Philip Gabriel Photography Reviews

99 Reviews for Philip Gabriel Photography

• Victoria

Victoria McGrath · Married on 09/05/2020

Gabe is the best!

Gabe and his team are truly the best and we cannot recommend them enough if you want the most beautiful, flawless photographs of your wedding day! We discovered Gabe through one of my closest friends and since the moment we met him, his passion for the art of photography was evident. We scheduled our engagement photos with him and not only did we get gorgeous shots, we had the best time taking them! Even my husband enjoyed being photographed for an hour and we couldn’t stop laughing the whole time! On the day of the wedding, he made our bridal party feel so comfortable and confident and had us all laughing the entire time. We recently just received our preview from our wedding day and were truly blown away by Gabe’s artistic talent and the moments he captured. We have gotten the most compliments on these photographs and have had so many family and friends ask for his contact information! We know we will be using Philip Gabriel from now on for all of our future photography needs!

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Diane

Diane and Rick Kiewel · Married on 01/10/2020

Gabe is your Guy!!!

From the moment I met Gabe I knew we were in good hands for our son’s wedding. One of our gifts to our son and his new wife was the gift of their wedding album. I’m writing this the day after the wedding so we haven’t even received any pictures yet. Another review to follow I’m sure. I just want to say that Gabe and his team were incredible. They are truly amazing and personable. By the end of the night I felt like they were a part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They captured moments that I know we will cherish for a lifetime. We cannot wait to see the pictures and revisit a very special day for our family. Thank you to Philip Gabriel Photography! Simply the BEST!!!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Bridget Toy · Married on 10/26/2019

Book Gabe NOW!!!!

BEST photographers ever!!! Philip Gabriel Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. We live in NYC and got married in Philly. We didn’t get a chance to meet Gabe prior to our wedding day and we still immediately felt so comfortable and at ease working with Gabe and the rest of the team on our wedding day. They made everything flow so seamlessly. I trusted all of their photo suggestions and they truly took such great care of us. We just received our photo previews and they are beyond amazing. They captured all of the love that we felt on our wedding day. I can’t recommend them enough. Worth every penny!!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2019

Giovanna · Married on 10/12/2019

Philip Gabriel is the most perfect wedding photographer!

Gabe & Phil photographed our wedding on October 12th - our photos speak for themselves. Philip Gabriel does absolutely beautiful work - they are wonderful to work with, super accommodating and professional. Gabe's energy and fun-loving personality was exactly what we needed on our wedding day - he kept the bridal party engaged throughout the day, he felt our excitement and shared those feelings with us! He was such an incremental part of our day, and I am SO happy that we chose them as our photographers.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing! Dynamite team!

Gabe and his team became a part of our family during our wedding! Their professionalism is beyond compare and their photos captured each moment perfectly! They never missed a moment, and were even there to help me fix my dress when the bustle came undone! Would recommend them over and over again!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Alison

Alison Levin · Married on 08/18/2019

Perfect, couldn’t have been better!!

I could not have asked for a better photography team. Everything-from the beginning planning stages to the end of the wedding evening-was perfect and ran smoothly. Gabe listened to everything I wanted and gave suggestions when needed. Everyone was so great dealing with all of the different personalities in the family and they were all so fun to work with! Gabe and team definitely helped make our day extra special and perfect. Could not rant enough!!

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Leah

Leah Berry · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing and unforgettable experience

Do yourself a favor and HIRE PHILIP GABRIEL PHOTOGRAPHY!! The PGP team completely exceeded all of our expectations. During the planning process, we worked with Anya who was extremely knowledgeable and helped guide us on locations for photos, timeline, how to deal with unique family situations and more. The day of the wedding the team was amazing. We had Gabe, Phil and Anya on our photography team and they made the entire day fun for us - it's not always the most fun posing for pictures but the team was able to make it fun! It was so cool to see the PGP team look around and spot good areas for photos, and these impromptu locations ended up being the most amazing photos. This team is truly incredibly talented, I am beyond impressed. All of our guests commented on how fun and nice the photographers were - how often does that happen?! They never felt in the way or in your face, but continued to make the party fun as the did their job. I just received the preview photos and am blown away. They are the most incredible photos and left me speechless. These photos will last a lifetime and are worth every penny we paid! Thank you to the PGP team for the most amazing experience before, during and after!!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/06/2019

