Philadelphia String Quartet Reviews

Philadelphia String Quartet 2
Philadelphia String Quartet 3

Anthony · Married on 10/27/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet Mugu

We are grateful to Mugu and Philadelphia String Quartet for their fantastic performance at our wedding. We hired Mugu and PSQ to play during the arrival of guests, our ceremony and cocktail hour. We also hired one opera and one classical singer to perform with them. Mugu was able to connect with both singers, set up rehearsal times and save the day, literally, when one of our singers was stranded on the road.
    On the day of our wedding, just hours before the ceremony, one of our singers said she was broken down on the highway and could not get to the ceremony in time. Mugu was able to quickly problem solve and reorganize. We arrived at the venue and Mugu found us and said, “Everything is under control, don’t worry we rehearsed and the tenor will sing both songs.” Our ceremony went off with out missing a beat.
    Once the ceremony was over, he and his team repositioned themselves and began playing electric violins with modern and classical music during the cocktail hour. The team created two wonderful vibes and impressed all of our guests. They, for us, were a great fit, have a wonderful stage presentation and possess a style all their own. The team is talented, versatile and professional.
    Our guests are still complementing us on the music weeks after our wedding. I would, without hesitation, highly recommend Mugu and PSQ for any event. Book PSQ for your wedding, corporate event or private party. We will be sure to request them for our next event.

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazingly Talented

The members of the Philadelphia String Quartet were wonderful to work with and added such a nice touch to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were super responsive during the planning and have a very large selection of music. They listened to our suggestions and music preferences and made our wedding so special!

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Mugu is amazing to work with, the whole team is fantastic! Extremely profession and so much fun! I received so many compliments from the guests at my wedding about how amazing they were from their playing to their song selections to the friendliness of the players. If more than 5 stars was possible I would give them more, would definitely book them again in a heartbeat!

lori · Married on 09/01/2018

Words alone can’t express how grateful and thankful my husband and I are for Mugu and the other musicians. Their performances were amazing and outstanding at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! The wedding was Labor Day weekend and our guests are still talking about the type of classical and modern music that was playing at the ceremony, and the fun and lively music at the cocktail hour that had our guests dancing. The music definitely set the tone for an enjoyable and relaxing evening.. At the last minute, a friend of mine was supposed to have a guitarist perform for our first dance and canceled the day before the wedding. So I called Mugu immediately, and he quickly responded by finding a guitarist for us. He was very attentive and was very professional during our conversations. He eased my anxiety. PSQ were fantastic!

Keisha · Married on 08/25/2018

Mugu and the Philadelphia String Quartet were completely AMAZING at my wedding this past weekend. They made the whole process of booking, planning and executing the wedding easy and fun. My guests could not stop commenting on how wonderful our ceremony and cocktail hour music was, especially the game of thrones theme song on their electric instruments! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Keisha! We're glad you enjoyed our music.

Janell · Married on 07/21/2018

It was a pleasure to work with the staff and musicians of PSQ! They took time to learn of our wishes and style of music for our wedding ceremony. Their response time to any questions or concerns was within 24 hours of reaching out to them. Our string duo sounded beautiful and added an extra personal touch to our wedding. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We highly recommend PSQ!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Janell you guys are great!

Toula · Married on 07/01/2018

Working with the Philadelphia string Quartet was a great experience ! My son and daughter in law loved having them at their weddding day! They were wonderful during their first dance serenading around them. As well as playing music throughout cocktail hour for every generation to know. They could perform with any song I requested. I would defiantly recommend them and use them in my future events!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for having us Toula, that was an amazing party!

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

My experience with Philadelphia String Quartet was nothing short of amazing! I knew I wanted to have live music at our ceremony and was referred to Mugu and his team by my DJ. When I contacted Mugu, I spoke to him directly and he was very friendly and worked with me to help me figure out exactly what I pictured for the day. I decided to book them and up until the day, they followed up with me multiple times and helped me pick out music I wanted. The wedding was 2 hours outside of Philadelphia and they made the drive out there which was hard to find from anyone else. My ceremony was amazing and exactly what I pictured. They also played during dinner which ended up turning into a dance party! All of my guests were blown away and I couldn’t keep them in their seats! I had multiple friends wish they could re-do their wedding so they could hire PSQ. Thank you Mugu and the team for making my day so perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Lauren we appreciate it!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

I would highly recommend the Philadelphia String Quartet. They provided music for my daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Katie Helf and Mugu were extremely personable, easy to work with and made sure that our needs were met. They were extremely accommodating and professional. They were able to play all the songs we requested and made suggestions for others when we were not sure what to choose. The musicians were a wonderful addition to the wedding as the music they played was beautiful. We received many comments on how lovely it was. Out of all the vendors that I worked with on the wedding, they provided the best customer service. I will certainly utilize their services again.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

WOW that's great thank you so much Laura that means a lot for us!

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

PSQ was amazing to work with pre-wedding, and the music they provided during our reception and cocktail hour was outstanding! We received so many compliments from our guests who really enjoyed all the different music genres that they played.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caitlin that's so nice of you!

Jilda · Married on 11/25/2017

Incredible customer service from day one. A fabulous company to reach and meet and standards, expectations and desires for your special day. The PSQ performed at the ceremony for my wedding in one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Atlantic City. When the church doors opened and I heard the strings, I felt this ethereal warm glow that bounced off the stained glass to the wooden benches that guided me down the aisle. Thank you guys for keeping my guest entertained for a half hour due to a mishap that causes us to be late! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you!

