Paul Harrison Photography Reviews

107 | Williamsburg, VA

107 Reviews for Paul Harrison Photography

• Cynthia

Cynthia Ball · Married on 01/04/2020

Gave us exactly what we wanted!

Paul did an excellent job with both our engagement and wedding photos. He was very easy to work with. He listened well to what we were looking for and gave us pictures we loved! I feel he has a real talent. There are only so many ways to do couple and family photos, but Paul still manages to make them feel fresh and exciting with his composition and lighting,

Sent on 01/04/2020

Lisa Lage · Married on 12/04/2019

Memorable, beautiful, stunning photos

Mr. Paul Harrison took the most beautiful, professional, amazing photos for our wedding day! Paul is professional and so gifted in what he does. I would recommend Paul to anyone who wants quality, professional, memorable, stunning, and amazing photos.

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Megan

Megan Badner · Married on 11/10/2019

Far exceeded our expectations and will forever be our go-to photographer!

Paul is the best of the best and we would recommend him to anyone wanting to capture any special occasion. He will definitely be our go-to photographer for years to come, as he far exceeded our expectations for both our engagement and wedding photos. They all turned out beautifully. From the first interaction, Paul was very professional and asked us a lot of questions to understand exactly what we wanted. Because his work is so gorgeous, we wanted him to take full creative drive, which he did. He knew just the right location, poses, and lighting that were needed to get truly high-end, magazine-worthy photos, but also never lost sight of taking the best candid photos as well. He really captured us and our love in every shot. Even our family and friends made comments about how beautiful the photos turned out, and were amazed at how just one photographer was able to get so many angles. Paul is an artist and is nothing like your typical photographer - I’ve never seen anyone work so well with light and angles. You will not be disappointed in the least with your end product (especially if you’re looking for the coveted sunset photos!!) - his work speaks for itself!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Kirstyn

Kirstyn St. Pierre · Married on 10/19/2019

Incredible Experience

Paul was incredibly helpful with the entire photography process. He has years of experience and it really shows. This was extremely helpful, because it took pressure off of me regarding creating a shot list. Not only was Paul knowledgeable, but he was also very nice and easy to work with! My husband and I are usually very awkward in front of a camera, but Paul was able to give us both guidance for posing. I would highly recommend Paul for all wedding and bridal photography.

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Non-intrusive & responsive

Paul was a great choice for our wedding. We are so happy with how he was able to get so many of the special moments. Though we haven't seen the photos yet, since we just got married, I would notice something special at the reception, and I'd see Paul not too far away getting a picture of it. I cannot wait to see them, especially of our first dance. We watched a video back, and we didn't even notice that he was getting so many shots of us fairly close by! It didn't interfere at all, and we truly didn't even notice; I'm sure they're going to it's going to be great to have that memory captured.

He worked to make us feel comfortable and like ourselves in our pictures, and we'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Michela

Michela Anello · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful to Work With

I cannot say enough about Paul Harrison. He is so amazing in every aspect of his work. As soon as I saw his portfolio on his websites, I knew he had to be my photographer! After speaking with him on the phone, it just reassured my decision. Paul is a very laid back guy, but also means business. He knows how to get things done quickly, but in a calm manner. He put me at ease on our wedding day when several guests tried to take over the photoshoots. He knew exactly how to handle every situation.
    His artistic ability is beyond words. His work is so incredible and unique. He truly knows how to capture all the love the my husband and I shared on our engagement shoot and our wedding day. The pictures he took made me cry all over again, because he got our quirks and silly smiles in every picture. Paul brings out the best of you in every picture.
    Paul climbed trees, hopped fences, laid down in wet grass, and much more trying to get the perfect shots for us. I couldn't have imagined having a better photographer and at such an affordable price as well. He is so quick to get pictures back to us, I am sure this varies based on his availability and schedule, but we received our pictures in less than 10 days! It was so exciting to get them so quickly, not to mention we got over 600 pictures!!

Paul Harrison, a million times, thank you so very much! I cannot wait to frame these pictures in our house.

Sent on 04/03/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 02/22/2019

Outstanding at Every Turn

Paul Harrison is Hollywood A-list in terms of his presence, professionalism and photography. He is calm, cool and collected on 'game day' and captures reality in a dramatic, artistic fashion. I plan to hire him again and again throughout my life!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Sarah · Married on 12/28/2018

Professional, non-invasive, responsive

Paul was very detail oriented, helping to set up a schedule specific to my needs and my desire to not have a first look. He took amazing photos of the entire day, from portraits to candids. My mother was very concerned about a photographer being "intrusive" during intimate parts of the day or during the ceremony, however we all felt that Paul fit in very well, making himself fit in and flow with the group or room to ensure he was capturing moments while not impeding any other activities. He did an amazing job, and to get the photos less than 2 weeks later was a MAJOR treat. I felt very fortunate to get winter pricing with Paul, however I would have been extremely happy with his price regardless. Very please and would recommend in a heart beat.

Sent on 01/09/2019

Angela · Married on 10/20/2018

A stellar photographer. He does not disappoint.

Of all of the excellent professionals we used for our wedding, Paul was the most professional and knowledgeable. His skills go beyond his extensive expertise as a photographer. He is kind, calm, helpful and always quick to respond to questions and emails. So many of our guests commented on his attentiveness and skill during our ceremony and reception. I usually do not like being in photographs and always avoid. He made me feel beautiful and I am so happy that I will always have pictures of our wedding day that I truly love. I cannot recommend him enough. Thank you, Paul.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Sara · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning! Would hire again 10/10!!!

