Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course Reviews

Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 5
Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 6
Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 7
  • User6521478 ·

As the Bride, I looked at over 12 different venues and was sadly disappointed and getting beyond frustrated. Once I went to the Split Rock Golf Course, I immediately fell in love! The Split Rock Golf Course is the place to be! It is amazingly affordable. You will not disappoint and the staff is always available for any questions or concerns. John Braca is the Senior Private Event Manager and he is fabulous. Whether you're getting married for the first time or renewing your vows; he will cater to your every need. Very knowledgeable, honest, and most importantly, solely focused on the couple to be. Mr. Braca leaves no detailed unturned, he creates a wedding vision of perfection. The gazebo is stunning for an outdoor wedding and the golf greens are spectacular! This is an understatement!The Split Rock Golf Course is the Bronx's jewel! I encourage EVERY New York City Bride to go to the Split Rock!

Sent on 04/04/2016
  • LovelyinLove

Mirtha · Married on 08/16/2019

Bronx Jewel

OMG where do we start?! My dream wedding was achieved because of two things. The beautiful venue that gives you the choice to host your wedding outdoors and the wonderful people who worked nonstop through alllll my questions and concerns. First is John, what an angel! We booked almost a yr in advance, so the amount of questions, comments and concerns that I had leading up to the wedding would had driven ppl off the wall. John was 100% always responsive and attentive. The day of the wedding he was my hype man! He kept everything in order leading up to the wedding and I had 0 stress! Next is Al, he help us for our rehearsal because we didn’t know what we were doing! He took the time to guide each of us through rehearsal and the day of the wedding he made sure communication between him and the rest of the vendors was crystal clear! We were running a little behind schedule but he made sure transitions from ceremony to cocktail, pictures, reception and entertainment was seamless. And lastly Kristin! Ugh! Loveeddd heeerrr!! She was all about me as soon as I got to the venue, she walked around with my veil and holding my train for pictures and she was stressing my bustle more than I was. She made sure I was eating and drinking and enjoying myself the whole night. I wish I could relive my wedding day it was an amazing experience and this venue and the people in it will make sure you have the time of your lifeee!!! We chose outdoor dance floor and dining and everyone loved how it was different. THE FOOOODDD... amazing! My guest loved the second course which was penne a la vodka! Then we had choice of steak, salmon or chicken! I heard no complaints! Cocktail hour we had so many choices! Trust me, you will fall in love with the venue! We sure did, we wish we can turn back time and do it all over again!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 25
  • Mercedes

Mercedes Estrada · Married on 08/03/2019

Masquerade Sweet 16

While searching for the perfect venue for my daughter's Masquerade Sweet 16 I found Pelham Bay Split Rock. I found a "jewel" hidden in the Bronx. The place was absolutely gorgeous, the decor was perfect, and the event manager, Jessica Vasquez, truly made my planning less complicated. She was a professional, knowledgeable, she made dance practices possible, she was flexible with time and flexible with payments. I am extremely grateful for her help. Once August 3, 2019 arrived, I was overjoyed as to how beautiful the room looked, the guests were complimenting the staff as to professionalism, attentiveness during the whole event. The food was delicious, the Open Bar was amazing. The night was magical for my baby girl and also for family and friends. Memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you with all our hearts Jessica and the service staff. You all rock the BEST. Mercy & Family.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Ariana Chilingirian · Married on 03/15/2019

Very impressive

My fiancé and I were looking at a few locations near the Bronx to have our engagement party at. We automatically fell in love with Split Rock the minute we passed by the facility. It is absolutely gorgeous on the outside and even more breathtaking on the inside. We reached out to John, which is the event director, and he was extremely helpful from the very beginning. We booked this venue a few months prior to our party and John was there to help every step of the way. He is extremely quick with answering emails and phone calls and really cares about what the customers want and need. John was very flexible when it came to making payments, which made our life very easy when dealing with everything that comes along with party planning. He also allowed us to come by in the morning the day of the party and set up for hours before the guests arrived. We wanted to do the decorating ourselves because we had a specific vision and John was very nice about that. Once we got there for the party everything that I had asked for was complete. I was thrilled with how beautiful and perfect the room looked. The wait staff was extremely helpful and willing to work. There was never a moment when a single guest had to ask for something because the wait staff was already on top of it. Cocktail hour was amazing! Reception was amazing! The food was just great. I could not ask for a better experience. I will definitely be throwing more parties at Split Rock and will recommend them to all with no hesitation. Thank you again John & staff!!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • F

