Pearl Paper Studio Reviews

75 | Plainfield, NJ

75 Reviews for Pearl Paper Studio

Danielle · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Gorgeous natural pictures!

Hands down the best wedding photographers in the business. This mom and pop business delivers like the big shops but better. From the moment I met Ben I felt like a part of the family. Every step of the way they were professional, responsive, and caring. Everyone involved in our day was incredible. The photographers take charge to make sure they get the job done but also have fun with you at the same time. They accommodated all of my crazy "pinterest" ideas with no complaints. At the end of the day our pictures were absolutely incredible.

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Tara

Tara Casella · Married on 03/27/2020

Picture Perfect Wedding!

Karis, MJ and the entire Pearl Paper Studio team were amazing leading up to my wedding. As a COVID bride who had to reschedule their day, PPS worked with us to solidify our new date as well as help me plan the schedule for the day of. Our wedding day was PICTURE PERFECT with their help. I couldn't have asked for better photographers who made me feel so comfortable, made us laugh and really felt like part of the family. I'm so thankful I found them and so excited to see how our pictures turn out. Thank you for making our day so special and memorable!

Sent on 08/14/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Langan · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing Photographers!

Pearl Paper Studio is absolutely wonderful! Ben and Karis are sweet, friendly, helpful, and incredibly responsive. On our wedding day Steve was our main photographer and Jeanie was the second photographer. Both of them are amazing! They were fun and easy going. We were so comfortable with both of them. They captured all the big and little moments of our wedding day. We are so thankful and very happy with outrpictures. They truly are a talented team!

Sent on 04/15/2020

Meg O'neill · Married on 12/10/2019

Perfect Day with Pearl Paper Studio

Ben & Karis made the entire process of picking our wedding photographers so simple. From our first phone call with them, we knew this was the company we wanted photographing our wedding day. They are extremely accommodating and flexible, and work to make the day seamless. Our wedding was photographed by MJ, as the main photographer, and Roc as the second shooter. They made us so incredibly comfortable and captured every moment of the day. The photos are so natural, candid, and beautiful. We could not have wanted more. Thank you, Pearl Paper!

Sent on 06/23/2020
  • Christie

Christie · Married on 12/07/2019

Love so far!

Looking for a photographer was the most stressful part of wedding planning, until we found Pearl Paper Studio! They have the exact style we were looking for, and are very professional and easy to talk to! I can’t wait until the wedding day, and to see the amazing pictures they take!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Casey Galindo · Married on 09/28/2019

The BEST quality AND the BEST price

Reasonable price - without feeling at ANY point in the planning process that you went with the ‘affordable choice’. Fabulous professionalism from the entire team and a great group of friendly quality photographers. Even my husband who feels uncomfortable in front of the camera enjoyed working with them. I recommend them to EVERYONE!

Sent on 07/06/2020
  • Cindy

Cindy Lo · Married on 09/07/2019

Pearl Paper Studio was my favorite to work with!

There are no words to describe how truly amazing it was to work with Pearl Paper Studio! I was extremely grateful that we were able to book them to help capture memories for my wedding. They do not over complicate things and make it simple from day one. Ben and Karis was wonderful to work with from the start of our wedding process. From helping us figuring out the timeline for the day of too offering suggestions to other vendors that we can possibly use for our wedding. For our wedding day, my husband and I chose MJ as our main photography and our second photographer was Benson who was the ultimate dynamic duo! They were absolutely AMAZING to work with and to interact with on the day of our wedding. Both of sides of our families praise them as they did such a great job! From MJ directing and letting us know how to look Beyoncé ready for pictures to Benson making my 2 year old crying niece laugh for photos because she was nap deprived that day. They undoubtedly was my favorite vendor to work with for my wedding and I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Y

Yaliza Cepeda · Married on 09/07/2019

Stress free/ wonderful

I loved my photographer he was more than a photographer ! He helped out sp much and super flexible, he made me feel so comfortable.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Pearl Paper Studio's reply:

Thank you for believing in Ed and Darold on your wedding day! It was our pleasure being part of your beautiful wedding.
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Oriente · Married on 09/01/2019

The Pearl Paper Team is the Best Around!

