Pella Opera House Reviews

Pella Opera House View more information

• Libby
    Libby Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing staff

They helped me out so much with planning, the day before, and on the day. Anne & Megan were fantastic helps. I believe her name is Cindy (hope thats right) helped out so much with the music and other things. Thank you so much. Everything was gorgeous and a perfect place to get married. Especially being able to have both reception and ceremony there. I also loved taking all our pictures out side the venue.
  • Noelle
    Noelle Married on 05/11/2019

Best wedding venue

They made for sure my day was perfect. The event coordinator wanted nothing but my dream fairy tale! The staff was amazing and responsive. Beautiful day!
    Alison Married on 10/19/2013
    Beth the manager at the Opera House was the best help to me as a bride. She calmed any concerns and took on all the responsibility of the evening. The venue is beautiful and historic which was perfect for our elegant evening. I had a lot of questions and ideas and Beth was great at brainstorming and being patient with me. I could not have asked for a better evening. It was even better than any of my hopes and dreams.
    Chantell Married on 06/22/2013
    Working with Beth was fun and easy. She was extremely helpful. The Opera House was beautiful, it was exciting getting married up on stage. I even got to have my Malti-poo (12lb dog) in the wedding with me.
    Stephanie Married on 05/16/2008
    The Pella Opera House is where we booked our reception. It has a beautiful interior - unfortunately, it books up fast during the summer. They are extremely flexible and willing to work with you.
    Lexus Married on 07/29/2017
    Loved having our reception here. They were in the process of changing personnel which caused a few glitches, but made our huge wedding work in their space. It was wonderful!
    Jessica Married on 06/24/2017
    Stephanie and the rest of the staff was great to work with.
  • Sophia
    Sophia F. Married on 01/09/2021

Extremely Dishonest - Took $1000 from us and won't respond

Please, for your own sake, do not trust this company with your money. They literally lied to our faces about their Covid Policy verbally and took our money and will not answer us. It was extremely deceptive after how nice they were during the tour and claiming to be so accommodating. I personally have a hard time supporting any company that treats their clients this way with so much money on the line and I would never wish this experience on any bride. Just save your money, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, and realize the ethics of this company is extremely flawed after the pandemic is over if you're thinking about getting married here.

Pella Opera House's reply:

Our Covid policy at the time, which was explained to this out-of-state family at the video tour, is to fully refund if we are closed due to Covid. In our phone call, I also offered to continue our discounted rate (25% reduction in normal rates offered to anyone who holds their wedding prior to March 31, 2021) to this family through the end of 2021, especially in light of the amount of work we have already done for this wedding, we truly wanted to help create her special day. However, I have been working with our board for the past two weeks to to update our policy in light of Iowa’s increasing rates. As of last night (prior to this review), our board determined to refund to any rental concerned about Covid. I’ve contacted several other events but It’s unfortunate that I haven’t yet responded to this family but with several other weddings and the opening of our large festival of trees, I simply didn’t get that call made yet. For that, I apologize.