Perfect Setting Catering Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

57 Perfect Setting Catering Reviews
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 10/05/2018

Jerry and team are the BEST!

We had an absolutely awesome experience working with Perfect Setting on our Oct 5th wedding in Chester Springs. From the very first phone call we had over a year ago I knew we'd be in good hands - I think Jerry and I spoke for over an hour about our vision, and I hung up the phone really feeling like he and his team were personally invested in our wedding. My fiance and I met in person with Jerry and had several emails and a million phone conversations with him throughout the planning process and always felt like everything would be taken care of, even down to the silliest requests and smallest details. And then, on the actual day of our wedding, Jerry was there and worked right alongside our moms to set everything up, then stayed for the duration of our reception helping all of the staff to ensure that everything was running smoothly. All of the staff members were fabulous, and made sure that my husband and I always had food and a glass in our hand. And, not to mention, the food was AMAZING and got rave reviews ("best wedding dinner I've ever had!") from all of our family members. I can't imagine trusting the food, drink, and running of our wedding to anyone else. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

Nicole and Perfect Settings were great for our wedding. The food was awesome and they were very accommodating of the last minute change to move the ceremony inside. They kept things moving throughout the night and everyone was very happy with their meals.

Leading up to the wedding Nicole was super flexible with scheduling and helping us pick out or food selections to have all our favorites. They were also accommodating of our Cookie Table and made sure everything looked beautiful!

They were great to work with, their pricing fit our budget, and our guests were still impressed with the meal. Would highly recommend!

Perfect Setting Catering 1
    Perfect Setting Catering 2

DM · Married on 04/28/2018

Loved our experience with Perfect Setting! Jerry was very easy to work with, and his wealth of experience came in handy as he helped us develop a timeline and walked us through every step of our wedding day. He was invaluable on the day of, coordinating with the other vendors and helping behind the scenes to make everything run smoothly. We had some non-standard food ideas and Jerry worked with us to make our wedding menu our own, and the food was a huge hit among our guests!

Cheryl · Married on 11/18/2017

Jerry and his team at Perfect Setting were wonderful to work with from start to finish. We are so glad we chose them as the catering team for our wedding. Jerry was very professional, responsive, and flexible. He listened well throughout the process to our hopes and vision for our wedding day, and made it happen, while also providing us with helpful input based on his years of experience. On our wedding day, the entire catering staff was attentive, courteous, hospitable, and friendly. The Perfect Setting team helped us set up our venue as well, and it looked beautiful and just as we envisioned. In addition to the experience of working with Jerry and his team, the food was absolutely delicious! We received so many compliments from our guests. They were very good about accommodating special dietary requests, and made all of our guests feel comfortable. We would most definitely recommend Perfect Setting to anyone planning a wedding or special event!

Grace · Married on 10/07/2017

We hired Perfect Setting to cater our wedding at Appleford Estate this past weekend. We truly could not be happier with how the day went. Everything ran exceptionally smoothly, efficiently, and without a hitch. The food was incredible and we received many comments from our guests echoing that. The time between the first and last guests receiving their meals was impressively short (I worked a catering gig years ago and know how difficult this is to accomplish!). Beyond the food being amazing, Jerry and the team at Perfect Setting were truly a pleasure to work with. I was very nervous in the hours before the wedding, and each interaction with Jerry put me at ease and made me realize that Perfect Setting would handle everything and I could just relax and enjoy our special day. Which is what I did! We are beyond grateful to Perfect Setting for ensuring our wedding was everything we dreamed of and more. I highly recommend them to anyone needing a caterer!

Rose · Married on 06/24/2017

What an amazing company! Nicole and her team were simply wonderful. Unfortunately, our original caterer was unable to furnish the appropriate liability documents for the venue about a month prior to our wedding. I called Nicole who was able to match our original price and exceed our menu and taste expectations! They were organized, professional, welcoming, and kind. We could not have made the day a success without them. Nicole and Kathy were so sweet and went above and beyond to cater and organize a wedding for 150 people in 3 weeks. Wow! We will certainly use this team in the future. Top notch. Thank you A Perfect Setting crew!

Grace · Married on 01/28/2017

We LOVED Perfect Setting! Working with Deb Diehl was such a pleasure! She made sure that from the day we met her she attended to every detail assuring that we were getting exactly what we asked for. She patiently crafted the menu with me, taking into account all of my special requests and made all of my dreams for the day come true. And the food... INCREDIBLE! This is NOT your run of the mill wedding food - our guests could not stop talking about how delicious everything was from the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees and desserts everything was impeccable. I HIGHLY recommend working with them! Deb will personally make sure you day goes smoothly and according to plan and that everything will be perfect! I know you will be as happy as we were with their services.

Marie · Married on 10/15/2016

Perfect Setting exceeded our expectations. Our daughter's wedding reception had seamless service and the food was outstanding . This caterer is a true professional... Jerry Diehl and his staff are gracious and sincere and are fully invested in creating an excellent experience for you and your wedding guests .
    Guests of all generations remarked on the quality of the food and many, many people commented on the exceptional service. JD's years of experience shined through in every way.
    We highly recommend Perfect Setting.

