Phipps Conservatory Reviews

Phipps Conservatory 7
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Stoner · Married on 06/07/2019

Beautiful and Affordable Spot for Intimate Wedding

We rented the Broderie room for 90 minutes for our intimate wedding ceremony. It was beautiful and affordable! Our coordinator Sahara was helpful and responsive. I really couldn't believe that one of the top wedding venues in the country could be within our small budget.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Phipps Conservatory 11
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 05/26/2019

Broderie Room - Ceremony Only

Phipps was a phenomenal location to have our ceremony! It is absolutely beautiful all on it's own. Caroline, our coordinator, was wonderful to work with! She was so helpful and insightful and answered all of our endless questions.

Sent on 06/01/2019
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 05/05/2019

Flawlessly beautiful and elegant... with great service!

Phipps Conservatory was the best choice we could have made. The venue is gorgeous and elegant and made for the perfect setting for our special day. The prices were on par with other vendors (like country clubs), so the choice was easy for us! Our guests were in awe at the beauty of the Broderie Room and the food was also delicious. We got a harpist and it made the Broderie Room even more elegant (Stephanie Miller of Music for Life of Pittsburgh. We also highly recommend her, as she is extremely talented and really great to work with!)
    Caroline was our wedding planner at Phipps and she made everything go flawlessly. We are so thankful for her help during the planning and the actual wedding. We will have perfect memories of our special day because of this venue and their staff.

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Phipps Conservatory 12
    Phipps Conservatory 13

Allyson · Married on 10/04/2018

The whole events crew was very accommodating and answered our questions every set of the way. We had such a beautiful, memorable ceremony!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Phipps Conservatory 14
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

9/22/18 Wedding

I truly cannot say enough good things about this venue or the staff. Phipps had been my dream wedding venue since I was a little girl, so I'm sure my expectations were exceptionally high...and they absolutely nailed it. I wish I could have a Phipps wedding every weekend!
    My husband and I had both our ceremony (Outdoor Garden) and reception (Tropical Rainforest and Special Events Hall) there and mostly worked with David Swank and Allanah Ebenstein who were both PHENOMENAL! We truly feel like they are family after going through the whole experience. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself, but everything else was top notch, as well! Allanah made sure the day flowed perfectly and was at my beckon call whenever I needed her. She and David were always so quick to respond to texts, phone calls, e-mails, you name it, whenever we had a question or concern. They both went above and beyond to ensure everything was flawless throughout the whole planning process. Seriously, no details were missed...from the way I wanted the plates angled, to the way I wanted the linen colors staggered on the cocktail tables, to the way I wanted the votives placed. Even the cookie table was more beautiful than I ever expected. And the food...omg the food! The hors d'oeuvres were just as delicious as the dinner selections! People are still talking about how great our food was!
    Our wedding at Phipps completely exceeded all of our expectations in every way. Our guests tell us all the time that ours was the best wedding they'd ever attended...and that is all thanks to the venue we chose and their fabulous staff!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Phipps Conservatory 15
    Phipps Conservatory 16
    Phipps Conservatory 17
    Phipps Conservatory 18

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2018

The Phipp’s staff was exceptional! Very easy to work with, knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • User7418017 · Recently married

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Outdoor Garden at Phipps and it surpassed everything I could have dreamed of. The setting is just breathtaking and the staff was very responsive to communication questions - included setup, decoration, catering, bar, and general question. The food was phenomenal. Everyone says the bride doesn't eat at her wedding, but my husband and I made sure to not miss our meals - it was that good! I got married weeks ago and my guests are still raving about how beautiful the wedding was and how smoothly it ran. If I had to do it again, I would definitely pick the same venue!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Victoria · Married on 07/21/2018

This venue is gorgeous (we had the outside garden, but you cant go wrong anywhere here) and the team is awesome! We worked with Katelyn and she thought of absolutely everything. She was so helpful all year when I would email her even the simplest questions.

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Phipps Conservatory 19

Amanda · Married on 04/03/2018

We held our ceremony at Phipps and the team there was great. Julie was so helpful. She thought of everything, from adding a microphone and sound system so make sure our guests could hear us to making sure we had a table for our handfasting cord. And she coordinated with our string quartet on the day of our ceremony to make sure everything went smoothly. And the flowers were amazing. It is a truly beautiful venue.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Julie and David made our special day hassle free and so enjoyable! We didn't have to worry about a single thing, the decor was beautiful, and the food was delicious!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Phipps Conservatory 20

Elizabeth · Married on 10/07/2017

After a rocky start - I was working with 2 others before Katelyn came onboard. She and David were both great. I would definitely recommend using Phipps for a wedding - every went exceptionally well.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Jan · Married on 07/22/2017

Planning a Pittsburgh wedding from Brooklyn seemed like it would be full of frustrations, but working with Dave and Katelyn made for a seamless celebration! They created a tight timeline that kept everyone [bride & groom, minister, rabbi, guests, musicians, Phipps staff] on the same page. Then they scrambled like crazy behind the scenes to make sure every detail was orchestrated, and that nothing was overlooked. [Sadly, I missed my special dance with my husband because I was just "living in the moment" with old friends.]
    Dave and Katelyn graciously accommodated a few special requests we made, plus several last-minute changes.
    The Phipps Conservatory in July provided a lush beauty that needs pictures to describe adequately. Even the pouring rain that morning couldn’t diminish the magic of the setting. Walking through the rain forest to the reception hall made a huge impact on guests, from the many comments we have received. The New York Botanical Gardens could not have matched this lovely experience!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Loved everything!!! Everyone was very helpful and fast response!!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Nina · Married on 10/16/2016

