Peabody Essex Museum Reviews

Peabody Essex Museum 4
Peabody Essex Museum 5

Elissa Stopyra · Married on 08/03/2019

Exceptionally Stunning and Stress Free

When my husband and I got engaged and began discussing locations for our wedding, the Peabody Essex Museum was top of the list from the start. The transformation of the Atrium from a museum gathering place to cocktail and wedding reception space is like no other. Working with Natalia left us with full assurance that when we and our guests entered the venue everything would be perfect, and it was. Henry was also amazing, taking care of all our lighting requests and even offering his own suggestions, which we loved. From the light projection on the wall and dancefloor, to collaborating with the catering company, greeting us at the front door, and ensuring that we got to take pictures in all the best spots around the museum. We truly could not have asked for a more beautiful location, and an amazing team of staff. It is because of Natalia and her team being so strong, that we were able to simply enjoy the wedding with no worries, and for that we are truly grateful. Our guests were all astounded with the venue, and we knew they would be!

Sent on 08/07/2019

D Larsson · Married on 12/29/2018

Terrific wedding venue!!

My daughters wedding was beautiful! Natalia and her staff were so professional and made the whole experience a pleasure!
    She was extremely responsive and offered so much advice and recommendations I didn't even think of. I would absolutely recommend having a wedding there, it was perfect!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Christina · Married on 08/04/2018

Beyond perfect!

To say we had the most perfect wedding reception at the Peabody Essex Museum would be an understatement. From the first day that we saw the venue, Natalia was super responsive, accommodating, sweet, and flexible with us and what we envisioned for our wedding day. She eased our minds during every step of the way and not only made the planning process easy but enjoyable. When our wedding day arrived, she took care of everything and we were in awe when we walked into the cocktail hour/reception. Everything looked absolutely beautiful and was laid out exactly how we wanted it to be. They did a phenomenal job transforming the space into a stunning room that all of our guests were extremely impressed by. Even three months after the wedding, we are still receiving compliments about how beautiful the venue was and surpassed everyone’s expectations. We are so thankful for everyone at the PEM and highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Peabody Essex Museum 6
    Peabody Essex Museum 7

Karen · Married on 07/07/2018

We got married in July 2018, and we couldn't be more thrilled with our PEM wedding! The Atrium itself is absolutely stunning and photographs beautifully. Our guests were all very impressed! More importantly, we had an amazing experience working with Natalia. She is incredibly sweet, responsive, attentive and reassuring - especially towards the end when the stress of wedding planning really kicked in! She truly cared about making our day perfect, and always made us feel like she was as excited as we were for the big day. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted (and more!), and we owe that to Natalia for her attention to detail and for going above and beyond to make the planning process as easy as possible for us. We can't say thank you enough!!!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Christina · Married on 06/09/2018

I can't say enough about how happy we were to have chosen the Peabody Essex to host our wedding reception. From the start, Natalia was so easy to work with, and put my mind at ease many times throughout the process. Natalia and her team are just amazing. The atrium is just stunning, and we still have guests raving to us about what a fantastic venue it was. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Andrea · Married on 04/28/2018

Our wedding at the PEM in April 2018 exceeded all of our expectations. The venue is spectacular, and Natalia was a true professional in helping us to bring it all together. It was the perfect choice for us. Thank you PEM!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Douglas · Married on 10/14/2017

My partner and I just hosted our wedding reception at the Peabody Essex Museum. She and could not be happier with our experience. It was stellar! The space was a stunning setting for our reception, and working with Natalia was an absolute pleasure. We had quite a few of our guests (many of whom work in the arts, as we do) comment on how wonderful the museum's atrium setting was, and, they were thankful for the opportunity to be in Salem for the day and take advantage of the museum as well. We used the Hawthorne for a caterer and the planning integration between them and the museum was seamless. Moreover, we wanted to have a masquerade reception, it being October, and Natalia worked with us to make that happen. Finally, Natalia worked with our photographer to get us into a few beautiful gallery spaces for photos after hours. If you are looking for elegance and the arts, all with the beauty and quirkiness of Salem as an environment, look no further than the Peabody Essex Museum.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Kristina · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Natalia Leskaris or the Peabody Essex Museum. The venue is so gorgeous and had the unique, modern, high end vibe I was looking for and it's such a cool contrast from the old cobblestone New England streets outside. Natalia was so easy to work with from our initial meeting throughout. I don't think I would have survived the week of or the day of our wedding without her.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Victoria · Married on 09/16/2017

