Perpetual Sound LLC Reviews

173 | Springfield, VA

173 Reviews for Perpetual Sound LLC

• Masha

Masha Trimble · Getting married on 09/12/2020

Craig is literally the best vendor you will ever have

I was very particular when choosing my vendors for my wedding. I am not easily blown away. When I say Craig will be the best vendor you have, I am not kidding. He is not only the sweetest person, but he also can throw a BIG party and get your guests dancing (even those guests that typically don't). His uplighting was spectacular, his audio services were amazing. He was so great to work with, and he was SO understanding and really listened to you. If you are looking for a DJ, I am telling you - book him right now. You will not regret it and he will make this wedding planning experience enjoyable and easier for you.

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany S · Married on 02/12/2020

Dj craig is the best

DJ Craig is an OUTSTANDING DJ!!! He came highly recommended from two of my very best friends, and he did not disappoint. Jon and I met Craig at a coffee shop about a year before our wedding, and we had the best time just spending time with him. He is super chill and fun to be around, but he is also an extremely talented DJ. Once we started talking about music, I was really impressed with his knowledge and his ability to come up with great songs and ideas off the top of his head.

A month or so before the wedding, Craig sent us a google drive to work on with him. We were able to write out all our song ideas and collaborate with Craig here which was an awesome way to work. The week of our wedding, we had a call with Craig to go through the entire timeline and he was so organized and ready to go!

Craig was AMAZING at the wedding! He took care of our ceremony music, cocktail hour music, and the music at the reception. I don't know how he did it, but he really killed it! The music was all on point, and our guests were dancing the entire night! He knew exactly what to play and when to play it, and I can't recommend Craig enough. If you are looking for a DJ, then go with DJ CRAIG!!!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

Cari · Married on 11/08/2019

Craig is the TRUE MVP!

I don’t even know where to begin! Craig was my favorite vendor to work with! He really listened to me and what my vision was with my wedding day music. My dance floor was packed the entire wedding! So many of my guests were raving about how wonderful he did and all of the hits he kept playing. He really knows how to read the crowd and he’s so much fun while he does it. My husband and I want to throw another party just so we can hire Craig again. DEFINITELY recommend if you want to have the best party of your life!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony Tamburro · Married on 10/26/2019

Professional, talented, and great to work with.

Craig was fantastic to work with. His passion for his craft is obvious. Our initial consult was very informative and straightforward. Our communications during the months leading up to the big day were just as easy- he provided guidance on both music and the event itself. He was flexible and more than reasonable accommodating last minute changes, including some major ones that through a lot of chaos into the week before the wedding. His work pre-wedding was enough for a five star review in itself.
    The reception went off as well as we hoped. As an MC Craig was very professional and personable- he was authentic and excited without being overbearing or trying to be a center of attention; he kept things moving when they needed prodding and helped restore some order when they didn't. Craig was great on the decks, even working in some electronic music we requested (thoughtfully waiting until the bride and I were on the floor to drop some Gareth Emery), and had an extensive library of tracks. He read the room and kept a great balance of up and down tempo tracks so that the dance floor was never empty. I can honestly say that he was the best wedding DJ I've seen, in terms of both skill and execution.
    Overall we cannot say enough good things about Craig and Perpetual Sound. We'd hire him in a heartbeat for any other events in the DC/NOVA area and would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • O

Olivia Calzada · Married on 10/13/2019

Best wedding DJ!

Craig was AMAZING. He was a phenomenal DJ-- kept everyone dancing, entertained, but was never cheesy or awkward. But he truly went above and beyond. He provided mics for my officiant, ceremony musicians, cocktail hour musicians, and everyone's speeches. He provided TONS of beautiful uplights and was so easy going. But best part was the music was perfect for us. MUST HIRE!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Kimberly · Married on 10/05/2019

Best DJ on the Planet!

Craig kept the dance floor packed all night long! I wish we could get married again just to hire Craig for another dance party. We could not have selected a better DJ than this guy! Thanks again, Craig!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Degnan · Married on 09/21/2019

Thank you Craig!!

Our experience with Craig was wonderful from the very first phone call. He answered every question we had, and was also very responsive to any follow up emails. He followed through with all of our music requests and offered helpful advice throughout the planning process regarding the flow of the reception, which we really appreciated. Everyone had a great time dancing - seriously, the dance floor was PACKED the entire night. In fact, several of our guests commented to us after the wedding about how great the music was! Our wedding was perfect, and Craig was one of the reasons why. I will be recommending him as a DJ to my friends for any of their weddings in the VA or DC area for the future. Thank you, Craig, for all you did for us!

