91 Reviews for Paul Harrison Photography

Albums (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
91 Paul Harrison Photography Reviews

My husband and I found Paul via a random google search 14 months prior to our wedding. Within a few hours Paul had already made contact, and this began our 14 month working relationship. Paul worked with us on our engagement shoot, bridal portraits, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. It is not everyday you find someone willing to stick around for a nearly 14 hour day! He is simply a delight to work with, professional, and has a wonderful eye behind the camera. His technique is superb and adapts to his unique clients and their tastes and visions for what they want in their photos. Paul listened and added his own insight. He works meticulously the day of and his post production is quick and is so stunning you will find yourself looking at your photos over and over. Paul, we can not thank you enough for the stunning memories you captured for us and for being with us every step of the way!

Profile Picture Caitrin, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Paul did an excellent job photographing our small wedding ceremony at Williamsburg Winery. He shot about 115 pictures over two hours, creating a nice mood with the lighting, as it was late afternoon and dusk during the photoshoot. He was patient and professional, and had lots of good ideas for more natural poses. The quality of the photos were outstanding, and we were very happy with his service. Afterward, he agreed to do a little photoshop work on some of the photos too. Thank you, Paul.

Profile Picture Richard, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, High-Res Images, Toning, Wedding Portraits

Absolutely amazing talent. Paul is very easy to get along with, incredibly responsive to emails/texts/calls, and has a real eye for capturing a beautiful shot. He gave us a great deal with 3 photoshoots and we've had countless people tell us how fantastic our engagement photos are :) UPDATE: We just got our wedding photos back and WOW. Every single amazing moment of our wedding was beautifully captured and I'm amazed that he was able to get all the shots that he did - what a talented professional. These photos are gorgeous and I can't wait to share them all with family & friends. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Meg, 10/7/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

Paul is a true visionary! He has countless ideas and does a great job using the environment around him to do a thorough shoot! He recently shot our wedding this past Saturday October 7th at Cary Hill plantation in Charles City, Va. We utilized all the space we could and I have no doubt the results will be fantastic as they were for our engagement shoot this past May! He spent a lot of time with us in order to make sure he got every shot he needed and the entire process super easy for us. Most people don't enjoy photo shoots but we had a blast at the engagement shoot, our dinner the night before our wedding, and the day of! He is also very cultured and a great person to talk to about history and life in general! If you can get a shoot at Jamestown Island with I suggest you take advantage! It was incredible! He was very professional, thorough, and accommodating and I would absolutely hire him again! Thanks Paul! Love, Danny and Meg

Profile Picture Dan, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

I had a great experience using Paul Harrison Photography and would definitely recommend him. He is very professional and took the time to get to know what I was looking for from first contact and meeting up until the wedding. The quality of the photographs are amazing with a mixture of candid and posed. He offered a competitive price that was tailored toward my needs of the day. Lastly the turnaround for receiving the final products was super quick which is great when you are anxious to see the pictures.

Profile Picture Kyna, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Paul is easy to work with He provides comprehensive feedback and is able to capture the essence of your personality. He is efficient and wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture paige, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Paul was absolutely wonderful! When we first met him, we knew he was the photographer for us! My husband has a degree in photojournalism, and so we were looking for someone special to photograph our daughter's wedding. Paul is not just a photographer - he is an artist. He was able to not only capture special moments, but create memories as well!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Paul is amazing! Incredibly professional and flexible. We booked him for our New Year's Eve wedding for 9 hours and he captured our memories throughout the day and into the evening beautifully. We received many compliments. His photographs are as breathtaking indoors as they are outdoors. Paul has a way of capturing candid moments of not just the couple, but the people surrounding them, too. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User7695347, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Paul is very professional and so easy to work with. I had an incident where my makeup artist was running late for my bridal portraits. When she finally got to me she was over a hour late. I called Paul so upset, just embarrassed about the situation (he was already waiting at the site where the pictures were going to be taken at)- he was so understanding of the situation. When I got there he seemed to take away all of my stress away and helped me to relax to take the most gorgeous bridal pictures ever. The day of my wedding again another makeup artist I hired and paid was backed up in traffic across the bridge and wasn't even going to make it in time. Again I panicked and wanted to cry; Paul came out in the hallway and told me not to be upset and not to let it ruin the day- that the day was going to be just great. Paul truly cares about his customers and you can see and tell just how passionate he truly is about his profession. Everyone that was in our wedding party thought the world of him and everyone that has seen both the bridal portraits and the wedding photos were blown out of the water. I would highly without a doubt recommend anyone to hire Paul. It isn't often you run into a patient, good hearted and understanding photographer. He made my memories wonderful and I am truly thankful for him. Thank you so much Paul- you rock!

