Pen Ryn Estate Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Sheena
    Sheena Married on 08/01/2021

Awesome experience

They made my day extra special. Definitely made me feel like a princess and everything was on point to the T!

Pen Ryn Estate's reply:

Sheena, thank you so much for the kind words! Our entire team appreciates it =) We want every bride to feel like a princess so we're so excited to hear exactly that! We wish you all the love for the future!
  • Breanna
    Breanna F. Married on 07/18/2021

Excellent , beautiful venue, helpful, making wedding planning less stressful, cannot wait until next summer for our wedding.

So far, amazing venue as well as very responsive when you have questions. Havent got married yet but cannot wait to have my wedding here next summer!
  • Rose
    Rose Married on 06/19/2021

Magical Day I'll Never Forget

From the moment I booked with Pen Ryn, I knew I was going to have a magical day! Their sales team really helps you envision the day and provide such a welcoming experience. When first engaged I was so overwhelmed with the wedding process, but Pen Ryn made it easy to not only celebrate the engagement but get ready to plan the biggest day of my life. Then, once I was transferred to the Event Team, things really thrived. All my communications were answered in a reasonable time, but they also sent plenty of reminders to make sure I wasn't sending emails in panic mode. The day of the wedding was a whole nother level. Colin/Debbie, Eileen and the rest of the staff could not have made me feel more special. My guests were blown away by how dedicated the staff were and it clearly showed. I wish I could do this day all over again, and would highly recommend Pen Ryn Estate to anyone!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 09/04/2020

Trying to give a 5 for wonderful response

I have had to postpone our 5/15 wedding. Pen Ryn and especially Shauna have been so empathetic and responsive to our needs. Pen Ryn was able to give us a new date 9/4 at their new venue, Rivers Edge. I cannot tell you how much I am appreciative of Pen Ryn and all the staff to help make my wedding dreams come true. I know there are others that have had issues, but remember, we all booked our original dates 12-18 months out. That Pen Ryn was able to keep our dream alive has been nothing short of a miracle. I am so happy with Pen Ryn.
  • Kara
    Kara Married on 05/15/2020

Our wedding was perfect

We had an amazing experience with Pen Ryn for our wedding. Ours was at the newest venue River’s Edge and it was beautiful. The venue is right on the river and is breathtaking. Our guests could not stop telling us how beautiful and incredible it was. My favorite part was the lighting in the tent, it was so pretty! Colin and Shauna and the staff were great and made sure we ate as the couple and had everything we needed.
    They were great about finding is a rescheduled date due to Covid and we couldn’t be more happy with how our day turned out. We wish we could relive it everyday! Thank you so much to the team at Pen Ryn for making our wedding dream a reality.
  • Libby
    Libby B. Married on 01/05/2020

Stunning, Affordable Reception Venue!

The Pen Ryn Estate encompassed everything we wanted for our wedding day! The location is beautiful, our guests really enjoyed being so close to the water! We had our reception at the Belle Voir Manor and there was literally no detail that I wanted left unturned. The staff was so easy to work with and responded quickly prior to the wedding and were even more amazing the day of. My husband and I (and our parents) had a personal attendant to make sure we ate and drank all night long, his name was Jim and if he takes care of you, you will be well-fed and cared for all night long, he truly goes above and beyond. He even helped bustle my dress and prepared a special dessert plate for us at the end of the night! Bridget was great as an attendant for my parents table all evening as well. Colin and Debra were also running our event, and they were constantly checking in and making sure that we were content and that nothing was going wrong (and even if something was, it was immediately handled--my florist forgot to bring a toss bouquet and Debra made one for me as soon as I mentioned it. We received endless compliments on the food and cocktail hour, the base package alone includes so many options, most of our guests were full before they even got their meals. The night went off without a hitch, the rooms looked exactly how I described to Colin at event drop-off (he took detailed notes and was SO thorough), the venue is beautiful, the staff is incredible and you get an amazing value for the price. Highly recommended for any events you have coming up!

