Philip Thomas Photography Reviews

Philip Thomas Photography 3
Philip Thomas Photography 4

Sofia Coleman · Married on 06/01/2019

Book Philip NOW

Working with Philip was an absolute dream. My husband and I are not the best at taking posed photos, so Philip's style was perfect for our vision of our wedding day. The photos are absolutely stunning and look nothing like the trite wedding photography you see plastered all over social media. Philip is a true artist in the way that he captures emotions and we are forever grateful for his expertise. Thank you times a million, Philip!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing pictures

Philip is such a joy to work with. He had a great, relaxed energy on the day of the wedding and did such a beautiful job! After seeing the small preview, I cannot wait to see the full photo collection! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Philip Thomas Photography 5
    Philip Thomas Photography 6
    Philip Thomas Photography 7
    Philip Thomas Photography 8

Jane · Married on 11/12/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Philip and his partner Adam for our recent wedding in November and it was an absolute wonderful experience. We were referred to three other photographers by our wedding planner but the feeling was not there when we saw their sample work online and I am very happy that we found Phillip after looking through wedding websites. That was the best decision we made. Philip was very professional and have such a unique style. All his pictures turned out very stunning and he captured the moment when you least expect. I was a bit skeptical and took a chance with Philip since he wasn't on the top three people referred to us but I am very happy that I took that chance. I feel very lucky that we were able to have him for our big day and have these wonderful pictures to look at years after. Every single pictures are beautiful and I don't have anything bad to say about his service. I would highly recommend him to all my family and friends. And yes he does worth every penny.

Sent on 12/08/2017
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 11/11/2017

Philip was great. From our engagement session to the bridal shoot and wedding, he always made us feel comfortable. The pictures came out amazing, no complaints on quality or turn around time. The album company he uses is also amazing. The album is so beautiful. Probably the nicest wedding album I've ever seen.

My one and only complaint is really my own fault anyway, so it's more of a suggestion to future brides. I really wasn't too picky with wanting specific photos of specific people, so I didn't make a list of photos I wanted. I now regret that. Not that I wanted more posed photos, but they focused almost the entire night on photographing the bride and groom. Which is nice, and there were lots of great pictures, BUT....a whole bunch of our guests are not in a single photo. Which makes me a bit sad. I'd have liked more photos of guests to be taken. We also had the most amazing catering served family style, and there are no pictures of the spread. We also had homeslice pizza delivered for a late night snack and there were no pictures of that. So, even if you don't want specific people in pictures, make sure you let the photographer know what is important to you to have captured.

Sent on 05/05/2018
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 06/10/2017

When my wife looked into all the photographers available in the San Antonio area she was so excited to tell me about discovering Philip Thomas and his work. I have a keen interest in photography and was very concerned about an investment into "professional" photos a family friend with a nice camera could have taken. Many people can take nice photos. I'm picky about what I consider "fine art" photography compared to typical "snap-shots". After looking at all his personal work on his website, I was excited to see what Philip would capture on our wedding day. His amazing ability to capture the "decisive moment" sets him apart. Other than saying how much we love the magical photographs we now have, and how grateful we are to him for capturing them, go look at his website and blog to see for yourself at how talented he is at what he does.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

Philip Thomas was absolutely AMAZING! My husband and I were drawn to his candid style, and felt that was the best way to capture our wedding day - and he definitely delivered. He was very responsive and helpful with the questions that we had, and he and his 2nd photographer arrived on time. He made us feel relaxed in front of the camera. Philip captured the best moments and the photos exude all of the happiness and love from our day! We also liked that he kept in touch with us after and sent sneak peaks, and put photos on his blog, and updated us on when we would receive all of the photos. We highly recommend Philip Thomas - you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

Best Decision We Made For Our Wedding

Philip Thomas has got to be the best in the business. I have never seen someone so effortlessly combine amazing talent, professionalism, laid -back courtesy, timeliness, promptness, I could go on and on!

I'm a lawyer, and I'm pretty careful and precise in how I recommend people and what I say in a recommendation. So please hear me loud and clear when I say Philip Thomas will be the best decision you make for your wedding. You will cherish the photos he takes forever, and working with him on the big day will be a dream!

There were several important things that I didn't consider in hiring a photographer for my wedding - I simply picked the photographer who had the best shots. Hands down Philip Thomas won that contest.

BUT, there are so many other factors that are almost if not as important to consider - and Philip surpasses all expectations in each of these. He is the utmost professional. Your wedding day will be full of emotions, and Philip was so calming, polite, kind, but also unobtrusive in our big day so that the focus wasn't on his camera but the celebration!