Fiona · Married on 09/08/2018

My wedding was September 8th 2018 at Pelham Split Rock and couldn’t be more pleased! John, the event manager was absolutely amazing! First off, this venue is not a typical reception venue which is why we chose it in the first place, we wanted to give our guests a different experience than the normal catering hall and host a complete outdoor reception. Split Rock allowed us to execute this vision perfectly! We utilized all the spaces and our guests loved it! There was flexibility for them to move around indoors and outdoors, we had our beautiful outdoor dance floor, cigar rollers and even a food truck pulled up right to our dance floor! John ensured that everything we asked for was executed, he went above and beyond to customize our food, desserts and experience! The food was delicious and plentiful, our guests had nothing but compliments on everything that was being served, from the cocktail hour to the specialty desserts from Conti’s who also did my wedding cake which was incredible and delicious! The drinks were also on point and I never had an empty glass thanks to John, he was always watching my glass and ready with a refill at the drop of a hat. This venue is so flexible and open minded, they are willing to work with your budget and offer you an all-inclusive package that really is a good bang for your buck.

On top of all of this, we took a risk on an outdoor reception and unfortunately were met with a little drizzle just as the reception was about to start, I must say John worked his butt off to reformat our outdoor setup inside and then back outside

Sent on 09/14/2018
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 31
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 32
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 33

Candice · Married on 08/25/2018

I just had my wedding there on August 25, 2018. It was AMAZING! I was initially drawn to the venue because it was different. Not like the traditional ballrooms that you would usually see a wedding held in. We didn’t want our wedding to be that stuffy. This place was perfect and completely fit our personalities. There are two tents. The main tent is where all the guests are seated and dinner is served. The second tent was a lounge space where we had a cigar roller, photo booth, charge bar, and highball tables. The dance floor was outdoors between the two tents. On the lawn, we had cornhole, beer pong, and putting. It was the right amount of laid back while still formal and classy. My guests were all impressed and had a great time. There was something for everyone to do. Service was amazing, food was great. John and his staff are super easy to work with. Love this place!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 34

Elaine · Married on 07/14/2018

Wedding Event 2018
    My husband and I wanted to sincerely extend our deepest gratitude to John and staff for making our day so special. It was a extreme pleasure working with professionals. We also wanted to especially commend Jessica, the private event manager who was exceptionally helpful with everything that pertained to our needs on our wedding day. Staff was courteous and professional
    not to mention the beauty of the Pelham Bay Split Rock Golf Course, which we would highly recommend to anyone planning any special event So that being said, we thank you and all your staff from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day a dream come true.

Sent on 07/25/2018
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 35
    Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course 36

Christina · Married on 06/15/2018

I just had my wedding at Split Rock on 6/15/18 and I can't say enough amazing things about our day. I looked in to a few places before finally deciding on Split Rock. Not only did I come to find that I knew the event coordinator there, but the place is just beautiful. You get the whole venue for your event, and with it being on a golf course, your view is perfect. The gazebo, the indoor tent, the pavilion for cocktail hour, the outside patio - so many different areas for your special day! John was amazing to work with, and he went above and beyond to make sure the venue looked exactly how I envisioned and then some - everything was perfect!!!! My maître-d was always available to help me, she even sewed my bustle on my dress because it had torn while dancing!! My bridal attendant, Sarah, was on point - she was always making sure me and my husband had a drink, she brought us food, she helped me at the end of the night with my dress, she helped pack up all our stuff and load it into our car, she was sweet and wonderful to work with - I truly can't say enough good things about her! Split Rock, the staff, the location, everything about it was more than I could have imagined, and I would recommend them 100% for your wedding, or any event for that matter!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Mirela · Married on 09/09/2017

Talk about the perfect location and the perfect Bridal Shower... Everything was absolutely amazing from the location, to the staff, to the food, and most importantly the two Event Coordinators, John and Jessica. They exceeded my expectations in every way imaginable. I couldn't be happier and my guests can't stop talking about it. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • Jacklyn

Jacklyn · Married on 09/09/2017

I recently had my wedding at Split Rock and can't even begin to explain how phenomenal everything was. First, John is the most amazing, caring, and attentive person to work with. During the planning process, we made multiple visits to the location and called and emailed countless times, and every single time, John made sure to thoroughly answer everything and with a smile on his face. Planning everything with him involved was super easy and they are very accommodating and able to make changes to their packages to accommodate each weddings needs, something you don't see very often. We did the all-inclusive package which includes flowers, DJ and cake and all of the vendors were awesome and easy to work with. Flash forward to the day of, and everything was done perfectly! The day was better than I could imagine and every single employee was sweet and attentive. I wouldn't change a thing about the day and am so happy that we decided to get married here!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Carolina · Married on 07/20/2017

Just got married here on July 20th, John was very helpful throughout all of the wedding planning. The day of the wedding was incredible, everything I asked for and wanted. ing
    The Maitre D, his name is Edwin, was on top of EVERYTHING and was extremely nice and accommodating. The bridal attendant, Julissa, made sure I had everything I needed and most importantly made sure that I ate.