The Peabody Essex Museum is a phenomenal venue for many reasons: (1) The atrium is a gorgeous, dramatic, unique space that looks stunning in person and in photos. The architecture is amazing, with high ceilings and windows but it is also neutral so you truly make it your own and you have a lot of options and flexibility for how to decorate. (2) Natalia is fantastic to work with. She has great knowledge of the industry and vendors and gave us really good advice throughout the process. She was also very flexible and accommodated our many requests and vendors despite the added complexity. Everything was perfectly executed on the day of despite some of the complicated logistics involved, and it was in no small part due to Natalia’s level of organization and dedication. (3) Having the wedding in the Museum was really special because we were able to take photos in the museum galleries (though galleries are closed to guests during the reception for good reason) and were able to give our guests museum passes in the welcome bags, and everyone really loved being able to explore the museum during the weekend. (4) The PEM is in a great location where guests can stay at one of the many hotels that are in walking distance of the venue and take advantage of the great restaurants and things to do in the area throughout the weekend. It made everything very easy from a logistical standpoint.

All in all, I highly recommend the PEM for all of the reasons outlined above. It will make for a truly special venue to celebrate your wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Mitchell · Married on 09/09/2017

We couldn't be happier about how our wedding reception at the PEM turned out. The space was beautiful, and Natalia and the staff were extremely helpful in making it a beautiful event. The Atruim has a well earned reputation for being a beautiful event space, but until you're in there with the lights down and everything set up, it's hard to fully comprehend how amazing it really is.

From our the earliest days of our planning, Natalia helped us stay on track so that by the day of the event, our vendors knew what to do and we just got to focus on our guests. We didn't need a separate wedding planner because the PEM does such a good job with day of coordination.

As soon as we arrived at the PEM on the day of, they made sure we ate, and the took us into the museum for pictures which was such a cool experience. And for the rest of the event they handled the schedule of things like the first dances and cake cutting, so that all we had to do was have fun.

We highly recommend the PEM and Natalia for your wedding reception (or any event). It was white glove service from start to finish and a spectacular way to celebrate with our friends and family.

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Peabody Essex Museum 8
    Peabody Essex Museum 9
    Peabody Essex Museum 10

Michaela · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I got married at the Peabody Essex Museum this August in the Atrium. We were over the moon with the location when we first saw it and it lived up to its first impression. We've heard from many family and friends how much they loved the venue and enjoyed the evening. Not only is the location lovely on its own, but Natalia and her team, as well as Hawthorne Catering, were such an amazing team to work with. Natalia proved us with much insight when we probed her with multiple questions and was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. The PEM team was there every step of the way included the night of, where not only did we have a day of coordinator from PEM, but from Hawthorne catering. We had all hands on deck and the night was successful! We are so grateful for the beautiful location and amazing team and would not change a thing about our big day!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Alison · Married on 05/13/2017

Our reception at the Peabody Essex Museum was incredible-the atrium makes a for a beautiful and unique space for a wedding reception. Natalia was so helpful through the entire planning process and took care of every detail for us. We had an amazing wedding thanks to her and the PEM!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Kathleen · Married on 04/01/2017

I was truly impressed with the PEM. We had 300 people and it did not feel to crowded. We worked with Natalia Laskaris, who could of not been any nicer. She was flexible, accommodating, professional, and kind. She understood what we wanted and worked with us to achieve it. Our guests were impressed with the venue and they loved everything about it.
    We would highly recommend this venue A+

