always made sure to listen to what we wanted for photos, but they also had such a keen eye for photography we really didn't have to say much!!! Not to mention they are the cutest couple themselves. :) Andrew and Alicia captured the best balance in set photos verses candid photos. They were quick to respond to emails, and phone calls. They captured the love Erik and I share perfectly. We will be sure to use Andrew and Alicia for our future milestones. Thank you Andrew and Alicia!!!

J · Married on 07/08/2017

I love that there was two people taking the pictures. They went above and beyond to take the best pictures. Very happy with the results!! Can't wait to make my album.

Ariel · Married on 07/02/2017

Andrew and Alicia are absolutely amazing. I got married July 2nd of this year and to this day wedding guest still talk about my photographers as much as my dress. They are more than great at their job but their personalities are the icing on the wedding cake. I planned and decorated everything myself. My husband and I were on a budget and we agreed to do what we could to keep things simple but to go all out on three things: my dress, the honeymoon, and photography/videography. They shot our engagement photos and our wedding and if I could, I would have taken them to Mexico to catch our honeymoon. By the way do you know they are married?....That makes it even more perfect. A husband and wife photography team shooting weddings!!...How cute is that. I was on edge the day of the wedding what if this and what if that but Alicia was like my personal therapist and I am so grateful for her and her soothing and calming but spunky when I need it demeanor. I could go on and on about them and it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I am a lifetime customer and really a fan of their work and just them in general. Guess who is going to be my pregnancy photos and family photos?!?!

Photos by AJohnson 15
    Photos by AJohnson 16

Katie · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I were so impressed with Andrew & Alicia! They made us feel comfortable from the very beginning and they made the entire process so easy. On top of all that they took so many AMAZING photos!! They are absolutely gorgeous. They have a great eye for the right shot. Everyone at the wedding had great things to say about them. The icing on the cake was how quickly we received a preview of our photos (within a week) and then all of our photos arrived a couple weeks after that. We couldn't be happier! Thank you Andrew & Alicia!!

• User6191067 · 1+ year ago

They shot our engagement photos last weekend and did a beautiful job. We could not be happier with how they turned out!! We loved working with Alicia and Andrew. They kept us laughing the whole time. We were nervous because neither of us are comfortable in front of the camera, but they immediately made us feel at ease. They are so creative and found shots/angles that I wouldn't have even though of! THANK YOU!!!!

Jay · Married on 05/06/2017

Alicia and Andrew were fantastic to work with! Our wedding day provided some unique situations given the weather and a minimal amount of indoor space. As we changed our plans to a first look to squeeze in some outdoor photos, Alicia and Andrew were right there leading the way. Every picture turned out amazingly as they improvised using indoor and outdoor space, with a little rearranging of furniture and some acrobatics to get the best shots possible. They kept everyone smiling, were fun, easy going, and extremely professional. We enthusiastically recommend them to all of my friends who may be getting married or engaged soon, and do likewise for anyone reading. They helped make the happiest day of our lives l a perfect one.

Tony · Married on 01/01/2017

My wife and I decided that we wanted to make our wedding the Party of the year. So we chose to get married on New Years Eve. We needed photographers that were going to really capture our day, our spirit, our love and most of all our party! The Johnsons were the best. The first time we met our photographers we knew instantly that they were our choice. They made us feel more comfortable than we could have ever imagined. Their capability and ability to capture the best moments of the best day of our lives was unbelievable.

Laura · Married on 09/17/2016

I would give Andrew and Alice 5 million stars if it were possible. They are AMAZING. They just were our photographers for our wedding on 9/17/16 and we couldn't be happier. We got married at the Hotel Bethlehem and even though they had never done a wedding there they showed up knowing all the best spots to take pictures. They were so professional and easy to work with- they came having great photo ideas in mind but were also willing to take some of the silly/quirky/"nontraditional" wedding pictures we wanted. Since the photographers end up being the people you spend the most time with on your wedding day, definitely go with these two!

• I

Ioanna · Married on 07/03/2016

Alicia and Andrew were such a pleasure to work with for our wedding photography. On the day of our wedding, they were ready and eager to capture all of our special moments. They were so easy and fun to work with. They responded swiftly to our emails and were able to turn around our wedding photos to us in a short time frame. We totally give them a two thumbs up!

Cara · Married on 04/09/2016

We were so fortunate to have seen Alicia and Andrew "in action" at my brother-in-law's wedding a year prior to ours. Having witnessed firsthand how professional they were and the quality of their photography, we knew we didn't need to look any further.

A few details that show how great they are - 1) We met with them a month or so before the wedding to scope out the venue, so we could make any special requests, and they could get a sense of the location. 2) On the day of the wedding, we couldn't get into the venue until later than we wanted - so they quickly came up with several creative shots right at the hotel. They were so accommodating and quick on their feet. It made both of us feel so calm despite the change in plans last minute. Plus, some of the hotel shots are our very favorite! 3) Before we even got back from our honeymoon, they already shared 60 or so of the photographs, so we could get a taste of what was to come! It was such a nice surprise. We had so many compliments on the quality of the photos.

Last but not least, Alicia and Andrew are just delightful people! You'll feel at ease and comfortable right from the start.

Erin · Married on 12/31/2015

Andrew and Alicia are nothing but amazing and I would (and have) recommended them to anyone getting married. Not only are they amazing photographers, but also really fun people that are fun to spend a large portion of your big day with. A & A are talented, punctual, responsive, and at times even act as wedding planners helping to keep the day on schedule. Their pictures captured our day so perfectly and we will treasure them forever.

Annalisa · Married on 11/07/2015

I am so happy we went with Alicia and Andrew as our wedding photographers! We found them through our friends, who used them for their wedding as well. They met us halfway between Baltimore and Wilmington for our consultation and made us feel so at ease. Throughout the planning process we had constant communication via email and phone to go over details and they answered every question that popped into my head.

They are fun, outgoing, very creative and so down-to-earth. During the day of our wedding they were full of ideas; I didn't really have specific poses that I wanted to do, just picked the locations and they seriously took care of the rest. They gave us a sneak peak of our wedding photos two weeks after and they were spectacular. The turn around for all the photos was definitely faster than I expected. You can tell they love what they do and my new husband and I absolutely loved working with them. Give them a call, you won't regret it.

- A & D

Geneva · Married on 10/24/2015

Andrew and Alicia are amazing photographers! Our wedding photos turned out perfect. They are very professional, fun, and easy to work with. They have great ideas and captured awesome shots. They are reliable and easy to get in contact with. I would highly recommend hiring this team! You will not be disappointed!