The Best of the Best

We chose Philip Gabriel Photography for our wedding on July 6, 2019. We didn't even bother looking at anyone else, honestly. Gabe and his team shot my sister's wedding 2 years prior and their talent, professionalism, and product all blew us away! The whole team is very helpful and responsive. The planning process was easy with them, and then of course the day of the wedding - the best! They know all the best spots in the city and despite fighting off some downpours, thunder & lightning, and even a tornado warning (!), everything turned out AMAZING! Gabe even stopped traffic on Broad Street to capture some awesome shots! We could not be happier with our pictures, and it was so hard to narrow it down to the ones we picked for our album. We HIGHLY recommend Philip Gabriel Photography - they are simply the best!

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Dayna

Dayna · Married on 06/01/2019

Best choice i made!

I could write a whole novel about how happy I am to have worked with the Philip Gabriel team for my wedding photos. Philip Gabriel is really the best in Philly. On my wedding day I had the pleasure of working with Gabe (G2), Lauren, and Heather. They were fantastic and I can't thank them enough. When I felt nauseous they gave me their water and food. They were always thinking of us and made us all feel so comfortable. They are all so talented, thoughtful, and warm. They also made the day of photos so much fun! I couldn't have made a better choice!! They truly went above and beyond. We received preview images and they are OUTSTANDING. I can't stop gushing over them. Can't wait to see the rest!!!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Kristine

Kristine Walters · Married on 04/06/2019

Every Picture is Perfect

We are so, so happy we picked Philip Gabriel as our wedding photographer! The whole team is fabulous and Gabe makes every photo opportunity comfortable, beautiful, and easy. My husband was uncomfortable during our Engagement shoot and then a little more reserved during our Wedding Day and Gabe helped to make him feel so comfortable that he embraced the experience and now we have gorgeous engagement and wedding photos.
    For the actual Wedding Day, I was a little ambitious with all the family and friend photos I wanted to have. But instead of Gabe and his team negotiating and telling me it would be impossible, they came up with a strategy of how we could make it all happen and IT DID! And the best part? They managed to get all of those special photos without disrupting important moments and conversations or by taking us away from our guests. Every photo occurred seamlessly throughout the day and night. It was perfect.
    I should also mention that every photo is beautiful and makes me feel like model. Philip Gabriel knows how to make you feel and look stunning.
    Thank you, Gabe and team for the perfect day.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Stephanie · Married on 02/23/2019

The Best in the Business

Philip Gabriel photography’s quality is unmatched. Before we even chose to go with Philip Gabriel (PG), we knew they were the best because all the photos we saw of our venue (Ballroom at the Ben) that we adored were PG photos. Meeting the team and speaking to Gabe confirmed we would be in the hands of someone who was equally as passionate about capturing our memories as we were.

From the beginning, Anya at PG made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions to make sure we had everything we needed throughout the whole process. It was great to have someone guiding us through our wedding planning that made us feel like VIP clients.

Everyone in the PG staff, and especially the two Gabes, have wonderfully ebullient personalities. They made us feel at ease during our wedding day; hours of photos flew by and we can now look back at all our photos with amazement on how beautifully they were captured. Not a moment during our wedding was missed as the PG crew seamlessly blended into the background. We don't know how they did it but it was exactly what we were looking for!

We’re so glad to have put our trust in Gabe and Philip Gabriel. Their work is exquisite and we’re so excited to have these gorgeous memories to last us a lifetime!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Mike

Mike Cottone · Married on 10/13/2018

A Dedicated Photographer who made the day fun and easy

We worked with Philip Gabriel for our Philadelphia wedding on October 13th, 2018. The process for working with PG was very easy, from our initial meeting with Gabe Cariola (G2) through the contracting and package selection process, through to the big day. About four weeks out from the big day, we had a call with Gabe to discuss our timeline, beginning at the Logan Hotel, with first look at Logan Circle, a trolley pickup, more pics at the Barnes Museum and Rodin Museum, then transportation to Tendenza for the main event. Gabe, the secondary shooter Jeff, and their assistant did an awesome job directing us enough to get the shots that would looks great without making the process seem overly stage-managed. We were able to talk and have fun with our bridal party and parents while we were shooting. Once we got to Tendenza for some family pictures before the rehearsal, we made very efficient use of about 25 minutes of time to get both family pictures and some portrait and individual shots in the Piazza at Schmidt’s. From that point onward, the posed pictures ended until cake cutting, and Gabe and Jeff blended seamlessly into the background of our ceremony and reception and allowed us to not give another thought to the picture-taking process. We were thrilled with choosing Philip Gabriel and would recommend them to anyone. We can’t wait to see the final product!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely the BEST!

