Penn Museum Reviews

Fantastic group!Easy work with

Sent on 12/20/2018

Kate Valerio · Married on 11/08/2018

Wedding of our dreams!

This museum holds a special place in our hearts. Bill and I had our first date, walking through the beautiful halls and exhibits in spring of 2014 and he later proposed to me in the Chinese Rotunda on 2/24/18. When researching venues, I initially thought that the Penn Museum would be way out of our budget . I did a bit of research and found the Sweet and Simple Ceremony and contacted Hladini Mensah
    Hladini answered all of my annoying questions and countless emails. She helped ease our nerves and even held one of our bags that held my spare shoes.
    Our Simple and Sweet ceremony was held in the Upper Egyptian Gallery on a beautiful Thursday in November. It was a perfect day!

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Penn Museum 8
    Penn Museum 9

Norman · Married on 10/27/2018

A Perfect Wedding!

Penn Museum is a gorgeous non-conventional venue with multiple different rooms/exhibitions/gardens available for use, and the coordinators (Atiya and Hladini) cannot be more helpful or friendly. Initially we were slightly concerned about having to use the exclusive in-house caterer - CxRA, worrying that we don't have much flexibilities or options. But CxRA (Michelle as the coordinator) had been nothing but flexible and excellent in their quality of food and service. Michelle and the chef even helped us create appetizers and desserts that were not on the menu. On the wedding day, Atiya and Michelle ran the show perfectly. Although we were repeatedly told by married friends to expect something to go wrong on our wedding day, we honestly could not think of anything that went wrong (thanks to our other vendors as well). And all of our guests could not stop talking about how great the venue and food were. So THANK YOU, Penn Museum!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Hj W Mcf. · Married on 10/06/2018

Beautiful venue with Best Coordinator!

My husband and I were married in the gorgeous Stoner Courtyard in October. Hladini, the coordinator who helped us plan, she was simply THE BEST. She responded to all of our NUMEROUS emails so quickly, answering all of our questions, helping us through all the logistics; we were so lucky to have her. Our guests loved the Courtyard, the trees were lush with the trickling sounds of the water fountain.... if you are planning for a very intimate wedding and wanna make your laugh and cry at a beautiful venue with the best helper in the world, Penn Museum is the one. :)

Sent on 02/13/2019

Lindsay · Married on 04/21/2018

My wife and I were looking for a unique wedding venue in Philadelphia and thankfully we stumbled across the Penn Museum by chance. Atiya was absolutely fabulous to work with and immediately made us feel welcomed from the very beginning. Additionally, she was always very responsive with any questions that we had and really goes above and beyond to make sure everything is set for the day. The venue is absolutely stunning and it's amazing that you can take advantage of multiple spaces that are available from the courtyard outside (where we had our ceremony) to the beautiful Chinese Rotunda and Upper Egypt Gallery for dinner and dancing. Michelle from Restaurant Associates (the museum's exclusive caterer) took fantastic care of us and the food was simply delicious! We highly recommend that anyone consider the Penn Museum for a wedding or event!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Donna · Married on 04/15/2018

My daughters wedding on 4/15/18 was so incredible that one guest remarked "how do you top this" LOL We weren't looking for a perfect day, just a happy one but we got perfection anyway. the venue is so gorgeous it takes your breath away. The catering manager and Facilities manager are so exceptional that they made the planning a pleasure. It was fun from start to finish. They are the best!! Price per guest and rental space was comparable to other places but nothing can touch them for elegance.

Sent on 04/20/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/14/2017

I truly can’t recommend the Penn Museum more highly. Working with Atiya and Michelle was an absolute pleasure. They made every aspect of planning this huge event a joy. We feel incredibly lucky to have had such a thoughtful, professional, and talented crew as part of our big day. Guests are still talking about how magical the wedding was!! They are so flexible (don’t have to call indoor vs outdoor til 10am the morning of) and were super accommodating to any request. We had a wedding with 155 guests in October. The ceremony was in Pepper Hall/Buddhism Gallery, cocktail hour in Lower Egypt, dinner in the Chinese Rotunda, and dancing in Upper Egypt. Our guests faces when they walked into each room were PRICELESS. We were initially a little worried about having an in house caterer but CXRA is absolute best case scenario. The food was fantastic. If we had chosen a different venue I would have wanted to pay them to come to us! I also highly recommend using Philly Star Events for your DJ and for lighting. They are experts in this unique venue. We had Kaitlyn Phillips as our day/month-of coordinator and I cannot speak more highly of her. I had ZERO stress on my wedding day, no lie! Our wedding day will forever be so special and even the guest photos are spectacular because the museum is so lovely!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Penn Museum 10

