Pen Ryn Estate Reviews

Pen Ryn Estate 7
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Suggs · Married on 06/07/2019

This place is beautiful

This place was my top choice. I worked with Ashely who made our event run so smooth. She and the team was very responsive. She answered all
    Of my questions and put my concerns at ease. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was on top of everything. The food and drinks were delicious. I highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 03/30/2019

Best staff ever!

I cannot say enough good things about Pen Ryn and the people who worked there to help make my wedding day so beautiful and special! From the day we met Jenna at our tasting I knew we were in good hands! She went over every single detail with us and made sure everything we asked for was also written down on the contract. Ashley ended up taking over when Jenna went on maternity leave and she met all of the requests that we had discussed with Jenna perfectly. The two of them are so attentive and caring, they respond to emails within hours, and you can tell they really love what they do! It was so easy with them both! On the day of our wedding, my husband and I had the best bridal attendant James who made sure we had food, drink, and even brought a little sample of hors d’oeuvres up to our bridal suite where we decided to take a few minutes to ourselves right after our ceremony. The food was outstanding, we upgraded a few of the items at cocktail hour which I highly recommend. Luckily, without upgrading, you still get more options than any other venue we had visited. People are still raving about the food to us! Everyone loved the hibachi station, sushi station, and the mashed potato bar! The room was gorgeous as well, they redid Bell voir feb 2018 and the floors are just gorgeous. James, Jenna, Ashley and JP made this night beyond perfect with their service, the night went so smoothly that if I could recommend any venue at all I would 110% recommend Bell voir manor or Pen Ryn just because of the staff.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Liv

Liv · Married on 03/01/2019

Wonderful!

We had our wedding at Belle Voir Manor and everything was excellent: the food, the service and the grounds. Jenna, James and Jim (lol!) were incredibly helpful both before and during our big day, and I never had to ask for anything! So many different parts of the evening, like cocktail hour and the candy bar were a huge hit with our guests. This place does not feel like a “wedding factory” at ALL like some other popular venues, and we’re incredibly pleased that we chose to host here.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Carolyn Baker · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Venue

I would just like to say that the Pen Ryn Estate was awesome. From the grounds, to the venue, the food, and most especially the Staff. We had Bridget who I cannot say enough about, she was the greatest. We had our wedding on November 3rd and anything we needed or asked for was not a problem. They let me, the Mother of the Groom, and the Mother of the Bride in early so we could see the place by ourselves with out interruption. They catered to every need for the bride and groom down to putting every hors d'oeuvres on their table for them since they were so busy greeting their guests. I highly recommend the Pen Ryn Estates for your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Tegan

Tegan · Married on 10/05/2018

The Pen Ryn staff is simply amazing!

Bridget, James, and the rest of the staff made our night such a breeze! They stuck to the time line, and I think at one point we were ahead of schedule! I could go on all day about how amazing they were, we truly had an amazing day. And the food was delicious, all of our guests raves about their meals!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Tegan,

You are wonderful and we thank you so so much for writing this!! We will share with the staff as they work extremely hard to make your day special!! We wish you all the love and happiness and feel free to check in with us over the years as we love seeing anniversary pics and milestones =)

Pen Ryn Estate
    Event Team

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic venue & staff!

The venue itself is beautiful. Such a unique place overlooking the river. The house has such cool features and the ballroom had more than enough space. We can't say enough about the staff - specifically Jenna. She was extremely proactive throughout the planning process and really went above and beyond to make it a special day for us. All of our guests were so impressed with the food (appetizers and entrees). A big thank you to Pen Ryn for such a wonderful evening!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Jessica,

Thank you so so much for writing this!! Jenna along with the rest of the staff will certainly be notified as they work extremely hard to make the BIG day magical! Thank you again and we wish you all the love and happiness. Please keep us updated throughout the years as we love seeing anniversary pics and milestones =)

