Pearl Paper Studio Reviews

Pearl Paper Studio 5
Pearl Paper Studio 6
Pearl Paper Studio 7

aubree · Married on 07/16/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was wonderful! They were so easy to work with and their work is amazing! My husband and I were so happy with our photographers, MJ and Miles, the day of the wedding. They were professional and made the day easy and fun! The pictures we received from our wedding were so beautiful and we could not be happier!! The owners, Ben and Karis, are such good people and they made this whole process so wonderful for us! We would recommend Pearl Paper Studio highly and use them again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2016

Laura · Married on 07/08/2016

MJ and Steve were absolutely amazing! From the engagement photoshoot the week before to the day of the wedding, I was so happy with it all! MJ was so sweet and had such great vision! Her attention to detail was superb and I would recommend her to any of my friends in a heartbeat. In fact, my whole bridal party commented on how much they loved her. I could not be happier!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Meerat · Married on 06/26/2016

We are so happy we chose Pearl Paper Studio to photograph our wedding weekend! We had a traditional Hindu wedding, and MJ and Steve did a great job of capturing all the important traditional details of our ceremony. They took beautiful shots before and during the reception, and also captured our pre-wedding event. They were so easy to work with, and remained calm, professional and flexible during a chaotic and stressful weekend. We will definitely recommend Pearl Paper Studio to all our family and friends looking for a photographer for their special events!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Linette · Married on 06/11/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was awesome!! When searching for a wedding photographer, they had the best photos with reasonable price. They worked with me when I asked for a lower price if I cut the hours and paid cash. They were so friendly to work with and made my husband and I feel so comfortable. On the day of the wedding, they worked well with the other vendors. After the wedding, they gave the pictures in less than 2 months and even retouched a few that I wanted. I would highly recommend this company.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Madison · Married on 06/04/2016

We could not have been happier choosing Pearl Paper Studio for our wedding photography. MJ was our primary photographer, so we were able to meet her several months ahead of the wedding for our engagement photos. She made us immediately comfortable and the pictures came out wonderfully for our save-the-dates. On the wedding day, MJ and Steve were simply amazing. We just received the photos back and absolutely love them! They were organized yet flexible and helped us keep the day on track. Karis was very responsive to all of my many questions leading up to the wedding and our experience with them was great. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2016

Pick this vendor! We are so happy with the way our wedding pictures turned out and working with Paper Pearl Studio was the most pleasant experience ever. MJ and Miles were totally amazing and creative. My husband hates taking pictures and somehow through the engagement photos and the wedding MJ really brought him out of his shell to make it an enjoyable experience. Thank you 100 times, we cannot wait to document more amazing moments in our life with you!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Marc · Married on 04/08/2016

My wife and I selected Pearl Paper Studio to photograph our wedding in April and we are extremely happy! Benson and Steve were an absolute pleasure to work with and really captured some amazing photos. Ben and Karis answered all of my questions and were very responsive. I made almost all of the arrangements with Karis and everything was pretty seamless from the engagement shoot all the way up until the wedding day. Our wedding photos were done SOO quickly. We are surprised at how soon they were all edited and ready. I recommend Pearl Paper Studio to anyone looking for wedding/engagement photos!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Tara · Married on 02/06/2016

Pearl Paper Studios was absolutely incredible! They captured our wedding day so perfectly and beautifully! Our pictures were so amazing that we were actually selected as a Wedding of the Week in New Jersey Bride Magazine!!! MJ & Jay were so personable and made taking pictures so enjoyable. Everyone who has looked at our pictures have commented how talented our photographers were. In addition, they were super reasonable in regards to price and provided us with a variety of different options (engagement session, album, extra time, etc). We strongly recommend using Pearl Paper Studios as your wedding photographer- you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Ana · Married on 10/31/2015

We absolutely loved all our pictures! This team was super helpful in every way, from giving us different vendors to helping us with a timeline for our venue. They really do wonderful work! I will recommend them to anyone I know!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Paige · Married on 09/18/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Benson Lau, Ben Lau, and Karis Lau at Pearl Paper Studio. Benson was our photographer during our complimentary engagement shoot, and on our wedding day. Without a doubt, hiring Pearl Paper Studio was the best wedding-related decision we made! Not only is the team the nicest group of people you'll ever meet, but they are also professional, reliable, and incredibly responsive. Benson and his team went above and beyond their responsibilities as wedding photographers...arriving early, staying late, making sure to capture every single wonderful, awesome wedding moment! We received about over 500 beautiful wedding photos shortly after our wedding day, both color, and black and white, all retouched to perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I cannot wait to hire the team again to capture more epic life moments!