Libby,

You are amazing!! Thank you so much for taking the time to review every details. Our staff truly go above and beyond to make the day magical and to receive such kind words means so much. Thank you thank you thank you!!
  • Bridget
    Bridget A. Married on 12/07/2019

Magic at the Mansion

When you are selecting a venue, especially a good time in advance from your big day, it can be difficult to trust the process. From the moment we walked in and saw the Mansion set up for the holidays, we knew this is where our magical day would take place.
    From the get-go the team was extremely flexible and forthcoming. A lot of changes were happening internally with staff but that did not affect our planning or interactions at ALL.
    As we got closer to the big day, Colin was absolutely amazing; he answered all my questions but it was the drop off appointment I felt at ease and excited for the big day. We reviewed the last minute details and discussed the day-of timeline and needs. I had complete trust the reception would go smoothly working with Colin.
    The day of was a whirlwind dream but Colin, "My" Jim (as the bridal party called him), and team treated us like absolute ROYALTY. A drink was never wanted, the food was plenty. Jim even made sure my mom and sister MOH were taken care of, and the dessert surprise was the best. Oh, and Jim even helped rip some pesky crinoline off my dress when I was tripping over it - FULL SERVICE!

Food was SPECTACULAR! Guests were RAVING about the food, before during and after. *SHOUT OUT TO THE DONUT WALL!!

Fire pits were a hit, and the bridal suite was the perfect getaway when you needed a moment to breathe or hang out with your 22 person bridal party beforehand.

The ambiance was magical (other guests words so, success!)
    The food was amazing
    The staff was stellar
    We could not have asked for anything more.

Thank you Pen Ryn Mansion!
    -Bridget & Tom Carey
  • Z
    Zoe Married on 11/15/2019

All in one venue

I planned my wedding from across the country and for that reason knew I wanted to go with a venue that was all inclusive. My husband and I attended a wedding at Belle Voir years ago and fell in love but thought it would be out of our price range. To my surprise, Pen Ryn was very willing to work with us to get to a price we felt comfortable spending. During planning, the event team was so responsive to emails and was so flexible with us on scheduling our tasting outside their normal tasting events. The night of the wedding ran SO SMOOTHLY - we were truly able to be completely present during the entire evening and not have to stress. We also had our ceremony inside the belle voir ballroom and it looked BEAUTIFUL. The food was incredible and we still have compliments rolling in from our guests.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth K. Married on 10/06/2019

Beautiful Venue, Awesome Staff

We had our wedding at Pen Ryn Manor on 10/6/19 and it was a beautiful day. The venue itself is beautiful and was a great backdrop for the ceremony and pictures. My specific team of people were also wonderful. Ashley, my coordinator, was so nice and accommodating and I felt like everything was under control. The sever assigned to us for the night, Dom, was also great. He made sure we had food and drinks the entire night and was just really pleasant to work with. Guests raved about the venue and the food. It was a perfect day.
  • Mandy
    Mandy H. Married on 09/15/2019

Our wedding was gorgeous, unique and perfect

We got married at the Pen Ryn Mansion and we couldn’t be more grateful that we chose the Pen Ryn as our location. The venue is stunning, unique and special. This was the first venue we had looked at in person, and after completing only half our list of venues to see, we decided nothing would compare to the Pen Ryn and stopped looking. All of our guests were impressed with how beautiful the wedding was. But the people we worked with really helped the day go off without a hitch!

Leading up to the big day, we spoke with both Ashley and Colin, who were sure to answer all of our questions and make everything we wanted possible. Their responses were always quick and whatever our request or problem was, they’d do what was possible to make sure our day was perfect. When I made it known to Ashley that I was disappointed that there wasn’t a mac-and-cheese bar, they added the pasta to their preexisting mashed potato bar to make it happen. When, two days before the wedding, I told Colin I was nervous about my 96-year-old grandfather lasting the whole night, he brought a comfy chair down into a private room so my grandfather could have somewhere comfortable and quiet to take a nap if he needed a break.

Since we got married mid-September, we were unsure how the weather would be. We were told that if it was a little chilly, they’d put complimentary heaters on the patio for us. If it was still hot, they’d provide us with a complimentary water station for the outside ceremony. These were decisions we could make that day. We were also told that if the weather was iffy with the possibility of rain, they only needed two hours to move everything inside, as opposed to other venues that said they’d need to know the day before. Their flexibility was invaluable.

