Peter Mahar Photography Reviews

Peter Mahar Photography 6
Peter Mahar Photography 7

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2019

Peter was the BEST!

Peter was so easy to work with, especially for a destination wedding! He met us over FaceTime, and invested in getting to know us so he could really get the best shots for us. He was great with our family too, and not intrusive at all. The photos were early, and amazing! He shared over a blog post right away as well as an easy digital link to download. We are so happy with everything - he and his team are very talented. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Taylor · Married on 09/23/2017

Peter and Susannah were a phenomenal team and captured our wedding in the most perfect light. Our pictures turned out better than we could have ever hoped and I would recommend them for every wedding/engagement (they did both for us). Reasons why we love them--

1) The pictures they take are top notch. I've included attachments of some of my favorites which took a long time to decide on because I loved so many. The quality and style is unrivaled
    2) Their style of capturing the wedding is authentic. Peter and Susannah do a great job of capturing the "in between" moments that really tell the story of the day. Of course they include the standard family and bridal party pictures, but so many of the pictures really capture the vibe of the day. It's the tiny moments without any of the theatrics that are some of my favorites. They found a way to capture the personalities of us, our families, and our guests
    3) Their teamwork and ability to help lead you through the flow of the day are second to none. On the day of the wedding it felt hectic and I wasn't 100% sure where I should have been or what I should have been doing at any given moment. Peter and Susannah helped us with our schedule and walked us through the entire day effortlessly. This was great because I never had to worry about where I had to be next
    4) They are just great people will incredible talent. When were first met them, they took us out for drinks so we could feel out if it was a good fit. Right off the bat you could tell that they love what they do and they love to do it together. This was important to us and the connection we felt with them solidified they were perfect for shooting our wedding. The photographers are there for every little moment of the wedding, so you want to make sure you feel comfortable around them and enjoy their presence. Peter and Susannah exceeded our expectations

Would highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Peter Mahar Photography 13
    Peter Mahar Photography 14
    Peter Mahar Photography 15

Beth · Married on 09/16/2017

Peter and Susannah were phenomenal! They were one of the best parts of our day. Peter is incredibly personable and easy to talk to. His prep beforehand was extremely helpful determining our timeline and working through what we really wanted. They are both so fun and enthusiastic about their work, and we definitely felt that on wedding day. They made us feel at ease and comfortable. My mom, sisters, and I had the most amazing/fun time getting me into my dress. Susannah was there and shot some of my favorite photos of the day. She captured the moments that I will remember forever and was so easy-going and made me feel comfortable. Their work will remain with us for the rest of our lives, and we could not have chosen a better photographer. Their work speaks for itself. My only regret is that it took me a year to write this review, because they are the best!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Peter Mahar Photography 16
    Peter Mahar Photography 17

Lauren · Married on 09/09/2017

If I could give more than 5 stars I absolutely would. I chose Peter and Susannah to shoot our engagement photos as well as our wedding day. My husband and I are not the type that are constantly taking pictures together so thinking of doing a whole photo session was a little nerve racking. From the start we fell in love with Peter and Susannah. I spent forever going through photographer after photographer and looking through all their pictures... their photos were not like anyone else's I had seen. They capture genuine moments and expressions that you feel like you get to relive when you look at the photos. When I contacted them stating I was interesting in using them for wedding they set up a time to go have lunch with us and to get to know us. They are easy to talk with, friendly and you can tell they know what they are doing. Our engagement photo session was a blast! I never thought I would have so much fun taking pictures.
    For the wedding... just wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my photos. Ladies your photos (unless you are getting your wedding video recorded) is the only thing you really take with you from the wedding. GET THEM DONE RIGHT!
    Peter and Susannah not only took amazing photos but they helped with make sure we kept to a time schedule... Peter helped kept the groom and the boys on track while Susannah was with me and the girls while we were getting ready. It was perfect. Having two professional photographers was awesome! My wedding would not have been the same without them and I simply cannot thank them enough. They are FANTASTIC photographers. They are funny, kind, professional,unique and the cutest couple ever themselves.
    You absolutely cannot go wrong with choosing them. I HIGHLY encourage it. My sister has decided to use them for some of her upcoming family maternity photos because of how great they are. Its worth the money! You get what you spend with photographers. Best decision we ever made!! Love you guys!! Thank you!

