Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant Reviews

Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant 6
Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant 7

Elizabeth · Married on 08/10/2019

Perfection

Everyone loved the food the staff was so nice, they even brought us our plates and drinks to us. And were so very nice!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Shaye · Married on 10/07/2017

We had our wedding reception here at Lady and Sons and had an amazing experience!!! They were so helpful and worked with us on time. The food was absolutely amazing and everyone enjoyed their experience there. Would highly recommend!!!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant 13
    Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant 14
    Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons restaurant 15

Sherrie · Married on 03/14/2017

We had a wonderful reception in Ort Hall. The venue was perfect for an intimate reception (15 guests), the food was tasty, and the staff were great (we even coaxed them into dancing with us!)!

Sent on 03/31/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

We went to lady and sons for our rehearsal dinner and were very pleased with their services. We were in the Ort Hall and were separate from the main restaurant which we liked. All our guests were from out of town and were very excited to go Paula Dean's restaurant. The food was delicious as always and service was very good. I would definitely recommend for any catering event.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Ashtin · Married on 06/04/2015

Lady and Sons provided the catering and reception venue (Ort Hall) for my wedding. The food was out of this world good! You could hear everyone's "mmmmmm's" and comments on the excellence of the food during the entire meal. My guests commented that it was the best food they have ever had let alone at a wedding! John Gallien was very easy to work with and was helpful.

Sent on 06/12/2015

Morgan · Married on 05/15/2015

If there is one single reason to choose Lady and Son's (and there are MANY), it would have to be the food. It is phenomenal! But in additional to the best southern food I've had in my entire life, John and his team are friendly, flexible, and very professional! They were able to roll with a couple bumps in our wedding road and were just amazing throughout the entire process. We had our rehearsal dinner at Ort Hall, which is just perfect for a smaller party...its private, beautiful, and the waitstaff were subtle but friendly! I can't say enough great things about Lady and Sons!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Allison · Married on 02/28/2015

The food was amazing! They were on time and very easy to work with! Amazing prices for the amount and quality of food that you get!

All the guests were saying that it was the best wedding food that they have ever had!

We had them cater our cocktail hour and dinner.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Alison · Married on 02/14/2015

Great food, excellent pricing, wonderful service and drop off of food. Everyone raved about the food at my wedding!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Kathy · Married on 10/18/2014

Our reception was at Ort Hall - what an incredible and intimate location for a special event

John is incredible to work with - the food is absolutely AMAZING!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Angela · Married on 10/04/2014

My guest RAVED about the food and the service. Ort Hall was the perfect size for what we wanted and John was really easy to deal with.

Sent on 10/08/2014

Food is amazing! The staff bend of backwards for you.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Chris, Director of Catering, was professional, pleasant, and understanding as he worked with us to cater our small wedding on Tybee Island. If you are looking for high brow food you should look elsewhere. But if you want what we wanted, e.g. good, down-home, southern fare you should talk to Chris and tell him to "c'mon over" to your reception venue. Everybody, including the preacher (and more importantly the preacher's wife) went "hog wild" over the collard greens; and even though I was the bride I never even got a bite of the banana pudding before it was gone, even though I ordered for more guests than attended. We were happy with the service and the food. Great for a destination wedding like ours!

Sent on 08/07/2014

greta · Married on 07/12/2014

The price was awesome and the food/service was amazing!! John was wonderful to work with! Good good people!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Shey · Married on 02/22/2014

We had our reception at the Lady and Son's Ort Hall for our February destination wedding in Savannah. John was so wonderful to work with in the planning process. He was always quick to reply to even the smallest questions. The room was beautiful and the food was delicious! The staff that night was also so wonderful. They made the night even more special. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 03/02/2014

Jamie · Married on 08/09/2013

Great room, amazing food, And wonderful staff! Helped make our event perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2013

They were GREAT to work with! I made a last minute trip to scope things out for my wedding and they were more than accommodating in allowing me to see their party room. The food was amazing too....and our guests absolutely loved it! Thank you, John and team!!!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Amanda · Married on 04/28/2012

All our guests raved about the wonderful food. Portions were huge as promised. Wait staff was very nice and wuick to clean up. Very resonable pricing on buffet. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 05/06/2012

Lisa · Married on 04/20/2012

This place was awesome! The hostess was very sweet and fast to respond we were treated VIP. And our waiter was awesome he treated us like family. Thank you Paula for the awesome food and treating us like part of your family !!!