Ashley was our day-of coordinator and we couldn’t have been happier! Her enthusiasm and love of her job is radiant. During our drop off appointment, I was so stressed and overwhelmed but when Ashley was all giddy and energetic, it made me feel that way too. She was thorough reviewing all of our decorations and instructions to make sure the day would go off without a hitch – which it did! In fact, when we did a walkthrough of the room, it looked better than we had envisioned! She added a few extra items that they had at the Pen Ryn that we hadn’t thought about. Our expectations were truly exceeded on every level. We couldn’t have been happier with our decision to have the Pen Ryn as our venue and the Pen Ryn staff working with on our big day!
    Marie S. Married on 09/13/2019

Perfect, Beautiful with awesome food and staff!

I had my daughter's wedding shower at Belle Voir Mansion. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Everyone I worked with Aubrey, Collin and especially Ashley were terrific. ask y guests commented on the beautiful venue, decor and food. I couldn't believe not 1 negative amongst women! Totally perfect day. I would not hesitate to strongly recommend this venue to all my friends. It was affordable and fabulous! I almost wish I had another reason do another event there again.
    Caitlin Married on 09/13/2019

Fantastic venue!

I got married on 9/13 at Pen Ryn Estate and had an amazing experience. The event team is extremely organized and responsive and our day of event manager, Ashley, went above and beyond to ensure our wedding was perfect. Our guests raved about the food and beautiful mansion. Highly recommend!
    Shannon Married on 09/06/2019

Beautiful venue on the Delaware River

We had our wedding at Pen Ryn (Belle Voir) this past September. The venue and the surrounding grounds are beautiful! The event team at Pen Ryn was easy to work with. When my Dad was unexpectedly hospitalized in the midst of wedding planning, Pen Ryn was very supportive. There were so many unknowns and we were not sure if he would be well enough to attend our food tasting. The event team was very accommodating and allowed us to add him last minute. Communication was both clear and timely. We did have some issues regarding pricing in our contract (e.g. we were quoted one price for transportation/napkins, but then the price changed in the contract), but Pen Ryn quickly rectified the information after we brought it to their attention. The event team did a fantastic job to make sure our wedding day ran smoothly. It unexpectedly showered right before our ceremony and we had already committed to having it outside. Pen Ryn brought our guests inside and worked quickly to dry off the chairs. Luckily we had a break in the weather and we were able to still have the ceremony outside! Every staff member from the bartenders to chefs were so professional and friendly. We received so many compliments from our guests regarding Pen Ryn. A special shout out to Judy, our bridal attendant who made sure my husband and I were well fed and never had an empty drink; and to Ashley, who was a huge proponent in making sure our wedding day was perfect! Thank you again for everything!
    Gina Married on 08/30/2019

Absolutely Perfect

We used the Pen Ryn Mansion for our wedding ceremony and reception this past summer and could not ask for a better experience. The Sales Team and Events Team were SO easy to work with and always such a pleasure to speak with. They honored all of our requests and the day-of was flawless. We worked with Ashley on our actual wedding day and she made the experience so special and personal. We are still receiving so many compliments about how smooth, fun, and beautiful our wedding was. We HIGHLY recommend Pen Ryn Estate for a wedding ceremony and/or reception!
    Stephanie Married on 08/11/2019

Absolutely stunning

I don’t know where to start! This venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was amazing and helped every step of the way with no hesitation or bad attitude when I got to be a little much. They answered back very quickly and tried to accommodate Any request I had. They went above and beyond. I have already recommended and will keep recommending this venue.
  • Molly
    Molly Married on 08/09/2019