Sent on 12/21/2015

MJ was our photographer and I thougth she did a fantastic job. She was so sweet to work with and we really appreciated all the direction she gave us and our bridal party. Her photos are amazing and so artistic. We are so happy with her and thought her work was superb for the cost. I think I will hire her again to do my pregnancy photos when we have our first baby.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Joanne · Married on 07/11/2015

We worked with Benson and had an amazing experience! My wife is not the easiest person to get to smile, but Benson got her relaxed and smiling in under 10 minutes during out engagement shoot! At the wedding, Benson seemed everywhere at once; he got some really great shots of everyone. And to top it off, he went the extra mile for us and took a few extra photos of us after the wedding reception just to make sure we had enough photos. Oh, and Benson graciously offered to be chauffeur for any of our guests who needed to be ferried from the hotel to the venue :).

If you have any doubts about whether on not to use Pear Paper.... throw those doubts out. Use them. You'll be glad :).

Sent on 08/03/2016

Heather · Married on 06/26/2015

So unbelievably happy that I found this company! MJ (Main photographer) and Steve (2nd shooter) were on point all day! They arrived on time and went right to work! Definitely a well oiled machine.
    I had been worrying about running late all day and MJ kept me calm and reassured me that she had plenty of time to get all the shots we wanted. This team was so personable and easy to communicate with. They listened to me throughout the day both by verbal queues and not so verb queues! ;-) They covered the dance floor all night without me even noticing!
    I CAN'T WAIT to see what the pictures look like! If they are anything like the engagement pictures, I will be thrilled! So happy to have worked with them and with Ben and Karis of Ben Lau Photography (parent/sister company). Thank you all for making our night magical! We will absolutely be recommending you to all our couple friends who are getting married!

Sent on 07/14/2015

rimini · Married on 06/13/2015

I would highly recommend Pearl Paper for your wedding and engagement photos. We received the individualized attention from Karis and Ben that one would expect for their big day. They met with us in person, had us submit the types of photos we liked, and were always responsive on email. I felt like we got the shots we wanted and came away with great wedding and engagement pictures. I also did a lot of price shipping and I think Pearl Paper really knocks it out of the park in the value department. At the very least, you should give Karis and Ben a call.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Christine · Married on 05/16/2015

My experience with Pearl Paper Studio was great. My lead photographer for my wedding was MJ, who was very professional and experienced. She also photographed my engagement shoot and took the time to get to know me and my husband. The day of the wedding went smoothly, capturing all of our special moments. Our wedding album was beautiful. I would highly recommend Pearl Paper Studio to all my friends and family.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Cindy · Married on 05/09/2015

Benson Lau was my main photographer and Stephen was the 2nd photographer for my wedding day.

We did an engagement shoot with Benson and thank god we did because we are very awkward, unphotogenic people. He made us feel comfortable and we had fun. It made the wedding day such a breeze. Benson was so patient with my family. I come from a big family and everyone wanted a picture with me, sometimes multiples. Some even told him what to do and he took it in stride. Both Stephen and Benson were very professional but personable at the same time. The engagement photos came out awesome and I cannot wait to see the rest.

Our friends and family thoroughly enjoyed the photobooth. They kept commenting on how much fun it was and was surprised at how many props were available. We were so busy that we were unable to take a photo in the photobooth but we are so happy that the wedding party was able to enjoy it!

Sent on 05/29/2015

BoYoung · Married on 04/26/2015

We had our wedding in April and the photographers, MJ and Steve, were beyond excellent. Pearl Paper's quality of service and professionalism were great, and their responsiveness to my emails and calls was very quick. MJ was our photographer for our engagement session, and she was very professional and flexible with everything. When we got our engagement photos, I had some minor comments with some of images. They revised the images for me and for images that couldn't be revised, they explained the reasons very thoroughly. Also, they did deliver way more than what was said on the contract, so it was just be being a bridezilla! On the day of our wedding, the photoshoot went just as we've imagined/planned without any issues. We just got our images and all of them look perfect. They've managed to capture all the precious moments. Also, during the wedding preparation, they provided me tips and sources for other areas that I needed help with (makeup, hair, etc). Big thanks to all of you guys in Pearl Paper Studio team for capturing the day perfectly and for great photos! Will definitely contact you guys again when we need a photography service :)