All the staff members were very professional and the food was delicious, I am still getting compliments on the venue and the food.

Thank you John, Edwin, Julissa and the rest of the staff for making it the wedding of my dreams!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Janet · Married on 07/02/2017

I booked my daughter’s Sweet Sixteen at Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course for July 2nd, 2017. John was very helpful to me; especially that I had to plan this party at the last minute. He was able to answer all my questions and made things very easy for me. He was always willing to speak with me, respond to all of my emails and answer any questions in detail and in a timely fashion. John handled all of our party details with ease. The venue itself is well taken care of and looked beautiful for the event. The staff was amazing. The food was delicious! Everyone was very impressed and happy. The attendant and Matre'D were unbelievable to my daughter and our guests! The event decorator was able to come in early and start decorating. The DJ was able to set up without any issues. By the time I arrived, an hour prior to the event, everything was almost finished.
    I would still highly recommend this venue. Everything was perfect and our guest really loved the location, the food, the service and the overall experience. Thank you so much to the staff who really took care of us, they helped to make my daughter’s dream of being a princess for a day, a reality.

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • .

Neal · Married on 05/28/2017

We haven't had our wedding here yet but so far they've been great to work with.

Sent on 02/14/2017

AnneMarie · Married on 03/17/2017

Highly recommended venue! From planning to celebrating, every step of the way was easy and fun! Tammi was attentive to all our requests and desires. She saw our vision and made sure to convey that to the staff. On the day, all the staff was highly attentive to our guests' needs. The decor was beautiful. Chef Howard created a delicious and elegant array of foods! Everyone raved over the amazing food! I highly recommend that you check out this venue! Truly a great experience

Sent on 04/26/2016

Shay · Married on 11/06/2016

I don't know where to beginning! Split rock made my wedding dreams come true. This review is well overdue, my wedding was in November of 2016. This venue was my first choice when looking for an outdoor beautiful venue that could accommodate me depending on weather during that season and I'll tell you split rock was verrryyy accommodating. To add to that the response time and professionalism that John showed us during this whole experience made me so comfortable. I have referred this venue to soooo many people. You really won't be let down in booking this venue! Trust me

Sent on 07/18/2017

Arlene · Married on 10/30/2016

Thanks to the BEST event planner Mr. John Braca who made my 50th B'day party one that is still talked about to this day. Words cannot describe the way the staff embraced us and personally, I felt like royalty. The level of professionalism exhibited by the staff overall was superb. Everyone was courteous, accommodating, and the best waiting staff one can ask for to complete that perfect day. Thank you, John and staff, for making my day so spectacular you all "ROCK".....
    Arlene

Sent on 12/31/2016

Alice · Married on 10/14/2016

I had my daughter's bridal shower at Pelham Split Rock and I am so happy I chose this venue! From my first meeting with Johnnie Braca and throughout the planning process it was stress free. He was most accommodating, attentive, and available to my many questions and requests. The shower was perfect!! (kudos to Edwin, our maitre'd). The food, the setting and the service was wonderful. My daughter and guests were raving from the start. I cannot say enough good things about Split Rock or the staff and would recommend this place to anyone interested in throwing a GREAT party!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Eunice · Married on 10/02/2016

Book this venue if you want to be able to make your wedding unique. John Braca let us have all the flexibility to have our perfect day. The staff truly works with you to get your day exactly right and provides all the help you need from the florist to transportation and everything in between. They also do not nickel and dime you with settings and chairs - and they are very affordable!
    They let us have everything we wanted and more. Thank you!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Emily · Married on 09/01/2016

