Pearl Paper Studio Reviews

Pearl Paper Studio 7
  • Christie

Christie · Getting married on 12/07/2019

Love so far!

Looking for a photographer was the most stressful part of wedding planning, until we found Pearl Paper Studio! They have the exact style we were looking for, and are very professional and easy to talk to! I can’t wait until the wedding day, and to see the amazing pictures they take!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2019

Could not ask for better photographers!

I hired Pearl Paper based on my friends' recommendations of them and their quality of their work. I loved how they shot their images and their editing style. Once I met Ben and Karis, I felt very much at ease! They took the time to make sure our styles and ideas were compatible. They were very easy and accommodating to work with throughout the whole process. MJ did our engagement shoot and she was such a delight! She was wonderful in helping us pose correctly and not look awkward! For our wedding day, we had MJ and Jeannie. They worked so wonderfully together, and even helped us throughout the day. They were patient in working with our big families. After the wedding, we got our pictures so quick and they were just beautiful! I could not recommend Pearl Paper Studios enough.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Mindo · Married on 11/02/2018

So amazing!!

I cannot say enough about how amazing Pear Paper Studio is! Ben and Karis are two wonderful people who assisted us with such professionalism and kindness. And we were truly blessed to have Steve and Ann Marie as our wonderful photographers for the big day. They captured every intimate moment that we can look back on for years to come! They made us feel so comfortable and we had such a blast with them. I cannot thank everyone enough for being a part in making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 02/16/2019
    Pearl Paper Studio 8
    Pearl Paper Studio 9
    Pearl Paper Studio 10
    Pearl Paper Studio 11

Kathryn · Married on 10/20/2018

Love Pearl Paper Studio!

Pearl Paper Studio was by far our favorite vendor from our big day. We are so happy with the way our photos came out overall. As a bonus we feel that we got a great value! Our lead photographer, Steve, and secondary shooter, AnnMarie, were both AMAZING. We were on a pretty tight time schedule, but Steve kept us moving along without making us feel rushed. Him and AnnMarie kept us laughing and really made our time with them an enjoyable experience. Pearl Paper Studio was also extremely thoughtful and accommodating in sending me some photos early when my grandmother passed away shortly after our wedding. It was above and beyond, and truly meant so much. I have already recommended Pearl Paper Studio to other engaged friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Photographer

Pearl Paper Studio is great! Ben and Karis are professional but also extremely personable and make you feel extremely confident when putting your wedding day in their hands. We met with Ben when we booked and he was great- showed us tons of photos to figure out what we really liked and then matched us with Steve as our main photographer for our big day.

We met Steve for the first time when we did our engagement session and he was great! He instantly put my husband and I at ease and got some amazing shots at the Asbury Park boardwalk.

I mostly dealt with Karis (Ben's wife) via email throughout the process. She was thorough and quick to answer any questions we had.

For the day of Ann Marie was our Second photographer (Steve being the main) and they were both excellent! We never felt like we were being bothered throughout the day and Steve was super excited to get some great shots with the fall foliage and beautiful sunset in the background. We cannot say enough great things about Pearl Paper. We can't wait to see our final pictures!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Daisy Chan Ng · Married on 10/13/2018

LOVE Pearlpaperstudio!!!

Ben and Karis were so professional and made us feel at ease about everything leading up to the big day. They answered all our questions almost immediately and made us feel at home whenever we went over to discuss anything. On the big day, we couldn’t have asked for a better team! MJ and Nimmi made everything fun for us - as a result all of the laughing pictures are legit genuine laughs! We are so pleased with our photos and we definitely would recommend them!!

Sent on 02/02/2019
    Pearl Paper Studio 12
    Pearl Paper Studio 13

Caitlin Saunders · Married on 10/05/2018

Brilliant!

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Ben and Karis are, as well as their team. From the beginning to the very end, they were fantastic. Genuinely nice people who are there to make the process as easy as possible. They walked us through the day of and pointed out things we never would've thought of. Their attention to detail and professionalism eases your mind and you know you are in good hands.