Sent on 04/06/2020
  • Jesse

Jesse · Married on 08/23/2019

Unsung hero

To call Craig our music man is an absolute understatement. From our first call with Craig we could tell he was the DJ for us. He kept the crowd pumped and dancing all night. If you’re looking for a DJ to keep the energy going, Craig is your guy.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Dee

Dee A. · Married on 08/17/2019

Best of the Best...

If you want to have a DJ who will make your event memorable, then you have found him! DJ Craig is the ultimate. He is personable, professional and and extraordinary at his craft! I had a blow out 50th birthday and my guests raved about Craig that night- and over a month later I am still getting such positive feedback from my guests about him. Without a doubt, he transformed a great event into a spectacular one. Craig is genuinely interested in making your event special. The equipment he provides is top notch and he has an innate ability to read a crowd like no other DJ that I have ever experienced! Sure, he gets a list of your likes and dislikes, but he doesn’t just make a play list prior to the event and then make a few changes here and there during the event. He does sooooo much more than that- he actively watches the scene to determine the pulse of the crowd, has a read on what type of music is keeping your guests on the dance floor, and then plays such great tunes that no one wants to leave (the dance floor or the party)!! His song selection is vast and varied- in honor of my 50th he played tunes from all five decades all the way from classic rock to electronic new age! He is the Pied Piper of Parties- he doesn’t need any gimmicks to get guests dancing- he just applies his craft and people head to the dance floor! If you want the best of the best for your event, you don’t have to look any further… Craig is your guy!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/20/2019

Craig deserves more than 5 stars!

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. Craig was so wonderful from start to finish. He was incredibly friendly and helpful answering my questions before we even booked him, and once we did, he was flexible, knowledgeable, and super accommodating. He has a very easy system to organize what songs you want at your wedding and even assists with organizing your reception time line.
    Our dance floor was packed the entire night. He played a really good mix of old and new and transitioned from song to song at the right times. Everyone told me afterwards that they loved the music and had a blast dancing.
    He doesn’t try to make awkward jokes on the mic or make the night about him the way I’ve seen some DJs do. But he is still an incredibly personable, friendly vendor. I always enjoyed speaking with him and didn’t stress once about the music.
    Hire. Craig. You’ll be so happy you did.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Calvin Malone · Married on 06/29/2019

Outstanding!!!

Craig is truly the complete package when it comes to a wedding DJ. Everything from preplanning, timelines, music and lighting. To give you some insight, I wondered how he would keep everyone entertained being that we had such a diverse wedding. Our wedding was a true representation of the "melting pot" with friends and family from all different backgrounds. Either way he did his thing and there wasn't a dry moment. I actually had people come up to me after the wedding asking where did we find this guy because he is awesome. Luckily for my wife and I we know him from highschool. We have also been lucky enough to have been to enough weddings with him as the DJ to know we didn't need to look any further. Now I know that might make you feel like I have a biased opinion, but on the contrary I have quite a few friends that DJ weddings and he is by far the best that I know. I even had a buddy offer to DJ my wedding for free and we still went with Craig instead. I am certain that if you work with him you will be just as satisfied as we are.

Sent on 01/20/2020

Britta Glennon · Married on 06/22/2019

Best DJ ever

Craig is an incredible DJ. He DJ'd our wedding in June, and I cannot tell you how many guests made comments like: "that was the best wedding dance party I've experienced", "who was your DJ? the music selection was incredible!", etc etc. People just couldn't stop talking about how awesome the music was. This was especially impressive since our guests were extremely international (Europe, Latin America, US, Australia, NZ, Asia, etc), and keeping all of them dancing and on the dance floor was something we were really nervous about. We wanted to be sure no one felt excluded, and despite a variety of tastes in music, Craig kept everyone on the dance floor and pumped all night! Beyond that, he did an incredible lighting job at the venue, took GoPro videos for us, and was super organized and responsive leading up to the wedding. He's also one of the most genuinely enthusiastic and kind people I've every met. I cannot recommend him enough.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Britta–you're the best! Your review means the world to me and blown away by your kind words and the praise delivered to you by your friends and family. It was a blast DJ'ing for you and Miguel–such a fantastic evening it was and so much FUN. :-) The dance party was certainly in full effect–maybe we can do it all over again for your and Miguel's ten year anniversary! ;-)

Warm Regards,
    Craig
  • Caroline

Caroline Heflin · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ!

