Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training Reviews

10 | Bettendorf, IA

10 Reviews for Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training

Stacy Carlton · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Symbis Relationship Counseling

After being with my boyfriend for 6 years you think you know everything about them and think you are on the same page, communication is key and sometimes having a middle man to help with that is the best thing. We are now engaged and I'm so excited to continue working with Nancy to improve our relationship.

Sent on 04/13/2020

N Morrison · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Very friendly and helpful

She was very nice and gave us a great experience. The assessment was helpful and gave us a look into points that we need to further discuss and things we can come back to talk about in the future. Would recommend this to anyone getting married to not only make sure you two are on the same page, but also to learn a bit more that you may not have know about your future spouse.

Sent on 06/11/2020

Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training's reply:

Thanks! I really enjoyed working with the two of you! Keep communicating and you two will do well!
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Amazing Ceremony

We used Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training for premarital counseling and to officiate our wedding. Nancy was very thorough, prompt and professional. She really went above and beyond at our rehearsal and our wedding. She personalized our ceremony and kept us on our time schedule. She made us feel important and she added touches to the ceremony that she learned during the counseling. I am very glad we did the counseling and let her get to know us so she could personalize the ceremony. I would recommend Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/17/2020

Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training's reply:

Thanks Tiffany! You and Seth were so happy throughout the whole process! I am so glad I could help you learn more of the details of how to have a successful marriage! Here's to many, many years of happiness!

Justin Furlough · Married on 09/18/2020

A great start

Put us well at ease! Nancy helped us immensely with the SYMBIS report.

Sent on 04/08/2020

Seth Johnson · Married on 09/12/2020

Wonderful day

Nancy was very professional. She made our ceremony very special.

Sent on 09/17/2020

Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training's reply:

Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day! It was so much fun and beautiful! Best wishes for many, many years of joy and happiness!

Nic Weaver · Married on 09/05/2020

Pre-Marital Symbis Counseling

My fiance and I were unsure what to expect when it came to pre-marital counseling and I think it was pretty apparent when we walked in the door. Nancy did a great job at letting us know the expectations and what to except during this process. My fiance and I have been dating for 7 years and it was very nice to have a 3rd person's insight into our relationship and how we interact. As someone who wasn't quite sure at first, I believe that it helped us fully understand eachother and put words to certain things that we have had trouble verbalizing in the past. I can't recommend Nancy enough!

Sent on 04/16/2020
  • Alex

Alex Durbin · Married on 08/08/2020

Officiant/wedding counselor

Nancy Phelps was so great on every step through this wedding experience. The counseling while I didn’t see the need for it before, I did think it was helpful and refreshing after. Nancy crushed the officiant duties! I was very pleased with the entire ceremony!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Phelps Counseling, Consulting & Training's reply:

Thank you Alex! I had such a great time with you and Hannah! Thanks for the pictures, too! What a fun idea and all was great down to the cookie dough treats and cake!
  • Jenn

Jenn Gull · Married on 06/08/2019

Engaging and Wholeheartedly Helpful

Nancy was a delight to work with during mine and my husband's Symbosis classes. We took our exams and came together with her to navigate through our results as a team. It was eye opening for both of us to see the specific areas in our communication with each other, our own inner feelings regarding certain aspects of our daily living and to sort through how we relate and react towards one another. Nancy was very encouraging and helpful; we both left those sessions with an intentional mindset to be actively aware and engaged with ourselves and each other better. We are really glad we took this course and intend to repeat it every few years for our marriage. We really appreciated everything we learned together and frankly, it helped us grow even closer and we gained even more love one another.

Sent on 04/09/2020

Kristin Kincaide · Married on 09/05/2020

Well worth the time

As a couple who have been dating for the better part of a decade, we didn't know if we would get much out of premarital counseling. However, Nancy opened up communication on some of the intricacies of our personalities and how that can impact our relationship and long-term expectations. She was also very accommodating to our busy schedules. I would recommend her for premarital counseling and would definitely return to her for any other counseling services!

Sent on 06/13/2020