Sent on 04/11/2017

Lea · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I couldn’t be more pleased with our decision to have our wedding at the Peabody Essex Museum! We checked out a few different venues but upon walking into the museum, I knew instantly that this was the place - just a very unique space, with great lighting, and a lot of character. And then we met Natalia (who manages private functions for the museum) and she is just one of the most delightful people I have ever met. I honestly can’t say enough great things about her. Planning and figuring out all the details was not my forte but she was super helpful – answering emails promptly at all hours of the day, putting me at ease, and just there for anything I needed. I told my husband that if she wasn’t already going to be there, I would have wanted to invite her to our wedding! As for the actual wedding day, the museum looked amazing. The lighting in the Atrium was awesome and the dance floor was spacious. So many guests came up to us and commented on how incredible our venue was. We also had access to the Intersections Room and Spiral Staircase for pictures which was just an amazing backdrop and provided us some unique and breath-taking pictures. It was simply perfect! We just loved our wedding! Thanks again to Natalia and PEM!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Maria · Married on 08/13/2016

The Peabody Essex Museum was the first of several venues we visited and nothing compares. We had our cocktail hour in the atrium spine and reception in the atrium itself this past August and I'm still getting compliments from guests and vendors. Natalia is the event coordinator at the museum and she is AMAZING. She was so involved with my entire wedding I honestly felt like she was my own personal wedding coordinator. I can't thank Natalia and the whole PEM team enough. If you are looking for a gorgeous venue this is it!!!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Jayne · Married on 06/24/2016

If I could give 10 stars I would. Natalia and her team are so responsive, even with me who tended to be quite "organized." The venue is exceptional and they made every little detail seem magical. It was seamless from beginning to end. Every other future event I plan, I want to have at PEM and I want Natalia to plan it.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/11/2016

We don’t even know where to begin when explaining just how amazing the museum and Natalia were throughout the planning process, ending in what could only be described as our picture perfect wedding day. From the moment we first stepped in the museum at our initial visit, we knew it was the spot for our June reception. Once we met Natalia, any possible doubts were erased. Natalia is one of those amazing types of people who just set you at ease the minute you meet her, and our appreciation of Natalia only grew as time went on. She is a calming presence, and always made us feel like we were her top priority; even with all the couples she works with throughout the year! We had boxes upon boxes of reception details (not that they were needed with the beautiful backdrop of the museum!) and Natalia and team made sure it all went off without a hitch. Every single detail was carried out to perfection, which meant a lot to this detail-oriented perfectionist bride! From the rooms (East India for cocktail, atrium for dinner and dancing), to the lighting, to the staff, everything was just amazing. Natalia even made sure to extend our cocktail hour so we could get some amazing photos in the museum. Our guests raved about the unique venue, and we will always have such wonderful memories of our wedding night. We also have to extend a shout out to Jenn, who stuck around for the whole reception and made sure everything continued to run smoothly; she was organized, professional, and so much fun! If you are considering PEM for your wedding, or just poking around for a unique venue, don’t hesitate! Email Natalia, schedule a visit, and we are sure you will fall in love just as we did! We would not change a thing about our day, and Natalia and everyone at PEM are a huge reason for that. Thank you ALL again for everything, it was a night we will never forget! And a special thank you to Natalia for always being so graceful when working with my opinionated family :)

Sent on 08/08/2016

Claudia · Married on 01/23/2016

My daughter and her husband had their wedding at the Peabody Essex Museum in January of 2016. Although the weather outside was dreadful, the wedding and reception went without a hitch! Natalia Laskaris and her team went above and beyond their duties to have a perfectly coordinated event! The venue is spectacular to the point that it almost doesn’t need any decorations. It elevates any reception to the highest level The couple only had special lighting as decor and the place looked sophisticated and classy. The dancing space is plentiful. I highly recommend the Peabody Essex Museum to any couple looking for their perfect place!