We had our wedding here on 9/1/16 and it was breathtaking!! Our guest could not stop talking about how beautiful everything was, plus how much fun they had. The staff is on point. We never wanted for anything Edwin or Dawna was right there anticipating our every need! Edwin is the absolute best!! He kept us moving along and made sure we had fun and enjoyed our day. I didn't want the party to end. Go with the all inclusive package. The cake vendor is the absolute best too. My cake was sooooo good and exactly like the pictures we sent them. John Braca dealt with my crazy emails with professionalism, and I felt like I was his only client. They are very attentive and everyone was on the butts working to setup the room better than I could have ever imagined. You won't regret booking your event here!! Rain kept us from having the perfect outdoor ceremony but John Braca didn't let a lil rain, rain on our parade. I'm still on cloud 9 and can't believe I am now a married woman!! Thank you Split Rock for making our day so memorable and absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Dawn · Married on 08/04/2016

Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Course is an amazing venue that offers first class service. In August I had my daughter's Sweet 16 party there. From the first moment that we met John Braca and saw the place we knew this was the place to have her party. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is extremely attentive and the food is delicious!!! John worked closely with us to personalize her party the way she wanted it. He had to deal with all the crazy emails from my daughter and me. The evening was magical and my daughter still talks about how she felt like a princess. All of our guests had an amazing time. Thank you Split Rock for making Meghan's Sweet 16 perfect!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Eleanor · Married on 08/04/2016

My granddaughter Meghan had her Sweet 16 at Split Rock in August. I would like to praise the staff at Split Rock for a wonderful experience, not only for my granddaughter, but also for all of us who attended. From the time that we first met with the staff to choose the menu and the decor, to the night of the party, everything was well orchestrated. The staff was knowledgeable and there were no glitches. The night of the party was truly magical, the food superb and the wait staff did a great job. I would truly recommend the Split Rock to my friends and family.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Katie · Married on 06/04/2016

I had my wedding at Split Rock in June 2016. This review has been a long time coming (sorry!), but as my husband and I come up on our 1 year anniversary, all of the wonderful memories that were made that day come to mind! We were living in Maryland but planning a New York wedding. We had done extensive online research about a ton of places, and my mom who lives in NY also went around to potential venues. When she visited Split Rock, she loved it and told me she thought we were going to love it. It was the last placed we looked, because we booked it on the spot. The grounds were beautiful and provided a lovely backdrop for the celebration and photos. I was SO bummed when it ended up raining that day and we didn’t get to take all of the pictures I had been looking forward to taking, but the ones we have are beautiful! (We had started with the party and dance floor set up outdoors and dinner inside the pavilion, but they were keeping their eye on the forecast and when they saw that rain was coming, they VERY quickly switched gears and helped make sure we had our first dance and intros outside and then everyone was inside by the first rain drop). We were the only party there, which is something I was very concerned about with other giant venues that had the capacity for multiple events. I wanted an intimate wedding with just our party, and Split Rock is the perfect place for that. The food was delicious! The staff was amazing, professional, and so friendly. John was our coordinator and he was the best!!! He made everything SO easy, which is exactly what a bride wants, especially a bride planning from a different state! I am so thankful to him for making our day so wonderful! Guests were still raving about the party months after we said I do! We had a truly wonderful experience with Split Rock and we would recommend it to anyone thinking of having a wedding or other event there in a heartbeat! Thank you!!!

Sent on 05/20/2017

gina · Married on 05/27/2016

We had my daughter's Sweet 16 party here. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Thank you to John and the entire staff at Pelham Split Rock for the superior service and the elegance of a memorable evening. Gina and Isabella

Sent on 06/13/2016

Melanie · Married on 10/25/2015

I had my wedding here this past October. The space was absolutely beautiful, and this place is definitely the best value you will find in New York City. The venue itself is gorgeous, you get extremely attentive service, and the food is delicious. While most venues in the city charge you thousands of dollars for what amounts to an empty building, at Pelham you will have access to an indoor/outdoor event space, a full waitstaff, a wedding coordinator, a bridal attendant, a rehearsal, tables, pretty chairs, linens, and plates and silverware. There is definitely something to be said for having your event at a place that really knows how to do weddings. Originally we looked at more "eclectic" spaces like museums, and historical societies, but for those spaces you literally had to bring in everything, and the costs added up very fast. We felt that we were able to get the best of both worlds, we had an experienced staff, and a venue that had the capacity to host a formal event, but at the same time, the building had a lot of character, and the outside views are gorgeous. On the day of the wedding, they literally took care of everything, and that is really what you want on your wedding day! When our rabbi was an hour late, they were able to offer champagne to our guests while they waited. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the space was. I only wish I had found this venue sooner in my search!

Sent on 11/07/2015