Pen Ryn Estate
    Event Team

Shay · Married on 10/04/2018

My wedding was 10/4/18 at Belle Voir Manor and it was the most beautiful day ever! The staff at Pen Ryn Estates was wonderful. Special thanks to Bridged, James and Jenna! They made sure everything ran smoothly when it unexpectedly starting raining. I would totally recommend this place for any events big or small. It’s absolutely beautiful and we had a great time!! Thank you again to all the staff at Pen Ryn!!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 12
    Pen Ryn Estate 13
    Pen Ryn Estate 14

Pen Ryn Estate's reply:

Shay, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It means the world to us. We will certainly be sharing this with the staff who works effortlessly. Enjoy the beautiful years to come and don't forget to send us pictures and update us periodically. Thanks again!!

Sue · Married on 08/11/2018

My daughters wedding was August 11, 2018. The reception was at Pen Ryn Estate. What an outstanding affair! The weather did not cooperate for us to enjoy the beautiful grounds and scenery but the staff and venue itself made up for it. Our coordinator, Jenna, was the most accommodating, attentive and professional that we could’ve ever have asked for. Our night ran smooth and was picture perfect because of her and the staff at Pen Ryn. I would highly recommend having your affair here if you’re looking for charm, elegance and a night to remember!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Robert · Married on 08/04/2018

Short Version: Book your Wedding here!
    Long Version: This was a fantastic Venue to celebrate our Marriage. They offer an all inclusive package(ceremony, catering, cocktail hour space, reception hall, bridal suite and open bar) that was better than most of the other services we had prices separately. The location is tucked away on the Delaware River just north of Philadelphia(near Philadelphia Mills) and offered plenty of places to take photos. Both venues were beautiful but we opted for the Belle Voir Manor as it was all one level which was good for our Elderly guests. (But just to note other site did have handicap access ramps). Jenna, James and the rest of the Staff made sure everything turned out just as we envisioned. On the day of our wedding it was looking likely to rain so the staff setup both the ballroom and the outside courtyard for the ceremony. Luck was on our side and the rain cleared out just in time for an outside ceremony but knowing we had a backup plan removed one of the day's stresses. From the Cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres to the Dessert Station the food was AMAZING. We went to the stations(buffet style) for the reception and it was a big hit. They also were able to add a vegan meal for one of our guests. Everyone says you don't get to eat at your wedding but Courtney our personal server made sure we got to taste everything and also brought drinks through our the day. We got a lot of complements on the food selection and the venue as a whole. I'm so glad we chose this place and would highly recommend it to others.

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 15
    Pen Ryn Estate 16

Lindsay · Married on 07/06/2018

When my now husband and I first set foot on Pen Ryn Estate, we were awestruck by the grounds and the views of the river. I had been researching venues, and when we found Belle Voir Manor, it was meant to be. We loved the cocktail hour room with it's large ceilings and beautiful architecture. We loved the ballroom complete with huge dance floor. I envisioned using both patios for when people wanted to go outside and get a quick view. I always wanted an indoor/outdoor feel, and being that our wedding was in July, we wanted people to be free to go outside. We opted for an outdoor ceremony onsite, and it was truly magical.

Now, let me tell you about the wonderful staff, and why you would be mistaken to not go with this site. We started our journey with Megan who helped make our Belle Voir dream a reality. She led us most of the way, but did end up leaving Belle Voir during our planning. Not to worry though, we were quickly swept off our feet by both Jenna and Bridget. They put to task making our day as special as we could have ever imagined. The staff is attentive, and listens to all of your desires, while also being realistic of what it will look like the day of. Jenna was our maitre-de the day of the wedding, and she took care of everything. Our guests have stated that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. The food was delicious, with many hors d'oeuvres to choose from and amazing entrees. Guests were never left waiting for what was next. It was just really fantastic. With our vendors and the amazing Pen Ryn staff leading the way, I truly felt like we had made the right choice and I will spend so much time reliving all of my favorite parts of that day. Thank you Pen Ryn for making us the happiest couple, and making our day one that we will remember for a lifetime! -Lindsay and Eric