Profile Picture Sheree, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Paul was absolutely great to work with! He was so responsive and worked so hard to make sure we had exactly what we wanted and we loved our engagement and wedding photos! We would definitely recommend Paul!

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I could not be more thrilled with Paul Harrison Photography. Paul is an amazing photographer and the perfect choice for our wedding. He was beyond accommodating with schedule requests for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He attended our wedding rehearsal to get the 'lay of the land' and I thought that was really above and beyond. I knew from our engagement pictures that the wedding pictures would also be great, and they were. He spent about 10 hours with us that day and captured some great formal shots as well as so many wonderful candid shots. Those are my favorites as I didn't get to see everyone at the reception and it's been so great to review the pictures and see folks. We would for sure use his services again if we ever needed a photographer. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It took us over a year to find the right photographer for our wedding. We interviewed several before finding Paul Harrison Photography, quite by accident, online. Fortunately, Paul was available for our wedding in June 2106 with only 4 or 5 months notice.

Paul is very organized and captured the most beautiful moments of our wedding. He took the time with us to discuss each detail and really understood what we were looking for. The quality of photography is incredible and it was clear that Paul invested in professional equipment to enhance his work. Our wedding didn't begin until 3:00 p.m., but Paul arrived promptly at our home at 10:30 a.m. and continued to work until after 9:00 p.m. that evening. We are extremely lucky to have had Paul Harrison photography create these wonderful memories of our special day!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

This is your guy for weddings! I was planning our event from overseas & in looking for a photographer I had to do all of the research online which made me a bit nervous. I looked at the work from countless photographers & finally ran across Mr. Harrison online. We were getting married in Williamsburg & it appeared that he was very well acquainted with the area & knew all of the "good spots" for photography. In looking at his work it also appeared that he had the ability to shoot a good mix of formal poses along with fun, more laid back looks as well. This could not have been more accurate. From the time I made the call to inquire about availability & pricing I knew that he was the perfect photographer for our event. He was super excited to work with us and spent a significant amount of time on the phone accommodating my calls from overseas. From the beginning he made me feel like my event was on the very top of his priority list & I knew that he had a dedication to making sure that he created the perfect images for us. Mr. Harrison spent a great deal of time getting to know me & getting a feel for what my idea was for our wedding. As I only had a general idea of what I wanted he was able to step in and offer his suggestions based on experience and expertise which was greatly appreciated. When the actual photography begins, he does an amazing job at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera & "coaching" you through the process (for those who need it). He has an organized plan in his mind for the session so that you do not have to figure that out on your own (which I greatly appreciated), but he also makes sure that you know that at any point during the session you can let him know if there are additional shots/poses that you would like. He is very accomodating & flexible throughout the session. He is truly an elite level photographer with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the art of photography. I could go on & on, but am now out of room for typing......

Profile Picture User6718252, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had the honor of having Paul Harrison as our for photographer for our April 2016 wedding. From the beginning, the communication we had with Paul was outstanding. We spent lots of time talking on the phone and he listened to our every need, want and desire and made them happen. I do not know of any other photographer that would go to the depths he did to make our day go as smooth as possible. He created a timeline (in 15 minute increments) to stick to for the entire day. As a bride with OCD, this was amazing! We met several times prior to the wedding and continued to go over every detail. Paul made us feel so comfortable as he had so much knowledge in his field. The day of the wedding, he kept everything on the timeline and pulled everything off FLAWLESSLY! The turnaround time on getting the edited pictures back was outstanding. I cannot say enough about his work. You will not be disappointed!! He was able to capture every detail of our special day and create them into memories we will have forever. Thank you Paul for everything!

Profile Picture KANDI, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

Paul was a pleasure to work with! His work is artistic and stunning. Paul really pays attention to the little details and captures all the special moments you hope to have for your wedding photos. We look forward to working with Paul again the next time we need a photographer.