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Peter Mahar Photography 25
    Peter Mahar Photography 26
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/05/2017

Love, love, love our photos from Peter and Susannah! They were so helpful in thinking through the little details of the day as we planned our wedding from the opposite coast and exuded a calm, positive energy that helped us keep our cool the day-of. They were able to go from capturing our large family formals, to the pant-busting moves on the dance floor and really highlighted the moments we hold most dear. Thank you for all your thoughtful touches and the photos that we will cherish for a life time!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Alexis · Married on 07/17/2017

Holy smokes!!! Can we give them a 10 out of 5 star rating?! As I'm sure many of you can relate, the idea of being the subject of thousands of photos was extremely daunting for my husband and I. Enter Peter and Susannah. These two are nothing short of amazing! Peter and Susannah are not only extremely talented photographers, they each possess an adventurous spirit that is utterly contagious. I mean who else is climbing over boulders while 8 and a half months pregnant in the Gorge then enthusiastically agrees to fly down to Mexico a few months later to a whirlwind of a wedding weekend?
    While I will let their amazing photos speak for itself, the experience of working with Peter and Susannah is one we will never forget. My husband and I both felt as if we were hanging out with lifelong friends that just happen to be snapping some pictures along the way, yet somehow the end result was an incredible collection of photos that truly captured the emotions of the day. There are no other photographers we would have preferred to laugh, we cry and SWEAT with than Peter and Susannah. From the first minute of our engagement shoot to our tequila-infused hugs at 2 AM in the Playa del Carmen hotel lobby, we will cherish every minute of the experience. We cannot wait to work with them again in the future!
    Seriously, wedding planning can be a super stressful time full of an overwhelming about of decisions to be made. Make the process a little bit easier on yourself - Hire Peter and Susannah! You will not regret it :)

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Peter Mahar Photography 32
    Peter Mahar Photography 33
    Peter Mahar Photography 34

Anna · Married on 06/25/2017

Peter and Susannah were a joy to work with. They were open and caring in our initial conversation about their services, and kept in touch with helpful ideas up to the wedding. They kept us genuinely smiling and laughing throughout our big day, and the moments they captured were the heart and soul of our day and the people we love. We love their style and personalities, and recommend them in a heartbeat! Worth every penny for the way their capture lifetime memories.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Rachel · Married on 02/11/2017

Not only did we get amazing photos of our wedding, super quickly and packaged pretty awesomely, working with Peter was a fun experience for everyone. Prep before the wedding was super thorough, which gave me huge peace of mind about how we'd get the pictures we were hoping for throughout our wedding day. On the day of, Peter was upbeat and quick, getting so many moments captured at different locations even while working solo (Susannah couldn't make it). He put up with the elements on our cold Alaskan winter wedding day, and took advantage of all the snow's magic despite how uncomfortable it must've been to be working outside for as long as he was. Despite the typical harried chaos of the day, he was patient and cheerful, helping us all feel comfortable being photographed and making it a lot more fun than I've ever experienced wedding pictures to be! Several of the bridal party mentioned to me how much fun he made a typically painful (unfortunate but true) part of the day, and I think it shows in all the pictures I have of us all at ease and happy. I'm so so grateful for all the work Peter put into our wedding photos- going above and beyond and providing us with spectacularly captured memories that will be cherished forever.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Abigail · Married on 01/15/2017

There was over 3 ft of snow the day of our wedding! Everything got changed at the last minute, but Peter was prepared for everything! We wanted snowy, outdoor photos and he was extremely willing to put up with the 20 degree temperature. Peter's awesome, fun personality made us forget about the cold.
    Our pictures were absolutely breathtaking, and we get compliments all the time. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and would definitely recommend Peter Mahar Photography!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Peter Mahar Photography 35
    Peter Mahar Photography 36
    Peter Mahar Photography 37

Peter Mahar Photography's reply:

Thank you so much guys! You both were amazing in that cold too!
  • Cathleen

Cathleen · Married on 11/04/2016

As soon as my husband and I met with Peter and his wife, I knew they were the ones I wanted to be my photographers. I have bad General anxiety, with them I never had an ounce of anxiety on my wedding day. Between the two, someone was always right there taking pictures.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Maryam · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I hired Peter and Susannah to photograph our wedding, and they were absolutely amazing. They were such a pleasure to work with, and the end results beautifully captured our special day.

In the lead up to the wedding, Peter was easy to communicate with and made the planning process really effortless and streamlined for me. I also love that Peter doesn't have any of the hidden costs that a lot of photographers have where you get really basic service and everything extra is more so you don't really know what you'll end up paying. We also met up for a drink in Oregon city to all get to know each other a bit before the big event and it was so fun to hang out (and they suggested a really cool tap room to boot!).

On the day of, Peter and Susannah arrived early and were ready to go. My husband who hates having photographs taken was put at ease by them, and they were able to capture us in our element. They were also excellent at graciously corralling stray family and friends for our formal shoots. At the ceremony and reception, they just blended in with the crowd effortlessly and captured so many amazing candid moments.

The photos that they took at our wedding were absolutely incredible. They capture the event, and our love, and look so so stunning. I could not have asked for better photographers and am so happy they were available for our event!

Sent on 08/16/2016

melissa · Married on 08/27/2016

Peter and Susannah were a great team and made us feel so special throughout this process. They were very attentive to our needs. My husband and I typically are very camera shy and don't know how to pose, they helped us through the whole process and made us feel like we knew what we were doing. They were able to work with our large group and each picture captured the emotion of the moment. The personal touches that they do only add to an already perfect team.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Anna · Married on 08/13/2016

My husband and I could not be more happy with the photos! Thank you so much for capturing this day. And thank you SO MUCH for just being awesome and wonderful to be around during the day too. You certainly helped put us at ease and feel good about how we looked!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Danielle · Married on 07/16/2016

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Peter & Susannah. My husband and I live in New York, and were planning our wedding in Portland, which is where my family resides. While it's home, it felt like planning a destination wedding. We were immediately struck by their portfolio. All of the photos were gorgeous and had a common thread: The pure joy and emotion in all the photos. Everyone looked just so HAPPY. I feel like you see a lot of wedding photographer portfolios, and they're generally filled with what I call "Wedding Glamour Shots," where the bride looks like she's trying to be a delicate model in Vogue and the husband is just kind of an accessory. When thinking about what I wanted in my wedding photos, this was not it. I'm not a stunning model bride. I'm not delicate. It'd be a joke to hang these photos in my living room. We knew they had our style when we saw the stories they were able to tell in photos. We initiated contact, and since we were 3,000 miles away, Peter and Susannah actually got on Skype with us to feel each other out. This really set the tone for our relationship with them. I've gotta say, after all is said and done, not only did they deliver absolutely amazing photos, but they continually exceeded our expectations. From regular communication, to meeting with us in person to create a timeline, they went out of our way to make us feel like we were their only clients. Running out of words, but suffice to say, our photos turned out absolutely amazingly, and they have gone above and beyond anything I had expected. I will absolutely cherish these amazing photos forever, and each time I look at them, I tell myself how we hired the right people and that they were worth every--and I mean every--penny. I can't recommend this couple highly enough.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/09/2016

I could go on and on about the services that Peter and Susannah provide. They were a dream to work with. We did out engagement photos with them after a fun skype call where we all got to meet each other. They made us feel at ease from the get-go. Our wedding day was a breeze (for us :D). Peter and Susannah had already scoped out our venue so they knew the best spots, and we were able to take our photos quickly and efficiently - letting us get on with our party! The photos were in our hands literally 2.5 weeks after our wedding, and they are perfect. One of my favorite parts about their entire business is how they personalize the relationship with you. For instance, when they sent us our photos, they sent them in a cigar box (we had a cigar bar at our wedding)! How creative! I wish we could get married again just so we could hang out with Peter and Susannah!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Sunitha · Married on 07/02/2016

Peter and Susannah are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. We felt so incredibly lucky and blessed to have them photograph our special day. They truly captured the spirit of our wedding day and I think it’s because they just love their jobs so much. Their positive energy brought out the best in us and we felt at ease taking pictures. It was so much fun!

They also went above and beyond for us. Peter delivered my wedding dress to the venue after one of the buses broke down and Susannah was grabbing me water all while taking incredible pictures. Seriously these people are magical. I still can’t believe they exist.

I will also say they are super professional. They were always on top of any questions I had and kept you update to date on everything. I wish my husband and I could get married one more time just to work with them again! I know who I will be calling when we renew our vows :)

Thank you so much, Peter and Susannah, and congratulations on your new bundle of joy!

Sent on 09/23/2016
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 04/24/2016

Would highly recommend Peter and Susannah to everyone! They shot for our wedding and did an amazing job!! They're super awesome people and awesome to work with! They skyped us a couple times leading up to the wedding (since we were in different states) to give us all the info we needed and answer any questions we had. We didn't have to worry about the photography at all leading up to the day. The day of the wedding they were even better then we could have hoped for! They got to the venue early (even beating the bride!) and were happy and helpful the whole day! Their pictures are amazing!! They were great to work with, made us feel totally comfortable, and captured beautiful moments in pictures! Even after the wedding, they were quick to get us the pictures, and very helpful with questions we had after about what to order. We got their album too, and it's beautifully put together! The pictures captured the day beautifully and it was very pleasant having them there with us! So glad they were able to fit us into their busy schedule with our short notice! Can't thank them enough!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/16/2016

If you are trying to decide if you want to book Peter to capture your special moment, day, or memory, all you have to do is look at his portfolio. He does amazing work, every time, regardless of location, weather, circumstances- he is WONDERFUL! Not only are he and his colleague Susannah extremely skilled, they have an amazing energy that is wonderful on the big day. If just the portfolio isn't enough, book a meeting with Peter and Susannah- you will not regret it. They are wonderful, caring people with a passion for their work and it shows the second you meet them (you end up wanting to be their best friend!). They work to get you exactly what you want - focused on your personality and your wants, and they remember what you tell them. They are excellent communicators, replying in a timely manner to all different kinds of communication (phone calls, email, text). They follow up when they say they will (usually earlier, actually). When it comes to the cost, they were willing to work with us to create a specific package that included the things we wanted, in a price range we could afford. Also, we were very nervous about having our pictures taken, but Peter and Susannah made it a blast. By the time we were down with our engagement session, we were actually excited for them to shoot our wedding. To top it all off, they have the cutest packaging they send your package to you in! If I had it to do over, I would hire them in a heart beat- and I plan to in the future, if I need professional photographers again. I recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Tate · Married on 09/12/2015

We are so happy with our experience with Peter and Suzannah. Our photos are beautiful, we have been getting compliments from everyone... but more importantly we feel like they capture the mood of the day and all of the love that we felt/fun we had. They are a team that compliment each other so well, Suzannah is so calm, it was really nice to have such a relaxing presence while we were in the chaos of getting ready... it also makes it a lot less awkward to have someone taking pictures of you getting ready :). Peter on the other hand is full of energy and amazing at making you laugh and feel great about yourself.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Peter Mahar Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Tate! You two were such an honor to photograph--the love (and partying!) at your wedding were a beautiful thing to behold, and you were so gracious and awesome to get to know. We are so grateful to have been able to witness your wedding!

Audra · Married on 09/05/2015

Peter and Susannah were an absolute joy to work with. I'm not exactly the quickest to respond to emails but they were always very patient and understanding. We met with them prior to signing our contract to ensure they were a good match to be our photographers. At that point they went over in length their pricing, packages, and showed us samples of their previous weddings. The meeting was very informal and causal and provided a good opportunity to ask any questions. We did most of our communication via email which was preferable for me since I work night shift. They worked out a great wedding day itinerary with us that included a shot list of photos that we wanted to have taken. It was all a very simple and easy process. The day of the wedding I showed up and they were already there taking photos of the venue and our family and friends. It was a wonderful and fun filled day and we were so glad they could be a part of it. After the wedding they posted pictures to their wedding blog within the week which was so nice because everyone wants to see pictures of your wedding. It definitely takes away from the anticipation of waiting to see the official product and is a nice little preview of things to come. Peter emailed us to let us know he had shipped us our photo and when they arrived they were packaged so nicely. You can tell that Peter and Susannah really take special care and love what they do as it shows in even the little details. Chris and I loved sitting down next to one another and looking through the pictures of our big day. It felt like we were reliving it all over again. Peter and Susannah captured such wonderful moments of our wedding. Chris and I definitely feel very blessed that they could be our photographers for our special day! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/08/2015

