Philadelphia String Quartet Reviews

Philadelphia String Quartet 6
  • Elena

Elena Piperno · Married on 04/12/2019

Beyond our expectations!

We had PSQ at our wedding ceremony on April 12th in Quakertown. It was a Catholic service, and Mugu and his team were incredible! They worked so well with our accompanist & cantor, and paired strings to all of the songs we choose. It was more beautiful than we could have imagined. We cannot wait to get back video so we can relive the music. Mugu and the PSQ team is fabulous to work with - super organized and responsive to all questions. They are all incredibly professional and talented - worth every penny! If you are looking to add strings to your wedding, look no further than PSQ. I highly recommend (plus, their rendition of the Ave Maria will make you cry!) THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Kimi

Kimi · Married on 03/31/2019

Beautiful music and professionals all the way

The best part of my experience with the Philadelphia String Quartet was their professionalism and confidence throughout the wedding planning. On my wedding day, we received compliments on their performance for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I only wished I could have danced more to their music but had bridal duties. The ceremony music was beautiful and made walking down the aisle feel like I was walking on clouds.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Kimi!! It was an amazing day and an honor to be a part of it! We wish you and Jordan all the very best!!!

Theresa Watson · Married on 03/30/2019

Awesome cocktail hour music!

PSQ was awesome for our cocktail hour! Such a special touch all our guests loved it! Professional from start to finish.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Theresa! It was awesome working with you and celebrating your special day!! We appreciate you!!
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/02/2019

PSQ helped make our wedding magical

From the day I called PSQ to get pricing, through hiring them, planning, the actual wedding, and even 2 days after, everyone working with PSQ has made this such a wonderful experience- What an amazing team!!. Katie (the director of client services) was so kind, supportive, and helpful with getting me information and following up with me so that I didn't have to worry about getting back to her. Mugu was amazing, answering all of our questions, helping us plan the order of things in the ceremony, and checking in with us before and after the wedding to make sure we were satisfied. We were more than satisfied!!! All of our wedding guests raved about how beautiful the music was and the magical ambiance PSQ created for us. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring them 😊 Thank you PSQ TEAM!!!
    (attached photo by Tyler Boye)

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 7

Eileen · Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful experience!

Mugu, Miha, all the musicians and the staff we worked with were WONDERFUL! They all were so pleasant and kind to deal with from start to finish. Mugu helped us choose the most beautiful pieces of music for our ceremony - and then helped choose the most fun and modern music for our cocktail hour. These individuals are gifted and talented musicians. They exude joy in their work -- it is clear how much they love what they do! Their spirit comes through in their music and performance and I cannot say enough how amazing they were. Our guests were blown away by their performance...and especially loved how they subtly mingled through the cocktail hour on wireless instruments. PSQ helped make our day beautiful! We would highly recommend them to everyone and we are hoping to find another occasion someday to soon to work with them again! They are wonderful people. Thank you Mugu, Miha and all of your musicians and staff for a terrific experience!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 8
    Philadelphia String Quartet 9

Anthony · Married on 10/27/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet Mugu

We are grateful to Mugu and Philadelphia String Quartet for their fantastic performance at our wedding. We hired Mugu and PSQ to play during the arrival of guests, our ceremony and cocktail hour. We also hired one opera and one classical singer to perform with them. Mugu was able to connect with both singers, set up rehearsal times and save the day, literally, when one of our singers was stranded on the road.
    On the day of our wedding, just hours before the ceremony, one of our singers said she was broken down on the highway and could not get to the ceremony in time. Mugu was able to quickly problem solve and reorganize. We arrived at the venue and Mugu found us and said, “Everything is under control, don’t worry we rehearsed and the tenor will sing both songs.” Our ceremony went off with out missing a beat.
    Once the ceremony was over, he and his team repositioned themselves and began playing electric violins with modern and classical music during the cocktail hour. The team created two wonderful vibes and impressed all of our guests. They, for us, were a great fit, have a wonderful stage presentation and possess a style all their own. The team is talented, versatile and professional.
    Our guests are still complementing us on the music weeks after our wedding. I would, without hesitation, highly recommend Mugu and PSQ for any event. Book PSQ for your wedding, corporate event or private party. We will be sure to request them for our next event.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazingly Talented

The members of the Philadelphia String Quartet were wonderful to work with and added such a nice touch to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were super responsive during the planning and have a very large selection of music. They listened to our suggestions and music preferences and made our wedding so special!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Mugu is amazing to work with, the whole team is fantastic! Extremely profession and so much fun! I received so many compliments from the guests at my wedding about how amazing they were from their playing to their song selections to the friendliness of the players. If more than 5 stars was possible I would give them more, would definitely book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/08/2018

lori · Married on 09/01/2018

Words alone can’t express how grateful and thankful my husband and I are for Mugu and the other musicians. Their performances were amazing and outstanding at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! The wedding was Labor Day weekend and our guests are still talking about the type of classical and modern music that was playing at the ceremony, and the fun and lively music at the cocktail hour that had our guests dancing. The music definitely set the tone for an enjoyable and relaxing evening.. At the last minute, a friend of mine was supposed to have a guitarist perform for our first dance and canceled the day before the wedding. So I called Mugu immediately, and he quickly responded by finding a guitarist for us. He was very attentive and was very professional during our conversations. He eased my anxiety. PSQ were fantastic!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Keisha · Married on 08/25/2018

Mugu and the Philadelphia String Quartet were completely AMAZING at my wedding this past weekend. They made the whole process of booking, planning and executing the wedding easy and fun. My guests could not stop commenting on how wonderful our ceremony and cocktail hour music was, especially the game of thrones theme song on their electric instruments! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Keisha! We're glad you enjoyed our music.

