Pennington's Cakes Reviews

Pennington's Cakes 4
Pennington's Cakes 5

Lyndsey Vento · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Delicious and Easy

We used Pennington for our wedding cake and it was absolutely amazing! They were so easy to work with and we received so many compliments on the cake. We went in for 1 easy meeting with them where we described what we wanted for our cake, we tasted and picked our flavors and that was it! They coordinated the rest with our venue and we couldn't have been happier with how it turned out visually and the cake was DELICIOUS! Thank You so much Stephen, Sara, and Wendi!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks Lyndsey! We loved making your cakes. Hope to see you again soon. Many blessings to you and Frank!

Aspen Ellzey · Married on 11/15/2019

Wedding Cake

Wow! Our cake turned out EXACTLY how we were visioning! We have absolutely nothing to complain about, only everything to be happy and satisfied with!

Sent on 11/29/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Aspen! We are thrilled you are pleased with our services! We had fun making your cake. We wish you and William a long and happy life together. Congratulations!!

Laura V · Married on 11/02/2019

Best decision for cakes!!!!

Pennington’s was a fantastic choice for my husband and I for our wedding! They were very friendly and responsive to all of our questions in person and through email making working with them a breeze. Pennington’s worked with my gluten allergy at a very affordable rate and incredibly tasty cakes (and cupcakes) with fresh berries!!!! We shopped around a lot for cakes through San Antonio, New Braunfels, and San Marcos area. They were the best by far in both price and quality!!!! Best choice to top off an absolutely perfect day!!

Pennington's Cakes 6
    Pennington's Cakes 7
    Sent on 12/01/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks Laura! Congratulations to you and Adam! We are so pleased that you loved your cakes. Many blessings to you and a long and happy life together.
  • O

Oscar and Melissa Rodriguez · Married on 10/26/2019

Wedding reception

Thank you for making our wedding so special...

Pennington's Cakes 8
    Pennington's Cakes 9
    Pennington's Cakes 10
    Pennington's Cakes 11
    Sent on 12/01/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

You're welcome! We loved making your cakes. We wish you many blessings and a long and happy life together!
  • Alyse

Alyse · Married on 10/12/2019

My cakes were beautiful!

Pennington’s did two cakes for my wedding and they both turned out awesome. Anything you can imagine or honestly pull off Pinterest Stephen and his team can pull it off. We did a simple wedding and Star Wars groom’s cake. First off they looked amazing but then they tasted even better! I’m looking forward to eating the top tier of my wedding cake next year already. Great job Pennington’s!

Pennington's Cakes 12
    Pennington's Cakes 13
    Sent on 11/11/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks Alyse! We loved making your cakes. So much fun! Glad you enjoyed them! Congrats and wishes for a long and happy life together!

Christie · Married on 10/04/2019

So yummy and gorgeous!

I was so happy to book Pennington because they did my parents wedding cake 37 years ago! We did a deconstructed cake with copper drip and copper paint and it was absolutely gorgeous. I had several people say that it looked like something out of a magazine! We had half white cake with raspberry filling and the other half was white cake with pineapple filling and it was delicious. I definitely recommend Pennington's.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Christie! We are thrilled you loved your cake. Thanks for being a second generation Pennington's Bride!! Congratulations and many blessings we wish for you both!

Deborrah Read · Married on 09/09/2019

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake!

Pennington’s Cakes was outstanding and profesional to work with in creating the exact Wedding Cake my daughter and son-in-law wanted for their Big Day in September of 2019. The cake was beautiful, moist, fresh, and so delicious! They were right on time for set-up and discreet with all the other happenings taking place at the same time. I would Most definitely and highly recommend them to anyone considering a professional cake for a Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, Retirement, Holiday, or event party. Pennington’s Cakes are a great value for the price and oh so delicious!

Pennington's Cakes 14
    Pennington's Cakes 15
    Sent on 12/09/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved making your cakes. And we love to visit Fischer Hall! We hope to see you again soon! Many blessings to the newlyweds for a long and happy life together!
  • MELANIE

MELANIE · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful Service! Amazing taste!

