Philadelphia String Quartet Reviews

Philadelphia String Quartet 5
Philadelphia String Quartet 6
Philadelphia String Quartet 7

Noel Clarke · Married on 07/05/2019

One of the best parts of my wedding!!!

First, Mugu is one of the sweetest and caring vendors! He composed a song from piano to violin that my grandfather wrote in his teenage years and played it beautifully while I walked down the isle. It was a dream come true. Guests raved about them at cocktail hour, if I could do it all over again, 1000000% I would hire Philly string. Thank you so so much!!!!!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Aww Noel you have no idea how much your beautiful words mean to all of us at PSQ! It was an honor to play your grandfather's song and to honor his memory. You and Mike are so loved and appreciated and we wish you all the blessings in your new marriage ❤️
  • Anna

Anna Hopkins · Married on 05/18/2019

Made our wedding welcome party!

Mugu is the best and their music is contagious. My aunt hired them for my wedding shower and we danced the entire event. I had to hired them again for my welcome party! I cannot recommend them enough. They will make your wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Anna! We had so much fun serving you and your family not once but twice!! We wish you all the blessings in your new marriage ❤️

Kelly · Married on 05/18/2019

just hire them already!!

From the first day we spoke with them until the day of the wedding, PSQ were one of our easiest and most fun vendors to work with, and we felt like VIPs every step of the way!

We had a few songs that are very special to us and they not only learned them but absolutely nailed the performances during the wedding. They played for both the ceremony and the cocktail hour, providing the exact sophisticated mood we wanted with classical looking instruments to match during the ceremony, and then switching gears to beautiful, modern-looking instruments and pop songs for the cocktail hour. Their song selection was impeccable, and everyone seemed to be having an absolute blast playing (especially Mugu!).

Our guests were floored at the performances, and we got so many compliments – they could not stop talking about how incredible PSQ sounded. Our only regret is that we don’t have more large events coming up to hire them again!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 8

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! The title of your review made us laugh haha It was such a joy and pleasure to work with you and Brian and it was extra special for us to play your sentimental and nostalgic songs. (Playing Good Charlotte at a wedding was a fun change!) We wish you guys all the very best in this new chapter of your lives together ❤️

Keri · Married on 05/03/2019

Phenomenal!

We hired PSQ for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and they did not disappoint! They were so easy to work with from beginning to end and they truly took our wedding to the next level! We were able to pick our songs and they played each one flawlessly. Our guests raved about their performance and their quality is unmatched! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Keri!! It was a beautiful day and we loved playing for you and your loved ones! Wishing you and Andrew all the happiness and blessings! ❤️
  • Allon

Allon · Married on 04/20/2019

Great performances and a pleasure to work with!

What a great addition to our big day! From our first discussion, Mugu and the Philadelphia String Quartet team were tremendously helpful, collaborative, and responsive. They quickly understood our vision for the day and came up with a plan to enhance our guest experience with music in a variety of genres and instrumentation that gave each part of our wedding (guest arrival, ceremony, cocktails, and reception) a unique, fabulous vibe. Our guests were raving about the music throughout the entire wedding. Thanks so much to Mugu and PSQ for bringing our wedding to life with your spectacular music!

Sent on 05/15/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 9
    Philadelphia String Quartet 10

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Allon!! It was an honor to be a part of your wedding. Wishing you all the best in your new marriage ❤️
  • Elena

Elena Piperno · Married on 04/12/2019

Beyond our expectations!

We had PSQ at our wedding ceremony on April 12th in Quakertown. It was a Catholic service, and Mugu and his team were incredible! They worked so well with our accompanist & cantor, and paired strings to all of the songs we choose. It was more beautiful than we could have imagined. We cannot wait to get back video so we can relive the music. Mugu and the PSQ team is fabulous to work with - super organized and responsive to all questions. They are all incredibly professional and talented - worth every penny! If you are looking to add strings to your wedding, look no further than PSQ. I highly recommend (plus, their rendition of the Ave Maria will make you cry!) THANK YOU!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank YOU Elena! It was a beautiful day making music for you and your loved ones. Wishing you and mIke all the blessings and happiness!! ❤️
  • Kimi

Kimi · Married on 03/31/2019

Beautiful music and professionals all the way

The best part of my experience with the Philadelphia String Quartet was their professionalism and confidence throughout the wedding planning. On my wedding day, we received compliments on their performance for the ceremony and cocktail hour. I only wished I could have danced more to their music but had bridal duties. The ceremony music was beautiful and made walking down the aisle feel like I was walking on clouds.

