166 Reviews for Philadelphia String Quartet

Viola (1)
Piano (1)
Sound/PA System (1)
157 Philadelphia String Quartet Reviews

I would highly recommend the Philadelphia String Quartet. They provided music for my daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Katie Helf and Mugu were extremely personable, easy to work with and made sure that our needs were met. They were extremely accommodating and professional. They were able to play all the songs we requested and made suggestions for others when we were not sure what to choose. The musicians were a wonderful addition to the wedding as the music they played was beautiful. We received many comments on how lovely it was. Out of all the vendors that I worked with on the wedding, they provided the best customer service. I will certainly utilize their services again.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Violin, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, String-Trio

Incredible customer service from day one. A fabulous company to reach and meet and standards, expectations and desires for your special day. The PSQ performed at the ceremony for my wedding in one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Atlantic City. When the church doors opened and I heard the strings, I felt this ethereal warm glow that bounced off the stained glass to the wooden benches that guided me down the aisle. Thank you guys for keeping my guest entertained for a half hour due to a mishap that causes us to be late! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you!

Profile Picture Jilda, 11/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Mugu and the entire team at PSQ were wonderful to work with! Mugu was patient and diligent in making sure our music selections represented exactly what we wanted and ensured it blended beautifully together for our ceremony. PSQ traveled to Atlantic City for our wedding in October. Mugu was able to make recommendations based upon our vision and put us at ease throughout the entire process. We are still receiving rave reviews and compliments regarding the stunning performance throughout cocktail hour with the electric instruments! PSQ is passionate about what they do and it is so evident in the way they play. Cannot wait to use their services again and would highly recommend PSQ to any couple looking to add something unique to their wedding day that they will never forget! We would also highly recommend the PSQ team to the LGBT community as this company truly made us feel supported and comfortable during the planning process. Thank you again PSQ!

Profile Picture Karina, 10/20/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals

Excellent customer service! A pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them and would use them again, without question. They truly care about their clients, and their music is beauriful. I can't wait to get the video back!!
Thank you PSQ!!

Profile Picture Caren, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a pianist and cello for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and couldn't have been happier with them! They sounded beautifully together and had magnificent talent. I would recommend PSQ to anyone looking for talented musicians for the special day :)

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I am the mother of the bride. I wanted a string quartet to play at my daughters wedding. From the moment I
contacted PSQ I was more than satisfied. Mugu was very pleasant and eager to please in any way. Everything went as planned. I recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture User7421242, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

PSQ did a beautiful job for my ceremony music. They played moon river and can't help falling in love for the bridal party/bridal entry. It was wonderful to hear the church fill with such lovely music and really set the atmosphere of the ceremony. I only have positive things to say about PSQ.

Profile Picture User5385252, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Philadelphia String Quartet was fantastic! Everyone at our wedding loved them and working with them leading up to our wedding was seamless and stress-free. They are extremely flexible and their repertoire is extensive. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for a professional quartet for their wedding day or any event for that matter.

Profile Picture Maureen, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

PSQ was wonderful!! My guests enjoyed the music during their entry to the ceremony and the music during the ceremony was so beautiful and really added to the day!! We are both so happy with our choice to have used them on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Philly String Quartet was absolute perfection! They were worth every penny and brought an amazing element to our wedding that guests are still raving about. Working with Mugu was very easy and he transformed our vision to reality seamlessly. I had seen PSQ at other events but they truly exceeded my expectations and were very flexible to work with (i.e. timing location, etc.). The ceremony was beautiful and made our wedding feel magical & classy. The cocktail hour and dinner, with the electric violins, completely blew guests away, I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend their services, a truly talented group!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

PSQ is absolutely amazing! We came across this vendor online and also happened to catch a live performance at our venue's menu tasting, and knew right away we wanted the string quartet for our ceremony and the electric string duo for our cocktail hour. Mugu was absolutely lovely! He is very accommodating and the whole group just wants to make your day special and unique. We received so many compliments from our guests about how wonderful the music was and we could not have been happier to have PSQ play at our wedding! We highly recommend PSQ!