Greatest day of our lives

My husband & I got married on August 9th, 2019 at the Pen Ryn Mansion. We had the most AMAZING experience & it’s all thanks to the WONDERFUL staff at The Pen Ryn Estate! From beginning to end, we were given pristine service & the staff had always been professional. When you think about everything that goes into a wedding – Pen Ryn has it all! Best food, views, drinks, staff – it’s all there! As the wedding got closer, the Event Team & I went back & forth with emails. I found myself apologizing for constantly emailing & being indecisive. I remember Colin telling me to never apologize & this is their job – understanding we are indecisive because it’s the most important day of our lives and making it perfect. They didn’t meet our expectations, they exceeded them! The moment my HB & I arrived, Colin (so helpful to us throughout the entire process) met to congratulate us on our marriage! We were an hr late because our trolley broke down & pushed back the timeline. Colin assured me that it’s going to be the best night ever. It was so refreshing to have Colin there & tell us that everything was going to be great. The Event Team truly makes you feel confident on your decision to have your wedding at their estate. Once we arrived & were greeted by Colin, he introduced us to Shauna (event coordinator) & Debbie (Maitre D’) who were both so kind & welcoming! Debbie got us drinks from the beginning & was around making sure we had everything we needed. Shauna & Colin also helped bustle my dress! Because the trolley broke down, we would all miss the cocktail hr because of pictures. Shauna & Colin offered to extend cocktail hr so that we could be there for it. That was very nice & shows how flexible they are when things don’t go as planned! The reception was incredible & everything was perfect! They took our food & heated it up when we got distracted. That way it would be hot when we sat down to eat it! Once the night was over, Shauna helped pack up our things. The food, grounds, drinks, EVERYTHING was top notch! The staff made sure to set some food from cocktail hr at our sweetheart table - it was delicious. The Stir Fry station was empty before cocktail hour was over, but the food was replenished to serve more guests! Butlered waiters came around multiple times with the Hors D’Oeurves. My HB & I really liked our entrees & were sad that our food didn’t get refrigerated overnight (our fault). We didn't get a chance to eat our cake either (our fault too – too much partying! Staff did set it out for us. We just didn’t sit to eat it, so they packed that up too). The desserts were so delicious – we had many leftovers, & those were the best cannolis I’ve ever had! People have commented on how well the bar area was run by the bartenders - making great quality drinks & people were attended to in a timely manner. People thought the grounds were stunning. Pen Ryn Estate is truly the best wedding venue & the Event Team is incredible! From the scheduled tour, to food tasting, to final details phone call with Ashley (who is so sweet & hardworking), & to the drop off appointment with Colin (helping my mom & I carry everything in & answering all our questions). They’re easy to work with & will help you & your spouse have the wedding of your dreams. Thank you to the Event Team at Pen Ryn, we owe it all to you! If you are thinking of scheduling a tour with Pen Ryn, do it! Perry & I give Pen Ryn’s staff, food, venue, drinks, overall experience 5 stars!
  • Corey
    Corey G. Married on 07/27/2019

Pen Ryn Was Perfect! Especially Jim!

We are so happy to have found Pen Ryn Estate. We chose to get married at the Belle Voir Manor about 1 year prior to the wedding, and it was perfect. The Pen Ryn team made it exceptionally easy to make all of our wedding dreams come true. Everything could not have been possible without Jim, our wonderful day-of coordinator. What honestly could have been a very stressful time was relatively stress free for us. He was right by our side, and our bridal party's side, the entire day, and was there to answer any questions and was so thoughtful in getting us drinks, finding people for pictures, and anything else we could have needed or wanted. Everything truly went as planned. We received so many compliments from our guests, we know this could not have been possible without all of the wonderful staff. We truly are so thankful and glad we chose Pen Ryn Estate/Belle Voir Manor for our wedding venue. We will cherish that day forever.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie V. Married on 07/04/2019

Perfect Wedding Day!

I can't say enough about how amazing Pen Ryn Estate is! Pen Ryn was the first and last wedding venue we visited. I was immediately sold with the beautiful grounds, two lovely venues to choose from and extremely friendly and helpful staff! My husband and I got married on July 4, 2019 at the Belle Voir Manor and just had the most perfect day! Everything went off without a hitch and was absolutely beautiful! The food was amazing, everything was set up exactly how I pictured, and the night ended with an awesome sparkler send off! What really made the day even more easy and perfect was the incredible staff! Shauna was so helpful and just so friendly and easy going! She was even super understanding and flexible when I locked my keys in my car on the day of my drop off appointment and was super late! THANK YOU! I was over the moon that she would be the one also taking care of us on the day of the wedding! Jim is another amazing staff member and he seemed to know what I needed before I even did! I definitely felt like royalty as he continuously brought me and my husband fresh cold drinks and even turned me on to my new favorite drink! Jim you are amazing and my family and bridal party can't stop talking about how awesome you are! Thank you so much to Pen Ryn Estate, especially Jim and Shauna, for making my wedding day perfect and day to remember!!! Don't hesitate to book your wedding at Pen Ryn Estate! You will not be disappointed!
  • Devon
    Devon Married on 06/16/2019