Profile Picture User6569465, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Paul was amazing to work with and is an extremely talented photographer. You can tell the photography is his passion.

Profile Picture User4654773, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Paul is amazing!

My mom HATES pictures and she got in all the pictures Paul was taking. He made everyone feel so comfortable and was so upbeat and flexible about everything. he thought of some awesome shots and I can't wait to see how they turned out.

Total professional and we can't wait to get some of the awesome albums he showed us!

Profile Picture Renee, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

If I could give Paul a ten out of five I would!!! He is so good at what he does. We interviewed three other photographers, but Paul surpassed them all. We are so glad we selected him as our wedding photographer.
Somehow Paul was able to capture the emotion of joy, laughter, and love throughout our day without being seen. I was truly blown away when I saw our wedding pictures, they are absolutely wonderful.
Paul has a passion, and dedication for his craft and it shows in his photographs. Just trust his vision, and your day will be captured beautifully.
Thanks Paul,

L.P.

Profile Picture User5602551, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Toning, Digital Files

Paul was very invested in our business from the very beginning; He initiated a sincere and appreciated effort to obtain our own vision and expectations for the photography on our big day. He was very knowledgeable regarding his profession, and was even willing to meet at the venue to determine the locations with best lighting. He was always quick to respond to emails and voicemails, and was extremely flexible, including changing locations and schedules the day of the wedding, due to unexpected time constraints. The photos are artistic and beautiful-everything we had hoped for and more. Needless to say, Paul comes highly recommended!

Profile Picture User5600717, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Words cannot fully describe how amazing Paul for our wedding. He spent several hours extra on our engagement shoot and it was obvious then he truly is passionate about what he does. He eye for pictures was spot on with our vision and he was able to capture all the emotion filled and meaningful shots. He went above and beyond what we expected and we wish we had more weddings to work with him!

Profile Picture User4652006, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Our family cannot say enough good things about Paul Harrison Photography! Paul is a talented photographer and his professionalism is unsurpassed. Our family has enjoyed working with Paul during my oldest daughter's wedding in August 2015, and most recently during another daughter's wedding June 2017. Paul photographed engagement sessions, bridal portrait sessions and the wedding day for both weddings. His work is creative, and he manages to capture each special moment and detail of the event. Paul always takes into account his clients expectations and special requests. In addition he is patient, flexible and dependable! Paul is always on time, and a person of integrity. His photography speaks for itself! I highly recommend Paul Harrison Photography! Debbie Lord, Williamsburg, VA.

Profile Picture Debbie, 7/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

If Paul has room in his schedule, I would definitely recommend him to anyone in the Williamsburg area! He was easy to work with, even from out of state, and the photography was amazing. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture User5110523, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about the quality, professionalism and value of Paul Harrison Photography. Paul went above and beyond our expectations to capture our wedding day and also our engagement and rehearsal photos. We were very comfortable with our experience and photo sessions, Paul made it a fun and friendly experience. It is by far the best money you will spend and included a very generous selection of photos to keep and share. Now that our wedding is past, we can relive the moments over and over again by viewing the beautiful photos Paul captured.

Profile Picture Leanne, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Paul Harrison is truly an artist of creating and capturing memories. His photographic style and sense of adventure were the perfect match for our 'traditional wedding with a colorful twist' and his photos are true works of art that we will cherish forever.

He went above and beyond every step of the way, beginning with our first meeting where he shared invaluable knowledge of wedding day logistics, followed by an engagement shoot with lots of helpful posing tips and a little adventure on Jamestown Island, then finally, my bridal session that combined the excitement of my first 'trial run' in the dress and an amazing sunset over the river. All of our planning (and posing!) culminated with our wedding at the Virginia Aquarium, where Paul captured everything beautiful and magical about being surrounded by loved ones AND sea turtles.

We have so many positive things to say about working with Paul, but one of the things that left a lasting impression on us was the number of compliments we received from our guests on his ability to blend into the background and capture the moment in an effective yet completely unobtrusive manner. This professionalism and talent helped make the experience enjoyable not only for us, but also for our friends and family, and resulted in great candid pictures full of love, laughter and happy tears.

Thank you, Paul, for helping us create and document the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Carol, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews