Photography by Larson Reviews

88 | Sarasota, FL

88 Reviews for Photography by Larson

Paula Gilman · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Simply the best

Photography by Larson left our daughter's special day with a lifetime of beautiful pictures that we will always treasure. Every attention to detail, every moment captured, every thought put into our special day was flawless. The quality of this couple and their professionalism when we started to run late with our schedule was so appreciateted as they were able to work to make sure every picture was taken without adding tension. That was a gift! They were truly a blessing to our family. Thank you Verlyn and Kathleen!

Sent on 11/19/2020
  • Janelle

Janelle Valis Becker · Married on 11/11/2020

Verlyn was so fun to work with (:

Our formal ceremony was delayed by hurricane Eta... Anna Maria Island flooded and so afterwards on Friday the 13th, Verlyn came out with all his cool photography tools and with the help of my brother tossing my veil out into the wind on the beach, we got some awesome, dramatic shots! He also photoshopped out some hard-to-get stuff from the pictures, which I didn't expect. It was just a small family gathering due to the pandemic but he got our group shot with all the masks, some emotional ceremony photos and the best part was that I got to download all the photos and not have to choose like a dozen or something. I love that- getting to keep all our memories and go over them. He was a talented, relaxed guy to work with. We had a great time and never felt rushed or pressured; we had fun with it and I'm glad my parents picked him as our photographer. (:

Sent on 11/22/2020

Brian · Married on 11/03/2020

Fantastic experience with Verlyn and Kathleen

We had a fantastic experience with Verlyn and Kathleen as our wedding photographers. They take amazing photos - both of them have very skillful eyes for framing, light, and composition. Our "teaser" photos came out quickly and were stunning - we loved that they provided a few of the best photos just a couple of days after the wedding, with the balance of them coming later in a very nice box with a DVD containing the rest of the photos. Another thing that gets overlooked - if you're looking at several photographers and they have about the same skill level and price consider this - Photography by Larson made our wedding day easier and less stressful with their excellent communication throughout the process and on the day of the wedding. They strive to show up early and were prepared and on time to our wedding. They were open to suggestions for poses, they had every pose we wanted printed out and they made sure we get all of them, in addition to framing their own shots and having lots of suggestions. They are professional and no drama. My wife and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Thank you Verlyn and Kathleen!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Christina

Christina Lubin · Married on 12/01/2019

Amazing!!!!

So far, we have been extremely impressed with Photography by Larson!! Our engagement session was a great experience and also an added bonus with our package!!! Communication has been top notch and welcome any suggestions that come our way! We’re so looking forward to them capturing the best moments on our wedding day!!!! You won’t be disappointed!!! Highly recommended by a friend of ours!!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2019

The photos were absolutely gorgeous

We did both engagement photos and wedding photos and they were perfect. Everything was sent to us in a timely manner. Kathleen and Verlyn were very professional and helped us make our day perfect.

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Lauri

Lauri · Married on 10/12/2019

Friendly and Professional!

The Larsons were recommended to me by my caterer and they were amazing. From the first email exchange to the final picture taken at the reception, both Verlyn and Kathleen were friendly, informative, funny, professional, and just so easy to work with. It felt like we were friends from the start. I didn't want to do a ton of posed shots and they totally respected my vision. Our ceremony and reception were at the Mote Marine Aquarium and they knew the best places to take photos, especially the sunset ones. Every shot came out perfectly. I would highly recommend Photography by Larson!

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Lynch · Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful wedding photos!

Verlyn and Kathy were wonderful! They did a great job capturing our wedding day. Even with a storm during the ceremony and power outage during our reception you would never know it from the beautiful, creative photos they took. We had professional photos emailed to us by the next morning and the final photos 3 days later. We highly recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Jessy

Jessy Jessy · Married on 05/25/2019

The wedding pictures were beautiful.

Verlyn and his wife were so nice. They were so good with my kids. I am from out of state and they made me feel so comfortable. They are truly a blessing. Thanks for making my big day so special!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

Best Photographers EVER!!!

The photos were amazing! And we could not believe how quickly we got our photos back. We received a preview with about 25 photos at like 7 am the day after our wedding and it wasn't more than 3 weeks before we got the rest of our photos back. We could not be happier with the quality of our photos, or with the service we received.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Chaye · Married on 03/03/2019

Photos for days

Working with Verlyn and Kathleen was a blessing. I didn’t have any clue what I wanted, but they were there throughout the process, along with my sister-in-law who helped a lot with making sure we got photos of everyone. Our photos came back better than expected and we are excited to share with family and friends!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 12/30/2018

beautiful photos. great to work with

We are so happy with our pictures! The Larson's are a great team! Super flexible, well priced (and will release images for you to print on your own), efficient, and extremely easy to work with. I highly recommend you ask for recent wedding photos to look at. I love ours so much more than any featured on their website. It is also great that they come together without any extra cost so they can divide and concur as everyone gets ready. Verlyn is very relaxed and will work with whatever timeline you have and will capture as much or as little as you want and Kathleen is great at grabbing you for a few quick shots when you have down time during the day. I have been to weddings where we needed to be ready several hours early just for photos. We captured great first look, immediate family and wedding party photos in less than an hour... which is about all I had patience for. We also got a few great sunset shots for about 10 minutes during cocktail hour. Great mix of portrait, formal, candid, dance floor and lots of ceremony pictures along with some special guest photos during the night! Thank you for exceeding our expectations, we can't wait print for our family and friends!

