Pearl Paper Studio Reviews

45 Pearl Paper Studio Reviews
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Great Photographer

Pearl Paper Studio is great! Ben and Karis are professional but also extremely personable and make you feel extremely confident when putting your wedding day in their hands. We met with Ben when we booked and he was great- showed us tons of photos to figure out what we really liked and then matched us with Steve as our main photographer for our big day.

We met Steve for the first time when we did our engagement session and he was great! He instantly put my husband and I at ease and got some amazing shots at the Asbury Park boardwalk.

I mostly dealt with Karis (Ben's wife) via email throughout the process. She was thorough and quick to answer any questions we had.

For the day of Ann Marie was our Second photographer (Steve being the main) and they were both excellent! We never felt like we were being bothered throughout the day and Steve was super excited to get some great shots with the fall foliage and beautiful sunset in the background. We cannot say enough great things about Pearl Paper. We can't wait to see our final pictures!

Ana · Married on 09/22/2018

We found pearl paper via a recommendation by close family friend. They are extremely professional and talented. They are very considerate during your wedding day, they know when to bother you for pictures and when to leave you to enjoy your day. Great all around!!

Gina · Married on 09/14/2018

Amazing Photography

We found Pearl Paper Studio through Instagram - I found a wedding photo that I absolutely loved that they were tagged in, looked at their Instagram page and immediately fell in love. I set up an appointment and booked right then. The lighting and style of the photos is so unique and original. The professionalism and artistry of the photographers is so refreshing. On our wedding day, Steve was like another maid of honor to me. He helped me put on my shoes, my veil, helped carry my dress around during photos. He is a wedding pro! He was working so hard the entire day. We really appreciated his dedication to getting great photos for us. We had such an amazing experience with Pearl Paper Studio. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for true artistry in their wedding photos.

Joann · Married on 07/07/2018

Awesome photographers

We were really struggling to find a photographer who was both affordable and had experience working with South Asian weddings. We hired Pearl Paper Studios after seeing their work on a family member's wedding. We were so excited to see that they had just started offering services in Maryland where we were getting married. Pearl Paper Studios is not only affordable, but the quality of their photographs are exceptional. They are true artists. They were such a pleasure to work with, from the moment we reached out to them to when we got our photographs. They were so flexible with us and so professional during all of our wedding events. They never got frustrated, even when guests were asking them to take photos using their cell phones. I would recommend Pearl Paper Studios to anyone looking for wedding photographers. They captured our events better than we could have imagined.

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

This studio's work is beautiful and professional!!! No one can beat their price and quality of work. The studio gave the engagement picture session as complimentary so the photographer and we can communicate and know each other before the wedding day. I feel that's a great idea. Our primary photographer is Steve and we love him! I sent him a bunch of pictures I got from pinterest to let him know the angles and visions I was hoping to get and he got most of them! I like he kept giving us guidance and suggestions for the poses for the photo session. On the wedding day, after the ceremony began he didn't pull us over for pictures, instead, he captured a lot of great moments on the wedding of us and the guests. Therefore, at the end of the day we enjoyed our wedding party and received thousands of beautiful pictures in around two months. We will recommend this studio to our friends and family.

Rachel · Married on 09/17/2017

Amazing! Ben & Karis did not disappoint in their service for my engagement and wedding photos. They were so friendly and easy to approach when I was looking into photographers. I told them what kind of photos I wanted to take and they respected my ideas while sharing some insight of their own. They have a few photographers within the company and I was able to choose one according to their individual portfolios. My husband and I chose Steve as our main photographer (for the engagement shoot and wedding day) and we were given a second photographer, MJ, for the wedding day. Both of them were so kind and their directions were clear and easy to follow. They were creative in choosing the backgrounds and props around the venue which made the photos come out beautiful. Another thing I love about Pearl Paper is they give you your full set of photos in both color and black & white.
    You will not be disappointed with their service!!!

Pearl Paper Studio 1
    Pearl Paper Studio 2

Priya · Married on 09/16/2017

We hired Pearl Paper Studios for our wedding day photography, and were so happy with the results! Stephen and Edmund were our photographers, and they were a pleasure to have by our side during the entire wedding day, and got some amazing shots. The company was very easy to work with, and we got our photos soon after the wedding. We would definitely recommend them!

Lisa · Married on 06/25/2017

We loved working with Pearl Paper Studios. From the orignal meeting, through the engagment session photo shoot and our Wedding day everything was perfect. Steve made us so comfortable during our engagement shoot and the pictures came out lovely. On our wedding day Steve and MJ were not only our photographers but they also treated us so special and were our right hands throughout the entire day! Thank you Pearl Paper Studios!

