Phil's Catering Reviews

54 | Atascadero, CA

54 Reviews for Phil's Catering

Brandy · Married on 09/15/2018

We got SO MANY compliments from guests about Phils! We chose them after having a great experience as guests at another wedding and we are so glad we did! The food was delicious, even our pickiest eaters complimented everything! Shelly was so sweet and attentive; they brought appetizers and water up a huge hill to our wedding party who were doing pictures and plates with special requests were delivered to me and my groom which allowed us to enjoy everything before the excitement of guests began. Shelly really did make our day so much brighter! This is one of few catering companies our venue allows and we can see why. They were so professional and kind, and left everything spotless! Chris was a joy to work with in the planning process and was helpful when we added vegetarian plates last minute, which we know must be a pain. Overall, we cannot say enough good things about Phil's food and staff! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Phil's did such an amazing job at our wedding! So many people complimented us on the food and the staff did such an amazing job with everything! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Laura · Married on 08/05/2017

I am so glad that I went with Phil's catering for my wedding! We had tri-tip and salmon that were both cooked on site, and it was deeeeeelicious! Even my guests commented that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. Communication with Phil's was easy and fast, and service on the day of was top-notch. Johnna even brought me and my new husband our own plates of food so that we didn't have to go through the buffet line. It all felt very personalized and special; you could tell they really wanted us all to be taken care of. We also got all of our rentals through Phil's as well (linens, dishes, glassware, etc.), which made it super easy and more affordable then going through 2 different vendors. I would definitely choose Phil's again and highly recommend them to anyone in need of catering!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Phil's Catering was wonderful to work with! Their menu has great variety and they work with you to customize your event menu based on both your budget and taste preferences! The food is delicious and the staff is amazing! Chris, the coordinator, is fabulous and made sure we had everything we wanted for our special day and was extremely flexible with us! I would highly recommend Phils Catering for any event!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Aarine · Married on 02/18/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Phil's Catering. To give you an idea of the quality of service and food, we are still getting compliments a month later! It was so easy working with Chris, their Events Director. She was always available to answer any questions we had and we easily made adjustments to our menu and timeline. The day of Banquet Manager, Johnna is nothing short of amazing. She was so professional and extremely attentive. She made sure the wedding party had appetizers during pictures so we didn't pass out and she was there giving an upstanding level of service all the way until the end. Her and her staff were just all around awesome. The price was good and the food was even better. We would recommend Phil's Catering any time!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/01/2016

We can't even begin to explain how delicious the food was! Our guests are still raving about how yummy the food was and everyone kept going back for seconds and thirds because it was that delicious! Sheila and Chris were both awesome to work with and so helpful. We will definitely be using Phil's again in the future and will be recommending them to everyone!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Stephany · Married on 10/01/2016

Truly amazing service. The food was amazing, the staff was professional and quick to respond to me when I needed to fine tune certain details. They were exceptional and took care of everything. They came to our wedding party and offered appetizers during pictures. They also brought our plates to the table which was amazing!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/24/2016

The food at our wedding was amazing! All of our guests raved about it. On top of that, the service staff were incredibly sweet and totally on top of it! Such an amazing value for the price! They were also super responsive the year leading up to our wedding, making all of our requested changes and answering my million questions. Highly recommend to use for your wedding!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

It was a pleasure working with Phil’s Catering during the wedding planning process. First of all, the food was amazing! Our menu consisted of chicken marsala, apricot-glazed pork loin, olive oil and garlic whipped potatoes, white-wine sautéed green beans, and homemade focaccia bread. YUM! Not only did our dinner taste incredible, it looked amazing too….which is not usually the case when food is served buffet-style to over 150 people.
    Even before the event, Phil’s Catering did everything they could to make sure that our wedding went smoothly. The staff responded quickly to emails and phone calls, price quotes were provided promptly, and my fiancée and I were able to try all of the food ahead of time. Bottom line, I would highly recommend Phil’s Catering to anyone planning an event on the Central Coast!

Sent on 07/02/2016

amy · Married on 10/17/2015

Thank you Phil's Catering. The food at our wedding was amazing. We received so many compliments on the food and the service staff was fabulous. I loved the chimichurri chicken and tri tip. Thank you for being so flexible and accommodating. We made several changes throughout the planning process including a last minute change and Gary was able to make the changes so easily. Service staff was wonderful and very attentive to the guests and bride and groom. Thank you for making our wedding so easy!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Judy · Married on 09/05/2015

Working with Gary at Phil's Catering for my daughters wedding was a great experience! We changed our mind so many times on the menu and Gary was as accommodating as ever to all of our requests! Gary's Catering Manager on the day of the event (Kristin) was MORE than knowledgable and accommodating. She and her serving staff were thorough and organized and had everything done, served and refilled before any of our guests noticed things were in need of attention. Not only did they all do a fantastic job, but each one of the serving staff were hard workers and genuinely good, kind people!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kate · Married on 06/06/2015

Oh Phil's Catering. I love you so much. Phil's has catered my sister's wedding and my cousin's. The food has been superb every time. But when it is your own wedding, you pay much more attention to all the other aspects of service. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, I will post our favorites below, but the staff is what I will always remember. They were wonderful. They were helpful, cheerful and on top of everything. You asked, they handled it, period. Thank you Phil's Catering for all your work!

