Pen Ryn Estate Reviews

Pen Ryn Estate 6
Pen Ryn Estate 7
  • Breanna

Breanna French · Getting married on 07/12/2020

Excellent , beautiful venue, helpful, making wedding planning less stressful, cannot wait until next summer for our wedding.

So far, amazing venue as well as very responsive when you have questions. Havent got married yet but cannot wait to have my wedding here next summer!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Marie Sohinki · Married on 09/13/2019

Perfect, Beautiful with awesome food and staff!

I had my daughter's wedding shower at Belle Voir Mansion. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Everyone I worked with Aubrey, Collin and especially Ashley were terrific. ask y guests commented on the beautiful venue, decor and food. I couldn't believe not 1 negative amongst women! Totally perfect day. I would not hesitate to strongly recommend this venue to all my friends. It was affordable and fabulous! I almost wish I had another reason do another event there again.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Gina C · Married on 08/30/2019

Absolutely Perfect

We used the Pen Ryn Mansion for our wedding ceremony and reception this past summer and could not ask for a better experience. The Sales Team and Events Team were SO easy to work with and always such a pleasure to speak with. They honored all of our requests and the day-of was flawless. We worked with Ashley on our actual wedding day and she made the experience so special and personal. We are still receiving so many compliments about how smooth, fun, and beautiful our wedding was. We HIGHLY recommend Pen Ryn Estate for a wedding ceremony and/or reception!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2019

Absolutely stunning

I don’t know where to start! This venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was amazing and helped every step of the way with no hesitation or bad attitude when I got to be a little much. They answered back very quickly and tried to accommodate Any request I had. They went above and beyond. I have already recommended and will keep recommending this venue.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 08/09/2019

Greatest day of our lives

My husband & I got married on August 9th, 2019 at the Pen Ryn Mansion. We had the most AMAZING experience & it’s all thanks to the WONDERFUL staff at The Pen Ryn Estate! From beginning to end, we were given pristine service & the staff had always been professional. When you think about everything that goes into a wedding – Pen Ryn has it all! Best food, views, drinks, staff – it’s all there! As the wedding got closer, the Event Team & I went back & forth with emails. I found myself apologizing for constantly emailing & being indecisive. I remember Colin telling me to never apologize & this is their job – understanding we are indecisive because it’s the most important day of our lives and making it perfect. They didn’t meet our expectations, they exceeded them! The moment my HB & I arrived, Colin (so helpful to us throughout the entire process) met to congratulate us on our marriage! We were an hr late because our trolley broke down & pushed back the timeline. Colin assured me that it’s going to be the best night ever. It was so refreshing to have Colin there & tell us that everything was going to be great. The Event Team truly makes you feel confident on your decision to have your wedding at their estate. Once we arrived & were greeted by Colin, he introduced us to Shauna (event coordinator) & Debbie (Maitre D’) who were both so kind & welcoming! Debbie got us drinks from the beginning & was around making sure we had everything we needed. Shauna & Colin also helped bustle my dress! Because the trolley broke down, we would all miss the cocktail hr because of pictures. Shauna & Colin offered to extend cocktail hr so that we could be there for it. That was very nice & shows how flexible they are when things don’t go as planned! The reception was incredible & everything was perfect! They took our food & heated it up when we got distracted. That way it would be hot when we sat down to eat it! Once the night was over, Shauna helped pack up our things. The food, grounds, drinks, EVERYTHING was top notch! The staff made sure to set some food from cocktail hr at our sweetheart table - it was delicious. The Stir Fry station was empty before cocktail hour was over, but the food was replenished to serve more guests! Butlered waiters came around multiple times with the Hors D’Oeurves. My HB & I really liked our entrees & were sad that our food didn’t get refrigerated overnight (our fault). We didn't get a chance to eat our cake either (our fault too – too much partying! Staff did set it out for us. We just didn’t sit to eat it, so they packed that up too). The desserts were so delicious – we had many leftovers, & those were the best cannolis I’ve ever had! People have commented on how well the bar area was run by the bartenders - making great quality drinks & people were attended to in a timely manner. People thought the grounds were stunning. Pen Ryn Estate is truly the best wedding venue & the Event Team is incredible! From the scheduled tour, to food tasting, to final details phone call with Ashley (who is so sweet & hardworking), & to the drop off appointment with Colin (helping my mom & I carry everything in & answering all our questions). They’re easy to work with & will help you & your spouse have the wedding of your dreams. Thank you to the Event Team at Pen Ryn, we owe it all to you! If you are thinking of scheduling a tour with Pen Ryn, do it! Perry & I give Pen Ryn’s staff, food, venue, drinks, overall experience 5 stars!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Pen Ryn Estate 13
    Pen Ryn Estate 14
    Pen Ryn Estate 15
    Pen Ryn Estate 16
    Pen Ryn Estate 17
  • Corey

