Pennington's Cakes Reviews

124 | San Marcos, TX

124 Reviews for Pennington's Cakes

Brianna · Married on 06/07/2014

Their website is so easy to navigate and it was so convenient to set up a tasting. The only thing that was difficult was choosing which cake to go with because they were all delicious! I gave them a picture of what I wanted the design to be and they by far exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful and tasted so good, it completed my wedding! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Brianna, for the honor to make your cake! All the best to you and Isaac!

Penny · Married on 05/17/2014

The cakes looked and tasted amazing! So many complements from the guests!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Penny! Blessings in your new life together!

All I have to say is that they did a very amazing job on my wedding cake. I loved everything about it. It was colorful and it was way more than what I expected it to look at. It was worth every penny! Everyone that talked with at the wedding just loved it and just giving me compliments. I will definitely be going back to get cakes from them. Especially since everyone that the cake was so delicious that they accidentally cut into our top tier and I was hoping to save that for our first year anniversary. I'm going to have to go back and re-order my top tier!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Oh, no! They cut your top tier! No problem, we can make a replica for your first anniversary. Thanks so much for your review. We are so thrilled you loved your cake, because we loved making it for you. Many blessings in your new life together!!

Taylor · Married on 05/03/2014

They were very sweet and professional from the beginning. I went to one other bakery and although it was delicious the prices ranged so much. Penningtons had incredibly reasonable prices and superior service. The cakes were a big hit and we were very happy we went with them.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Taylor! We are happy you went with us too!

karen · Married on 05/03/2014

They were responsive, professional and on time

Sent on 07/11/2014

Rebecca · Married on 04/26/2014

My husband and I were very satisfied with our cakes. Even now people say they have never tasted cakes as good as ours. We have given the contact information to several people who have asked for it so they can order from penningtons.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks for the referrals, Rebecca! Come and see us when you can.

Michelle · Married on 04/19/2014

Thank you so much for making such a beautiful and delicious wedding cake for us! Our "naked" cake was amazing.... way beyond my expectations! Stephen was great to work with. Thank you!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Michelle! Congratulations to you and Salvador! We had so much fun making your cake - our first "naked" cake. So glad you liked our Greek yogurt custard filling with honey and almonds, and lots of fruit for garnish! Blessings to you both, come and see us when you can!

sarah · Married on 03/30/2014

Absolutely LOVED Pennington's Cakes! My husband and I recently just got married in March and couldn't have been more happier with Pennington's! The cake was so delicious, my cake was strawberry swirl and my husbands was chocolate. We also had a desert table with mini cheese cakes, cake pops and cookies, and everything was delicious! Not only was it delicious but also very affordable! I highly recommend them

Sent on 05/08/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Sarah! (You forgot the brownies! :-) ) We love it when we can stretch our baking muscles beyond the cake. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do a full dessert table! We loved making your cakes and are thrilled you were pleased! Many blessings in your journey together!!

Hali · Married on 03/15/2014

Pennington's cakes did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake and groom's cake. Very beautifully decorated and was sooooooo yummy!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Hali. Blessings to you!

The cakes were perfect and beautiful.

Sent on 07/11/2014

Tara · Married on 03/09/2014

My wedding is in Austin and the prices there were ridiculous. Thankfully Pennington's cakes exists. They delivered to Austin with no problem, and my cake was beautiful! Exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

Also, just FYI, my wedding was a lady to a lady and I felt very comfortable there and they didn't bat an eye. Very professional and accepting.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Tara! We were so happy you chose us for your wedding. We support our LGBT community!!

Suzanne · Married on 02/08/2014

30 years ago when my parents got married, they had Pennington's do their cake. They also did our cake for our wedding a few months ago and the cake was amazing. It was sooooo good that there wasn't any left except for the top of the cake which we kept. I'm not really a cake person, but their cakes were absolutely fantastic and I have recommended them to friends who are getting married.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Suzanne! We are proud to be a part of your family's precious celebrations for over 30 years, and we hope to still be a part after 30 more. Blessings to you and BJ!

Vicky · Married on 01/10/2014

all the staff were extremely friendly and professional. they also had a very easy and flexible payment plan. but most importantly our wedding cakes were absolutely stunning and tasted amazing. our guests were so impressed that we didnt have any cake remaining. we will definitely use Pennington's for all our future events.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Vicky! We look forward to seeing you again. All the best to you and Amado!

THE cakes were beautiful and delicious! We had a German choc grooms cake decorated with chic dipped strawberries; The brides cake was the white cake with layers filled alternately raspberry and lemon hmmm.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you!! Blessings to you and your new life together!