This translates to their team as well. MJ and Steve were our photographers for the day of. Not only were we impressed with them but, so were our bridal party and guests. I was frazzled the morning of, they came in and took over the reins. Steve took care of the guys, got them dressed in their tuxes and made sure they got to the shuttle on time. MJ helped me make some last-minute decisions and was a calming force throughout the day.

All in all, they are a fantastic group of people and we can't say enough about how much we love our photos. Truly something we will cherish forever.

Sent on 02/09/2019
  • Agnes

Agnes Lee · Married on 09/30/2018

amazing vendor!

Ben, Karis, MJ and Edmund helped us with our wedding back in September. My husband and i am very happy how everything turned out. They were the most pleasant photographers to work with even when i asked them to drive very far for my engagement shoot, they made it happen! thanks guys! especially MJ!
    Everything from my engagement shoot, kodak moments, families photos, & portrait shots turned out great! i wish i made more time for my portrait shoots- make sure you make time for your photographers on your wedding day.
    If you are looking for a photographer that are amazing and provide an excellent service I would highly recommend pearl paper studio. Thank you again guys!! you guys are awesome!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Ana · Married on 09/22/2018

We found pearl paper via a recommendation by close family friend. They are extremely professional and talented. They are very considerate during your wedding day, they know when to bother you for pictures and when to leave you to enjoy your day. Great all around!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Gina · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Photography

We found Pearl Paper Studio through Instagram - I found a wedding photo that I absolutely loved that they were tagged in, looked at their Instagram page and immediately fell in love. I set up an appointment and booked right then. The lighting and style of the photos is so unique and original. The professionalism and artistry of the photographers is so refreshing. On our wedding day, Steve was like another maid of honor to me. He helped me put on my shoes, my veil, helped carry my dress around during photos. He is a wedding pro! He was working so hard the entire day. We really appreciated his dedication to getting great photos for us. We had such an amazing experience with Pearl Paper Studio. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for true artistry in their wedding photos.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Arielle

Arielle · Married on 09/14/2018

The best! Incredibly happy I went with them.

I can't say enough great things about Pearl Paper Studio. Owners, Ben and Karis are incredibly responsive and helpful. Steve was our main photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding day and he was such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I are usually awkward taking pictures, and Steve made it such comfortable experience. Our wedding photos came out even better than I imagined. There were many candid pictures taken that we weren't aware of and those became our favorite ones! Steve and Nics made sure to capture every special moment and detail of our day. I love how you can look through my album and the whole thing tells a story. Their prices were very fair and the quality exceeds some of the most expensive portfolios I've seen. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 02/01/2019
    Pearl Paper Studio 20
    Pearl Paper Studio 21

Joann · Married on 07/07/2018

Awesome photographers

We were really struggling to find a photographer who was both affordable and had experience working with South Asian weddings. We hired Pearl Paper Studios after seeing their work on a family member's wedding. We were so excited to see that they had just started offering services in Maryland where we were getting married. Pearl Paper Studios is not only affordable, but the quality of their photographs are exceptional. They are true artists. They were such a pleasure to work with, from the moment we reached out to them to when we got our photographs. They were so flexible with us and so professional during all of our wedding events. They never got frustrated, even when guests were asking them to take photos using their cell phones. I would recommend Pearl Paper Studios to anyone looking for wedding photographers. They captured our events better than we could have imagined.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Joanna

Joanna Hille · Married on 06/02/2018

Beyond our expectations!

After a little research we found Pearl Paper Studio and knew they were the perfect fit for us! Owners Ben and Karis welcomed us into their home and took time to get to know us. From scheduling our engagement photos, to all the timeline details of our Wedding day, communication was always a breeze. They truly made us feel comfortable and at ease on the biggest day of our lives, capturing each special moment and the quality of the photos were beyond our expectations! Accommodating, flexible, affordable and simply good people. We highly recommend Pearl Paper Studio Photography for your special day!

