Paxton Photography Reviews

Paxton Photography 3
Paxton Photography 4
Paxton Photography 5

Haley Savage · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Went above and beyond for us!

I don't think there are nearly enough stars for Meg. She handled everything and anything on my wedding day before I even had a moment to panic. Our pictures are out of this world! I couldn't be happier! She got us the previews quickly and everything she sent us is perfect! She listened to my photo requests and kept all of the bridal party in line and ready to take more pictures which was a huge task on its own. But she did it with ease! I could go on and on about how fantastic she is. 100% worth booking!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Machalak · Married on 06/01/2019

10 out of 5 stars!

My husband and I were absolutely blown away by how phenomenal our wedding and engagement photos were! Meg truly captured what it felt like to be in those moments (yet somehow leaving no trace of the cold or rain). My words can't do our appreciation justice. I feel like she just got it.

We were married mid-day at Lane Road Beach in Port Oneida, MI, and Meg made sure things went off without a hitch. Not only did she wrangle our 3-year-old golden retriever (who was very upset he couldn’t go into Lake Michigan), keep our 9, 7, and 6 year old ring bearers from picking poison ivy before the ceremony, roll with the fact that our officiant was 30 minutes late to the ceremony, she also brought the exact number of umbrellas we needed to keep our wedding party dry during rainy beach photos. When Meg emailed us our wedding photo previews (less than two weeks after the wedding -- this woman is a machine) she also informed us that she found two Petoskey stones at our wedding site, which she had made into charms so we could have mementos of our beautiful day.

As we’ve shared our photos with our friends and family, we’ve received such compliments as “hands down the best wedding photos I’ve ever seen,” “it’s too bad you can’t just hang 57 wedding photos in your house,” and “I honestly just cannot believe there are so many good ones.” And she was only with us for 2 hours!

If you want someone who will ensure your day is incredible and give you the photos to prove it, book Meg. We can't wait to find a reason to work with her again in the future!

Paxton Photography 6
    Paxton Photography 7
    Paxton Photography 8
    Paxton Photography 9
    Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Jason

Jason Anderson · Married on 05/31/2019

Meg is the best of the best

Meg was the best photographer we could have asked for. My bride and I got married at The Homestead Resort in Northern Michigan and Meg captured our ceremony, reception, and sunset pictures for us. She was easy to work with and she really knew her craft. She offered incredible flexibility to help with costs yet and ensure that we had the best chance at some great locations. In addition to all this, she even offered to provide us solutions for our reception music and sent us a small gift prior to our wedding. Meg made things easy and fun, we couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 10/13/2018

I would highly recommend her!!!!

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Meg! She captured beautiful photos of our engagement and our wedding! I got very sick the same week we had our engagement photos scheduled, and Meg was great about letting us reschedule while also proving that she cares more about her clients than the money behind them. We were also very excited to learn that she has dogs of her own, and would easily be able to incorporate our fur baby into some of our favorite photos.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Lesli · Married on 09/15/2018

I wish that I could give Meg 10 stars!! She was amazing! From the moment I talked to her on the phone to the last picture was sent to us she made our day a beautiful photographic memory! Professional at every turn, amazing quality, and personalized service that we have never experienced. Her experience in her field shows in every photo and how she makes the day flow! I cannot recommend Paxton Photography enough!!

Paxton Photography 10
    Sent on 10/09/2018
  • AJ

AJ · Married on 06/09/2018

Meg is incredible and invaluable. As a photographer, she is extremely professional and talented, and her Instagram proudly displays the many ways her creativity can highlight your wedding day. As a business owner, she knows flexibility and structure must be in perfect balance, which will differ per person, and takes the itiniative to prompt your own creativity or to guide in the right direction when the time comes. Day-of, she will be by your side to make sure that everything runs smoothly and play interference for you if the going gets tough.

I highly recommend Paxton Photography for anyone looking to hire a professional, and her skills go beyond wedding photography, too, if you just want some classic portraits done. I will definitely be hiring her again in the future for other photograph needs and cannot express how amazing she is.

If you are looking for wedding services, I recommend going with her 8 hour package which includes a second photographer as well. Meg is incredible on her own, but adding a second set of eyes and lenses to the day will broaden your list of photos to choose from for prints as well as give your impromptu back-up assistant an assistant of her own. (Plus, ours even joined us on the dance floor for a bit, between camera flashes of course.)