Paul was not only awesome to work with, but also made the most amazing photos I've ever seen! My guests are all raving about the photos and couldn't say enough about Paul's professionalism. Truly an incredibly talented artist! 10/10!!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lusy · Married on 09/22/2018

We could not have asked for a better photographer, we were so lucky we chose Paul! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they were spectacular. Not only is his work brilliant, but he has a wonderful and very calm personality - exactly the kind of presence you want on your hectic big day. Cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Nadine · Married on 08/10/2018

If I could give Paul more than five stars for value, I definitely would. Paul was fantastic from the first phone call until the delivery of our wedding photos! They are absolutely stunning. ??

Sent on 09/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/21/2018

Can not sing Paul’s praises enough! Wonderful to work with- before during and after our wedding! And don’t get me started on the photos- stunning!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Caitrin · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I found Paul via a random google search 14 months prior to our wedding. Within a few hours Paul had already made contact, and this began our 14 month working relationship. Paul worked with us on our engagement shoot, bridal portraits, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. It is not everyday you find someone willing to stick around for a nearly 14 hour day! He is simply a delight to work with, professional, and has a wonderful eye behind the camera. His technique is superb and adapts to his unique clients and their tastes and visions for what they want in their photos. Paul listened and added his own insight. He works meticulously the day of and his post production is quick and is so stunning you will find yourself looking at your photos over and over. Paul, we can not thank you enough for the stunning memories you captured for us and for being with us every step of the way!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Becky · Married on 04/28/2018

Paul is amazing!!! He made our day so special with his beautiful photos! He is truely passionate about his work and you can tell in the quality of the photos. When we were together he was always looking for the best shot and never looked at his watch once. I have never felt more beautiful in photos. Thank you does not even begin to express the gratitude I feel for Paul’s work!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Richard · Married on 12/17/2017

Paul did an excellent job photographing our small wedding ceremony at Williamsburg Winery. He shot about 115 pictures over two hours, creating a nice mood with the lighting, as it was late afternoon and dusk during the photoshoot. He was patient and professional, and had lots of good ideas for more natural poses. The quality of the photos were outstanding, and we were very happy with his service. Afterward, he agreed to do a little photoshop work on some of the photos too. Thank you, Paul.

Sent on 12/25/2017

Keiko · Married on 10/14/2017

Williamsburg Wedding

Paul is fantastic!!! Super flexible and willing to help out in any way possible. The amazing candid shots he took at our wedding was unbelievable!!! We had to plan everything from Italy and he was super understanding and patient with all the constant changes!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Meg · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely amazing talent. Paul is very easy to get along with, incredibly responsive to emails/texts/calls, and has a real eye for capturing a beautiful shot. He gave us a great deal with 3 photoshoots and we've had countless people tell us how fantastic our engagement photos are :) UPDATE: We just got our wedding photos back and WOW. Every single amazing moment of our wedding was beautifully captured and I'm amazed that he was able to get all the shots that he did - what a talented professional. These photos are gorgeous and I can't wait to share them all with family & friends. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Dan · Married on 10/07/2017

Paul is a true visionary! He has countless ideas and does a great job using the environment around him to do a thorough shoot! He recently shot our wedding this past Saturday October 7th at Cary Hill plantation in Charles City, Va. We utilized all the space we could and I have no doubt the results will be fantastic as they were for our engagement shoot this past May! He spent a lot of time with us in order to make sure he got every shot he needed and the entire process super easy for us. Most people don't enjoy photo shoots but we had a blast at the engagement shoot, our dinner the night before our wedding, and the day of! He is also very cultured and a great person to talk to about history and life in general! If you can get a shoot at Jamestown Island with I suggest you take advantage! It was incredible! He was very professional, thorough, and accommodating and I would absolutely hire him again! Thanks Paul! Love, Danny and Meg

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Kyna

Kyna · Married on 09/16/2017

I had a great experience using Paul Harrison Photography and would definitely recommend him. He is very professional and took the time to get to know what I was looking for from first contact and meeting up until the wedding. The quality of the photographs are amazing with a mixture of candid and posed. He offered a competitive price that was tailored toward my needs of the day. Lastly the turnaround for receiving the final products was super quick which is great when you are anxious to see the pictures.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Debbie · Married on 07/11/2017

Our family cannot say enough good things about Paul Harrison Photography! Paul is a talented photographer and his professionalism is unsurpassed. Our family has enjoyed working with Paul during my oldest daughter's wedding in August 2015, and most recently during another daughter's wedding June 2017. Paul photographed engagement sessions, bridal portrait sessions and the wedding day for both weddings. His work is creative, and he manages to capture each special moment and detail of the event. Paul always takes into account his clients expectations and special requests. In addition he is patient, flexible and dependable! Paul is always on time, and a person of integrity. His photography speaks for itself! I highly recommend Paul Harrison Photography! Debbie Lord, Williamsburg, VA.

Sent on 07/11/2017

paige · Married on 06/17/2017

Paul is easy to work with He provides comprehensive feedback and is able to capture the essence of your personality. He is efficient and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/08/2017

Paul was absolutely wonderful! When we first met him, we knew he was the photographer for us! My husband has a degree in photojournalism, and so we were looking for someone special to photograph our daughter's wedding. Paul is not just a photographer - he is an artist. He was able to not only capture special moments, but create memories as well!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Andrea · Married on 12/31/2016

Paul is amazing! Incredibly professional and flexible. We booked him for our New Year's Eve wedding for 9 hours and he captured our memories throughout the day and into the evening beautifully. We received many compliments. His photographs are as breathtaking indoors as they are outdoors. Paul has a way of capturing candid moments of not just the couple, but the people surrounding them, too. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/24/2017