Dream come true

Pen Ryn - I don't even know where to start. THANK YOU to EVERYONE who made our wedding truly a dream come true. Ashley, Debbie, Jim, Colin, the whole team was fabulous. The property the day of the wedding was swept, fountains cleaned, floors shiny, spotless! The grounds were nicely groomed, and the staff made sure no one was walking or sitting near the river during the ceremony - which was greatly appreciated. The staff was on top of my husband and my needs - quick to provide us with snacks, food, drinks, etc. throughout the day and were always making sure we were calm and comfortable. The appetizers, salads, main courses, and dessert all came out on time, were perfect temperature and tasted fabulous. The whole day ran on schedule, and neither of us worried about a thing. I could go on and on but ultimately, if you are considering having a wedding at Pen Ryn - do it - you will not regret it. Thank you again to everyone involved, we are forever grateful and appreciative. Love , Devon and Ali - 6/16/19
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline S. Married on 06/07/2019

This place is beautiful

This place was my top choice. I worked with Ashely who made our event run so smooth. She and the team was very responsive. She answered all
    Of my questions and put my concerns at ease. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was on top of everything. The food and drinks were delicious. I highly recommend to anyone!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 03/30/2019

Best staff ever!

I cannot say enough good things about Pen Ryn and the people who worked there to help make my wedding day so beautiful and special! From the day we met Jenna at our tasting I knew we were in good hands! She went over every single detail with us and made sure everything we asked for was also written down on the contract. Ashley ended up taking over when Jenna went on maternity leave and she met all of the requests that we had discussed with Jenna perfectly. The two of them are so attentive and caring, they respond to emails within hours, and you can tell they really love what they do! It was so easy with them both! On the day of our wedding, my husband and I had the best bridal attendant James who made sure we had food, drink, and even brought a little sample of hors d’oeuvres up to our bridal suite where we decided to take a few minutes to ourselves right after our ceremony. The food was outstanding, we upgraded a few of the items at cocktail hour which I highly recommend. Luckily, without upgrading, you still get more options than any other venue we had visited. People are still raving about the food to us! Everyone loved the hibachi station, sushi station, and the mashed potato bar! The room was gorgeous as well, they redid Bell voir feb 2018 and the floors are just gorgeous. James, Jenna, Ashley and JP made this night beyond perfect with their service, the night went so smoothly that if I could recommend any venue at all I would 110% recommend Bell voir manor or Pen Ryn just because of the staff.
  • Liv
    Liv Married on 03/01/2019

Wonderful!

We had our wedding at Belle Voir Manor and everything was excellent: the food, the service and the grounds. Jenna, James and Jim (lol!) were incredibly helpful both before and during our big day, and I never had to ask for anything! So many different parts of the evening, like cocktail hour and the candy bar were a huge hit with our guests. This place does not feel like a “wedding factory” at ALL like some other popular venues, and we’re incredibly pleased that we chose to host here.
    Carolyn B. Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Venue

I would just like to say that the Pen Ryn Estate was awesome. From the grounds, to the venue, the food, and most especially the Staff. We had Bridget who I cannot say enough about, she was the greatest. We had our wedding on November 3rd and anything we needed or asked for was not a problem. They let me, the Mother of the Groom, and the Mother of the Bride in early so we could see the place by ourselves with out interruption. They catered to every need for the bride and groom down to putting every hors d'oeuvres on their table for them since they were so busy greeting their guests. I highly recommend the Pen Ryn Estates for your wedding!!!
    Jessica Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic venue & staff!

The venue itself is beautiful. Such a unique place overlooking the river. The house has such cool features and the ballroom had more than enough space. We can't say enough about the staff - specifically Jenna. She was extremely proactive throughout the planning process and really went above and beyond to make it a special day for us. All of our guests were so impressed with the food (appetizers and entrees). A big thank you to Pen Ryn for such a wonderful evening!

Jessica,

Thank you so so much for writing this!! Jenna along with the rest of the staff will certainly be notified as they work extremely hard to make the BIG day magical! Thank you again and we wish you all the love and happiness. Please keep us updated throughout the years as we love seeing anniversary pics and milestones =)

Event Team