Caitlin · Married on 08/06/2016

I worked with Jerry Diehl at Perfect Setting for my wedding reception. He and his staff were absolutely amazing. We worked together leading up to the wedding to finalize details and he was very supportive and informative with suggestions and clarifications. On the day of he made sure to introduce himself to my parents and in-laws and make sure they were comfortable. His staff was extremely attentive and the food was beyond delicious. My biggest regret of the day is that I didn't finish my dinner :)

Andrea · Married on 06/18/2016

I used Perfect Setting Catering for my June wedding last year and Jerry and his team did a fantastic job! I didn’t have a coordinator or planner for the day of so Jerry really stepped up and delivered. He was very attentive to my needs throughout planning, deciding, and finally the day of. On top of that, the food was delicious! Lots of compliments on the pecan encrusted chicken and salmon. Perfect Setting also perfectly set (sorry I had to) the tables. It was everything I hoped for and more. Also, on the list of caterers I had to choose from, Perfect Setting was the most fairly priced, and my parents appreciated that :) Took me a while to get around to writing a review, but thank you Jerry and Perfect Setting Catering for making the day truly magical!

Lara · Married on 06/03/2016

We first heard of Perfect Setting Catering through our wedding venue, Brandywine Manor House. They were one of a very exclusive list of preferred vendors due to their great reputation, high quality food, and exceptional service. During our initial consult and tasting, Deb was very engaging and professional and showed a lot of enthusiasm for getting to know us and our preferences. She accommodated some of our requests that we felt would make our wedding more intimate and unique such as having our own personal server during cocktail hour (thanks, Yvonne!) and serving the salad course family-style. She also offered to provide mini-ice cream cones at the end of the night, which were a huge hit with our guests.

PSC worked very well with our venue and other vendors, which greatly helped the entire event flow smoothly. We had a lot of positive feedback on our cocktail hour and dinner entrée selections and our guests especially liked the friendly bartenders. We highly recommend them (and the bacon-wrapped dates) for your special day!

Shannon · Married on 10/09/2015

We are so happy we went with Jerry Diehl and Perfect Setting. Jerry was fantastic to deal with from the very beginning. He was very helpful with making suggestions that really helped shaped our wedding into a very magical day. The Perfect Setting team was instrumental in making sure our day went off without a hitch (even in the pouring rain). Everyone who attended commented on how great the catering staff was and how delicious all of the food was. From the food to the decor (the centerpieces were provided by Perfect Setting). Everything was perfect. I will be recommending Perfect Setting to any newly engaged couple or person throwing a catered event!

Shawn · Married on 09/25/2015

Perfect Setting Catering went above and beyond to make my wedding completely stress-free and absolutely delicious. There are not enough positive things I can say about working with Jerry. He made the whole process so much fun and did not miss a single detail. Not only did I LOVE each and every course, my guests raved about the hors-d'oeuvres, the main course, and the sides. Jerry and his whole staff took control during the cocktail hour and reception and were able to keep us on schedule without making anything feel rushed or hectic. They provided the best service I could have ever hoped for. Perfect Setting Catering is absolutely the way to go!

Perfect Setting Catering is the best! Honestly if you need a caterer for your wedding....the search stops here. From the beginning, Jerry from Perfect Setting Catering was so fun to work with...he was always light-hearted and made planning our wedding stress free. Since the caterer is pretty much the most expensive vendor you will hiring, you want to work with someone who you know will do an outstanding job...Jerry if your man!

Perfect Setting Catering exceeded our expectations. The food was amazing and just as delicious at the wedding as it was at the tasting. The service was on point--I can't even tell you how many guests complimented us on the food and said how impressed they were with how attentive the servers were. Additionally, Jerry worked with us to make sure we were happy with our food selections, signature cocktails, etc. and everything was exactly as we wanted. I would highly recommend using Perfect Setting Catering for your big day--you will not be disappointed in your choice!

Dan · Married on 09/19/2015

Perfect Setting Catering was the perfect choice for our daughter's wedding and Jerry Diehl was fantastic! The cocktail hour and wedding reception went off flawlessly. We got many, many compliments on the catering for the entire event. The Hors d’Oeuvres were delicious and the main course was outstanding. Jerry and his staff did an amazing job. The wait staff was polite, courteous and very attentive. Jerry did a great job planning the event, providing recommendations and delivering fantastic food. We would highly recommend Perfect Setting Catering for a wedding or special event in the Philadelphia area. Jerry, thank you for your efforts. Our guests are still talking about the wonderful food and attentive service you provided for Kristen and David’s wedding. Bravo!
    Darcy & Dan D’Andrea

Kirby · Married on 06/20/2015

Jerry and his team at Perfect Setting were fantastic to work with and exceeded our expectations. Jerry was so helpful and accommodating during the months of planning leading up to the wedding. He had so many great ideas and suggestions to make sure our wedding was exactly as we had imagined and stress-free. We had the wedding at our home so he came out the day before to make sure everything was ready to go and immediately clammed any nerves we had. His design team created beautiful displays and his staff was attentive and professional the whole night. We got many compliments on the food and service. We highly recommend Perfect Setting!