Sent on 04/24/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Kimi!! It was an amazing day and an honor to be a part of it! We wish you and Jordan all the very best!!!

Theresa Watson · Married on 03/30/2019

Awesome cocktail hour music!

PSQ was awesome for our cocktail hour! Such a special touch all our guests loved it! Professional from start to finish.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Theresa! It was awesome working with you and celebrating your special day!! We appreciate you!!

Samantha · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful Music

We had PSQ perform at our ceremony at Fairmont Park Horticulture Center. The music was absolutely beautiful. It was so nice that our guests were able to enjoy the music from the moment they walked in to the end of our ceremony. PSQ are talented and professional musicians. We loved having them be a part of our day!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 02/02/2019

PSQ helped make our wedding magical

From the day I called PSQ to get pricing, through hiring them, planning, the actual wedding, and even 2 days after, everyone working with PSQ has made this such a wonderful experience- What an amazing team!!. Katie (the director of client services) was so kind, supportive, and helpful with getting me information and following up with me so that I didn't have to worry about getting back to her. Mugu was amazing, answering all of our questions, helping us plan the order of things in the ceremony, and checking in with us before and after the wedding to make sure we were satisfied. We were more than satisfied!!! All of our wedding guests raved about how beautiful the music was and the magical ambiance PSQ created for us. I would HIGHLY recommend hiring them 😊 Thank you PSQ TEAM!!!
    (attached photo by Tyler Boye)

Sent on 03/23/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 11

Eileen · Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful experience!

Mugu, Miha, all the musicians and the staff we worked with were WONDERFUL! They all were so pleasant and kind to deal with from start to finish. Mugu helped us choose the most beautiful pieces of music for our ceremony - and then helped choose the most fun and modern music for our cocktail hour. These individuals are gifted and talented musicians. They exude joy in their work -- it is clear how much they love what they do! Their spirit comes through in their music and performance and I cannot say enough how amazing they were. Our guests were blown away by their performance...and especially loved how they subtly mingled through the cocktail hour on wireless instruments. PSQ helped make our day beautiful! We would highly recommend them to everyone and we are hoping to find another occasion someday to soon to work with them again! They are wonderful people. Thank you Mugu, Miha and all of your musicians and staff for a terrific experience!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Philadelphia String Quartet 12
    Philadelphia String Quartet 13

Anthony · Married on 10/27/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet Mugu

We are grateful to Mugu and Philadelphia String Quartet for their fantastic performance at our wedding. We hired Mugu and PSQ to play during the arrival of guests, our ceremony and cocktail hour. We also hired one opera and one classical singer to perform with them. Mugu was able to connect with both singers, set up rehearsal times and save the day, literally, when one of our singers was stranded on the road.
    On the day of our wedding, just hours before the ceremony, one of our singers said she was broken down on the highway and could not get to the ceremony in time. Mugu was able to quickly problem solve and reorganize. We arrived at the venue and Mugu found us and said, “Everything is under control, don’t worry we rehearsed and the tenor will sing both songs.” Our ceremony went off with out missing a beat.
    Once the ceremony was over, he and his team repositioned themselves and began playing electric violins with modern and classical music during the cocktail hour. The team created two wonderful vibes and impressed all of our guests. They, for us, were a great fit, have a wonderful stage presentation and possess a style all their own. The team is talented, versatile and professional.
    Our guests are still complementing us on the music weeks after our wedding. I would, without hesitation, highly recommend Mugu and PSQ for any event. Book PSQ for your wedding, corporate event or private party. We will be sure to request them for our next event.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazingly Talented

The members of the Philadelphia String Quartet were wonderful to work with and added such a nice touch to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. They were super responsive during the planning and have a very large selection of music. They listened to our suggestions and music preferences and made our wedding so special!

Sent on 12/09/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Mugu is amazing to work with, the whole team is fantastic! Extremely profession and so much fun! I received so many compliments from the guests at my wedding about how amazing they were from their playing to their song selections to the friendliness of the players. If more than 5 stars was possible I would give them more, would definitely book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/08/2018

lori · Married on 09/01/2018

Words alone can’t express how grateful and thankful my husband and I are for Mugu and the other musicians. Their performances were amazing and outstanding at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour! The wedding was Labor Day weekend and our guests are still talking about the type of classical and modern music that was playing at the ceremony, and the fun and lively music at the cocktail hour that had our guests dancing. The music definitely set the tone for an enjoyable and relaxing evening.. At the last minute, a friend of mine was supposed to have a guitarist perform for our first dance and canceled the day before the wedding. So I called Mugu immediately, and he quickly responded by finding a guitarist for us. He was very attentive and was very professional during our conversations. He eased my anxiety. PSQ were fantastic!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Keisha · Married on 08/25/2018

Mugu and the Philadelphia String Quartet were completely AMAZING at my wedding this past weekend. They made the whole process of booking, planning and executing the wedding easy and fun. My guests could not stop commenting on how wonderful our ceremony and cocktail hour music was, especially the game of thrones theme song on their electric instruments! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 09/02/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you so much Keisha! We're glad you enjoyed our music.