He is always timely and responds to any questions you have. He also very thoughtfully does skype interviews with future couples, and those are wonderful to get to know him.

Philip will capture your day with such incredible talent that your pictures will feel like they bring you back to that exact moment in your wedding - its incredible how he captures moments and emotion on film. When he says he does documentary-style photography, he really does capture shots that make you feel like you are watching a video of the best day of your life. I am so thankful we stumbled upon him and heeded the advice in all of the reviews.

Amazing talent AND an incredibly gracious, humble professional are very hard to find together. Go with Philip, and you will have no regrets day of or in the years afterward as you look back on your wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/30/2015

There are so many photographers, and so many choices for such an important day in your life. Believe me when I say that Philip was the best decision we could have made for our photographer. I was speechless when he sent us our photos, they were better than I could have imagined.

Everyone has the traditional wedding photos that you see you on Facebook, but Philip captures the moment. I had a coworker look at our photos and say she felt like she was at the reception because of the emotion he was able to capture. It was amazing to look at our wedding from another set of eyes, to show the day from other's perspectives while we were off doing other things. These are the photos I'll cherish forever.

With all of the choices, take a minute to look at his galleries. You will not regret it, all of these 5 star reviews wouldn't lead you astray.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Meredith · Married on 10/24/2015

We absolutely loved working with Philip! He was extremely personable and easy going, making the whole wedding party feel at ease. The photos we have seen this far are outstanding. We can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Gloria · Married on 09/11/2015

The first meeting with Philip we were able to see his work displayed. We knew that he was the one to capture the memorize of our special day.

Wedding day arrived and while we were getting ready Philip captured moments that could of been forgotten.

We have been looking at the photos over and over and are so happy not only with his professionalism but the quality of his work.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Nadia · Married on 04/11/2015

Philip was the best decision made in our wedding planning. He was timely, professional, friendly, and completely unobtrusive. After the ceremony he took us through the group photos so quickly that we actually got to enjoy the cocktail hour for the little bit. He asked for any special instructions we had - and followed through with them. He did an amazing job of capturing a lot of special moments - some that we hadn't seen ourselves on the whirlwind of a day! And the end product has allowed us to relive our very special day over and over again!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Philip Thomas Photography's reply:

Nadia - Thank you so much. You are so kind and I appreciate you taking the time and effort to write a review,
  • W

William · Married on 11/15/2014

If you want the best photographer in San Antonio, pick Philip Thomas. Here's what you get: a total professional who will produce FABULOUS pictures for you. He has a calm demeanor, he's always in control. He's everywhere on your wedding day but never in the way. In fact, once you see the photos, he was in places and took shots I never thought were possible.
    Whenever we had a question, he answered it immediately.
    After our ceremony, he got us through group photos in a flash.
    He has the perfect attitude throughout the day.
    And, most importantly, his pictures are absolutely spectacular.
    I would be happy to speak personally with anyone who's interested in hiring Philip.
    It was as good a decision as we made throughout the entire process.

Will Flemming

Sent on 11/30/2014

Philip Thomas Photography's reply:

Will - Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. - Philip Thomas

Worth every penny!! Moments are captured that we will treasure forever, many pictures not the typical wedding photo. His gift of art is reflected in some very special moments, often you don't even realize he is present to capture those moments!!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Philip is amazing! Once I saw his work online, we did a skype (I'm 5 hours away from his location) and I knew he was the right photographer for me. His work is so artistic and captured moments that we would have never seen had he not been there. He was great to work with prior to the event and was just as delightful during the wedding. He arrived on time and was there till the very end of a long day. He's also a bit stealth-like, in looking at the pictures, there are many that I had no idea he was even there. If you are looking for someone that just takes posed pictures - this is not your guy. If you are looking for someone to capture the real life moments of your wedding in a way that is artistic and brilliant, call Philip.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Carlos · Married on 11/16/2013

Philip Thomas, and his backup photographer, Christian, were the photographers at my wedding. I can personally attest to Philip's profressionalism, and the quality of his work. He went above and beyond to meet our expectations, and has a throrough respect for his clients and their families. He has a talent of capturing every memorable moment in the most tasteful, and elegant manner. My wife and I truly enjoyed working with him, and we highly recommend him for your next event.