Sent on 12/29/2016

Elise · Married on 12/31/2015

Natalia and her staff at the PEM are professionals and just great. They made the entire process incredibly easy and stress free, answering any questions we had and helping us with things we hadn't even thought about. The venue itself is incredible and the staff make it all the better.

Sent on 10/28/2016

We looked as several museums and libraries in the greater Boston area, but when we walked into the Peabody Essex Museum, my fiance and I looked at each other and said YES at the same time.

Not only is the PEM a beautiful space and an amazing musuem, but their wedding coordinator, Natalia, and her PEM colleagues were immensely helpful. We felt that our thoughts were heard, ideas were offered, communication was easy, and the PEM made it easier for us to create our special day.

Enter our wedding day - it could not have been more perfect. We were married in the East India Marine Hall, cocktail hour was in the atrium spine, and our reception was in the atrium. Every detail had been mapped out to maximize flow of people and attention, and time for food, dancing, visiting, and special moments. Our guests had a wonderful time because the PEM took such great care to make it awesome - and everyone commented that the wedding was so "us".

We used the Hawthorne Hotel Caterers who worked seamlessly with the PEM, and the food was fabulous. What an amazing staff they have, too!

I cannot recommend this venue enough - for both ceremony and reception.

The best part is that when you have a wedding at the PEM, you have to become a member ($100 well spent!). We've already attended special events as members, and since the wedding we've been recognized and congratulated by several of the PEM staff. It feels like "our" museum in a way, in that we created a wonderful set of memories and get to walk back through them together every time we visit.

You can't go wrong with the PEM. Love you guys!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

My wedding at the PEM was everything I could have hoped for and more! Natalia is amazing to work with, extremely helpful in every aspect of the wedding planning process.
    Everyone is ver professional and work hard to make the wedding day go smoothly (which mine did! :) )
    The pictures you will get from using the PEM as your wedding venue are worth a million dollars. It is just stunning there! The rooms transform but still keeps the museums natural beauty present. I would HIGHLY recommend every bride to have their wedding at the PEM, it was an absolute dream
    Come true!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Amazing venue, staff, and event planner! Natalia was wonderful throughout the planning process, and the day of. She made us feel relaxed, and helped make our wedding day more than we could ever dream of. The venue is a standout- you really can't go wrong!

Sent on 09/17/2015
  • I

Ira · Married on 09/06/2015

The Peabody Essex Museum, and in particular our wedding coordinator Natalia Laskaris, did a superb job in helping our dream wedding come true. My wife Jen and I had hoped to be married in a museum given that I proposed to her in one. From the get-go Natalia and the staff of PEM were diligent, courteous, and thorough in making sure all our questions were answered and our needs were met. The result was a stunning occasion - one that left guests in awe of the venue and its overall ambiance.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2015

When searching for a wedding venue, my (now) husband and I knew we wanted a location that was unique. We had visited Salem previously and loved the city. It was not too far away from Boston, and provided out of town guests a nice weekend away. Also, we were both huge art fans, having got engaged at another art museum. Holding our wedding at the Peabody Essex Museum was a no brainer. The venue is truly stunning. We had our ceremony, cocktails, and reception all the museum. The ceremony was in the Atrium, cocktails in the Bartlett & Copeland galleries, and the reception in the East India Marine Hall. Each space flowed very well into the other. In addition to the beautiful location, the staff at the Peabody Essex Museum were fantastic. Natalia was great to work with. She was always available for questions, as well as multiple site visits with various family members. Also, we worked with the in-house caterer, Hawthorne Catering. Working with both the Hawthorne and the Peabody Essex Museum, made planning effortless. These two team up so well together, as the bride, I didn’t have to worry about the details. They are a class A act. Thank you to Natalia and the Peabody Essex Museum, for making our wedding a truly memorable amazing event. I couldn’t of dreamed of anything better!

Sent on 10/30/2015