Sent on 04/14/2019
    Pearl Paper Studio 27
    Pearl Paper Studio 28
    Pearl Paper Studio 29

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

This studio's work is beautiful and professional!!! No one can beat their price and quality of work. The studio gave the engagement picture session as complimentary so the photographer and we can communicate and know each other before the wedding day. I feel that's a great idea. Our primary photographer is Steve and we love him! I sent him a bunch of pictures I got from pinterest to let him know the angles and visions I was hoping to get and he got most of them! I like he kept giving us guidance and suggestions for the poses for the photo session. On the wedding day, after the ceremony began he didn't pull us over for pictures, instead, he captured a lot of great moments on the wedding of us and the guests. Therefore, at the end of the day we enjoyed our wedding party and received thousands of beautiful pictures in around two months. We will recommend this studio to our friends and family.

Sent on 12/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/17/2017

Amazing! Ben & Karis did not disappoint in their service for my engagement and wedding photos. They were so friendly and easy to approach when I was looking into photographers. I told them what kind of photos I wanted to take and they respected my ideas while sharing some insight of their own. They have a few photographers within the company and I was able to choose one according to their individual portfolios. My husband and I chose Steve as our main photographer (for the engagement shoot and wedding day) and we were given a second photographer, MJ, for the wedding day. Both of them were so kind and their directions were clear and easy to follow. They were creative in choosing the backgrounds and props around the venue which made the photos come out beautiful. Another thing I love about Pearl Paper is they give you your full set of photos in both color and black & white.
    You will not be disappointed with their service!!!

Sent on 12/15/2017
    Pearl Paper Studio 30
    Pearl Paper Studio 31

Priya · Married on 09/16/2017

We hired Pearl Paper Studios for our wedding day photography, and were so happy with the results! Stephen and Edmund were our photographers, and they were a pleasure to have by our side during the entire wedding day, and got some amazing shots. The company was very easy to work with, and we got our photos soon after the wedding. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2017

We loved working with Pearl Paper Studios. From the orignal meeting, through the engagment session photo shoot and our Wedding day everything was perfect. Steve made us so comfortable during our engagement shoot and the pictures came out lovely. On our wedding day Steve and MJ were not only our photographers but they also treated us so special and were our right hands throughout the entire day! Thank you Pearl Paper Studios!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/09/2016

To anyone who is considering hiring these guy, our advice would be to "just do it!" you will not be disappointed. My now husband and I are Australian, we decided to elope in NYC last December with just the 2 of us. Lucky I found Ben Lau photography (sister company Pearl paper studio). From my first email to Ben, he was always quick at responding to my email/questions and was always ready to help. On the day of our wedding, Karis and MJ arrived early and they were so professional and easy going. They made us feel really comfortable to be ourselves. Not only were they our photographers for the day, they also offered to drive us around, carried our bags and jackets and Karis also had Bandaids ready when I blistered my ankles from my shoes. They both were so sweet and the results were amazing.

To Ben, Karis & MJ, thank you guys so much for making our day so special. You guys did such an awesome job, we're so happy with the results!