Our wedding was 10/13/18, and wedding planning sure was stressful! The crew at Philip Gabriel made this whole process so much easier on me. The months leading up to the wedding I had been communicating with Anya a whole lot. She answered emails efficiently and called me to answer my questions. She put me at ease when I was feeling concerned about how the day would flow and assured me there was nothing to worry about.
    Well, she was right! These guys made my wedding day perfect! Gabe Fredericks guided us through Old City, Philadelphia, snapping photos of us in the most beautiful locations. The afternoon was seamless, and FUN! His sense of humor had us laughing the entire day. The crew made me and my husband, our bridal party and families feel comfortable throughout the day, as smiling for photos for hours can be strenuous, but the time passed by effortlessly.
    I just received all of my photos about a week ago. As if the day feeling perfect wasn't enough, these photos are absolutely magnificent. True pieces of art. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
    Thank you guys for not just being wonderful photographers but also wedding planners, tour guides, and comedians to boot! We love Philip Gabriel!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Michelle · Married on 06/09/2018

I used Philip Gabriel Photography for my wedding June 9th, 2018 at the Bellevue in Philadelphia. The specific photographer at my wedding was Gabe Cariola of the two Gabe's. I cannot say enough positive things about my experience from start to finish with the company, especially Anya, who was so incredibly helpful every step along the way. I would use them again 100x over, and will likely use them again in the future! They are honest, respond quickly, and were a pleasure to work with. I have not seen the images yet, but have no doubt that they will be incredible. They were great about making the timeline and giving guidance on where to take pictures with adjustments that day. Gabe was so professional and had the best sense of humor, making everyone (especially my mom who hates taking pictures) at ease, laughing throughout the day. I never thought one of the most fun parts of the day would be hanging out with them! He was quick and efficient. I had not met him before that day and he was quick on his toes about making good decisions about our timeline according to that day. If you want to have fun with professionals on your big day and be able to relax as well has have a company that communicates very well with you, don't hesitate to book them! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Karen · Married on 06/09/2018

We cannot say enough amazing things about Philip Gabriel Photography. We used them at our wedding on June 9, 2018 at the Crystal Tea Room we could not have asked for a better photography team! Gabe Fredericks and his entire team were absolutely AMAZING! They were all so much fun to be around and helped make the entire day go perfect. Anya was awesome and extremely responsive through the entire planning process and was so helpful throughout the entire wedding day as well! Gabe made sure to capture every moment of the day. He was lying down in the middle of the street getting the most incredible photos and we can’t thank them enough for capturing our special day. If they are available for your date, book them immediately! You will not regret it! I will definitely be using them in the future!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Laura · Married on 05/05/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars for Philip Gabriel Photography, I would!! They were all so fun and easy to work with! I highly recommend them to anyone who needs professional photos! We genuinely laughed all day and they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! Our whole bridal party had a blast taking pictures. I cannot wait to see the finished product :)

Sent on 07/02/2018

Emily · Married on 04/28/2018

WOW! Working with Gabe and his team was a dream come true. I've worked with Gabe numerous times as someone I recommend to my own clients and was fortunate enough to have him as my photographer for my very own wedding. Gabe was just as full of positive energy from the time he arrived until the end of the evening when he departed. He achieves the perfect balance of being lighthearted and funny (which you need in those stressful moments) as well as being serious to capture the raw emotion of the day.
    He and his team were extremely organized and detail oriented through the planning process and on the big day. As a bride, I did not have to worry about anything. That is the most amazing feeling when you can just be the wedding couple and let the professionals do their thing! They were on top of every detail and every photo opportunity. My guests are still talking about how the photographers were everywhere all night long yet not intrusive of our celebration. I think our guests are equally excited as we are to see our photos!
    We are SO happy that we had the chance to work with Gabe and his fabulous team. Thank you also to Anya (so patient and easy to work with), G2, Phil and Nicole. You are the best team out there and we hope to have a chance to be your clients again!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jenna · Married on 04/27/2018