Corey Goldstein · Married on 07/27/2019

Pen Ryn Was Perfect! Especially Jim!

We are so happy to have found Pen Ryn Estate. We chose to get married at the Belle Voir Manor about 1 year prior to the wedding, and it was perfect. The Pen Ryn team made it exceptionally easy to make all of our wedding dreams come true. Everything could not have been possible without Jim, our wonderful day-of coordinator. What honestly could have been a very stressful time was relatively stress free for us. He was right by our side, and our bridal party's side, the entire day, and was there to answer any questions and was so thoughtful in getting us drinks, finding people for pictures, and anything else we could have needed or wanted. Everything truly went as planned. We received so many compliments from our guests, we know this could not have been possible without all of the wonderful staff. We truly are so thankful and glad we chose Pen Ryn Estate/Belle Voir Manor for our wedding venue. We will cherish that day forever.

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 06/16/2019

Dream come true

Pen Ryn - I don't even know where to start. THANK YOU to EVERYONE who made our wedding truly a dream come true. Ashley, Debbie, Jim, Colin, the whole team was fabulous. The property the day of the wedding was swept, fountains cleaned, floors shiny, spotless! The grounds were nicely groomed, and the staff made sure no one was walking or sitting near the river during the ceremony - which was greatly appreciated. The staff was on top of my husband and my needs - quick to provide us with snacks, food, drinks, etc. throughout the day and were always making sure we were calm and comfortable. The appetizers, salads, main courses, and dessert all came out on time, were perfect temperature and tasted fabulous. The whole day ran on schedule, and neither of us worried about a thing. I could go on and on but ultimately, if you are considering having a wedding at Pen Ryn - do it - you will not regret it. Thank you again to everyone involved, we are forever grateful and appreciative. Love , Devon and Ali - 6/16/19

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Pen Ryn Estate 18
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline Suggs · Married on 06/07/2019

This place is beautiful

This place was my top choice. I worked with Ashely who made our event run so smooth. She and the team was very responsive. She answered all
    Of my questions and put my concerns at ease. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was on top of everything. The food and drinks were delicious. I highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 03/30/2019

Best staff ever!

I cannot say enough good things about Pen Ryn and the people who worked there to help make my wedding day so beautiful and special! From the day we met Jenna at our tasting I knew we were in good hands! She went over every single detail with us and made sure everything we asked for was also written down on the contract. Ashley ended up taking over when Jenna went on maternity leave and she met all of the requests that we had discussed with Jenna perfectly. The two of them are so attentive and caring, they respond to emails within hours, and you can tell they really love what they do! It was so easy with them both! On the day of our wedding, my husband and I had the best bridal attendant James who made sure we had food, drink, and even brought a little sample of hors d’oeuvres up to our bridal suite where we decided to take a few minutes to ourselves right after our ceremony. The food was outstanding, we upgraded a few of the items at cocktail hour which I highly recommend. Luckily, without upgrading, you still get more options than any other venue we had visited. People are still raving about the food to us! Everyone loved the hibachi station, sushi station, and the mashed potato bar! The room was gorgeous as well, they redid Bell voir feb 2018 and the floors are just gorgeous. James, Jenna, Ashley and JP made this night beyond perfect with their service, the night went so smoothly that if I could recommend any venue at all I would 110% recommend Bell voir manor or Pen Ryn just because of the staff.