Profile Picture Jenna Lynn, 8/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Everything about PSQ is phenomenal! They did an amazing job for our wedding and cocktail hour and Mugu was so helpful throughout the entire process. While everything was amazing, the highlight was when I heard the song I had asked to have music written for played for the first time as our processional started - it was absolutely perfectly arranged and performed and I would listen to it over and over again if I could it was just that beautiful. In total they arranged 3 not very well known songs that I requested and each one transformed the essence of the song perfectly to the strings in a way that far exceeded my expectations. They even accompanied one of my bridesmaids in a song, which not only sounded amazing, but she was so impressed with how quickly they adapted to the way she sang it with hardly any practice. I highly recommend PSQ and am so pleased with what a great job they did!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/3/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

PSQ brought a whole other level of sophistication to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They listened to all of our questions and requests graciously and were very easy to communicate with overall. Thank you, PSQ!

Profile Picture T.J., 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

PSQ provided beautiful music for both the outdoor ceremony and the cocktail hour. Mugu and the musicians were great to work with as they learned extra music to play with a vocalist. Everyone at the wedding was amazed at the way they played classical music at the ceremony and set the festive mood during cocktail hour with electric strings! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User6793408, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Everything was excellent! As it was my wedding, it was all a little bit of a blur for me - but working with them in the lead-up to the event was fantastic. Everyone I spoke to or emailed with was super-friendly and highly responsive. And from guests, I heard only great things about the music itself.

Profile Picture Evan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

These guys were amazing. All of our guests were so impressed by the music they played at our cocktail hour. We had several phone conversations and meetings and we worked to make this a surprise for the bride. They even learned a song that she liked that was not in their regular playlists. Then, they waited until she was in front of them (because she was being pulled in many directions) to play it. Very impressed and I highly suggest the PSQ to anyone who is looking for live music services for their event.

Profile Picture Joe, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews

Perfect ceremony music
Easy to work wit

Profile Picture User6755877, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The Philadelphia String Quartet was amazing at our wedding! They played with astonishing intonation and perfection. If you want amazing music, you should certainly hire the Philadelphia String Quartet because they know what they are doing, and are professional and flexible. They are willing to pay attention to minute details or, if given the freedom, they are fully capable of putting together a wonderfully flowing set of music for your event. We only specified a couple of pieces for the Bride's entrance and the recessional, and they filled in the rest with the genre of music we specified. These are highly talented musicians who have the utmost respect and demeanor at your event, and we want to thank them a thousand times over for helping make our day a memorable occasion!

Profile Picture John, 4/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We could not be more pleased with choosing the Philadelphia String Quartet and Peter (DJ) from Ambiance for our wedding at the National Constitution Center! We received countless compliments on PSQ and their electric strings! They were part of our ceremony, cocktail hour and first hour through dinner. Our guests loved them! They are also incredibly professional and easy to work with-very responsive, timely, compassionate and willing to learn any song you request! I can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture User6621971, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

PSQ was amazing. Firstly, the musicians are amazing-they sounded exquisite. Secondly, dealing with Laci and selecting songs couldn't have been easier. They play a wide variety and helped me narrow down selections for my wedding ceremony. I got so many compliments. Would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Lauren , 2/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My daughter thoughtfully planned her ceremony which was somewhat non-traditional with music by Bright Eyes, Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys and Ray Lamontagne. The Philadelphia Sting Quartet executed the program flawlessly and the ceremony was as beautiful as any I have ever witnessed. In addition, the music played while guests were seated set the tone for the evening. The big hit however was the popular music played on electric strings during cocktail hour. Everyone was blown away and the compliments came non-stop! Absolutely spectacular. I recommend PSQ without reservation. Professional, talented, flexible, a pleasure to work with. Do yourself a favor and make them a big part of your event!

Profile Picture Rip, 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Great to work with them and really fun

Profile Picture User6171050, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Mugu and the group did an incredible job at our wedding. Guests were raving about their performance all night. PSQ is amazing all the way around!

Profile Picture Pete, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Truly an amazing choice for any occasion. One of the highlights of the night for our wedding guests. Very easy to work with and accommodate recommendations. Would recommend to anyone.

Profile Picture Victor, 9/26/15, 1 Review