DJ Craig Wood was an incredible choice for our wedding!! His talent truly brought all of our friends and family together. You would have thought they all had known each other for years. The amount of laughter, smiles, and killer dance moves from our guests was incredible. The entire purpose of our wedding was for our guests to enjoy themselves and Craig ensured that happened. He is so easy to work with and really took the time to understand what we were looking for. I highly recommend DJ Craig Wood to anyone who wants to have a great time!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Caroline, you rock. Reading your review definitely made my evening, I sincerely mean that. And you're spot on: the killer dance moves were in full swing all night (Steph's epic photo captures is proof of that!) :-) And, of course, I was a huge fan of the sweet hype squad(s)! ;-) Thanks for letting me be your and Rhett's music man!

Phil · Married on 05/24/2019

Amazing DJ!

We are so happy we went with DJ Craig Wood! Throughout the night we received so many compliments on how good the DJ was. The dance floor was packed all night and people had an amazing time. Craig did an incredible job making sure every transition of the evening was smooth and it showed! Craig is not the kind of DJ that just plugs in a laptop and plays an ITunes playlist. He made an effort to get to know us and our vision for the evening and curated the music accordingly. He made sure his DJ stand and up-lighting matched the décor of our space and looked great. I would 100% use him again in the future!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

I can't thank you enough for the kind words, Phil! I had a blast DJ'ing for you, Caitlin and your family/friends...and I still think about that incredible brick oven pizza to this day! :-) Wishing you both the best!

Jon Prendergast · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing Support!

We had an amazing experience with Perpetual Sound! Craig is attentive, responsive, flexible and proved himself to be extremely capable of providing all of the music and lighting requests we sent his way. We had great correspondence during the few months ahead of our day and were able to confirm all requirements with plenty of time to spare. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 01/12/2020

Bryan Bradley · Married on 04/06/2019

The best DJ!!!

Craig was recommended by a friend of mine. Craig was the DJ at my wedding and absolutely did not disappoint. His ability to feel a crowd left us with no breaks from the dance floor throughout the entire reception. On top of being an outstanding DJ, he's a pleasant, level-headed person that can handle flexibility if other vendors create changes for him last-minute. On a scale of 10, he's 100. Guests from my wedding are still telling me how thrilled they were that the party did not stop that night.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Bryan, it was a tremendous pleasure (and a helluva lot of fun!) being your and Mandy's DJ. It gave me a ton of joy seeing your squad of friends and family (and you and Mandy!) dance the night away. I'm completely flattered by your praise. You two are the best!

Cristina Garafola · Married on 01/01/2019

Perfect balance of professional + dance party -- brought the house down!

We loved having Craig DJ and emcee our wedding! We hit it off with him right away over the phone, and our photographer recommended him so they worked very well together. We attended four other weddings this year beside our own, and Craig's DJ'ing was the most consistent, with no dead zones or misfires -- he truly knows how to read the audience. Craig helped us shape a great playlist of must haves (as well as some "do not plays"), and we had fun proposing songs and getting his feedback on them. Craig then put his expert skills to use mixing and adding additional songs to make a truly awesome dance party. He is also happy to play slower music or whatever you like -- but we didn't want that, and he delivered 100%. Our dance floor was rocking the entire night! We have great memories of the night and awesome photos to match. We would recommend Craig to anyone and hope to attend an event where he is DJ'ing again soon!

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Kanekuni · Married on 12/31/2018

Fantastic DJ!

Craig was the DJ for my best friend’s wedding and when I got engaged, he was the second vendor I booked (right after the venue), because he is just THAT good! From the start, Craig was incredibly professional, warm, and flexible, and I knew we were in good hands. I have been to some weddings with some nightmare DJ’s. Craig is the OPPOSITE of that.

Craig totally understood the vision that my husband and I wanted for our New Year’s Eve wedding and boy did he deliver! The uplights looked amazing, we had an epic dance party, and the dance floor was never empty! Craig does such a good job reading the vibe of the room and playing off of that. As a result, everyone is still talking about how amazing our DJ was! Please hire Craig, he’s an excellent DJ, super professional, so much fun to be around, hilarious, and you absolutely won’t regret having him.

Sent on 01/18/2019

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for sweet review SammyJo!! Such an amazing night with a fantastic squad singing and dancing the night away!! ❤️👰🏻🤵🏻

Lindsay · Married on 12/08/2018

Kept the dance floor filled the whole time!