Our favorites included:
    Bacon Wrapped Scallops (AMAZING)
    Tri-Tip with Salsa
    Bake Vegetable Pasta with a Béchamel Sauce

Sent on 07/01/2015

Kayleen · Married on 06/06/2015

Excellent, delicious food! Our beach wedding was a couple of months ago, and guests still comment to us on how much they enjoyed the food (we selected a menu that included tri-tip,chicken in a basil cream sauce, and gourmet mac n cheese). The catering coordinators were professional and friendly - great customer care.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/04/2015

Phil's Catering did a great job at our wedding. The prices were very reasonable and the team was very flexible. The food was delicious and the staff was attentive. They made sure we were taken care of and that we ate while the wedding was going on. They also made accomidations for our guests and provided table service for certain items even though we had a buffet. They were very efficient and I was extremely pleased with everything they did for us from the rental to the food to the servie.

Sent on 05/27/2015
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/20/2015

Phil’s Catering had AMAZING food…. Our guests kept going back for more and the next day I was hoping to find leftovers but it was all gone. They took care of appetizers (3), entrée’s (tri-tip & chicken), salads, biscuits (it was BBQ, rustic wedding if you couldn’t tell. The servers were on top of everything from bartending and serving my specialty drink to picking up plates as soon as the guests were finished and setting out our homemade BBQ sauce at the end for our guests to take with them as they left. Our coordinator was super stoked on them and I was thoroughly impressed that they made her job that much easier. I will recommend them to all my friends in the future.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

The food was delicious! They cooked it on site and the tri-tip and bbq chicken were so yummy. The staff was very helpful and the bartender was great! We ordered all of our rentals through Phil's and everything was exactly how we wanted. It was a great value and we didn't even do a tasting before hand. Our guests raved about how good the food was.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Amber · Married on 09/13/2014

The food was wonderful the service was great and I already have some of my wedding guests wanting to use them for their future events.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Julie · Married on 08/16/2014

Phil's Catering did an excellent job catering for our wedding. Many of the guests commented on how great the food was and my husband and I agree 100%. We loved the grilled tri tip, chicken, pasta and mashed potatoes. They were great about getting back to us promptly throughout the planning process. Gary came up with an awesome menu - we didn't need to make any changes to the original menu he sent us!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

Phil's did a wonderful job catering our wedding of 70 people- the food was delicious and nicely presented. The staff (a caterer and also a bartender) were very professional and easy to work with. We appreciated Phil's being accepting of not having a tip jar out for the bartender, although he did a wonderful job it was nice to not have to worry about friends and family feeling obligated to tip for beer and wine service.

Sent on 08/07/2014
  • lilymunster24

Lynette · Married on 07/12/2014

Amazing service!!!! From the moment they showed up they were professional and went above and beyond to make my day perfect! The communication was great they kept us informed of what was going on at all times. They really took care of everything so I could enjoy my wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better experience would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Jeremiah · Married on 10/19/2013

Delicious food! Very professional!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Heather · Married on 09/25/2013

Gary at Phil's was awesome! So helpful. Went through so many revisions(mostly because of me) with me and even helped me with the rentals (tables and chairs and whatnot) which I had thought I would have to do through a third party. One of the lowest cost caterers we talked to too.

Sent on 10/19/2013

sarah · Married on 06/29/2013

Amazing catering company!! Gary is super responsive and helpful and was quick to accommodate to my ever changing plans. All the staff were professional and SUPER HELPFUL! Our banquet manager Sheila was amazing and helped me figure out all the last minute details I hadn't even thought of! The food was a hit and I had so many compliments on how great everything was... especially the Tri-Tip... YUM!! On top of all this the value is UNBEATABLE... honestly I was shocked! Thank you so much to all the staff for being a part of our wedding and helping in any way possible!

Sent on 07/11/2013

I used Phil's catering for my wedding in Paso Robles at a vineyard. From the tasting to the actual event, the food was superb. Gary, the owner was highly recommended by my wedding planner and it was easy to see why. His staff was very friendly. While I hear most brides eat anything at dinner, I finished my whole plate! I would recommend Phil's Catering in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Loved the food!!! The chef, the banquet manager, the banquet servers all did an amazing job

Sent on 02/16/2013