Sent on 06/18/2018

Paula · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with Meg was one of my favorite parts of our wedding. She went above and beyond any and all our expectations for the day. We had so much fun taking all our photos. After doing our engagement photo session with Meg, we knew we wanted to have her as our wedding photographer. She has an incredibly artistic eye and her photos are amazing. She was so easy to work with too, always making sure everything ran smoothly. We received our previews so quickly and I cannot wait to see the rest.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Cass · Married on 03/03/2017

Go with Meg because she will go with you! Talk about flexibility, this lady is game for your big day, no matter how much adventure you put into your day. We were so impressed with her assistance to keep us organized and her attention to detail and just her overall pleasant spirit to share with us on this day. She will not disappoint you with her product. You will have the most memorable photos EVER. Our friends and family are raving too.

Sent on 03/26/2017

Autumn · Married on 02/18/2017

She captured all of the shot that we asked for and did an amazing job! She was so kind and kept everything going so that we had enough time to get what we needed done since we were on a tight schedule! She worked with us and answered so so so many questions I had and was quick to answer emails! She comes highly recommended and if you go with her, you won't regret anything at all! Well worth price, friendliness and quality!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Sara · Married on 09/10/2016

Meg is incredible. Truly a talented photographer and a great person! She put us at ease every step of the way with her great communication and expert wedding knowledge, and was a rockstar on our wedding day. Our photos are absolutely stunning and we had a great time working with her and her assistant. We will definitely be working with Meg again for our future photo needs. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2016

Meg is awesome!! She takes the time to get to know you and exactly what you want! She makes you feel special and I cannot say enough great things about her! She will not disappoint you!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Matt · Married on 07/17/2016

Where do I even begin!? Meg is the most skilled and talented photographer that I have ever met. She not only captured our wedding day photos but our engagement pictures as well. Meg has a way of making you feel calm and at ease with every shot. She know how to make every picture look like something out of a storybook. My wife and I could not have picked a better photographer. We will miss working with her! Make the decision of choosing her to capture your day, it will be the best decision you will make!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Suzanne · Married on 06/13/2015

Meg was great to work with. I had to coordinate with her from Arizona for my wedding she walked in and everything went smoothly, even taking care of my daughters necklace that was too long. She was truly great to work with and her work is amazing! We loved everything about her

Sent on 06/21/2015

Chastity · Married on 04/18/2015

Meg was fabulous! Helped me stay on the timeline of events & capture moments!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Misty · Married on 10/18/2014

Meg and Zach did a wonderful job at our Themed Wedding! The pictures that we have seen are absolutely beautiful! We can't wait to see the rest of them.

Sent on 10/29/2014

There is no doubt in our mind if we were to get married again Meg would be the person we would want to capture our moment. Not only did the pictures turn out sensational but she was irreplaceable on the day of the wedding. She helped us sew on last minute pendants that fell off my bridesmaid's dress, she instructed us through minor details and kept us on point the entire day. Meg was absolutely fabulous! Our wedding was at Castle Farms and she knows the grounds like her own backyard. She was also very responsive to emails and phone calls. She put us at ease on the day of our wedding! Hands down the best!

Jacqueline · Married on 08/01/2014

I have never had so much fun taking pictures! Meg was amazing and was able to ready my husband and my personality after meeting us for 5 minutes. She is extremely creative and adapts to last minute changes with out blinking. Wish we lived in Michigan so we could use her every year for family photos.

• Katelynn

Katelynn · Married on 06/28/2014

Meg and her assistant, Zach, were both stellar to work with before and on our wedding day. Meg is professional and an amazing photographer. Our pictures turned out amazing and I couldn't be more pleased.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Keri · Married on 06/07/2014

Meg (Paxton Photography) was fantastic! We have been working with her for over a year since she also did our engagement pictures. She was open to any idea we had and was super flexible about hours! We had two ceremonies, one in a church on Friday and then a larger ceremony at our venue Saturday and Meg was able to work out a contract with us for both days. We had wanted pictures at the beach but didn't think on Saturday we'd have enough time between the ceremony and reception so we ended up doing that on Friday after our first ceremony and Meg was totally on board with everything. It worked out perfectly! Meg was always available for emails and phone calls about decisions and planning and made excellent suggestions for the shot lists!