Darlene · Married on 10/07/2017

From start to finish, Atiya and Michelle were wonderful to work with, very quick with responses and help. Food outstanding. Cake beautiful and tasted wonderful. Staff was fabulous. A wedding never to forget. Thanks so much for a wonderful wedding. Sarah & Bo

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Penn Museum 11
    Penn Museum 12
    Penn Museum 13
    Penn Museum 14

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

We couldn't have asked for a better venue. In fact we got this place by luck. I had an 8 month planning session (which apparently is fairly difficult). It just so happened an even the museum was planning to run was canceled and I got the October 7th weekend. It was beautiful, the staff was very professional and I couldn't' have asked for a better spot. The only thing I would note is that there is no air conditioner and we somehow got an 80 degree day on October 7th, so it was slightly hot on the dance floor.

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Penn Museum 15
    Penn Museum 16

Grace · Married on 09/16/2017

I would highly recommend the Penn Museum as a wedding venue. First of all, the CxRA caterer that is affiliated with the venue is awesome. The food is absolutely delicious and visually appealing while the catering director, Michelle, is really easy to work with. Both the Penn Museum's facility director and coordinator, Atiya and Hladini, are also very professional and easy to work with. Hladini was assigned to us on our wedding day, and I couldn't be more impressed. I brought in a lot of DIY projects and was nervous about the coordination of set up, however, Hladini helped me and my family feel so comfortable and calm. Thank you to the Penn Museum team!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Briana · Married on 06/10/2017

We can't thank the Penn Museum enough for our truly phenomenal and magical wedding day! The day flew by without any venue hitches. Atiya and Michelle were amazing and so on top of everything. Not one single thing went wrong. The food was absolutely delicious and the venue was gorgeous. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 04/08/2017

This was a spectacular place to get married. You have access to whole museum and they are quite flexible on how you use it. We loved it because you could do everything there including the ceremony. The caterer (Restaurant Associates) were awesome and many of our guests said it was the best 'wedding food' that they'd ever had. Also you can't beat the beauty of the Museum. We hardly used flowers because it was so gorgeous.

Sent on 04/13/2017

Alexandra · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I celebrated both our wedding ceremony and reception here, and we could not have asked for a more unique and beautiful venue! Atiya was so acommodating and professional, and Michelle and the CxRA team provided the most delicious food we've ever had. Guests were BLOWN AWAY by the venue, and I can't recommend it enough!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Márcia · Married on 10/04/2016

Thank you so much for all your help Stefanie Sutton, you were attentive, responsive and kind!
    Our expectations were surpassed for such short notice!
    We were very happy with the outcome, exactly what we both wanted for our wedding ceremony; privacy, romanticism, mystery, and richness in ancient history!
    Glad for having you being a part of our story!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Patrick · Married on 09/03/2016

The museum is a wonderful place to have your wedding; you can choose from several different venues appropriate for different sized weddings. I highly recommend it.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Ajay · Married on 06/05/2016

Artifacts remain present during the ceremony/reception, creating an amazingly memorable venue. Overall it was excellent to work with Atiya and the Penn Museum.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/26/2016

An amazing and beautiful museum!

We were lucky enough to be able to get married in Lower Egypt. Our ceremony (in front of the Spinx Statue) will always be a memory never to be forgotten. Our memories are accompanied with gorgeous photos that are breathtaking and much different than regular wedding pictures.

If it wasn't for Stefanie helping us plan our wonderful day, none of it would have been possible. She was attentive, informative and extremely helpful. We look forward to spending more time in the museum, taking in all of the new and upcoming exhibits and always remembering the very special day the Penn Museum played in our lives.

