Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers Reviews

33 | Plainfield, IL

33 Reviews for Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers

Marissa · Married on 10/14/2017

Sue and her assistant did an AMAZING job on all of our wedding flowers. I was not a bride that wanted certain flowers and was going more for a rustic, fall look. Sue exceeded all our expectations and created the most beautiful, unique flowers I have ever seen! She even set-up small vignettes in pouring rain outside our ceremony space and moved them inside to our reception space afterwards! We was such a joy to work with and we feel very lucky to have found her!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/31/2015

Sue did an amazing job with our flowers! They were everything that I had envisioned. I had brought in some paint chips and some pictures for inspiration. Sue brought the ideas to life (they looked better than the inspirations)! Each bridesmaid had a different accent color and Sue did a marvelous job making sure that she got the colors just right. Our guests could not stop taking about our centerpieces and how unique the succulents were. Sue is very resourceful and is capable of using flowers from the ceremony for the reception! She also did a wonderful job communicating with us throughout the entire process. She is very devoted to her clients! Our Day of the Dead wedding was colorful and festive because of Sue!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Kelsey · Married on 10/11/2015

Working with Sue was awesome! She was extremely helpful in taking the very vague ideas that I had and turning them into realities. The flowers were beautiful and everything that I had wanted!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Sue was fantastic! I met her at a bridal expo and booked an appointment with her. I provided her my budget and based on that she was able to share an array of ideas. She did all the thinking for me...which I appreciated considering I really didn't have a specific vision. Everything turned out beautiful!! I would definitely refer her to friends and family.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Sue was very flexible with my hectic schedule for visits considering I was from out of town, and she was able to do what I wanted within my price range. She was very knowledgeable on different flower types in my color scheme, season (and my budget). On my wedding day when I was a frantic mess, all of the flowers ended up being where they needed to be without me having to pay any attention. She even was able to use ribbon from my mom's dress on selected bouquets for my sisters and me.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Kate · Married on 11/01/2014

I don't know if there is enough space to write about how much I loved working with Sue. I gave her a budget that any other florist would have laughed at me over. I met with 2 other florists and I when the total came out to be 3x our budget I knew I had to try a different route, so I went online. I am so glad that I did. She worked with me to meet my budget and when I realized that I wanted a little more I increased it just a bit and she altered alot of our already made plans to fit the new budget. Her attention to detail went above and beyond anything I could have expected. She also saved the day. When my cake came in the door it was atrocious! She had extra flowers in a vase for emergency and she made it beautiful. Thank you so much, Sue. Our wedding would not have been what it was without you!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Hannah · Married on 08/16/2014

We ultimately chose Sue because we felt she best understood our overall vision for what we wanted our wedding to look like. We felt very confident in her abilities and she did not disappoint!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Angela · Married on 08/01/2014

Let me start by saying the thing I loved most from our wedding day was our flowers by Sue from Petals. She is so creative, her attention to detail is phenomenal and she exceeded our expectations like no other! I wish I could include pictures on this review so everyone can see how very talented she is. She uses every bit of flower that she orders for your wedding and it shows! Sue is warm, welcoming and we now consider her a friend! We highly, highly recommend her!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Megan · Married on 07/25/2014

First of all, Sue is an absolute angel! She supplied the most gorgeous flowers for our wedding. My colors were yellow, gray and teal and she was able to make to most unique flower arrangements that I have ever seen! Sue went above and beyond to make sure our decorations and flowers were perfect by staying through the ceremony and into the reception. She also saw that before the wedding I was starting to get flustered and immediately got me some water to help me calm down. It was like working with a very close family member. When I need flowers for an event, I will only go with Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers because Sue and her husband are WONDERFUL!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Lindsey · Married on 07/19/2014