Sent on 01/08/2017

edwin · Married on 12/02/2016

When we were recommended Pearl Paper Studio, we knew we’d found “the one”. Within our first moments of meeting Ben, all of our worries about finding photographers for our big day quickly disappeared. He not only took the time to speak with us to answer all of our questions, but he also made us feel relaxed throughout the whole process. Benson, right from our first meeting made us feel completely comfortable and showed genuine interest in our ideas and plans for the big day. The engagement shoot was the perfect way for us to get comfortable with the camera, laugh a lot, and work out what worked best for us. He was simply a photographic ninja with our dog Pebbles, who at first was a little apprehensive, but became quite the little model. Both Benson and Stephen took a genuine interest in our history as a couple, taking the time to get to know us and explore our personalities, so that they could capture the best possible images. They were attentive and enthusiastic on the wedding day, resulting in our stunning photos which we couldn’t be more thrilled with. Their gift captured the raw emotions of the day from tears through to roaring laughter. They took gorgeous photos in a unique way of catching special moments between people. We loved how they captured the beauty of the wedding location and appreciated all of the little moments captured between us and our guests that are now in photo form. Ben and Karis were very efficient from the initial inquiry through to the big day and right up to the post wedding messages. We will forever recommend Pearl Paper Studio to friends and family. Thanks again for providing a first class service. With one of the biggest days of our lives and such a huge action packed event, we feared that we would not be able to stop and take it all in and the day would soon fade from our memories. However you’ve truly captured the essence of our day providing us with so many wonderful images. We will treasure the photos forever! Edwin & Lea

Sent on 03/07/2017

Ting · Married on 10/29/2016

We were recommended to Pearl Paper Studio by our venue and after meeting Ben and Karis we didn't go to anyone else. They were such a pleasure to work with. MJ and Ed were AMAZING on our wedding day. Ed even helped the guys pin the boutonnieres everytime it fell off. We love PPS style of photography because it tells a story without being overly staged or dramatic. MJ has a knack for capturing the special moments and made us look amazing and effortless. We're trying to get all of our engaged friends to go with them. That's how amazing they are. We love them so much and if they didn't specialize in wedding photography we'd use them for everything!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Bianca · Married on 09/04/2016

Pearl Paper Studio exceeded expectations. We just received our wedding photos and are extremely happy with the final product. My main photographer was Benson and secondary photographer was Steve, and both exuded exceptional skill and talent. Both were able to capture our wedding perfectly, and knew exactly which spots at our venue had the best lighting and backdrop. Both Benson and Steve were extremely friendly and fun to work with, and made me feel at ease during the day of the wedding. I could tell that the photo editor at Pearl Paper definitely took a lot of care and spent a lot of time on our photos. For such a low price (compared to other photographers of similar quality), I was shocked that the photos were of such high quality. We got numerous compliments from our friends and family already on how great the pictures turned out! I will definitely be recommending Pearl Paper Studio to my friends and family.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kelly · Married on 09/04/2016

We booked MJ at Pearl Paper Studio before we even had our venue booked! We are thrilled with the final images and could not be happier that we found them! Not only do we have beautiful portraits, MJ and Ann Marie, managed to capture so many very special yet fleeting moments of our day. Karis and Ben are incredibly kind and responsive as well. The wait for our images was well worth it as the images truly tell our very special love story! We cannot recommend Pearl Paper Studio enough!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Maggie · Married on 08/28/2016

Pearl paper studios was amazing to work with. MJ, our photographer, was so down to earth and made it extremely comfortable for my husband and I. We used them for our wedding. Each picture was bright and lively. That's what attracted us to them. Many compliments from friends and family. Will reach out again for future occasions.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Jay · Married on 08/14/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was not only incredibly professional, responsive, and open to our wants as a couple, but they were genuinely sincere people who made us feel comfortable and loved on our big day! Their photo booth is incredible, totally worth every penny. The quality of the photographs are unlike any I've seen before. Unique, understated, natural, and simplistic. The way they captured our best moments, especially our candid shots, is something I don't even have words for. I loved working with their entire crew. They made the experience of taking pictures a delight and I loved how many pictures we have of our guests enjoying the night. It was our joy to work with them.

Sent on 11/03/2016

aubree · Married on 07/16/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was wonderful! They were so easy to work with and their work is amazing! My husband and I were so happy with our photographers, MJ and Miles, the day of the wedding. They were professional and made the day easy and fun! The pictures we received from our wedding were so beautiful and we could not be happier!! The owners, Ben and Karis, are such good people and they made this whole process so wonderful for us! We would recommend Pearl Paper Studio highly and use them again and again!

Sent on 10/28/2016