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • KarenO

Karen · Married on 06/29/2018

I literally can't say enough good things about Pen Ryn and their event team. We had our wedding at the mansion on 6/29/18 and everything was so beautiful and went so smoothly. We booked our wedding with Megan, who was very professional and friendly. While the venue practically sells itself, it was the personal attention and expertise of Megan that really won us over at the start.
    As the wedding date approached, we began working with Bridget and Jenna, who were also very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and guided me to make sure that our wedding day went as smoothly as possible. And, it did!
    On the day of the wedding, we worked with Bridget, who was always there to quarterback the event and let everyone in the wedding party know where they should be and what they should be doing. She was especially great with our young flower girl and ring bearer, explaining to them what to do when walking down the aisle and putting them at ease. During the reception, she worked with the DJ to coordinate all the special moments (parent dances, cake cutting, etc.) to make sure they happened as planned too.
    The service we received as the wedding couple was also outstanding. Our bridal server was very attentive, making sure we always had food and drinks. I wish I wrote down his name, but I believe it began with a T. The food was outstanding too, and all of our guests raved about it.
    The location is also so, so beautiful. My husband and I loved the historic aspect of the estate and also that it looks out on the Delaware River. It was also very convenient for our guests, mostly from Philadelphia and Bucks County. We talked to so many other people who either had their wedding or their child's wedding there, or who went to a wedding there, and not one person had anything bad to say about Pen Ryn. We feel very lucky to have such a beautiful venue nearby, and that they had a top-notch event team to help make our wedding a success. Thank you all!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

Best wedding ever! My daughter's wedding at the Pen Ryn Estate was a beautiful and magical evening. When we first visited Pen Ryn, I knew that we had found the right venue. The ceremony on the Delaware was breath taking and the rooms for the cocktail hour and the reception were beautiful. The cocktail rooms and the room for the reception were set up precisely as we had envisioned and looked absolutely beautiful . The staff and service were excellent. Bridget was such a pleasure to work with. She was friendly, flexible and accommodating and did everything possible to make sure that the occasion was special. Bridget coordinated everything beautifully so that I was able to enjoy the evening without worry. We opted to have fireworks and it was money well spent. They were excellent and really awed the guests. The staff even made it easy when we left as everything was packed and waiting for us at the front door to load into our cars. Everything about our experience was first class. I have received so many complements about how wonderful the wedding was, including many who provided the comment I opened with - Best wedding ever! I would highly recommend Pen Ryn for a wedding, shower or any other event you might be having.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2018

I had my wedding here may 25th 2018 at Belle Voir. It was such a wonderful time and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that the day was an absolute success. I am so so glad we chose Belle Voir. The food was amazing, the space was beautiful, and the service was impeccable. The event planning team is simply amazing, I truly couldn't say enough wonderful things.

Sent on 06/16/2018
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/18/2018

Just have to start off by saying WOW!!! From the very beginning of planning our wedding up until the day, the staff at Pen Ryn Estate were very accommodating. My husband and I decided to give Pen Ryn a try after hearing great reviews from people that we knew. We called and set up an appointment and met with Brianne. She walked us through the 2 properties and we fell in love with Belle Voir Manor. We decided right then and there that this is where we wanted to have our wedding. Brianne was very helpful with every question that we had and her response to emails were very prompt. We were able to have a taste test and meet again to go over final details with Event Team. Jenna and Bridget were nothing short of AMAZING!! They made sure that our day went as smooth as it could and were on top of everything. During our wedding day, we were given someone who made sure that my hubby and I were happy. He brought us our on hor dourves while we waited in the Bridal Suite to be introduced and helped out in any way that he could. We received so many compliments about the venue, the food, the staff and the overall experience. I could not have had a better wedding day!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • CheeckyPinky39

Cyndi · Married on 04/20/2018

The Pen Ryn team was phenomenal. We can't stress enough how much they delivered on service. The food was to die for. We wanted for nothing during our event. Jenna was extremely helpful as we moved towards the end of our engagement and into the BIG day (our original planner left about 6 months before).