Rachel · Married on 12/09/2016

To anyone who is considering hiring these guy, our advice would be to "just do it!" you will not be disappointed. My now husband and I are Australian, we decided to elope in NYC last December with just the 2 of us. Lucky I found Ben Lau photography (sister company Pearl paper studio). From my first email to Ben, he was always quick at responding to my email/questions and was always ready to help. On the day of our wedding, Karis and MJ arrived early and they were so professional and easy going. They made us feel really comfortable to be ourselves. Not only were they our photographers for the day, they also offered to drive us around, carried our bags and jackets and Karis also had Bandaids ready when I blistered my ankles from my shoes. They both were so sweet and the results were amazing.

To Ben, Karis & MJ, thank you guys so much for making our day so special. You guys did such an awesome job, we're so happy with the results!

edwin · Married on 12/02/2016

When we were recommended Pearl Paper Studio, we knew we’d found “the one”. Within our first moments of meeting Ben, all of our worries about finding photographers for our big day quickly disappeared. He not only took the time to speak with us to answer all of our questions, but he also made us feel relaxed throughout the whole process. Benson, right from our first meeting made us feel completely comfortable and showed genuine interest in our ideas and plans for the big day. The engagement shoot was the perfect way for us to get comfortable with the camera, laugh a lot, and work out what worked best for us. He was simply a photographic ninja with our dog Pebbles, who at first was a little apprehensive, but became quite the little model. Both Benson and Stephen took a genuine interest in our history as a couple, taking the time to get to know us and explore our personalities, so that they could capture the best possible images. They were attentive and enthusiastic on the wedding day, resulting in our stunning photos which we couldn’t be more thrilled with. Their gift captured the raw emotions of the day from tears through to roaring laughter. They took gorgeous photos in a unique way of catching special moments between people. We loved how they captured the beauty of the wedding location and appreciated all of the little moments captured between us and our guests that are now in photo form. Ben and Karis were very efficient from the initial inquiry through to the big day and right up to the post wedding messages. We will forever recommend Pearl Paper Studio to friends and family. Thanks again for providing a first class service. With one of the biggest days of our lives and such a huge action packed event, we feared that we would not be able to stop and take it all in and the day would soon fade from our memories. However you’ve truly captured the essence of our day providing us with so many wonderful images. We will treasure the photos forever! Edwin & Lea

Ting · Married on 10/29/2016

We were recommended to Pearl Paper Studio by our venue and after meeting Ben and Karis we didn't go to anyone else. They were such a pleasure to work with. MJ and Ed were AMAZING on our wedding day. Ed even helped the guys pin the boutonnieres everytime it fell off. We love PPS style of photography because it tells a story without being overly staged or dramatic. MJ has a knack for capturing the special moments and made us look amazing and effortless. We're trying to get all of our engaged friends to go with them. That's how amazing they are. We love them so much and if they didn't specialize in wedding photography we'd use them for everything!

Bianca · Married on 09/04/2016

Pearl Paper Studio exceeded expectations. We just received our wedding photos and are extremely happy with the final product. My main photographer was Benson and secondary photographer was Steve, and both exuded exceptional skill and talent. Both were able to capture our wedding perfectly, and knew exactly which spots at our venue had the best lighting and backdrop. Both Benson and Steve were extremely friendly and fun to work with, and made me feel at ease during the day of the wedding. I could tell that the photo editor at Pearl Paper definitely took a lot of care and spent a lot of time on our photos. For such a low price (compared to other photographers of similar quality), I was shocked that the photos were of such high quality. We got numerous compliments from our friends and family already on how great the pictures turned out! I will definitely be recommending Pearl Paper Studio to my friends and family.

Kelly · Married on 09/04/2016

We booked MJ at Pearl Paper Studio before we even had our venue booked! We are thrilled with the final images and could not be happier that we found them! Not only do we have beautiful portraits, MJ and Ann Marie, managed to capture so many very special yet fleeting moments of our day. Karis and Ben are incredibly kind and responsive as well. The wait for our images was well worth it as the images truly tell our very special love story! We cannot recommend Pearl Paper Studio enough!

Maggie · Married on 08/28/2016

Pearl paper studios was amazing to work with. MJ, our photographer, was so down to earth and made it extremely comfortable for my husband and I. We used them for our wedding. Each picture was bright and lively. That's what attracted us to them. Many compliments from friends and family. Will reach out again for future occasions.