Peter and his lovely wife Susannah were photography perfection. After meeting with them for the first time, we knew we HAD to ask them to be there for our big day. We had our engagement pictures taken by The Mahars, which definitely helped us get to know them (and vice versa), which I believe definitely made us more comfortable in front of the camera on our wedding day. After that, they felt like long lost friends! Peter did a fabulous job at *kindly* directing our families while we were taking photos, which is no small task. We were so thankful to have a photography duo, because Susannah was able to capture precious moments of my family members and bridesmaids while the ladies were getting ready while Peter took groomsmen portraits. The whole day worked this way; while Peter was shooting our bride and groom portraits, Susannah took photos of our family and friends during the cocktail hour (moments we otherwise would have completely missed out on). I've already suggested Peter to several friends and hope we cross paths with them again someday!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Keely · Married on 07/04/2015

Where do I even start with this couple...they are AMAZING! My fiancé and I had set up a few meeting with difference photographers but as soon as we met Peter and Susannah we knew we wanted them for our wedding. They have a great energy about them and you can tell they love what they do...and each other very much! They both made us feel like they where as excited as we where that we where getting married! I think it's safe to say we had a couples crush on these guys! I told them what our budget was and what I wanted and they created a package that was exactly what we where looking for in our prize rage. At first I didn't think I needed engagement pictures done but I am so glad I did because they turned out sooo good and I can't even tell you how many compliments we get on them. The two of them made us feel extremely comfortable and where able to really capture who we are. No stuffy, stiff posed pictures...they got real Smiles and real emotions from us. On our wedding day they both came about 2 hours before we had originally scheduled them so they could make sure to get some "getting ready pictures"....and all they wanted for that extra time was some lunch! Are you kidding me..who does that!!?! They did because they are AWESOME! All of our wedding party had a blast with them...(I have never seen guys so pumped to take pictures). Your wedding day is full of emotions that you normally don't show the whole world but Peter and Susannah are so respectful of the day and all the emotions that come with it. These two are amazing photographers and amazing people. I will always recommend them to everyone and continue to use them in the future.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Chelsea · Married on 05/24/2015

Peter And his wife Susannah were such wonderful people work with and are just wonderful people in general. We booked them for our wedding after our original photographer fell through, we had booked them about a month out of our wedding and they were so kind to work with us and guide us on such short notice. On the actual wedding day they managed to stay back and take many wonderful candid shots but they also had fun with us when taking portraits and were just fun people! We went on our honeymoon and a few days into our honeymoon they had already sent us a wonderful sneak peek of our pictures and we we're already excited for the rest! About a little over two weeks from the wedding we received a package in a mail with all our pictures! The presentation was just perfect with that, it came with all our pictures on a thumb drive, a canvas print, a few printed pictures, and even candy and a thank you note! This couple goes above and beyond for their customers to say the least. The pictures themselves were amazing quality, so clear an natural looking we were in love with them. All our family and friends has complimented them too, even saying how amazing the photographers did and how there some of the best wedding pictures they've ever seen! we would recommend Peter Mahar photography to everyone and anyone! Thanks so much Peter And Susannah!

Sent on 06/17/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Peter and Susannah were incredible to work with! My husband and I were referred to them by another photographer we found online and could not be more thankful for the referral! Peter sent out a great, easy to follow shot list questionnaire far in advance that really helped us think through what we hoped for in photos, and gave great prompts to photo ideas we probably wouldn't have thought of but are so happy we included! After I sent in the shortlist Peter called me and we had a great in depth conversation about who my husband and I are as a couple and how we wanted that portrayed on our wedding day. Our wedding truly would not have been the same without these tag team photographers. They were very thorough, professional, and most of all friendly and fun to work with! They made it easy for us to just enjoy the day being us and celebrating with a great party with friends. We have loved looking over our photos and reminiscing (we really can't get enough!). They also did a great job getting the photos out in an amazingly timely fashion- especially for how beautiful/high quality the photos are. Peter and Susannah are true artists of their trade and we are so grateful they chose this life path! My husband and I have recommended this team to our already engaged friends and will continue to do so as others take the leap :) We can't thank this great couple enough for such a great experience!

Sent on 09/30/2014