Stephen was great from the beginning to end! Scheduling the tasting was simple and convenient and they even prepared a sampling for my children. Stephen was flexible with changes throughout the entire process and did everything with a smile. The day of delivery went smoothly and even though they forgot the stand (I didn’t even notice) everything was beautiful and perfect! And the taste? Oh wow!!!! We chose the pineapple and the chocolate ganache and both were to die for! So delicious and fresh! Thanks again Penington’s! I couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Pennington's Cakes 16
    Pennington's Cakes 17
    Sent on 06/19/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Melanie! We loved making your cakes. We wish you many blessings and many happy years together!

Maggie Nowka · Married on 05/18/2019

Weddingcake

We had a fabulous experience with Pennington’s! We ordered 6 cakes total and everyone LOVED them. In fact, we had none leftover! They captured just what we wanted as far as the design and overall look of the cakes. We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for wedding cakes out there!

Pennington's Cakes 18
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Maggie! We loved making your cakes!! God bless you and congrats!! We wish you all the best!
  • Alison

Alison Bandy · Married on 10/21/2018

BEST tasting cakes EVER & gorgeously designed!!

I'm absolutely blown away by the taste and design of their cakes! They couldn't have been better to work with - Stephen and team are AMAZING! We told them exactly what we wanted for both cakes, and they blew us away! We found them, but our caterer confirmed we made the right choice (kept insisting she's tasted all & they're the best). Then, other vendors & ALL the guests were asking where we got our cakes! We are thrilled to this day to have used them - best wedding cakes ever! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Alison! Many blessings to you both! We loved doing your cakes. Thanks so much for the honor of being a part of your big day! Hope to see you soon!

Tara · Married on 10/06/2018

They were very patient with me and my needs changed and kept adding more to the order! Very flexible, the cookies and cupcakes were great. The wedding cake was beautiful and they delivered exactly what I had in mind! thank you all very much!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Tara! We were honored to be a part of your big day. Congratulations and many blessings!

Kelsey · Married on 01/31/2018

They provided a beautiful cake in a very short notice!

Sent on 02/18/2018

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2017

Our cakes were fantastic! They were as we envisioned and discussed. Stephen was wonderful to work with and was super flexible with our changes and responsive to questions. There was only one small issue that I noticed and that is that the fondant was buckling on the back of one of our cakes. I am not sure what was happening, but luckily they were able to put that to the back, therefore, it wasn't an issue. Perhaps it was a bit too humid for the cakes (it was quite humid even with the cakes inside). Overall, we had a fantastic experience.

The cakes were also all delicious. The tiered cake was strawberry with vanilla buttercream, one side cake was chocolate with chocolate ganache and chocolate buttercream, and the third was white cake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. The chocolate was by far the favorite and disappeared quickly. All three were moist, perfectly baked, and delicious.

I highly recommend Pennington's Cakes and will be back for future events!

Pennington's Cakes 19
    Pennington's Cakes 20
    Pennington's Cakes 21
    Pennington's Cakes 22
    Sent on 11/16/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! We are so pleased you loved your cakes. We look forward to many more happy occasions to come!

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2017

They did an beautiful job with our wedding cake! My MIL had surprised with getting our cake, and I couldn't have been happier! We had gotten Almond cake with Amaretto frosting, and it was delicious. I am definitely looking forward to eating it again for our first anniversary!

Pennington's Cakes 23
    Sent on 11/08/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks, Brittany! We loved making your cakes and are thrilled you were happy with our service! Many thanks to your MIL for making sure you had that memory on your wedding day! Blessings to you in your new life together!
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/30/2017

Pennington’s did an amazing job on our cake and grooms cake. Everyone loved it and talked about the amazing taste of the cake as well as the look. My husband and I absolutely loved it and do not regret picking Pennington’s.

Pennington's Cakes 24
    Pennington's Cakes 25
    Sent on 10/06/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Vanessa! We are so happy that you loved your cakes! We loved making them for you. Many blessings in your new life together!!

Megan · Married on 06/17/2017

I could speak for days about my experience with Pennington's. Just wonderful! You have come to the right place. I booked them for my wedding this past June and worked directly with Stephen. He was amazing! There was one day I stopped by unannounced and he wasn't in, but one of his employees helped me with no issues at all.

Like most bride-to-be's, I tried several different cake places, but this was the most affordable option plus amazing quality cakes and excellent service. I didn't think you could tell the difference in good quality cakes until I went cake tasting for my wedding and I soon learned the difference!

Stephen was very thorough from day one and was open to any and all suggestions I had. As our wedding day got closer, I had already paid off the cakes but realized that the serving amounts were much larger than my expected guest count, as that amount changed from my original anticipated amount. Well not only did Pennington's adjust our order to accommodate our new count, but were quick to refund what they owed us.