Janell · Married on 07/21/2018

It was a pleasure to work with the staff and musicians of PSQ! They took time to learn of our wishes and style of music for our wedding ceremony. Their response time to any questions or concerns was within 24 hours of reaching out to them. Our string duo sounded beautiful and added an extra personal touch to our wedding. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. We highly recommend PSQ!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Janell you guys are great!

Toula · Married on 07/01/2018

Working with the Philadelphia string Quartet was a great experience ! My son and daughter in law loved having them at their weddding day! They were wonderful during their first dance serenading around them. As well as playing music throughout cocktail hour for every generation to know. They could perform with any song I requested. I would defiantly recommend them and use them in my future events!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you for having us Toula, that was an amazing party!

Lauren · Married on 06/23/2018

My experience with Philadelphia String Quartet was nothing short of amazing! I knew I wanted to have live music at our ceremony and was referred to Mugu and his team by my DJ. When I contacted Mugu, I spoke to him directly and he was very friendly and worked with me to help me figure out exactly what I pictured for the day. I decided to book them and up until the day, they followed up with me multiple times and helped me pick out music I wanted. The wedding was 2 hours outside of Philadelphia and they made the drive out there which was hard to find from anyone else. My ceremony was amazing and exactly what I pictured. They also played during dinner which ended up turning into a dance party! All of my guests were blown away and I couldn’t keep them in their seats! I had multiple friends wish they could re-do their wedding so they could hire PSQ. Thank you Mugu and the team for making my day so perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thanks Lauren we appreciate it!

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

I would highly recommend the Philadelphia String Quartet. They provided music for my daughter's wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Katie Helf and Mugu were extremely personable, easy to work with and made sure that our needs were met. They were extremely accommodating and professional. They were able to play all the songs we requested and made suggestions for others when we were not sure what to choose. The musicians were a wonderful addition to the wedding as the music they played was beautiful. We received many comments on how lovely it was. Out of all the vendors that I worked with on the wedding, they provided the best customer service. I will certainly utilize their services again.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

WOW that's great thank you so much Laura that means a lot for us!

caitlin · Married on 06/01/2018

PSQ was amazing to work with pre-wedding, and the music they provided during our reception and cocktail hour was outstanding! We received so many compliments from our guests who really enjoyed all the different music genres that they played.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caitlin that's so nice of you!

Jilda · Married on 11/25/2017

Incredible customer service from day one. A fabulous company to reach and meet and standards, expectations and desires for your special day. The PSQ performed at the ceremony for my wedding in one of the most beautiful cathedrals in Atlantic City. When the church doors opened and I heard the strings, I felt this ethereal warm glow that bounced off the stained glass to the wooden benches that guided me down the aisle. Thank you guys for keeping my guest entertained for a half hour due to a mishap that causes us to be late! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you!

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Philadelphia String Quartet 14
    Philadelphia String Quartet 15
    Philadelphia String Quartet 16

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Jilda, so happy you enjoyed our music. Nice pics btw :)

Karina · Married on 10/20/2017

Mugu and the entire team at PSQ were wonderful to work with! Mugu was patient and diligent in making sure our music selections represented exactly what we wanted and ensured it blended beautifully together for our ceremony. PSQ traveled to Atlantic City for our wedding in October. Mugu was able to make recommendations based upon our vision and put us at ease throughout the entire process. We are still receiving rave reviews and compliments regarding the stunning performance throughout cocktail hour with the electric instruments! PSQ is passionate about what they do and it is so evident in the way they play. Cannot wait to use their services again and would highly recommend PSQ to any couple looking to add something unique to their wedding day that they will never forget! We would also highly recommend the PSQ team to the LGBT community as this company truly made us feel supported and comfortable during the planning process. Thank you again PSQ!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Karina, we're so happy you enjoyed it. Thank you!

Caren · Married on 08/19/2017

Excellent customer service! A pleasure to work with. I HIGHLY recommend them and would use them again, without question. They truly care about their clients, and their music is beauriful. I can't wait to get the video back!!
    Thank you PSQ!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Philadelphia String Quartet's reply:

Thank you Caren that's great!