Craig is so great to work with! He got to know us over several planning calls and created the perfect soundtrack for our wedding! He made chose music so personal to us and kept the dance floor filled the entire reception!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Sara · Married on 11/17/2018

Great Experience!

Craig was fantastic and helpful every step of the way. Our friends and family had a blast dancing the night away and everyone commented on how seamlessly the timeline was - thanks to Craig! Highly recommend to anyone who wants a fun and high energy DJ.

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Brigette

Brigette · Married on 10/27/2018

Lives up to Reputation- Best Night Ever!

DJ Craig Wood was truly exceptional in giving us the wedding of our dreams. We, along with our guests, never wanted to leave the dance floor. He helped us plan out timeline with first dances, speeches, etc. and stuck to our don't play/must play lists. He asked us what type of artists and music we liked for cocktail hour and played all of our favorite songs from Alabama Shakes, Etta James and Nina Simone.

His equipment and lighting was also very sleek and top notch- the speakers were sleek and white and blended seamlessly with the decor. He listens to exactly what you are looking for and takes it 10 levels higher. Highly recommend DJ Craig Wood if you want the wedding/event of your dreams.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

You're the best Brigette! A thousand thank you's for the fabulous review! You and Adam are a complete class act–and your wedding day hashtag will certainly go in my Hall of Fame. ;-) It was great watching you tear up the dance floor, can't wait to see you again in a couple weeks for the next dance party! ;-)

Elaina · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Craig was amazing, such a fun guy! The music was great all night and he brought colored lights to set the party mood! Did everything we asked for and more! He not only did a great job as DJ but helped give me a lot of wedding tips as well that helped my day run more smoothly!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Thanks so much for the sweet review, Elaina! I had a blast being the music man for your special day. :-)

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

Craig Wood brings simply the best

We had the pleasure of Craig, of Perpetual Sound, DJ our June wedding in Baltimore (on his birthday)! We chased him down after seeing his magic at my husband's brother's wedding and were so thrilled when he was available! From the initial conversations to big day, Craig was an absolute gem. He provided multiple easy to read documents to help us navigate the wedding world. He truly helped with so much more than "just music". He was always professional and always available for "am I crazy" conversations! He was able to remind me that I was still sane and helped us create the best and most memorable day of our lives. We danced the night away and had so many compliments! Thank you so much Craig for everything!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to drop me this sweet review, Liz! Your wedding was a ton of fun and I most definitely had a blast. You are quite the dancing machine Mrs. Zittle! ;-) The best part of all this is I'll be able to always remember your anniversary lol!

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2018

No need to look at anymore Dj's…….Craig is the absolute BEST!!! From the very beginning, he was extremely responsive to emails and calls and helpful with any and every question we had! He not only did the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour, he also set up mics and had the acoustic music for one of our friends to sing me down the aisle and when she sang during our first dance. He also provided the up lighting for the reception, which really added that extra special touch! Things only continued to be amazing throughout the evening as Craig had people on the dance floor throughout the entire reception! He played a variety of music to ensure that people of all ages were having a blast and made it a day/night we will never forget! We can not recommend DJ Craig enough for you your wedding or any event you are planning!

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Erin

Erin L. · Married on 09/15/2018

Craig is the DJ you want for your wedding

DJ Craig exceeded all our expectations! He was actually one of the first vendors we booked because he DJed my cousin's wedding and my husband and I had such a blast dancing at her wedding that we knew we wanted him for ours and he was willing to travel from VA to upstate New York to DJ our wedding. Craig made the experience absolutely painless and was such a pleasure to work with. Even when Hurricane Florence threatened to disrupt his travel schedule, he proactively reached out to me first and assured me he was tracking the weather and would leave a day early if necessary to be certain he wouldn't miss our wedding.
    Our friends and family danced the entire night away. The dance floor wasn't empty for one moment after the music start. Craig does such a great job of reading the room and keeping the party going. Plus, he doesn't over insert himself like some DJs are prone to do. Our wedding photographer (who has been in the business 15+ years) even told us Craig was in the top 3 DJs he's ever heard at a wedding. Craig 100% made my life easier and what more could you want on your wedding day?!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Perpetual Sound LLC's reply:

AHH you're too kind Erin! :-) To say I had a blast DJ'ing for your and Joe's special day would be an understatement. I'm beyond grateful our paths crossed and that I was able to be your music man, but to personally meet many of your (awesome!) friends and family...who are all dancing machines...much like yourself! ;-) Ellicottville will always hold a special place in my heart!