The quality of cake can be seen in the pictures (they were even better in person) and the taste was talked about for days with my family and friends. We had two cakes for our wedding with about 4 or 5 different flavors because all the cake was so good we couldn't narrow it down! Thank you Pennington's for being so incredible. We will be back!

Pennington's Cakes 26
    Pennington's Cakes 27
    Pennington's Cakes 28
    Sent on 10/14/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Megan! We LOVED being part of your day. We had loads of fun making your cakes, and we look forward to making more for you for whatever occasion you need. Many blessings to you and Juston!

Best cake I have ever tasted, and gorgeous too.

Sent on 03/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 12/29/2016

I would highly recommend Pennington Cakes! Stephen was a pleasure to work with and we got exactly what we were looking for! The cake and cupcakes that we got tasted amazing! People kept asking us where we got them because they loved them so much.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! We loved making your cakes and cupcakes. Many blessings!!

Angela · Married on 11/10/2016

Highly recommend for your next cake whether its wedding, birthday etc we gotten so many compliment's on how goof the cake was..

Sent on 01/24/2017

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Angela!! We appreciate your kind words. And we do hope that word is "good" not "goof." lol Many blessings to you!!

Emily · Married on 05/14/2016

Pennington Cakes baked our Bride and Groom's cake for our wedding. They did a fantastic job. The cakes were super moist, EVERYONE was wondering who baked them. My brides cake was a 4 tier cake, so we had red velvet, white, and chocolate, (top tier for anniversary cake). Groom's cake was yellow cake with chocolate ganache- may sound simple but the flavor was amazing! Also, they were reasonable. Our wedding was in Austin and we checked out many vendors in the Austin area, yet Pennington Cakes in San Marcos topped all the bakeries in Austin- price and just delicious, moist cakes! Most definitely recommend them.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and for choosing Pennington's Cakes! Many blessings to you!!

Morgan · Married on 05/14/2016

Penningtons did an amazing job on our cake! They went through the tasting with us and showed pictures to help guide me to my perfect cake. On the day of our wedding, they were swamped with college graduation but they still showed up on time and gave us great service. They decorated our cake with fresh flowers, which were provided by our florist making it look gorgeous. Our cake was a white with raspberry filling and was delicious! I'm so happy we chose them.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Morgan! You were a dream to work with and we are thrilled you loved your cakes. Many blessings and happy wishes to you both!

Amanda · Married on 04/30/2016

Our wedding cakes were amazing, not only were they beautiful but extremely delicious! My cake was a gorgeous 5 tier with beautiful mermaid scales going up the cake husband wanted his cake to be a Yeti ice chest, they delivered! Not only did it look exactly like a yeti ice chest, but they added fake ice cubes and a red fish coming out of the cooler. His cake was a huge hit at our wedding. Great friendly service with beautiful and great tasting product! My family has been using them for years and will continue to!

Sent on 05/29/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Amanda! Many blessings to you and Cory! Thanks for the kind words. We are thrilled you were happy with your wedding cakes. We had a lot of fun making them! Hope to see you soon!

Kate · Married on 04/17/2016

We loved our cake! Since we live in Boston, we were unable to come in for a cake tasting before choosing Pennington's for our wedding. However, we hired them based on all of their amazing reviews, and they were definitely right! After a 20-minute phone consultation with Steven, we placed our order. The cake was absolutely DELICIOUS and looked just like I imagined it would! Our wedding coordinator saved the top tier for us to enjoy on our anniversary, but the cake was honestly so good that we couldn't wait. We invited a few friends back to our hotel and polished off every last crumb the same night! Oops! ;) Thank you for your beautiful and yummy work!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you, Kate! We are so thrilled that you loved your cake. Loved meeting your sweet family briefly at the resort. We wish you and Emmanuel many blessings in your life together!!

Claire · Married on 04/08/2016

Very kind and helpful staff. The owner often corresponded with us directly and was always happy and helpful when answering my questions, making suggestions, or working with me to make changes to our order.

Sent on 05/28/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you Claire! We send you blessings for a long and happy life together!

The cakes were absolutely deliciously amazing! Everyone LOVED the way they looked and tasted!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Pennington's Cakes's reply:

Thank you for choosing Pennington's Cakes! Many happy wishes for you!