From the moment I met Sue (owner) and her daughter, Lucy, at Whitetail Ridge, I knew that Petals was the perfect florist for my 7-19-14 wedding. Sue met with me numerous times for hours to discuss my vision. She was always patient, attentive to any of my questions or needs, extremely organized, and very hospitable to me each time I visited her home to discuss our wedding further. She made me feel so comfortable and at ease, that I had no question that she would do a wonderful job at our wedding. The day of the wedding, I was blown away! She made sure to drop off our absolutely gorgeous bouquets to my mom's house, then went to decorate our church and drop off flowers to my husband, etc, then off to decorate our venue at Whitetail. She and her daughter decorated 28 lanterns, as well as, our entire venue. It was perfect and took my breath away. It exceeded anything I ever dreamed of and the flower arrangements were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. Sue and Lucy went above and beyond to make our day perfect. I will never be able to thank them enough and I highly, HIGHLY recommend Petals for every wedding! Wonderful, sweet people who will forever hold a special place in my heart. Thank you so much for making my vision come true.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Catherine · Married on 07/11/2014

Sue is amazing! She works with you through all the details and the cost for our wedding was awesome!

Sent on 08/06/2014

thank you Catherine. All happiness to you and your Husband

Breann · Married on 06/27/2014

Sue was unbelievable to work with! She understood my vision of the flowers and decor right away and provided wonderful suggestions to make it even more beautiful! The bouquets and centerpieces exceeded my expectations and were absolutely breathtaking! The day after the wedding when I was able to bring all of the flowers home, I seriously stared at the beauty of the flowers in awe! Sue is a very talented and helpful flower professional and is sure to make any special event as gorgeous as she did mine!

Sent on 08/08/2014

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

Thank you, Briann. You and your Mom were wonderful and so much fun to work with. From the video you posted with Jacob Henry, it looked like the reception was a smashing success and loads of fun!
    Congratulations and best wishes for a loving and happy life together.

Angela · Married on 06/14/2014

Sue is THE BEST! She is so friendly, personable, and caring. When we first met with her I was amazed at how welcoming she was. She always responded to my emails promptly and was so understanding when along the way I wanted to tweak a few things. She even made some adjustments/additions free of charge which blew us away! The attention to detail is impeccable. The day of the wedding Sue and her husband completely stepped up and took over the decorating when things got a little crazy prior to the ceremony! They did an amazing job and everything was set up just as I would have done it. Sue even had some leftover flowers that went with our color scheme from a wedding the day before and she added them in free of cost! In addition she added some decor touches that I was not expecting and I loved it! The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Typically at weddings I see the bride practically forcing guests to take centerpieces home at the end of the night... this was not the case for us! EVERYONE wanted to take home some flowers because they were so pretty! I will recommend Petals to all of my family and friends. The quality of service is unmatched!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much! You were so fun to work with and I thought all the details came together beautifully! Even the weather was perfect!! Thank you for the shout-out to my Husband. He is so much more than the "Logistical Coordinator" for Petals. He is really our un-sung Hero. I love working with Him!
    Congratulations and best wishes for a long, loving and happy union.

Alicia · Married on 05/31/2014

Sue was amazing!! I would recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful flowers at their wedding. She met with me several times to discuss what I wanted and made all my ideas and visions come to life! Everyone at my wedding loved all the work she did. She truly cared about making my day special.

Sent on 12/16/2014

lisa · Married on 05/03/2014

Sue was AMAZING! The flower arrangements were BEAUTIFUL!!! And her prices were unbelievable. Sue went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 05/29/2014

Polly · Married on 09/27/2013

Sue is an amazing person to work with! Her flowers were beautiful and she always made sure everything was perfect! Could not have selected anyone better! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Sue is an absolute gem and truly set the scene for our Wedding! Right off the bat, she was the first florist I met with to think outside the box and incorporate the theme in which I was looking for all along. With her incredible acumen, she was able to paint the scene of the day and use elements that didn't even cross my mind; additionally, she worked well within our budget by coming up with ways to repurpose the arrangements between the ceremony and reception. She went over and above any of my expectations- incredibly easy to work with, made us feel like we were her top priority, and stayed most of the day to set-up, break-down, and transport our pieces from one venue to the other.
    I would recommend Sue to anyone looking for breath-taking decor for their event. Not only will she do a phenomenal job, but she will become part of the family.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Abigail · Married on 09/14/2013

Our big day would not have come together without Sue. She was absolutely fabulous in every way. She not only understood our vision, but added so much more to it! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/31/2013

Sue, the owner of Petals, is amazing. I'm a big Disney lover and I wanted to have a subtle Disney theme to the wedding. My idea was to have different elements of the wedding represent various princess movies, in a classy way. Sometimes Disney weddings can come off as tacky, and that was the last thing I wanted. I love garden flowers and roses, so I wanted to use those in our bouquets and then for the centerpieces, I wanted to represent the movie Beauty and the Beast. When I met with Sue for the initial consultation, I had the beginnings of an idea for centerpieces, which involved a rose under a glass dome, flowers in teapots, and candelabras. Sue was able to flesh out my ideas into something that was beautiful beyond words.

