Pennington's Cakes Reviews

124 | San Marcos, TX

124 Reviews for Pennington's Cakes

Jess · Married on 04/21/2012

Made both our bridal and grooms cake. Amazing! So delicious!!! So great looking. Thank you!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

You're so welcome! Thank YOU!

Holly · Married on 04/16/2012

Pennington’s Cakes were absolutely wonderful! Both the bride and grooms cakes were exactly what we envisioned and we mouthwatering. I cannot share one single complaint because I honestly do not have one. They arrived on time if not earlier, added flowers, had great communication, was able to do special designs for the grooms cake, and was patient enough with me (the bride) who didn’t know what she wanted for her cake. My husband and I are planning on having them make a smaller version of our cakes for an anniversary or other special event because they were so good and being the bride and groom we didn’t get to eat all that much the day of our wedding. Thank you Pennington’s Cakes!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Blessings to you and Joe, Holly! We loved working with you and your wedding party. We look forward to seeing you for another cake. Don't wait a whole year!

Ada · Married on 03/24/2012

Stephen was so great to work with. He really made the entire process easy. My husband and I met with Stephen to discuss the cake and not only did he help us with suggestions but ensured that our cake was not just beautiful but original. The cake was so delicious, I literally still dream about it. I have already told my husband I want to order a small cake next time we are in the area. The service was great and he is very professional, he was totally on the ball with everything and also made us feel like very valued customers. Our guest RAVED about the cake. Thanks to Stephen for his quality work!! I can't wait to get another cake from Pennington's!!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Ada! You were a dream to work with and we loved making your red and blue swirl cakes. So proud to be a Texan! Your venue was beautiful. Many blessings on you and Shawn and your life together!

Karyn · Married on 10/08/2011

I am so happy that I chose to go with Pennington's Cakes. My mom and I went to the store to meet with Steve. He sat down with us and listened to exactly what I wanted. He is a very genuine man and extremely easy to communicate with. They were very flexible with me when I had to change the wedding date and the venue. The cakes turned out exactly as I imagined and described to Steve. They were so tasty and I got many, many compliments from my friends and family. The grooms cake ...was gone within minutes. It was a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache filling. The brides cake was multi-layered. The first layer was an Italian cream and the second layer was white with a pineapple filling and the top layer (one year anniversary layer) is the Italian cream. I highly recommend this company. They deliver exactly what they promise and I felt very confidnent that my cakes would be great and arrive on time and they did.

Sent on 10/30/2011

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Karyn, you are too kind! We loved working with you and are overjoyed you loved your cakes. Thanks so much for the sweet words. Many blessings to you and Jerry and your years to come!

Gretchen · Married on 10/01/2011

Our cakes were gorgeous and delicious! The entire process was so easy from beginning to end with Stephen. My maid of honor saw them setting up, he was there with a level making sure it was perfect. And my boss was sitting at a table near the cake table, she said that she could smell the cake when the breeze was blowing - she was begging for me to bring what little leftovers we had to work the next week! They even looked exactly like the pictures we gave them. I would pick Pennington's again, they were great :)

Sent on 10/09/2011

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Gretchen! It helps when the bride and groom are so great to work with! It inspires us! Congratulations you two and all the best on your great new life together.
  • W

Melinda · Married on 05/14/2011

Hi Steve. We are back from honeymoon and trying to cope with the fact that our beautiful wedding is behind us and we have to rely on memories. Your cakes were a huge hit! Our friends and family are still talking about them to this day. Not only were they beautiful and the Texas cake so cute and fitting, but the taste was excellent. As you can imagine, David and I didn’t get much of it during the wedding but we took some pieces back to the T Bar M and ate it for breakfast the following morning. It was outstanding. I will never forget eating your cake for breakfast the morning after our wedding and loving every minute of it.

Thanks so much for doing exactly what we asked. The cakes could not have been any more perfect. We are already planning to stop in and get a bite of cake next time we are in town. Until then, take good care and nice job!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Melinda and David, thanks for the kind words! We are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed your cakes. You guys were a dream to work with and we had a blast creating your cakes. Here's wishing you years and years of happy anniversaries!

Lyndi · Married on 03/26/2011

I first want to start off saying thank you so much to Pennington Cake!

All I did was describe a cake that I wanted and they created "THE PERFECT" cake for my wedding! The wedding cake was simple and classic, just what I wanted. Not only was the cake extremely beautiful, it tasted amazing! It was by far the best chocolate cake with chocolate ganache I have ever had!

The staff is great and was always there when I needed them. I would highly recommend there services in the future and will continue to use them. Thank you Stephen and the crew, y'all are awesome!!

Sent on 04/06/2011

Robin · Married on 01/21/2011

We had to reschedule our wedding, and Pennington's Cakes was very accomodating to our needs. They remembered us each time we called. Overall, they were wonderful to work with, and the cakes were yummy, too!

Alyson · Married on 12/30/2010

I was so impressed with my wedding cake from Pennington's Cakes! I planned my wedding from out of state so my mom was able to make it to a testing but I never even spoke with this vendor. However, I could not have been more pleased with the ease of everything. My mom enjoyed the tasting and the baker reflected everything I could have wanted! When i saw my wedding for the first time on the wedding day, I almost cried. It was BEAUTIFUL!! We bought purple ribbon and they lined it around the bottom of each tier (there were 3 tiers) and he added flowers from my florist. When we did the cake cutting and tried it for the first time we were in heaven. It was DELICIOUS! I got 3 layers: 1) vanilla cake with pineapple filling (this is the one I had...so light and fluffy, very yummy! 2) vanilla with chocolate ginoche (spelling??) cream filling and 3) vanilla with raspberry filling. My guests raved about it! I would highly recommend this vendor for your wedding or special occasion!