I will never run out of fabulous things to say about this venue. Phipps was my number one choice for sentimental reasons, so that part was easy. The fact that they ended up being so out of this world accommodating and incredible to work with was a huge bonus!!!! My husband and I are both professional musicians - so we wanted something different. Phipps is unique, aesthetically beautiful, but still completely functional and fairly priced. Their in house catering is fantastic, I received SO many compliments on the food and the wait staff was incredible. I did not have a wedding planner, so I worked one on one with their events team starting with Rachel, who moved out of town, and then was assigned to Nina. They were both amazing, and did not miss even the smallest detail despite how busy they are and how many events they have to manage. Our wedding night was absolute magic in every way, and so much of it was because of this setting. We love Phipps and everything they stand for, and would recommend them to anyone planning an event, big or small.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens was the perfect place for our ceremony. The staff was extremely helpful, cooperative, and responsive. It was perfect that they have a special room for the bride to get ready away from the outdoor garden. Our wedding photos look beautiful with the garden in the background!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/29/2015

Phipps Conservatory was such a beautiful place to have our wedding. It couldn't have been more perfect. The staff made us feel that they had everything taken care of and they were on top of it. You are in good hands if you have your event here. They were the professional wedding coordinator that I didn't have otherwise. They answered all my questions and walked us through everything for the day of and they made the day just absolutely perfect. They let us bring our things in the evening before for the rehearsal and they set everything up for us so we didn't have to do a thing. I couldn't have asked for anything more wonderful. They certainly made the difference in how comfortable and unstressed I was for the day of. We couldn't quite afford to have our reception at Phipps, although I've been to one there and is just as equally gorgeous, but having our ceremony there was completely reasonably priced. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/23/2015

We had our ceremony at the Broderie Room at Phipps Conservatory and it could not have been more perfect. The coordinator, Ashley, was excellent to work with and she was very helpful during the event. I have always wanted to get married at this venue and it was truly a dream come true to get married here. It is such a beautiful place. We had our reception at a separate place since it can be pretty costly to do both ceremony and the reception at Phipps. If we had the money, we would have liked to have had our reception here as well. This venue is highly recommended!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Phipps Conservatory's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words. We are so honored to be a part of this day that you will remember forever. All the best to you!

Beth · Married on 04/11/2015

When we had to find a new ceremony venue 8 months before our wedding, Phipp's was one of the few options we had and it could not have turned out to be more perfect that we had to change venues! It was truly a blessing in disguise! Phipps was so quick to respond and the women that I worked with while planning our ceremony were so incredibly helpful that I was blown away. When we showed up to our rehearsal the day before I was astonished at how organized they both were and how involved they were in getting everyone in their places and running the show. I wasn't expecting all of that. I thought we would show up, they'd let us into the Special Events Hall, and it would be up to us and our officiant to run things. I brought a CD for our ceremony music and someone even conducted the music for us and they did an awesome job! They were even more helpful the day of the wedding. When we showed up the florist hadn't come back yet with our bouquets and the women contacted our florist to find out when they were arriving. They made everything stress free and it was truly a pleasure working with them. Everyone already knows how beautiful Phipps is if you've been there... and spring was an absolutely beautiful time to have our wedding at Phipps. The spring flower show was spectacular and everyone was in awe walking around the observatory. It was so amazing having our wedding ceremony at Phipps and we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/05/2015

My wedding at Phipps Conservatory was absolutely beautiful!! All of the staff was very nice and helpful. I didn't have to worry about anything it was very stress free. I was highly recommend this to anyone was a wedding venue!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/25/2014

We had our wedding ceremony at Phipps Conservatory in the Outdoor Garden and it was BEAUTIFUL! The event team at Phipps were great -- very responsive and professional -- and they made our day magical and memorable! We highly recommend Phipps Conservatory for your upcoming wedding!!

Sent on 11/26/2014

My wife and I chose Phipps Conservatory as our wedding venue. We both weren't sure if we wanted to have our wedding in a church so we decided on the next best thing, an outdoor wedding surrounded by beautiful flowers. Phipps Conservatory was the right decision.

Phipps was very easy to work with and they were very friendly. The venue itself was beautiful. We chose the outdoor garden for our venue and we were fortunate to have a nice fall-like day for our wedding. If you are considering Phipps and are concerned about the weather, don't worry. Phipps has a really good Plan B for an outdoor wedding by using large white tents that I think would work well if it did rain.

The only concern would be that you might not be able to take any photos inside of Phipps if you choose this option. That being said, the scenery outside is nice enough for wedding photos. It offers some good shots.

Overall, we were very pleased with Phipps and we would most certainly have our wedding there again if we had to. We both recommend Phipps and hope this review makes your decision easier.

Sent on 09/26/2014

LOVED having my wedding ceremony at Phipps! I worked with several different staff members and they were all very nice and professional!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/25/2014

Having our wedding at Phipps on 7/25/2014 was a dream come true, it was more than I could have ever imagined it to be!! We had our ceremony and cocktail hour in the Outdoor Garden and our reception in the Special Events Hall, both spaces looked amazing. Our guests are still commenting on how beautiful everything was and how they loved the entire atmosphere of our wedding. Our guests loved the food too!! Our wedding day went exactly as I hoped it would, the staff set everything up as I wanted and throughout the entire day the staff was very helpful and accommodating not only to us but to our guests as well! I know our wedding day went so smoothly because of our amazing coordinators Rachel, Courtney & Colleen; they were so organized and helpful it made the months of planning easy. Phipps helped to create memories that will last a lifetime for us and our friends & family; it was the perfect way for my husband & I to start our life together!! I can’t wait to visit Phipps in the future to relive our beautiful wedding day!!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Everyone at Phipps worked together to make my wedding absolutely perfect. Everything went exactly how I imagined it would.

Sent on 07/20/2014