Thank you.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Teri · Married on 03/12/2016

Everything about my wedding at the Penn Museum was perfect! I was so nervous about how things would go, but I shouldn't have been. Atiya, Stef, and Michelle were so patient and wonderful to work with. They made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day-of. The food was amazing, the service top-notch, and the decor was fabulous--you can't really go wrong with beautiful objects from thousands/millions of years ago all around! My guest are STILL talking about my wedding more than two months later!! Everyone loved it. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a spectacular venue with amazing service.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Kelley · Married on 01/02/2016

The Penn Musuem was so great, and I have such wonderful things to say about them, but I'll try to keep it brief: they were professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process, they thought of all the details and made sure things ran smoothly even when I totally dropped the ball on things (we didn't bring a cake topper, and Michelle kept me from stressing by using flowers from a centerpiece to hide the pole that was sticking up, and it honestly looked so professionally done and intentional I couldn't believe it), the food was incredible (they have all their events catered in-house) and all of our guests were in disbelief by the quality of food and the bar list. From all I've heard that the bride and groom don't eat or drink at their own wedding, I couldn't believe it but I ate my entire plate of food, we had our own personal host follow us around with apps and getting us drinks, we were able to talk to every table throughout the dinner, and I was able to dance to about 80% of the songs. This is because they figured all the details out for us and ensured that we were taken care of all night. At one point, I asked for a red bull vodka, and they sent someone to find a vending machine to get me one even though I made it clear if they didn't have one it was no big deal. They seriously were just so professional and nice and detail-oriented, in addition to having an amazing venue and food that everyone loved. I seriously just can't say enough good things about the Penn Museum for a wedding or event of any sort!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Having our wedding at thr Penn museum was fantastic, we got complemented a lot by friends and family for our choice of venue. The service was phenomenal. the staff was quickly responsive to all our concerns before and during the wedding. I certainly will recommend this venue to all couples. great affordability, excellent service.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Tom · Married on 10/10/2015

Obviously this review is a little overdue, as it's been eight months since our fantastic, 200+-guest wedding. But I couldn't possibly say enough good things about our experience. I work at the Penn Museum, and when I suggested having our wedding there to my wife, she loved the idea; her parents (who footed the bill) were thrilled with the idea, for the fact that it's so different a space than any country club—and far more beautiful. We enjoyed expert help and lightning-fast responses from Atiya, the Museum's Rentals Manager, as well as from Jenn, who manages the on-site catering on behalf of CxRA. The food was fantastic, the setting was perfect, and there were exactly zero problems throughout the planning process and the wedding itself. Since then, we've been inundated with compliments from family members about just how magical an evening it was. I cannot recommend enough this venue and its fantastic staff; if I had to go back and do this all over again, I'd do it exactly the same way.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Johanna · Married on 09/12/2015

The Penn museum was absolutely the perfect place to have our wedding. The staff was absolutely wonderful every step of the way.

Our guests were completely wowed by the decor. We were originally supposed to have the wedding in the courtyard, but a thunder storm forced us inside into the Sphinx gallery—which was awesome. Anyone can get married in a rustic themed wedding outside. Who gets married in front of a Sphinx. It was beautiful and memorable and absolutely amazing. I cannot recommend it more.

Sent on 11/01/2015

I loved having my wedding at the Penn Museum. It was a magical experience because of the world and exquisite ambience of the galleries, delicious food provided by Catering and Restaurant Associates, and the wonderful staff. I was a little worried about something going wrong because I didn't have an event planner, but Stefanie Sutton (rentals coordinator) did an amazing job making sure all went as planned. The entire catering team was a pleasure to work with as well. My wedding was truly the best night of my life

Sent on 10/11/2015

We couldn't have chosen a more beautiful location for our wedding ceremony. It was gorgeous and intimate, and made for fantastic pictures. The only downsides were that the lighting in the museum is designed to highlight the artifacts, so mostly lit from above which cast shadows, and that there is no air conditioning, so it was a little steamy.

Sent on 08/12/2015