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • Liv

Liv · Married on 03/01/2019

Wonderful!

We had our wedding at Belle Voir Manor and everything was excellent: the food, the service and the grounds. Jenna, James and Jim (lol!) were incredibly helpful both before and during our big day, and I never had to ask for anything! So many different parts of the evening, like cocktail hour and the candy bar were a huge hit with our guests. This place does not feel like a “wedding factory” at ALL like some other popular venues, and we’re incredibly pleased that we chose to host here.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Carolyn Baker · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing Venue

I would just like to say that the Pen Ryn Estate was awesome. From the grounds, to the venue, the food, and most especially the Staff. We had Bridget who I cannot say enough about, she was the greatest. We had our wedding on November 3rd and anything we needed or asked for was not a problem. They let me, the Mother of the Groom, and the Mother of the Bride in early so we could see the place by ourselves with out interruption. They catered to every need for the bride and groom down to putting every hors d'oeuvres on their table for them since they were so busy greeting their guests. I highly recommend the Pen Ryn Estates for your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Tegan

Tegan · Married on 10/05/2018

The Pen Ryn staff is simply amazing!

Bridget, James, and the rest of the staff made our night such a breeze! They stuck to the time line, and I think at one point we were ahead of schedule! I could go on all day about how amazing they were, we truly had an amazing day. And the food was delicious, all of our guests raves about their meals!

Sent on 10/12/2018

Tegan,

You are wonderful and we thank you so so much for writing this!! We will share with the staff as they work extremely hard to make your day special!! We wish you all the love and happiness and feel free to check in with us over the years as we love seeing anniversary pics and milestones =)

Pen Ryn Estate
    Event Team

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

Fantastic venue & staff!

The venue itself is beautiful. Such a unique place overlooking the river. The house has such cool features and the ballroom had more than enough space. We can't say enough about the staff - specifically Jenna. She was extremely proactive throughout the planning process and really went above and beyond to make it a special day for us. All of our guests were so impressed with the food (appetizers and entrees). A big thank you to Pen Ryn for such a wonderful evening!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Jessica,

Thank you so so much for writing this!! Jenna along with the rest of the staff will certainly be notified as they work extremely hard to make the BIG day magical! Thank you again and we wish you all the love and happiness. Please keep us updated throughout the years as we love seeing anniversary pics and milestones =)

Pen Ryn Estate
    Event Team

Shay · Married on 10/04/2018

My wedding was 10/4/18 at Belle Voir Manor and it was the most beautiful day ever! The staff at Pen Ryn Estates was wonderful. Special thanks to Bridged, James and Jenna! They made sure everything ran smoothly when it unexpectedly starting raining. I would totally recommend this place for any events big or small. It’s absolutely beautiful and we had a great time!! Thank you again to all the staff at Pen Ryn!!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 23
    Pen Ryn Estate 24
    Pen Ryn Estate 25

Pen Ryn Estate's reply:

Shay, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! It means the world to us. We will certainly be sharing this with the staff who works effortlessly. Enjoy the beautiful years to come and don't forget to send us pictures and update us periodically. Thanks again!!

Sue · Married on 08/11/2018

My daughters wedding was August 11, 2018. The reception was at Pen Ryn Estate. What an outstanding affair! The weather did not cooperate for us to enjoy the beautiful grounds and scenery but the staff and venue itself made up for it. Our coordinator, Jenna, was the most accommodating, attentive and professional that we could’ve ever have asked for. Our night ran smooth and was picture perfect because of her and the staff at Pen Ryn. I would highly recommend having your affair here if you’re looking for charm, elegance and a night to remember!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Robert · Married on 08/04/2018

Short Version: Book your Wedding here!
    Long Version: This was a fantastic Venue to celebrate our Marriage. They offer an all inclusive package(ceremony, catering, cocktail hour space, reception hall, bridal suite and open bar) that was better than most of the other services we had prices separately. The location is tucked away on the Delaware River just north of Philadelphia(near Philadelphia Mills) and offered plenty of places to take photos. Both venues were beautiful but we opted for the Belle Voir Manor as it was all one level which was good for our Elderly guests. (But just to note other site did have handicap access ramps). Jenna, James and the rest of the Staff made sure everything turned out just as we envisioned. On the day of our wedding it was looking likely to rain so the staff setup both the ballroom and the outside courtyard for the ceremony. Luck was on our side and the rain cleared out just in time for an outside ceremony but knowing we had a backup plan removed one of the day's stresses. From the Cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres to the Dessert Station the food was AMAZING. We went to the stations(buffet style) for the reception and it was a big hit. They also were able to add a vegan meal for one of our guests. Everyone says you don't get to eat at your wedding but Courtney our personal server made sure we got to taste everything and also brought drinks through our the day. We got a lot of complements on the food selection and the venue as a whole. I'm so glad we chose this place and would highly recommend it to others.

Sent on 08/19/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 26
    Pen Ryn Estate 27

Lindsay · Married on 07/06/2018

When my now husband and I first set foot on Pen Ryn Estate, we were awestruck by the grounds and the views of the river. I had been researching venues, and when we found Belle Voir Manor, it was meant to be. We loved the cocktail hour room with it's large ceilings and beautiful architecture. We loved the ballroom complete with huge dance floor. I envisioned using both patios for when people wanted to go outside and get a quick view. I always wanted an indoor/outdoor feel, and being that our wedding was in July, we wanted people to be free to go outside. We opted for an outdoor ceremony onsite, and it was truly magical.

Now, let me tell you about the wonderful staff, and why you would be mistaken to not go with this site. We started our journey with Megan who helped make our Belle Voir dream a reality. She led us most of the way, but did end up leaving Belle Voir during our planning. Not to worry though, we were quickly swept off our feet by both Jenna and Bridget. They put to task making our day as special as we could have ever imagined. The staff is attentive, and listens to all of your desires, while also being realistic of what it will look like the day of. Jenna was our maitre-de the day of the wedding, and she took care of everything. Our guests have stated that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. The food was delicious, with many hors d'oeuvres to choose from and amazing entrees. Guests were never left waiting for what was next. It was just really fantastic. With our vendors and the amazing Pen Ryn staff leading the way, I truly felt like we had made the right choice and I will spend so much time reliving all of my favorite parts of that day. Thank you Pen Ryn for making us the happiest couple, and making our day one that we will remember for a lifetime! -Lindsay and Eric

Sent on 08/02/2018
  • KarenO

Karen · Married on 06/29/2018

I literally can't say enough good things about Pen Ryn and their event team. We had our wedding at the mansion on 6/29/18 and everything was so beautiful and went so smoothly. We booked our wedding with Megan, who was very professional and friendly. While the venue practically sells itself, it was the personal attention and expertise of Megan that really won us over at the start.
    As the wedding date approached, we began working with Bridget and Jenna, who were also very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and guided me to make sure that our wedding day went as smoothly as possible. And, it did!
    On the day of the wedding, we worked with Bridget, who was always there to quarterback the event and let everyone in the wedding party know where they should be and what they should be doing. She was especially great with our young flower girl and ring bearer, explaining to them what to do when walking down the aisle and putting them at ease. During the reception, she worked with the DJ to coordinate all the special moments (parent dances, cake cutting, etc.) to make sure they happened as planned too.
    The service we received as the wedding couple was also outstanding. Our bridal server was very attentive, making sure we always had food and drinks. I wish I wrote down his name, but I believe it began with a T. The food was outstanding too, and all of our guests raved about it.
    The location is also so, so beautiful. My husband and I loved the historic aspect of the estate and also that it looks out on the Delaware River. It was also very convenient for our guests, mostly from Philadelphia and Bucks County. We talked to so many other people who either had their wedding or their child's wedding there, or who went to a wedding there, and not one person had anything bad to say about Pen Ryn. We feel very lucky to have such a beautiful venue nearby, and that they had a top-notch event team to help make our wedding a success. Thank you all!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