Overall, my wife and I are very happy with the level of service that we have received from Philip.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Logan · Married on 11/09/2013

Philip was an outstanding photographer. He has such a professional, fun way about himself. Being that it's one of the most important/exciting days of your life you want amazing pictures that really capture the moment. He is incredibly talented and so creative. We were more than happy with our wedding pictures. Thank you Philip for capturing our special day so perfectly!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2013

Phillip Thomas captured the most beautiful moments we will forever cherish! We feel so blessed to have him as our photographer! His work is beyond amazing. He has an eye for beauty and is unbelievably talented.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Claire · Married on 09/07/2013

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words.

The photographs that Philip shot at my wedding have left me completely speechless. There are simply no words to describe how incredibly talented Philip is as a photographer, nor how completely stunning my photos are. Half the night I never even knew he was there, but he was, capturing moments as they were happening in real life. I've only seen a preview of his work at my wedding, but if the preview is any indication then these photos will hang like works of art on my wall.

He was very responsive to every email I sent, answered all my questions, showed up on time, stayed all night and was very personable. I highly, highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Claire · Married on 09/07/2013

I'm running out of ways to say how amazing Philip is at capturing moments in my various reviews...life is so hard. Kidding! In all seriousness, I can't image finding a better wedding photographer anywhere. "Documentary" style wedding photography is such a trend these days but there are few artists that actually shoot in a true documentary style. Philip is one of those few.

When my husband and I sat down to think about what kind of photography we wanted for our wedding, we both wanted our real selves...our real moments...captured. Not the posed ones. Don't get me wrong, he did get the requisite poses (bride alone, bridal party, groomsmen, family, etc...) but of the more than 1,000 images he shot, 90% were the wedding as it was happening. I LOVED my photos. Every one of them. Because I could see the emotion or the moment in almost every shot...I got to see everything I missed when I was talking with my distant relative, or meeting someone on my husband's side for the first time. I got to see the fun everyone had on the dance floor, or their smiles during that particularly funny moment during the ceremony. And how many people can say that?

I can't recommend Philip enough on the merits of his talents, but also his demeanor. He responded to my every email, question, call within 24 hours, if not right away...even when he was vacationing with his family in England. He showed up on time, stayed till the end, and was fantastic the whole time. If you want the best photographer you can find for your wedding, hire Philip Thomas. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Karla · Married on 05/25/2013

Highly recommend Philip Thomas Photography. I came across Philip’s work after browsing his work online and reading reviews. I love his documentary style and down to earth personality. My husband and I met Philip during our engagement photos five days before the wedding and knew we made a great choice. Prior to that, we communicated via emails. He composes photos beautifully and is evident in the numerous awards he has received. Philip’s service is great and delivers the product fast with a superb quality. We received our photo album and absolutely love it! Living overseas, we had to rely on the photographer’s online portfolio and reviews. Trust and believe, Philip’s work is fantastic.

Sent on 02/01/2014

amanda · Married on 05/11/2013

We all know it can be awkward at times when taking pictures especially for guys lol. Philip has a wonderful personality and makes the process fun. My husband got along so well with Philip that he actually enjoyed it. I was very impressed with how great the pictures came out, Philip loves capturing "in the moment" pictures which I love and they were amazing!!!!! I would definietly recommend him to everyone

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • User3682058 · 2+ years ago

Enjoyed working with Philip Thomas. He was very flexible with our busy schedules, and provided great service. He was able to capture such great candid moments on our special day.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Alex · Married on 03/23/2013

Philip was one of my favorite vendor to work with. He is professional, enthusiastic, and extremely talented! My husband and I used him for our engagement session in addition to our wedding weekend and we are extremely happy with the results. He captured our weekend perfectly and really got the energy and love that filled our event to come through in the pictures.

Sent on 10/29/2013

A. · Married on 01/19/2013

Philip is an outstanding photographer with a good eye for storytelling and more importantly an outstanding person in general. That's probably what makes him very successful at his chosen profession where most do not excel. Kudos to him and his hard work. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/17/2013

Roberta · Married on 12/01/2012

Philip was very professional and honest throughout the process. A true reflection of his honesty was when he asked if I would like a second shooter. I asked his opinion on the need for one, and he told me that it was probably not needed even though there was an extra fee involved with a second shooter. Philip also has a great, positive attitude, which I am sure is difficult to maintain in the wedding industry. He also did a great job of keeping a low profile while he was snapping photos at the wedding. And of course, the photos turned out beautifully! Philip was hands down the best vendor I worked with in for my wedding.

Sent on 02/06/2013