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Philadelphia String Quartet 4
    Philadelphia String Quartet 5
    Philadelphia String Quartet 6

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Jilda, so happy you enjoyed our music. Nice pics btw :)

Karina · Married on 10/20/2017

Mugu and the entire team at PSQ were wonderful to work with! Mugu was patient and diligent in making sure our music selections represented exactly what we wanted and ensured it blended beautifully together for our ceremony. PSQ traveled to Atlantic City for our wedding in October. Mugu was able to make recommendations based upon our vision and put us at ease throughout the entire process. We are still receiving rave reviews and compliments regarding the stunning performance throughout cocktail hour with the electric instruments! PSQ is passionate about what they do and it is so evident in the way they play. Cannot wait to use their services again and would highly recommend PSQ to any couple looking to add something unique to their wedding day that they will never forget! We would also highly recommend the PSQ team to the LGBT community as this company truly made us feel supported and comfortable during the planning process. Thank you again PSQ!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Karina, we're so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you!

Caren · Married on 08/19/2017

Excellent customer service! A pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them and would use them again, without question. They truly care about their clients, and their music is beauriful. I can't wait to get the video back!!
    Thank you PSQ!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caren that's great!

Melanie · Married on 10/23/2016

We had a pianist and cello for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and couldn't have been happier with them! They sounded beautifully together and had magnificent talent. I would recommend PSQ to anyone looking for talented musicians for the special day :)

Sent on 11/17/2016

Thank you Melanie!

I am the mother of the bride. I wanted a string quartet to play at my daughters wedding. From the moment I
    contacted PSQ I was more than satisfied. Mugu was very pleasant and eager to please in any way. Everything went as planned. I recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Thank you!

PSQ did a beautiful job for my ceremony music. They played moon river and can't help falling in love for the bridal party/bridal entry. It was wonderful to hear the church fill with such lovely music and really set the atmosphere of the ceremony. I only have positive things to say about PSQ.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Thank you!

The Philadelphia String Quartet was fantastic! Everyone at our wedding loved them and working with them leading up to our wedding was seamless and stress-free. They are extremely flexible and their repertoire is extensive. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a professional quartet for their wedding day or any event for that matter.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Thank you so much!

Kelly · Married on 09/16/2016

PSQ was wonderful!! My guests enjoyed the music during their entry to the ceremony and the music during the ceremony was so beautiful and really added to the day!! We are both so happy with our choice to have used them on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Thank you Kelly! We're glad everyone enjoyed our music

Jaclyn · Married on 09/03/2016

Philly String Quartet was absolute perfection! They were worth every penny and brought an amazing element to our wedding that guests are still raving about. Working with Mugu was very easy and he transformed our vision to reality seamlessly. I had seen PSQ at other events but they truly exceeded my expectations and were very flexible to work with (i.e. timing location, etc.). The ceremony was beautiful and made our wedding feel magical & classy. The cocktail hour and dinner, with the electric violins, completely blew guests away, I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend their services, a truly talented group!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Jaclyn! You are a wonderful couple and we are honored to work with you.

Jenna Lynn · Married on 08/26/2016

PSQ is absolutely amazing! We came across this vendor online and also happened to catch a live performance at our venue's menu tasting, and knew right away we wanted the string quartet for our ceremony and the electric string duo for our cocktail hour. Mugu was absolutely lovely! He is very accommodating and the whole group just wants to make your day special and unique. We received so many compliments from our guests about how wonderful the music was and we could not have been happier to have PSQ play at our wedding! We highly recommend PSQ!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Jenna you're so sweet!

Everything about PSQ is phenomenal! They did an amazing job for our wedding and cocktail hour and Mugu was so helpful throughout the entire process. While everything was amazing, the highlight was when I heard the song I had asked to have music written for played for the first time as our processional started - it was absolutely perfectly arranged and performed and I would listen to it over and over again if I could it was just that beautiful. In total they arranged 3 not very well known songs that I requested and each one transformed the essence of the song perfectly to the strings in a way that far exceeded my expectations. They even accompanied one of my bridesmaids in a song, which not only sounded amazing, but she was so impressed with how quickly they adapted to the way she sang it with hardly any practice. I highly recommend PSQ and am so pleased with what a great job they did!

Sent on 07/15/2016

We appreciate it
  • T.J.

T.J. · Married on 06/25/2016

PSQ brought a whole other level of sophistication to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They listened to all of our questions and requests graciously and were very easy to communicate with overall. Thank you, PSQ!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you TJ! You and Mike were a pleasure to work with and the Holy Hedge is always a great venue with great acoustics. All best!

PSQ provided beautiful music for both the outdoor ceremony and the cocktail hour. Mugu and the musicians were great to work with as they learned extra music to play with a vocalist. Everyone at the wedding was amazed at the way they played classical music at the ceremony and set the festive mood during cocktail hour with electric strings! I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We really enjoyed playing for you! We wish you the best!

Evan · Married on 05/21/2016

Everything was excellent! As it was my wedding, it was all a little bit of a blur for me - but working with them in the lead-up to the event was fantastic. Everyone I spoke to or emailed with was super-friendly and highly responsive. And from guests, I heard only great things about the music itself.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Evan, what a great wedding!