Best wedding ever! My daughter's wedding at the Pen Ryn Estate was a beautiful and magical evening. When we first visited Pen Ryn, I knew that we had found the right venue. The ceremony on the Delaware was breath taking and the rooms for the cocktail hour and the reception were beautiful. The cocktail rooms and the room for the reception were set up precisely as we had envisioned and looked absolutely beautiful . The staff and service were excellent. Bridget was such a pleasure to work with. She was friendly, flexible and accommodating and did everything possible to make sure that the occasion was special. Bridget coordinated everything beautifully so that I was able to enjoy the evening without worry. We opted to have fireworks and it was money well spent. They were excellent and really awed the guests. The staff even made it easy when we left as everything was packed and waiting for us at the front door to load into our cars. Everything about our experience was first class. I have received so many complements about how wonderful the wedding was, including many who provided the comment I opened with - Best wedding ever! I would highly recommend Pen Ryn for a wedding, shower or any other event you might be having.

Sent on 06/16/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2018

I had my wedding here may 25th 2018 at Belle Voir. It was such a wonderful time and the staff went above and beyond to make sure that the day was an absolute success. I am so so glad we chose Belle Voir. The food was amazing, the space was beautiful, and the service was impeccable. The event planning team is simply amazing, I truly couldn't say enough wonderful things.

Sent on 06/16/2018
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/18/2018

Just have to start off by saying WOW!!! From the very beginning of planning our wedding up until the day, the staff at Pen Ryn Estate were very accommodating. My husband and I decided to give Pen Ryn a try after hearing great reviews from people that we knew. We called and set up an appointment and met with Brianne. She walked us through the 2 properties and we fell in love with Belle Voir Manor. We decided right then and there that this is where we wanted to have our wedding. Brianne was very helpful with every question that we had and her response to emails were very prompt. We were able to have a taste test and meet again to go over final details with Event Team. Jenna and Bridget were nothing short of AMAZING!! They made sure that our day went as smooth as it could and were on top of everything. During our wedding day, we were given someone who made sure that my hubby and I were happy. He brought us our on hor dourves while we waited in the Bridal Suite to be introduced and helped out in any way that he could. We received so many compliments about the venue, the food, the staff and the overall experience. I could not have had a better wedding day!

Sent on 06/18/2018
  • CheeckyPinky39

Cyndi · Married on 04/20/2018

The Pen Ryn team was phenomenal. We can't stress enough how much they delivered on service. The food was to die for. We wanted for nothing during our event. Jenna was extremely helpful as we moved towards the end of our engagement and into the BIG day (our original planner left about 6 months before).

The staff made sure that not only was the bridal party taken care of, but that the guest were all expertly and generously looked after as well.

I would highly recommend Pen Ryn Mansion to anyone looking for a beautiful riverside venue for their event.

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Pen Ryn Estate 35
    Pen Ryn Estate 36
    Pen Ryn Estate 37

Danielle · Married on 02/24/2018

absolutely loved working with Bridget and the Pen Ryn staff! They went above and beyond with everything! We had the most perfect day!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Hannah · Married on 02/09/2018

The staff at Pen Ryn did a fabulous job putting on my wedding. My original event coordinator left about 3 months before the wedding, but Jenna was able to step right in without missing a beat. There were a lot of very particular cultural aspects involved and she and the rest of the staff got every one of them down perfectly. Overall they were great with being flexible and making sure my husband and I got what we wanted while staying within our budget. Oh, and the food was awesome!

Sent on 02/13/2018