Anna · Married on 11/13/2010

The wedding cake was not only beautiful, but the most delicious cake I've ever had. My groom was also extremely happy with his cake. He fell in love with it as soon as he saw his Nintendo cake. The cake experience for our wedding was completely stress free. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend or re-use them for any other special occasion.

Stephanie · Married on 11/07/2010

Loved Loved Loved our cake! Not only was it tasty, but it was just the way we wanted it! They always ansewred my phone calls, and had good ideas. They also delivered on time on a Sunday!! They provided a beautiful stand, and decorated the cake so well! I would tell everyone to go here!! The cake was perfect, the price was right, and the service was great!

Sent on 01/31/2011

Michelle · Married on 11/06/2010

I loved my wedding cake!!! Moist-Moist-Moist that is what Pennington's Cakes is known for. I was pleasantly surprised after order my huge wedding cake and two groom's cakes that the price was so reasonable. I love the fact that I was able to use a local vendor and that the quality was so high.

Brandy · Married on 09/18/2010

We ordered two cakes: a three-tiered white cake with lemon filling and a plain angel food cake. (my husband is a die-hard fan of angel food, so he insisted on a second cake.) Choosing the cake was tough, though--all the flavors we tried were delicious, especially the white with pineapple filling.

The cakes were delivered and set up right on time, which was a huge comfort on the big day. I didn't have to worry about them for a moment.

The three-tiered cake came out beautifully decorated exacty as I imagined it, and it tasted even better than it looked. It was perfect all around, and I'm already lookig forward to our first anniversary, when we will pull the top tier out of our freezer! (The angel food cake was fabulous as well, and my husband was pleased as punch that Pennington's was willing to make his favorite in addition to our wedding cake.)

I highly recommend Pennington's! If you're looking for a delicious, flavorful cake and a no-stress wedding experience, this is your place.

Thanks again!!

Brandy Keller

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2010

Our wedding cakes were awesom. The flavor and the design were perfect and spot on. Not only did this allow us to have a great wedding day we have memories to enjoy for a life time. Thanks Penningtons.

Sent on 02/02/2011

Krystle · Married on 07/24/2010

My husband and I had our reception cake made by Penningtion's Cakes and were tremendously satisfied. They made a beautiful "Vegas Style", 3 tier, red velvelt cake that was absolutly delicios. They were very helpful and professional and I would recommend anyone to try them out.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Courtney · Married on 07/24/2010

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! They did such a great job from the beginning of the process to the end. I have even used them again since our wedding and probably will any time I need a cake, cookies, etc. I loved everything they did and the cakes tasted wonderful. We also asked them to make "melt away" cookies for our favor bags. I highly recommend these as well. EVERYONE loved them! Very pleased!

Sent on 02/04/2011

Jess · Married on 11/07/2009

The setup was fast and very professional.

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2009

I grew up in San Marcos and have had Pennington's Cake for every birthday that I can remember. So when it came to my wedding I knew that Pennington's Cake was the only bakery I knew I could trust to execute my wedding cakes with a personal touch and a professional relationship. We had so many compliments on the exact perfect replica of my husband�s firefighter helmet! The cakes for our wedding looked absolutely beautiful but more importantly they tasted so wonderful!

Christy · Married on 09/05/2009

Pennington's Cakes did a fantastic job on my wedding cake & the grooms cake! They looked awesome & tasted amazing!!! I got so many compliments on them! The people at Pennington's Cakes are very nice & easy to work with! Pennington's Cakes is not over priced ~ they are affordable !!!! I would use them again & recommend them to anyone!

Roshni · Married on 08/24/2008

I have not only used them for my wedding, but for my brother's birthday and my cousin's sweet sixteen cake as well. Very pleased with them. They go outof their way to make the cake look beautiful and meet all the needs. They customized my brother's cake according to my preferences and it turned out amazing. Very very pleased.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2007

My cakes were PERFECT! All I had to do was give them an idea of what I wanted and they made it exactly they way I wanted! My wedding cake was beautiful and the groom's cake is still being talked about.

Sent on 05/19/2008

Tiffany · Married on 02/16/2006

I'd recommend this place to anyone! My husband is allergic to milk products, and this was the only place we could find to make our cakes without milk products, and have the cake actually taste great! We had so many complements on how great our cakes looked and taste.

Sent on 05/21/2008

Amanda · Married on 03/06/2004

They did an excellent job on wedding cake and grooms cake

Sent on 06/23/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2017

This was possibly the MOST DELICIOUS cake I've ever had! We went in for a tasting, fell in love with the strawberry vanilla swirl flavor, and Stephen made our vision come to life. He also accommodated our request for a small 6" gluten free cake on the side for my parents. No complaints regarding the tasting, communication, delivery, execution, anything! I wish I could add a picture on here; we were very impressed! Thank you!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you , Jennifer! We loved having you as clients and we wish you many happy and prosperous years together! We hope to see you soon for babies and birthdays!! :-)

Corina · Married on 12/11/2016

Most beautiful wedding cake ever! It was so delicious and beautiful we kept getting asked where we got the cake from. Very affordable too for what you get. Very satisfied

Sent on 12/14/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Corina!! Thank you for the honor of participating in your special day. We wish you and Jeromie all the best!