I'm writing this after pouring over my amazing wedding photos which arrived WEEKS earlier than planned (we just got married in September!). There are not enough great things I could say about Ben, Karis, MJ and the team at Pearl Paper. From start to finish they were so easy to work with and helped us define our style (when we had no clue what we were looking for, and realized my husband and I were on totally different pages!). After getting a feel for our awkward nature during our engagement shoot, MJ worked with us on our wedding day, making us feel perfectly comfortable (and not over-posed or photo-fatigued) while still capturing every photo we'd hoped for. Call Pearl Paper today!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Christina

Christina Lee · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing photos

We LOVED our engagement and wedding photos took by Steve! The entire process and interaction with Ben and Karis was very professional and genuine! They gave a lot of useful tips and listened to what we'd wanted for our photos so we can cherish these precious moments again and again in the years to come. Highly recommended!!

Ashima Oza · Married on 08/06/2019

excellent service!

We had a wonderful experience with Ben, Karis and their team. They met with us before our events and made sure we were all on the same page. The photos came out beautifully - a perfect blend of portraits and candids. Steve and Jeanie did a great job keeping us calm and relaxed on the wedding day. Would definitely recommend them to all our family and friends!

Sent on 07/05/2020

Valerie Jovellanos · Married on 07/12/2019

Highly Recommend!

We had such a wonderful wedding day captured by Pearl Paper Studio! Our photos came out exactly as we envisioned- natural, bright, and intimate. MJ and Jeanie created a comfortable atmosphere for us and our guests. They were a pleasure to work with and true experts at what they do. They considered our thoughts and ideas & also offered their creative recommendations. The whole team, including Karis and Ben, worked hard in the careful planning to make our vision come to life and to make our wedding day as memorable as it was. They were not only attentive to our requests and quickly responsive to our emails, but also understanding, flexible, and very easy to work with. We highly recommend Pearl Paper Studio for any special event! We will continue to suggest her services to everyone and anyone.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Sam Bae · Married on 07/12/2019

Pearl Paper Studio Review

Highly recommend Pearl Paper Studio. Communication is clear and concise. They are very detail oriented. We specifically worked with Steve and Edmund - they were both professional, courteous, and skilled. The price was fair in comparison to other vendors.

Sent on 06/23/2020

Heather Day · Married on 06/22/2019

Fantastic!

I highly recommend pearl paper studio! Our pictures were gorgeous and they were fun and fantastic to work with!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2019

Could not ask for better photographers!

I hired Pearl Paper based on my friends' recommendations of them and their quality of their work. I loved how they shot their images and their editing style. Once I met Ben and Karis, I felt very much at ease! They took the time to make sure our styles and ideas were compatible. They were very easy and accommodating to work with throughout the whole process. MJ did our engagement shoot and she was such a delight! She was wonderful in helping us pose correctly and not look awkward! For our wedding day, we had MJ and Jeannie. They worked so wonderfully together, and even helped us throughout the day. They were patient in working with our big families. After the wedding, we got our pictures so quick and they were just beautiful! I could not recommend Pearl Paper Studios enough.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 05/10/2019

Dream Wedding Pictures

Pearl Paper Studio shot our June 2019 wedding and we cannot say enough good things about them! Our main photographer was Steve, and he shot our engagement session about a year before our actual wedding. I knew we had made the right decision hiring Pearl Paper Studio after our wonderful virtual initial meeting with Ben, but after I saw the engagement pictures there was no doubt in my mind. The entire process of working with them was seamless, my emails were always answered promptly, pictures were always delivered ahead of schedule and Steve and AnnMarie brought joy and calm to a very chaotic and HOT outdoor June wedding. I have had endless amounts of people ask me/DM me asking me who shot our photos. They hang proudly in the hallway of our home and they all look like pieces of art. We will cherish these pictures and memories made with them forever.
    Ange & Sean xox

Sent on 07/14/2020

Larisa Murray · Married on 04/27/2019

The best ever!!!

I’m so happy that we worked with Pearl Paper Studio, especially MJ and her assistant!) It was such a pleasure to work with them! The pictures are so beautiful and gorgeous. Honestly, I have no words to describe how amazing was our experience with MJ. All you have to do is to trust her, she will do the rest! She knows what she does, believe me! I would definitely recommend to all my relatives, friends and everybody who I know!!! They are really amazing, so easy going to deal with ! What is more, we got our pictures done very fast! This Studio is the best!