My mom and I talked with another florist before meeting Sue, and that person treated my idea like the work in being creative wasn't worth the effort and she'd rather just put expensive flowers in a pretty vase. She wasn't excited to be doing something different. Sue, on the other hand, looked like she'd been stuck by creative lightening once she understood my idea and made me feel like it was the best idea she'd ever heard. Whether or not that was the case, it still meant a lot to me that she was willing to go the distance and think out of the box in order to help me achieve my vision for the wedding.

Everything was beautiful and I couldn't have been happier with how all the flowers turned out. The teapots were featured as both aisle decorations in the ceremony and centerpieces at the reception. We had a floral archway that perfectly framed my husband and I in many of the photos. My bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets, and the boutonnieres were exactly how I wanted them. And the Beauty and the Beast centerpieces stole the show. In a word, they were elegant.

In case it's not obvious, I highly recommend Sue (and Petals) for anyone who wants a florist who is dedicated, creative, and produces beautiful floral arrangements.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

Sam - thank you for such a wonderful review, but the ideas were all YOU! I had an absolute blast working with you, and your Mom and the flowers and colors you chose! Wish we could do it all again....it was a great day. By-the-way, your Mom graciously gave me one of the teapots from your wedding. I will cherish it always. Thank you for letting me part of your day and the beginning of your new life. I hope you keep in touch.

Sue

Allison · Married on 08/17/2013

Petals had done my wedding at the Jacob Henry Mansion in August. They did an amazing job. The flowers turned out absolutely beautiful and Sue was a great person to work with. She really helped me find my vision and provided exactly what I wanted. She was incredibly easy to work with and she is extremely skilled in what she does! I would absolutely recommend petals and would definitely use them again!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

Thank you Allison! Your wedding in the flower garden at Jacob Henry was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect! Thank you for letting me part of your Wedding Day.

I cannot express how much I loved working with Petals. They were absolutely wonderful and exceeding my expectations. The flowers for my wedding were SO beautiful, I could not have asked for more. I would recommend Petals to anyone and everyone!!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Amy · Married on 05/17/2013

I had seen Sues great work at other weddings I had attended, and thought she did an amazing job. Then came my wedding day. I couldn't have asked for anything more. What Sue created was exactly what I wanted. She was always friendly, professional, and answered all my questions. She was super reliable and her prices were great. I would recommend anyone and everyone get there flowers done by Sue!!!

Sent on 10/05/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2012

Sue was so helpful and kind throughout the whole process. She has a vast knowledge of flowers which was great since I was a bit vague about what I wanted. Everything turned out beautiful and it was wonderful working with her! She also is extremely well priced for how beautiful her work is!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

thank you! It was wonderful working with you.

Bethany · Married on 06/23/2012

Sue, from Petals, has the extraordinary talent of making you feel at ease from the moment you meet her while delivering exactly what you wanted and more for your wedding day.

She loves what she does and it shows. Flowers you had your heart set on not in season? No problem. Sue will find a “better than you could’ve imagined alternative”. When I arrived for our appointment, she had the alternatives ready to show me. I loved the bouquet she put together for me and watched, in awe, as she arranged it, asking my likes and dislikes while she performed her magic.

She went above and beyond…she even made our sweets table look magical. I couldn’t have asked for more beautiful bouquets and table arrangements. Even though ranunculas were out of season (early summer weather), she surprised me and had them added to my bouquet. Just mine. It made me feel that much more special.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Judy · Married on 06/02/2012

Sue Essig, owner of Petals, supplied flowers for my daughters wedding. The flowers were breathtaking and Sue was wonderful to work with. I would recommend her 100%! She does absolutely beautiful work.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Petals, Custom Wedding Flowers's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Stay cool and have a great summer.

Sue