I worked with Monica, and everything was amazing. She answered all my questions along the way, was amazing the day of, and out photos turned out amazing.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 02/16/2018

I am responsible for planning our Corporate Event every year, which includes hiring a photographer to capture our employees both candidly and in group shots. I have worked with Philip Gabriel for a few years now and they are hands down the best. So easy to deal with, communication on par. We typically request Monica to photograph our event and I can always trust that she will capture everything. From flowers, to the employees laughing and playing games, all the special touches. She's very good about making sure to gather photographs of EVERYONE which I adore. It's always a pleasure to look back at the photos because she seems to capture everyone in the moment. We also always have a huge group photo at the end, which she organizes and makes sure you can see everyone. If anyone is tucked away or not smiling,, she notices it and pulls it all together. She's got that eye - looking to see if ties are straight or women's hair out of place. Really there is nothing better than having just a perfect photographer to capture everything you miss as the event goes on. I can't say enough good things about this company!!

Sent on 03/07/2018

Mariellen · Married on 10/07/2017

Philip Gabriel Photography is amazing! Gabe and his whole team are so attentive to detail. They helped to make our day so special and captured so many wonderful memories. Gabe was one of our vendors that we knew we couldn't do without!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Kristin · Married on 08/12/2017

If I could give them more stars, I would. It was my dream to have Gabe shoot my wedding and from start to finish their service blew us away. We had an engagement shoot in October and wedding in August. Their entire team is professional, personable, talented and easy to work with. Their work speaks for itself but what you don't see is everything they do behind the scenes. Gabe has such a talent for getting people to be themselves in front of the camera. G2 will do anything to get the perfect shot. Right before my father and I walked down the aisle, G2 helped him with the buttons on his tux and made sure that my veil looked perfect. Anya went above and beyond to make the day run smoothly. She helped put my veil on, ran back to the room because we forgot my mother's corsage and has an incredible eye for detail. They make you feel incredibly special and I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Amy · Married on 07/01/2017

There are not enough words of thank you that I could said to the photographers of Philip Gabriel Photography that worked our wedding. Gabe Cariola, Jeff and Olivia not only did an awesome job but they were really fun to hang out with all day. By the end of the day they felt like part of the family. They have given us a lasting gift of amazing photographs when all the other parts of the day have faded. And for that I am truly grateful! I received 1700 pictures from that day and each one is perfect! - Priceless family photos, ones of my husband and I laughing, and great shots of our family and friends having fun! I look at them and smile because they did such a great job of capturing the joy of the day! To say that we would highly recommended them would definitely an understatement!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/03/2017

We used Philip Gabriel photography for our engagement photos in December and for our wedding in June. We are THRILLED with all of the images. Gabe was so fun to work with. He put us at ease when we felt uncomfortable in front of the camera, and he captured everything we wanted and more. The thought of a long photo session made us apprehensive, but working with Gabe made it feel like we were working with a friend who just happened to be snapping some pictures! We didn't even give him a shot list for our wedding because we trusted him so much and he delivered above and beyond our expectations! One final note- throughout the stressful process of planning a wedding, Gabe was always extremely responsive to any questions we had, and always followed through on what was promised to us, immediately. I would recommend Philip Gabriel to anyone!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Samantha · Married on 05/06/2017

Everyone at Philip Gabriel exceeded our expectations! Not only was Gabe professional, friendly, and incredibly talented but everyone else who worked there went above and beyond for us! Anya responded to every email the same day we sent it and our pictures were SO beautiful and really captured everything we would have wanted in the day. They were flexible to work with and also extremely kind. I even had other bridesmaids comment that when she gets married she won't use anyone else. Gabe knows Philly like the back of his hand! I did not have to worry about choosing where any pictures would be. He offered a gorgeous side street for our first look and even took us to this tucked away spot with beautiful greenery for further pictures. He also knows everyone else in the field which is a wonderful addition! All our other vendors were thrilled when they heard we chose Philip Gabriel. Gabe's personality is perfect for this field due to his ability to put everyone at ease and we are SO glad we chose Philip Gabriel for such a special day in our lives :)

Sent on 08/09/2017