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • John

John Feldman · Married on 11/23/2018

Photo's With a SMILE

The Larsons are an amazing team. When we met Verlyn, we knew we had the right guy for our wedding. Amazing Pictures, amazing Day, Thanks so Much

Sent on 02/18/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding Coverage

We hired Photography by Larson for our wedding Oct 13 2018. No regrets, they fully covered our wedding. I mean covered--we have plenty of beautiful photos to remember all aspects of our special day. Verlyn was very flexible with us planning our phone chats & engagement sessions. As for the wedding day--the couple showed up on time and ready to go. Big thanks to them for rolling with the punches by handling various family members or friends who wanted photos. Weddings can be stressful, but Verlyn & Kathy guided us and helped make our day peaceful.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful experience with Verlyn and Karen Larson! They were thorough with questions before the event and made sure we got all the photos we wanted or needed before, during and after the ceremony and reception. They showed up on time and were true professionals. Even checked in with us about 15 minutes prior to their time ending to make sure there wasn't a shot we wanted that had been missed. They were very reasonably priced for two photographers and we would highly recommend them. The best part was waking up to a handful of photos that were emailed to me early on Sunday morning. And we had the final file of all the photos by Wednesday. I can't say enough good things about our experience! Thank you Verlyn and Karen for capturing our wedding day for us!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2018

Highly recommend! Photography by Larson takes beautiful pictures and has the fastest turnaround time. We couldn’t be happier with our pictures or experience.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Deb · Married on 05/05/2018

Our beach wedding experience was challenging with the windy conditions. We are pleased that Verlyn and Kathleen were able to get some nice shots at the beach, off the beach, with our vintage car and at the reception. They are very pleasant and accommodating!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

We had the Larson's take care of the photography for our wedding at The Waverly a couple of weeks ago. They came highly recommended by Frank at The Waverly and we now know why. From our first correspondence until now, Verlyn and Kathleen have been wonderful, we really cannot say enough about their service and professionalism. We wish there were more than 5 stars to give them. The both were very accommodating and made sure we got every photo we wanted. They truly went above and beyond with everything they did. We just received the final round of pictures and they came out better than we hoped. We HIGHLY recommend Verlyn and Kathleen; you cannot go wrong with hiring them for your special occasion!!!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Tom · Married on 04/06/2018

best photographers you could ask for. great ideas as well as fantastic ability to turn the pictures around so quickly. Nicest couple you could want to work with.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 01/26/2018

I really enjoyed this husband and wife team! I feel like they captured every moment of my wedding day in GORGEOUS pictures! The turn around was LESS than a week and I loved that they sent a few preview pictures the morning after the wedding. If you're on the fence, allow me to help, you will not regret hiring them!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Shane · Married on 11/25/2017

Verlyn & Kathleen did a fantastic job photographing our wedding! I would highly recommend to anyone who isn’t 100% sure what to look for in a wedding photographer. They were on time, worked well with the entire family, and the photographs came out amazingly! Very reasonable priced as well. We had no worries with them and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/22/2018

Cheryl · Married on 11/18/2017

Verlyn & Kathleen were fantastic! We took photos ahead of time so that we could enjoy our cocktail hour with our guests. Verlyn and Kathleen made the picture taking portion of the day fun. We loved waking up to an email with a preview of our photos to share with our friends and family. Can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Elia · Married on 11/05/2017

We hired Photography by Larson for our intimate Catholic wedding at St. Martha's Church in Sarasota this past November. Despite contacting Larson only a few weeks before our wedding date, he gladly accommodated our last minute request. He was professional, organized and even sent us sneak peeks that afternoon. The quality of the portraits and candid shots exceeded our expectations and were so excited to share the entire gallery with our family and friends.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Sabrina · Married on 10/21/2017

Verlyn and Kathleen were a pleasure to work with! When looking for a photographer, I wanted someone extraordinary with an artistic eye. These two have it and they are the sweetest people to work with. We truly enjoyed having them there to photograph our special day. And their pictures are phenomenal!!! I would recommend them for any special event that you may need professional photographs for!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Photography by Larson was absolutely amazing. Verlyn is so nice to work with and produced the most beautiful pictures on my wedding day. He exceeded all of my expectations. I highly recommend for weddings and other occasions. Can't say enough. So pleased!!!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Suzanne · Married on 08/24/2017

Our experience with Photography by Larson went beyond all of our expectations. Verlyn made us feel completely relaxed. I wanted some beautiful and classic shots along with fun an flirty, and that is exactly what we got! I felt comfortable offering up some ideas that we had in mind for photos, in fact, I was encouraged to do so. We felt right at home posing for the classic shots, and the fun ones too! We were worried about the weather as Tropical Storm Irma was coming to town. Verlyn made the pictures magical. He is so talented and works wonders with his cameras. All I needed to do was give him an idea of what we had in mind and he made it happen, and then some! Perfection.

Sent on 09/24/2017