The staff made sure that not only was the bridal party taken care of, but that the guest were all expertly and generously looked after as well.

I would highly recommend Pen Ryn Mansion to anyone looking for a beautiful riverside venue for their event.

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 24
    Pen Ryn Estate 25
    Pen Ryn Estate 26

Danielle · Married on 02/24/2018

absolutely loved working with Bridget and the Pen Ryn staff! They went above and beyond with everything! We had the most perfect day!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Hannah · Married on 02/09/2018

The staff at Pen Ryn did a fabulous job putting on my wedding. My original event coordinator left about 3 months before the wedding, but Jenna was able to step right in without missing a beat. There were a lot of very particular cultural aspects involved and she and the rest of the staff got every one of them down perfectly. Overall they were great with being flexible and making sure my husband and I got what we wanted while staying within our budget. Oh, and the food was awesome!

Sent on 02/13/2018
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 01/20/2018

Our wedding at Pen Ryn Estate was nothing more than an absolute dream! We never thought we would be able to afford such a beautiful venue, but they really worked with us to make it everything we could want and more (wedding date was 1.20.18). Even when our even coordinator left Pen Ryn just a few months prior to the wedding, our new coordinators Bridget and Jenna made us feel like they had been with us from day one. Every detail was meticulously cared for which put me at ease both throughout the planning process and the day of. Our day went perfectly with the thanks of Jenna, Bridget, and Jim (our captain). They made sure we could want for nothing.
    We had both an indoor ceremony and reception at the Pen Ryn Mansion. The candle light fireplaces created a warm, cozy and classic atmosphere, making for the most perfect winter wedding! So many of our guests were raving about the ceremony and the venue throughout the night.
    Pen Ryn made it possible for Justin and I to have the best day of our lives!

Pen Ryn Estate 27
    Pen Ryn Estate 28
    Pen Ryn Estate 29
    Pen Ryn Estate 30

Ashley · Married on 12/01/2017

My husband and I couldn't be happier to have selected Pen Ryn Estate as our wedding venue. After our initial meeting with Brianne, our event coordinator, we knew immediately that this was the place—we never bothered to look elsewhere! Brianne was phenomenal and made the entire process seamless from beginning to end. Brianne and her team executed our vision more flawlessly than I could’ve ever imagined. Every detail of our day was absolute perfection. From arriving to dress in the bridal suite, to leaving at the end of the evening, everything and everyone exceeded our expectations and we were never treated any less than royalty. Our Captain, Jim, and our maître d’, Bridget were exceptional in every way. My husband and I never had an empty drink or wanted for anything. Their attention to detail was like no other and we couldn’t have been more pleased with how they went the extra mile with everything (i.e. constantly checking back to see if we needed anything, bringing appetizers up to the bridal suite, having my flats waiting for me at our sweetheart table.. I could go on and on!). They even made leaving at the end of the night simple—all of our things where packed up and waiting for us by the door. We especially appreciated how they took such great care of our immediate families throughout the entire evening. The food was, by far, the best we’ve ever had at a wedding. The mashed potato bar and the cocktail hour as a whole were such a hit. I was apprehensive to add steak to our menu as venues often serve overcooked filets, but not Pen Ryn. They took the time to check temperatures with my guest and everyone got theirs cooked exactly how they wanted. The cake and the confection plates were delicious, and the outdoor s'mores station was a huge hit. We were just so pleased with the food and our guests are still raving about it today. With such an incredible location, food, and staff, why would you go anywhere else? Thank you, Pen Ryn, for giving us the day of our dreams!