The day of couldn't have been better! Meg was there when we got there and was a total life-saver! She was helping the bridesmaids tie up my dress, she was pinning boutineers on groomsmen all while taking amazing pictures! She knew the venue and had awesome ideas for pictures around the grounds. After the ceremony when it was time for the family photo's she was a pro at organizing everyone (which says a ton because my husbands family is huge)!

We had a photo booth at the reception as well so she had an assistant managing that and it was such a huge hit! The pictures we got back are hilarious!

We got our proof books and disks with all of the pictures in the mail and I can't stop looking at them! Whenever we need professional pictures taken in the future, I'll be going right back to Paxton Photography!

Sent on 08/17/2014

Meg and her team made this day so much fun. The memories they captured are absolutely priceless, made more so because several members of our families and friends were unable to attend due to a family emergency. Meg's responsiveness with answers to questions and quick turnaround are only two of a thousand reasons to have Paxton Photography part of your special event!

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2014

Meg was absolutely terrific to work with for our wedding. Our pictures look beautiful, and the ideas Meg had were so creative! She was able to give us several photo ideas because she was so familiar with our wedding venue. When the timeline of events on our wedding day changed around at the last minute, Meg was able to seamlessly roll with the changes, and she was definitely prepared. I can't imagine working with anyone else on our wedding day!

Sent on 01/25/2015

Megan · Married on 08/25/2013

Meg was without a doubt the best decision I made during my wedding planning. The pictures she and her assistant took were fantastic, and being able to see the pictures a few days after the wedding was great. Meg got all the pictures we requested and had some creative ideas of her own. She really knew our venue well (Castle Farms), so we got the best use out of our time since she knew exactly where to go. Not only were the pictures great, but so was just working with Meg. She helped me getting ready and even fixing my bustle when it came off during the reception. I don’t know what I would have done without Meg; she really took the stress off me so I could really enjoy the day.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Mel · Married on 08/24/2013

Meg was great! She was more put together than some of my bridesmaids. She kept us on track and encouraged my bridesmaids to move a little faster while getting ready so they could get me into my dress.

She was a savior and took a lot of stress off me that day.

I haven't seen all my pictures yet but she did a sneak peak and they are amazing. Can't suggest her enough

Sent on 09/02/2013

Working with Meg from Paxton Photography was a wonderful experience. I am so pleased with our wedding pictures. Meg and her assistant both were extremely professional, friendly and efficient. I had a long list of photos and group shots that we really wanted to capture and she accomplished each one beautifully and in a timely manner so we could also enjoy the wedding. Before the wedding she asked me to gather wedding photos to see what style I preferred. She reviewed all of this thoroughly and not only captured the style, but also specific unique shots that I loved. We have so many fun and creative photos to choose from now that capture our wedding day. Also as an added perk, Meg not only was a great photographer but also repined a lock of hair that was driving me crazy before the wedding and she fixed my bustle when it broke (i.e. got stepped on). Overall a great experience, if we hadn’t planned the wedding from out of town I would book her again!

Sent on 08/22/2013

jaclyn · Married on 08/25/2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE Meg!!!!!!!!

Meg met with us before the event to discuss ideas, offer advice, set a timeline and had plenty of helpful hints. She was prompt in replying to emails in the days leading up to the event. Meg is a take charge type of personality and that is exactly what I needed on my wedding day. She led the photography and told everyone where they needed to be and at what time. If you are planning on being a "bridezilla" or a micro-manager on your wedding day, then she may not be the one for you. I would encourage you though, to let go and to let her do what she does best- manage people and take AMAZING photographs. She listened to ALL of my ideas and took all of the photos that I wanted, but also improved on my ideas, did a lot of her own stuff and thought up some creative and fun pictures for myself, my husband and our wedding party.

Meg brought an assistant with her on our wedding day and I love having the different views and perceptions that were captured. I am so thankful that he was there with her!

I promptly received my sneak peek photos a few days after (she must not sleep) and had my full hardcover bound album with over 1000 photos and a digital CD that accompanied about 1.5 months after the date. Shes awesome!!!!!

I really cannot express how happy I am that I chose Meg to photograph my wedding day. I am more than pleased with her professionalism, creativity, promptness, value and the quality of the photos! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that is getting married in the Traverse City, MI area.

And if you read this, Meg, THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2012