Sent on 08/05/2015

Takenya · Married on 02/22/2015

MJ & Steve were so lovely to have on our wedding day. We had to find new photographers a month before our wedding because of a falling out we had with our previous vendor. They were recommended to us by my husband's coworkers and they set up a meeting with us immediately and happened to be available. They definitely worked with our budget which was great. I have to thank Ben and Karis (of Ben Lau Photography) for taking care of all the details. Even though we booked late, we still received our engagement session and I'm glad we did. We were out in the freezing cold in January but the pictures came out so beautiful. MJ & Steve made that trip and the cold so worthwhile. We actually wanted to use one of the engagement photos at the reception. They made sure we had our pictures ready two weeks so we could have a poster of us at our wedding. The day of the wedding, they made sure they came with the same enthusiasm. MJ & Steve made sure we got all the shots that we wanted and some. MJ also made sure I was a happy and calm bride too. They were so discreet and worked well with everyone, the cinematographers, our families, the guests, and the coordinators. It was a joy to have them be apart of our day. Our pictures are stunning. They really captured the day. We can't wait to finish up our album selection but we never get tired of looking at our pictures. Pearl Paper Studio saved us and our wedding day....thank you so much!!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Michael · Married on 10/11/2014

Extremely professional photographers with a great eye for detail, and a knack for beautifully capturing the best moments. Trust them to cover your wedding!!

It's no secret that weddings aren't cheap. It's also a sad realization that once the party is over, after months (maybe years?) of planning, all you have left are memories and photographs. Picking the right group of folks to capture your special day is one of the most important decisions you have to make when planning your wedding.

We are both so happy that we entrusted this task to Pearl Paper. Karis and MJ did an excellent job, and we were so thrilled when we got to see their beautiful work. They managed to capture the best moments we both remember, and somethings that we never had a chance to see. I've never seen two more hardworking photographers. At the end of the night, they looked almost as tired as we were. As their work shows it.

Browse through the blog on their website, and you'll see they have elegantly blended the beauty of deliberately composed portraits of you and your wedding party, with the more unpredictable nature of positioning themselves in the right place at the right time, snapping the shutter at the precise moment as things unfold.

On the more lighter side, we also opted to get the photo booth. Seeing photos of our guests put on silly hats and make dumb faces was worth every penny. Our guests got instant high quality prints to take home as keepsakes, and we got the digital copies that we can use to blackmail them forever. It doesn't get better then that ;-)

Go with Pearl Paper and you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

We love Pearl Paper Studio and our photographers! They were recommended by our dear friends, and we are so grateful for that. Our engagement session and wedding photos turned out amazing! I cannot stop looking at the beautiful pictures that Pearl Paper Studio have captured so wonderfully. We adore it! And so do our families and friends. My brother-in-law booked them as well for his upcoming wedding. Pearl Paper Studio was our best vendor to work with during the wedding planning. They were always prompt in their replies and were so easy going to work with. We were planning our wedding from Syracuse, and my husband and I had such a busy work schedule. We kept changing our dates for the engagement photo session, but Pearl Paper Studio were so flexible, kind, and patient. They made sure it was going to happen! We also used their photo booth services and everyone enjoyed it with the variety of cute and funny props. Photography was a very important element of our wedding, and Pearl Paper Studio did not disappoint. The photography style, composition, and content are superb. I love the detailed shots, the potraits, and the candid pictures. Seriously, I can't stop looking at our photos! I would definitely call them in a heartbeat for them to capture future occasions :). Thank you, Pearl Paper Studio!

Sent on 02/25/2015

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! We loved working with Pearl Paper Studio! They are very professional, fun and talented. We loved our engagement pictures (that featured our dog, Biggie). And, we recently got married and they spent the whole day with us and captured some amazing moments. We cannot wait to see the final results Pearl Paper will deliver. I would recommend their services to anyone looking for an awesome photographer!

Sent on 10/16/2014

I got married in June 2014 and worked with Pearlpaperstudio for our engagement session and the wedding photos. They were timely, professional, and did a wonderful job with our photos with an affordable, competitive price. We are very pleased with their work :-)

Sent on 08/29/2014

Karis & MJ were a pleasure to work with. During both our engagment shoot & wedding day, they were easy going and true professionals. Karis was our main contact pre & post the event and was very responsive answering all of our questions almost instantly. I would highly recommend Pearl Paper Studios for their creativity, quality of work and easy to work with personalities.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Ronda · Married on 08/18/2013

I'm so happy my husband and I chose Pearl Paper Studio to photograph our wedding, They were very reasonably priced and most importantly our photos turned out amazing! It was a real pleasure working with their team and we can't wait to work with them again! ~ Ronda and Yusuf

Sent on 01/01/2014

Audrey · Married on 09/03/2017

Amazing company and amazing photos! From the very first interaction the team was extremely responsive and helpful! Steve was so much fun to work with and the picture are gorgeous. We are obsessed with them and have gotten tons of compliments. I already have one friend inquiring about PPS for her wedding next June. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/10/2017