Pen Ryn Estate 31
    Pen Ryn Estate 36
    Pen Ryn Estate 37
    Pen Ryn Estate 38

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

We were married at Belle Voir a week ago today and we are wishing we could do it all again tonight!. The venue and grounds are picture perfect and we have received so many calls from our guests who were impressed with the food, the service and the absolute beauty of the surroundings. It was such a pleasure to work with Brianne this past year with all the planning and questions i had, she was always a phone call or email away and was super prompt with a response. The day of was a breeze with help from Shauna and all the staff who were attentive to our every need. If you are looking for a beautiful venue, with great food, service and value this is it!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Louise · Married on 11/10/2017

Our daughter and son in-law were married this past weekend at Pen Ryn.From the moment we first viewed Pen Ryn we fell in love with the venue.Our sales consultant, Megan was outstanding,she provided useful insights and always answered all of our questions. She was always available when we had questions and couldn't have been more cooperative. All of our expectations were exceeded. The venue was perfect. Our banquet manager, Shauna and our maitre d', Karen were also outstanding. The decorations we dropped off were set up impeccably. They were also picked up and packed perfectly at the conclusion of the event by Pen Ryn's staff. The hors d'oeuvres were delicious and served by a highly efficient staff.The pasta station, Asion stir-fried station and pastry table were all superb. All of our guests raived about the quality of the food served by a wonderful staff. All special requests were met. The signature drink was prepared to perfection. The scenic beauty of the venue speaks for itself. The reception exceeded all of our expectations. Thank you to Shauna,Megan,Karen and the entire staff for making this the perfect wedding day for the bride and groom.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/29/2017

This Estate offers 2 venues, the Mansion and Belle Voir Manor. Our wedding was at the Belle Voir Manor in October 2017. It was the same day as the awful "monsoon" rain storm, it didn't stop raining for even 10seconds...supposed to be lucky, right? I dealt with Brianne with the entire planning process, she answered any and all of my questions(I had ALOT). The staff was so organized, so helpful, friendly and always smiling. I never had to ask for anything the entire day/evening. The food was fantastic, the options are endless. They also partner with Isgro's Bakery in Philadelphia.....BEST wedding cake EVER(and no, not just because it was mine lol), we had vanilla cake with raspberry swirled in, DELISH. My only "complaint" is there was a minor fire incident(candle placed to close to the centerpiece by the florist) and there are NO PICTURES! HAHAHA. The staff handled it quietly and quickly with NO interruptions.
    Thank you again for all you do and making our day GREAT.
    Ps. If you have those pics...message me :)
    Stephanie

Pen Ryn Estate 39

Maureen · Married on 10/20/2017

My Husband and I married on 10/20/17 at the Belle Voir. What an AMAZING experience.
    From the very beginning, we knew we were in good hands. We planned everything with Megan, who was exceptional! She made sure all of our questions were answered and treated us like family.
    Jumping forward to our big day! Jenna (our Maitre'D) and Shauna (Manager) were phenomenal! Never once did we have to worry about anything! The food was delicious! The staff was amazing and made sure we were happy every step of the way. My Husband and I love cars. My favorite car is a Mustang. I tried to find a Mustang to rent to use as a backdrop for a few pictures, but was unable to. Little did I know, my husband spoke to Shauna (who owns a beautiful red Mustang) and she agreed to let us use her car for pictures! What an amazing surprise from my Husband and the staff! Shauna had her car cleaned, just for us to use!! My Husband was so excited to surprise me! At the very end of our night, Shauna and Jenna decorated the Mustang with "Just Married", tied cans to the back (Just like in the movies), had a sparkler send off, and even let my husband and I take the Mustang for a spin! This was the best experience ever! Our guests told us how much they really enjoyed their experience at Belle Voir. I will forever recommend this Venue to anyone who is getting married, having a party, ECT. Thank you Pen Ryn for the unforgettable experience! #prefamily

Sent on 10/22/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

We had our reception at Pen Ryn Mansion on 9/30/2017. Brianne was really great to work with throughout the planning process and the day of staff (especially Nicole who made sure we had everything we needed throughout the whole night) was amazing as well. The night went off perfectly - people raved about the food (especially the asian stir fry station) and dessert stations. The prices were very reasonable and the building and property were beautiful and made for a really unique wedding venue! We loved everything about Pen Ryn and would highly recommend it to any couples looking to get married!

Sent on 10/22/2017