Janell · Married on 07/21/2018

It was a pleasure to work with the staff and musicians of PSQ! They took time to learn of our wishes and style of music for our wedding ceremony. Their response time to any questions or concerns was within 24 hours of reaching out to them. Our string duo sounded beautiful and added an extra personal touch to our wedding. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We highly recommend PSQ!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Janell you guys are great!

Toula · Married on 07/01/2018

Working with the Philadelphia string Quartet was a great experience ! My son and daughter in law loved having them at their weddding day! They were wonderful during their first dance serenading around them. As well as playing music throughout cocktail hour for every generation to know. They could perform with any song I requested. I would defiantly recommend them and use them in my future events!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for having us Toula, that was an amazing party!

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

My experience with Philadelphia String Quartet was nothing short of amazing! I knew I wanted to have live music at our ceremony and was referred to Mugu and his team by my DJ. When I contacted Mugu, I spoke to him directly and he was very friendly and worked with me to help me figure out exactly what I pictured for the day. I decided to book them and up until the day, they followed up with me multiple times and helped me pick out music I wanted. The wedding was 2 hours outside of Philadelphia and they made the drive out there which was hard to find from anyone else. My ceremony was amazing and exactly what I pictured. They also played during dinner which ended up turning into a dance party! All of my guests were blown away and I couldn’t keep them in their seats! I had multiple friends wish they could re-do their wedding so they could hire PSQ. Thank you Mugu and the team for making my day so perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Lauren we appreciate it!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

I would highly recommend the Philadelphia String Quartet. They provided music for my daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Katie Helf and Mugu were extremely personable, easy to work with and made sure that our needs were met. They were extremely accommodating and professional. They were able to play all the songs we requested and made suggestions for others when we were not sure what to choose. The musicians were a wonderful addition to the wedding as the music they played was beautiful. We received many comments on how lovely it was. Out of all the vendors that I worked with on the wedding, they provided the best customer service. I will certainly utilize their services again.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

WOW that's great thank you so much Laura that means a lot for us!

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

PSQ was amazing to work with pre-wedding, and the music they provided during our reception and cocktail hour was outstanding! We received so many compliments from our guests who really enjoyed all the different music genres that they played.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caitlin that's so nice of you!

Jilda · Married on 11/25/2017

Incredible customer service from day one. A fabulous company to reach and meet and standards, expectations and desires for your special day. The PSQ performed at the ceremony for my wedding in one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Atlantic City. When the church doors opened and I heard the strings, I felt this ethereal warm glow that bounced off the stained glass to the wooden benches that guided me down the aisle. Thank you guys for keeping my guest entertained for a half hour due to a mishap that causes us to be late! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you!

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Philadelphia String Quartet 10
    Philadelphia String Quartet 11
    Philadelphia String Quartet 12

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Jilda, so happy you enjoyed our music. Nice pics btw :)

Karina · Married on 10/20/2017

Mugu and the entire team at PSQ were wonderful to work with! Mugu was patient and diligent in making sure our music selections represented exactly what we wanted and ensured it blended beautifully together for our ceremony. PSQ traveled to Atlantic City for our wedding in October. Mugu was able to make recommendations based upon our vision and put us at ease throughout the entire process. We are still receiving rave reviews and compliments regarding the stunning performance throughout cocktail hour with the electric instruments! PSQ is passionate about what they do and it is so evident in the way they play. Cannot wait to use their services again and would highly recommend PSQ to any couple looking to add something unique to their wedding day that they will never forget! We would also highly recommend the PSQ team to the LGBT community as this company truly made us feel supported and comfortable during the planning process. Thank you again PSQ!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Karina, we're so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you!

Caren · Married on 08/19/2017

Excellent customer service! A pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them and would use them again, without question. They truly care about their clients, and their music is beauriful. I can't wait to get the video back!!
    Thank you PSQ!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caren that's great!

Melanie · Married on 10/23/2016

We had a pianist and cello for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and couldn't have been happier with them! They sounded beautifully together and had magnificent talent. I would recommend PSQ to anyone looking for talented musicians for the special day :)

Sent on 11/17/2016

Thank you Melanie!

I am the mother of the bride. I wanted a string quartet to play at my daughters wedding. From the moment I
    contacted PSQ I was more than satisfied. Mugu was very pleasant and eager to please in any way. Everything went as planned. I recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Thank you!

PSQ did a beautiful job for my ceremony music. They played moon river and can't help falling in love for the bridal party/bridal entry. It was wonderful to hear the church fill with such lovely music and really set the atmosphere of the ceremony. I only have positive things to say about PSQ.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Thank you!

The Philadelphia String Quartet was fantastic! Everyone at our wedding loved them and working with them leading up to our wedding was seamless and stress-free. They are extremely flexible and their repertoire is extensive. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a professional quartet for their wedding day or any event for that matter.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Thank you so much!

Kelly · Married on 09/16/2016

PSQ was wonderful!! My guests enjoyed the music during their entry to the ceremony and the music during the ceremony was so beautiful and really added to the day!! We are both so happy with our choice to have used them on our wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Thank you Kelly! We're glad everyone enjoyed our music

Jaclyn · Married on 09/03/2016

Philly String Quartet was absolute perfection! They were worth every penny and brought an amazing element to our wedding that guests are still raving about. Working with Mugu was very easy and he transformed our vision to reality seamlessly. I had seen PSQ at other events but they truly exceeded my expectations and were very flexible to work with (i.e. timing location, etc.). The ceremony was beautiful and made our wedding feel magical & classy. The cocktail hour and dinner, with the electric violins, completely blew guests away, I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend their services, a truly talented group!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Jaclyn! You are a wonderful couple and we are honored to work with you.