Jay · Married on 08/14/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was not only incredibly professional, responsive, and open to our wants as a couple, but they were genuinely sincere people who made us feel comfortable and loved on our big day! Their photo booth is incredible, totally worth every penny. The quality of the photographs are unlike any I've seen before. Unique, understated, natural, and simplistic. The way they captured our best moments, especially our candid shots, is something I don't even have words for. I loved working with their entire crew. They made the experience of taking pictures a delight and I loved how many pictures we have of our guests enjoying the night. It was our joy to work with them.

aubree · Married on 07/16/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was wonderful! They were so easy to work with and their work is amazing! My husband and I were so happy with our photographers, MJ and Miles, the day of the wedding. They were professional and made the day easy and fun! The pictures we received from our wedding were so beautiful and we could not be happier!! The owners, Ben and Karis, are such good people and they made this whole process so wonderful for us! We would recommend Pearl Paper Studio highly and use them again and again!

Laura · Married on 07/08/2016

MJ and Steve were absolutely amazing! From the engagement photoshoot the week before to the day of the wedding, I was so happy with it all! MJ was so sweet and had such great vision! Her attention to detail was superb and I would recommend her to any of my friends in a heartbeat. In fact, my whole bridal party commented on how much they loved her. I could not be happier!

Meerat · Married on 06/26/2016

We are so happy we chose Pearl Paper Studio to photograph our wedding weekend! We had a traditional Hindu wedding, and MJ and Steve did a great job of capturing all the important traditional details of our ceremony. They took beautiful shots before and during the reception, and also captured our pre-wedding event. They were so easy to work with, and remained calm, professional and flexible during a chaotic and stressful weekend. We will definitely recommend Pearl Paper Studio to all our family and friends looking for a photographer for their special events!

Linette · Married on 06/11/2016

Pearl Paper Studio was awesome!! When searching for a wedding photographer, they had the best photos with reasonable price. They worked with me when I asked for a lower price if I cut the hours and paid cash. They were so friendly to work with and made my husband and I feel so comfortable. On the day of the wedding, they worked well with the other vendors. After the wedding, they gave the pictures in less than 2 months and even retouched a few that I wanted. I would highly recommend this company.

Madison · Married on 06/04/2016

We could not have been happier choosing Pearl Paper Studio for our wedding photography. MJ was our primary photographer, so we were able to meet her several months ahead of the wedding for our engagement photos. She made us immediately comfortable and the pictures came out wonderfully for our save-the-dates. On the wedding day, MJ and Steve were simply amazing. We just received the photos back and absolutely love them! They were organized yet flexible and helped us keep the day on track. Karis was very responsive to all of my many questions leading up to the wedding and our experience with them was great. You will not be disappointed!

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2016

Pick this vendor! We are so happy with the way our wedding pictures turned out and working with Paper Pearl Studio was the most pleasant experience ever. MJ and Miles were totally amazing and creative. My husband hates taking pictures and somehow through the engagement photos and the wedding MJ really brought him out of his shell to make it an enjoyable experience. Thank you 100 times, we cannot wait to document more amazing moments in our life with you!

Marc · Married on 04/08/2016

My wife and I selected Pearl Paper Studio to photograph our wedding in April and we are extremely happy! Benson and Steve were an absolute pleasure to work with and really captured some amazing photos. Ben and Karis answered all of my questions and were very responsive. I made almost all of the arrangements with Karis and everything was pretty seamless from the engagement shoot all the way up until the wedding day. Our wedding photos were done SOO quickly. We are surprised at how soon they were all edited and ready. I recommend Pearl Paper Studio to anyone looking for wedding/engagement photos!

Tara · Married on 02/06/2016

Pearl Paper Studios was absolutely incredible! They captured our wedding day so perfectly and beautifully! Our pictures were so amazing that we were actually selected as a Wedding of the Week in New Jersey Bride Magazine!!! MJ & Jay were so personable and made taking pictures so enjoyable. Everyone who has looked at our pictures have commented how talented our photographers were. In addition, they were super reasonable in regards to price and provided us with a variety of different options (engagement session, album, extra time, etc). We strongly recommend using Pearl Paper Studios as your wedding photographer- you will not be disappointed!!!

Ana · Married on 10/31/2015

We absolutely loved all our pictures! This team was super helpful in every way, from giving us different vendors to helping us with a timeline for our venue. They really do wonderful work! I will recommend them to anyone I know!

Paige · Married on 09/18/2015

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Benson Lau, Ben Lau, and Karis Lau at Pearl Paper Studio. Benson was our photographer during our complimentary engagement shoot, and on our wedding day. Without a doubt, hiring Pearl Paper Studio was the best wedding-related decision we made! Not only is the team the nicest group of people you'll ever meet, but they are also professional, reliable, and incredibly responsive. Benson and his team went above and beyond their responsibilities as wedding photographers...arriving early, staying late, making sure to capture every single wonderful, awesome wedding moment! We received about over 500 beautiful wedding photos shortly after our wedding day, both color, and black and white, all retouched to perfection! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and I cannot wait to hire the team again to capture more epic life moments!