Loraine · Married on 04/26/2019

Wonderful and Easy

With so many different vendors to work with. It was a pleasure working with someone that made it so easy. Ben and Karis were wonderful to work with and our photographer Stephen was so kind. I highly recommend Pearl Paper for your wedding not big event!

Maxine Z. · Married on 04/25/2019

Professionals!

I communicated with Ben and Karis to help set me up for our wedding last April. They were prompt and professional with their responses, and very helpful with suggestions and planning for the big day. Steve worked with us on our engagement and wedding photos! He was awesome! He did an amazing job with capturing our special moments. I loved how our photos came out! Overall, I had an amazing experience with Pearl Paper Studio and would HIGHLY recommend working with them for any special occasion!!!

• Jimin

Jimin Kim · Married on 03/24/2019

Very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

We found out Peal paper studio through Ben Lau photography. My husband was groomsmen for his fried’s wedding and Ben was their photographer. We loved his style and reached out to him for our own wedding. Unfortunately he wasn’t available but he recommended us his sister vendor “Pearl Paper studio” and I won’t regret any second to chose them as my photographer. Steve was our main photographer and he did above and beyond. So easy to work with, very friendly and professional. We got our pictures back less than a month after wedding. Everyone loved our pictures! Highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 07/02/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Mindo · Married on 11/02/2018

So amazing!!

I cannot say enough about how amazing Pear Paper Studio is! Ben and Karis are two wonderful people who assisted us with such professionalism and kindness. And we were truly blessed to have Steve and Ann Marie as our wonderful photographers for the big day. They captured every intimate moment that we can look back on for years to come! They made us feel so comfortable and we had such a blast with them. I cannot thank everyone enough for being a part in making our wedding day so perfect!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Kathryn · Married on 10/20/2018

Love Pearl Paper Studio!

Pearl Paper Studio was by far our favorite vendor from our big day. We are so happy with the way our photos came out overall. As a bonus we feel that we got a great value! Our lead photographer, Steve, and secondary shooter, AnnMarie, were both AMAZING. We were on a pretty tight time schedule, but Steve kept us moving along without making us feel rushed. Him and AnnMarie kept us laughing and really made our time with them an enjoyable experience. Pearl Paper Studio was also extremely thoughtful and accommodating in sending me some photos early when my grandmother passed away shortly after our wedding. It was above and beyond, and truly meant so much. I have already recommended Pearl Paper Studio to other engaged friends and will continue to do so!

Sent on 03/12/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Photographer

Pearl Paper Studio is great! Ben and Karis are professional but also extremely personable and make you feel extremely confident when putting your wedding day in their hands. We met with Ben when we booked and he was great- showed us tons of photos to figure out what we really liked and then matched us with Steve as our main photographer for our big day.

We met Steve for the first time when we did our engagement session and he was great! He instantly put my husband and I at ease and got some amazing shots at the Asbury Park boardwalk.

I mostly dealt with Karis (Ben's wife) via email throughout the process. She was thorough and quick to answer any questions we had.

For the day of Ann Marie was our Second photographer (Steve being the main) and they were both excellent! We never felt like we were being bothered throughout the day and Steve was super excited to get some great shots with the fall foliage and beautiful sunset in the background. We cannot say enough great things about Pearl Paper. We can't wait to see our final pictures!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Daisy Chan Ng · Married on 10/13/2018

LOVE Pearlpaperstudio!!!

Ben and Karis were so professional and made us feel at ease about everything leading up to the big day. They answered all our questions almost immediately and made us feel at home whenever we went over to discuss anything. On the big day, we couldn’t have asked for a better team! MJ and Nimmi made everything fun for us - as a result all of the laughing pictures are legit genuine laughs! We are so pleased with our photos and we definitely would recommend them!!

Sent on 02/02/2019
  • Silvia

Silvia · Married on 10/06/2018

Fall wedding

I was so happy to book with PearlPaper, from the moment I met them on the video chat to the day of our wedding it was nothing but comfort and professionalism from them. People still rave about our photos and how nice the photographers were. They made us feel so comfortable and listened to everything we wanted. You couldn’t ask for better photographers, greatly priced and so super friendly and sweet. We loved them so much!