Maria · Married on 05/16/2015

Perfect Setting was one of the handful of preferred vendors provided to us by our venue. After meeting with Jerry, we knew they would be great to work with, so we scheduled our tasting. We selected our entrees, hors d'oeuvres and salad choices, and these items were prepared for us to sample. We were blown away by how amazing the food was and knew instantly we would go with them for our big day. After many months of back-and-forth, Jerry helped perfect our food choices, seating arrangements and overall game plan for the evening. He was able to accommodate all of special requests for certain guests, adapt to any last minute alterations and gave us a great deal on our cake via Bredenbeck's Bakery. Thanks to Jerry, our evening went without a hitch. Many of our guests and family members continue to talk about the fantastic service and food Jerry and his staff provided!

We had such an amazing experience with Perfect Setting Catering. Jerry and Deb could not have done more to make our wedding absolutely perfect. They made a very overwhelming process very easy to tackle. Their experience really showed since my venue was a little tricky to navigate. They are so willing to customize everything to exactly what you are looking for. The day of, everything was perfectly executed. They assigned a server to my husband and I to make sure we were able to eat and drink during the night with ease. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the service was and how good the food was. I could not think of a single bad thing to say about this company.

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

We LOVED Deb with Perfect Setting! She was 100% accommodating- she even took a call from us on a personal vacation. She truly went above and beyond to connect with us and personally understand our vision. She helped us come up with signature cocktails, provided a contact for liquor, and most importantly organized a fantastic meal for our guests. We also used their dessert stations- our guests LOVED the mini desserts and the made to order crepes! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. By the way, the wait staff was also FANTASTIC! They were so helpful and kind to our guests and seemed genuinely happy to be working our wedding.

Colleen · Married on 09/13/2014

Perfect Setting Catering far exceeded our expectations and desires for our wedding day. It was unbelievable how perfect every last detail of our wedding was. Everything was easy and flawless with Perfect Catering from the beginning to the end. The first time we met with Jerry, we walked out of the meeting saying how professional, witting and great he seemed. From there, he helped us narrow every last detail down to what would work the best for us as a couple. Over the next few months, he answered my endless e-mails and questions rapidly and never let a question go unanswered. Our tasting was delicious--and the food at the wedding tasted the same, if not better!

It's hard to really remember all of the details from the day of, but I did not worry about anything the whole day because I knew Jerry could handle anything. All of our guests were blown away by the professionalism of his whole team. They were considerate, happy, hard working and helpful. The dinner was served in a seated style and all of the guests were served very quickly. Everyone kept telling us how amazing the food was. We were thrilled with how happy everyone was!

Then there were the little things that I never expected and was delighted with. They paid extra special attention to the groom and I during the whole evening-asking us if we needed anything. During cocktail hour, when we were getting our pictures taken someone was there with the hors d'oeuvres/cocktails for us to make sure we didn't miss anything! Neither one of us had to ask for anything the whole night. They saw that we didn't really touch our dinner because we were so busy with the guests so they gladly packed us full servings for later! It was so nice to eat back at the hotel when everything was done.

Perfect Setting Catering made our wedding: organized, flawless, fun, delicious and perfect. Would recommend this caterer to anyone!

I planned a perfect barn wedding. When rain came pouring down, Laurey did everything within her power to make our tent ceremony as beautiful as possible. It was gorgeous!
    On top of that, they made both of our families gleeful with a delicious mixture of Southern and Indian foods. Everybody had a fantastic time and I couldn't imagine a more perfect wedding night, even without the barn.
    Thank you to Laurey and all the cooks and servers at Perfect Setting for making our night unforgettable!

My husband, myself, and our families were extremely happy with Perfect Setting. Most importantly, the food was fantastic. Since our wedding, numerous guests have commented that they loved the food. Debbie and her team were also able to easily accommodate our guests with food allergies and intolerances, which was greatly appreciated. We found Perfect Setting to be responsive and easy to work with, and they make our wedding day run flawlessly. Truly top-notch, and highly recommended!

• User5431900 · 2+ years ago

Great food and great service! The food was absolutely delicious and people still rave about our family style BBQ dinner. The shrimp and grits were just incredible! Laurey had the chef try them out for her before the wedding to make sure they'd be perfect, and they were. The night was seamless and Laurey took care of all the behind the scenes coordinating, we didn't do a thing but enjoy our beautiful night. She thought of everything, even added umbrellas over raw bar after she saw forecast for very hot day so it wouldn't melt. She was a joy to work with, super responsive and very creative. The staff was great as well, very professional and well trained. Can't recommend Perfect Setting enough!

Mrs. · Married on 07/05/2014

Jerry and his staff were amazing to work with! The whole process was a breeze working with Jerry and the day of him and his staff couldn't be more attentive to myself and the guests! The whole night went so smoothly. They even accommodated unexpected allergy requests and vegan alternatives on the spot!