Peninsula Yacht Club Reviews

13 | Cornelius, NC

13 Reviews for Peninsula Yacht Club

Jillian W. · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent!!

The Peninsula Yacht Club was the most perfect venue!! The views are absolutely breathtaking and we loved getting married by the water. We were even able to leave via boat, which was so neat!! Jeff, Emily and all of the staff were so helpful and worked hard to make sure our day was perfect. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Caroline · Married on 04/21/2018

For a girl that’s always dreamed of getting married by the water and not the typical Charlotte Uptown/Country Club wedding I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. From the moment we saw the formal dining room that backed up onto a large wrap around porch overlooking the lake we knew this was exactly where we wanted to hold our ceremony and reception. This venue became even more enticing when we heard PYC uses its own kitchen so there would be no need to coordinate with a caterer, they have their own tableware as well as a variety of linen colors so there would be no need to order rentals, and best of all the porch offered a built in rain plan. We could not thank our event coordinators Kelsey and Emily enough for all of their help and support throughout the planning process. They were truly wonderful and helped to keep us at ease as we navigated all the decisions that needed to be made. PYC does offer a menu tasting prior to deciding on your day of selections and everything we tried tasted wonderful. We greatly appreciated all the menu options available to us as well as PYC’s flexibility in mixing and matching items to form our ideal meal. Even though there are some small fees for extras such as the black/white dance floor, ceremony space rental, day of coordination and twinkle light installation the best value offered is the boat exit. My only regret was the music from the boathouse on the first floor wasn't turned off during our some of our processional and one of our family members had to run back to quickly turn down the volume. It was a simple mistake that can easily be avoided in the future! Absolutely loved working with the Peninsula Yacht Club to craft our perfect day and would happily recommend it to any brides looking for something a little off the beaten path of typical Charlotte.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Erin was the best. She answered all of our questions and guided us when we weren't sure what to do. She coordinated everything the day of the wedding as well. it was a beautiful day and everything went as planned.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Tara · Married on 07/12/2014

The Peninsula Yacht Club was fabulous! We have such wonderful memories of the beginning of our happily ever after with our friends and family due to the staff at the Peninsula Yacht Club and beautiful views of Lake Norman that it offers. Perfect venue for a wedding!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2013

The Yacht Club was the perfect place for our wedding! We had the ceremony right by the water and the reception on the deck overlooking the lake and boats! It was a beautiful setting and the sun going down over the water made it amazing. Erin was so great to work with and all the stuff went above and beyond to make our day perfect! The food was so delicious and people really enjoyed the variety. I recommend this venue to anyone. You really can't beat it!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Emily · Married on 09/07/2013

I wish i could get married all over again just to be able to work with Erin and her amazing team at PYC!! She put my vision together perfectly. She pretty much never said "no", which is what every bride dreads hearing! The food was PHENOMINAL, pretty much everyone at my wedding went out of their way to tell me how good the food was, how great the drinks were, and how beautiful the setting was! This was my perfect day and I couldnt have asked for a better venue. Thank you so much Erin!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Stacey · Married on 06/13/2009

From the planning stages to the day of our wedding, our experience was superb. The PYC�s experienced staff offered such creative ideas to make our wedding truly one-of-a-kind. From pulling up to the dock via antique boat in my wedding dress, followed by our lakeside vows to the gourmet meal, it was an experience none of the guests will soon forget.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

The staff at PYC did an amazing job! Everything was set up beautifully and the food was delicious. I had some many compliments from the guest about the food and atmosphere. They made my day stress free. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Crystal · Married on 09/13/2013

My wedding at the Yacht Club was amazing! The staff was friendly and helpful. The event coordinator, Erin, was heaven sent. I knew absolutely nothing about planning a wedding, and she was my guide every step of the way. The day of I was a nervous wreck, and everyone was so pleasant and supportive that it really helped calm the nerves. My group of people were not the easiest to deal with, and the staff took care of everything with ease.The photos of the venue itself are so beautiful that we are having several printed on canvas as gifts. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 10/10/2013

3.5

It was a beautiful event. Everything was first class and plenty of flexibility and willingness to accommodate our desires especially with contingencies according to weather, hot, cold, rainy or windy.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Brea · Married on 05/16/2015

4.2
      3.0

The staff at the peninsula yacht club has been very helpful!

Sent on 12/19/2014

3.8
      3.0

The Peninsula Yacht Club is a beautiful place to hold a wedding ceremony and reception. There has been a change in the event coordinator, with a new coordinator learning the ropes of the venue-- she has been willing to find the answer to any question we had. The YC is surprisingly the same cost as all other venues we looked into for our wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Jason · Married on 07/08/2017

3.4
      1.5
      2.5

My wife and I had our reception at the Peninsula Yacht Club in July. The setting is beautiful and provided us with the feel we always wanted for our wedding. However, the some of the service was disappointing. We provided our feedback to the club and everyone, even the property owners reached out to us to give their apologies and hear the details of our experience. After hearing our feedback they did all they could to make things right and we are very appreciative.

Sent on 02/11/2018