Jeannie · Married on 11/02/2013

All I can say is "WOW"!!! My daughter had not one, but a dozen different cakes for her wedding. She wanted to have an old fashioned church social cake bar, and Pennington's made it happen. She asked for cakes that were not part of their normal inventory -- no problem. And each and every one of them was delicious!! Our guests were sampling two, three, four and more.....and gushing about how moist and tasty all of the cakes were. We had ordered enough cake to serve about 240, about 75 more than we expected and by the end of the evening, nearly all of the cake was gone! We adjusted the quantity, size and flavors of the cakes right up until the wedding and Pennington's was great to work with. They put the finishing touches on the cakes on site and everything looked wonderful. Best cakes ever, you can be sure we'll be using them for future events.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

And we say, "Wow!" Thanks for the kind words, Jeannie!! We had SO much fun doing Jennifer and Bobby's cakes, and we are thrilled they were well received! Our congratulations and best wishes to J&B as they start their life together. We look forward to seeing you again!

Becky · Married on 09/14/2013

The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious!!! Our groom's cake was a Bulldog and it is the best groom's cake I've ever seen, and not just because it was ours!!! It looked so real and precious!!! The staff was friendly and the cakes were well priced. We went to several other bakeries to try them out as well, but Pennington's was the best bang for the buck!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Becky! We had a blast preparing your cakes and we are so honored by your kind words! We wish you love, prosperity, and happiness in your life together!

Jessie · Married on 08/31/2013

Love this place. The staff know how to treat their customers and properly take care of their cakes. My wedding cakes were divine. They were creative with the different colors, textures, and styles.
    Simply: Affordable. Tasty. Sweet. Pleasant to work with.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Jessie! We toast you and Greg for a long happy life together!

Kelsey · Married on 08/17/2013

Pennington's Cakes was absolutely wonderful to work with! Our cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! It turned out better than I could even imagine! The staff was great to work with and was always very helpful!

Sent on 08/31/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey and Tyson. We loved making your cake! Many blessings to you in your life together.

Shelly · Married on 06/15/2013

Pennington's Cakes was incredible to work with. We dealt with Stephen for the entire process and could not have been happier. He was extremely easy to work with and upfront about everything. Our cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted even better! We have received outstanding feedback from our guests who have complimented the cake multiple times. We highly recommend Pennington's Cakes for a delicious, beautiful, and affordable cake!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Shelly! You're so sweet and we are thrilled you loved your cakes. Many blessings to you and Brian!

Miranda · Married on 06/08/2013

I absolutely LOVED my cakes! I was extremely pleased with my cake vendor and have gotten SO many compliments about the cake tasting FABULOUS. I even had a friend at the wedding choose to have her cakes for her wedding done at the same place. I changed my order SO many times and the owner was extremely helpful in helping me decide what I needed while also making the cake gorgeous. I didn't really like the figures on my grooms cake, but they did a great job for making them themselves! The cake arrived at the perfect time and everything about it was wonderful! Thank you!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Miranda! Your venue was gorgeous. We're so glad our cakes were a hit. We are so happy to have you and Jason in the Pennington's Cakes family! Many blessings to you both.

Heather · Married on 12/08/2012

Our cake was exactly what we wanted, and Steven was so warm and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Trista · Married on 09/15/2012

They did an awesome job. The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious. All our guests loved it and complimented on the cake.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2012

Our cakes turned out great and were very moist! I got lots of comments and great compliments on how great they looked and tasted. Stephen was very helpful through the whole process and they were very reasonable in price for the amount of cake that we got. I would definitely recommend them for any bride who is looking for an affordable, great bakery!!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Many thanks, Stephanie! Blessings to you and Daniel!

Dani · Married on 05/05/2012

Pennington's was amazing! Dealing with them was always pleasant and the prices were very reasonable. Not only did I get my wedding cake(which I loved) but I ordered a green sparkle drum grooms cake which my husband loved as well. The cakes couldn't have turned out better thanks to Pennington’s Cakes!!!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Dani and Michael! We're so pleased you were happy with your cakes, because we had so much fun making them! Many blessings on you and your life together!

Ruby · Married on 04/28/2012

I absolutely loved the cakes! They were open to any and every idea I had and made sure everything was exactly the way I wanted and they looked just like I wanted them too and they tasted amazing there was hardly any left I know that is usually a good thing but I couldn't help but want some the next day! :)

Sent on 05/29/2012

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Ruby, er, Mrs. Garza! We loved making your cakes. Sorry you didn't get a piece! This is not unusual for brides and grooms. No worries - we'd love to make you a cake for just you two anytime. Blessings to you!