Sent on 04/21/2012

Amy · Married on 09/24/2011

We had The Lady & Sons cater our wedding reception. Our guests had such high expections for the food since it is Paula Deen's restaurant and I don't think anyone was disappointed. I originally tried to rent their banquet room, but it was already booked. And I was hesitant because generally food is never as good when it is transported, but it was excellent. All the food was still hot and tasted great. The only thing wrong was that we ordered corn and got mac & cheese instead. But it was a hit with the kids so it all worked out. I was worried the portions would be a bit small so I ordered for a few extra people and we had a lot left over. We also used 2 servers and rented their chafing dishes which was a good choice. And best of all, the price was very reasonable! So pleased with everything!

Sent on 10/01/2011

Lyndsey · Married on 04/02/2011

Who doesn't love Paula Deen? I was so thrilled they were able to do my reception! The people there were so nice to work with and anything I needed, they were there to help. The food was soooo delicious, everyone still tells me how much they loved the food at my reception. I wish I would have had time to get seconds! The prices were also very comparable, if not better, than many of the other catering places my venue suggested. I would definitely recommend The Lady and Sons!

Sent on 02/02/2012

Jamie · Married on 03/30/2013

The food was delivered to our wedding right on time, hot and fresh. We were able to pick up the deserts early which allowed us to put them in fancy individual dishes. The compliments from our guests flowed. We were very happy to have chosen the restaurant for our special day!

Sent on 04/11/2013

Deneen · Married on 10/05/2013

While it was hard getting the exact time we originally wanted, Lady and Sons provided our wedding dinner to remember. The buffet is not only delicious, but a great value. We had a guest with both soy and gluten allergies that they were able to accomodate. We also had vegetarians who were able to order off the menu if needed. We worked with John on the day of the event, and we were shocked and surprised to see we were set up in Ort Hall, a beautiful room set up just for us, when we expected to just eat wherever they could fit us. While they couldn't be as flexible on time, they were super flexible on numbers and allowed us to start at 50 and confirm the actual number just a couple days in advance. I would totally recommend Paula's for your special day.

Sent on 12/05/2013

LeiLani · Married on 11/07/2009

To this day (over a year later), the food from the Lady & Sons is one of the most talked about aspects of our wedding. EVERYONE loved it and went back to the buffet for seconds. And no one had to wait in that infamous line around the block at the actual restaurant. ;)

The Lady & Sons is actually very affordable. We got the Southern Buffet delivered to my reception site for $18.99 a head plus tax. We picked from 3 meats and 4 sides (including mac and cheese, my fave!). We also got cheese biscuits, one choice of 3 dessert options, and tea (sweet & unsweetened). We also opted for the fancy chafing dishes and hired their servers.

I think this is an amazing price, considering The Knot.com had our suggested per-person food cost at nearly $60 a head. The only thing missing is seafood. My husband loves seafood, and because our wedding was on the coast, it’s only appropriate to have some. So we sent them an email and asked how much more it would be to add items like crab cakes and the shrimp and grits. The price was right on the crab cakes (although a bit small) and the bacon-wrapped scallops. The shrimp and grits are overpriced in my opinion.

So for 75 people, our total for the catering was $1959, or $26 a person. This total includes fees for chafing dishes, an action chef, place settings (stainless flatware, dinner, salad plates, water, red & white wine glasses, and champagne flutes), and of course, taxes. Because The Lady & Sons are a preferred caterer of Savannah Station (our reception site), we didn’t have to worry about paying $500 to let an outside caterer feed our guests. And the Station provided tables and chairs included in the cost of renting the facility.

Here is a copy of our buffet dinner menu:

Entrees:

* Peach Cobbler

Beverages:

* Sweet AND unsweetened tea
    * Water

One of the few disappointments is that the servers threw out our leftovers instead of packing them up for us to take home! They weren't supposed to do that and a lot of yummy food went to waste (my husband was so sad about that!).

Sent on 02/03/2011

Erin · Married on 10/09/2011

3.0

We had our reception at Lady&Sons. The food was to die for and the staff was very helpful. John was very quick to answer all my emails. The only down side is the 30 min they allow you to get into the banquet room. All together it was great though perfect for a small laid back wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Lisa · Married on 04/16/2011

3.5

The food was awesome! Everyone was very professional. My only complaint is the short turnaround time we had between and previous event and our rehearsal dinner. But, it's such a popular venue that something like that is to be expected.

Sent on 05/11/2011