Paul Harrison Photography Reviews

Paul Harrison Photography 7
  • Catherine

Catherine Romadka-Fahl · Married on 03/31/2019

Non-intrusive & responsive

Paul was a great choice for our wedding. We are so happy with how he was able to get so many of the special moments. Though we haven't seen the photos yet, since we just got married, I would notice something special at the reception, and I'd see Paul not too far away getting a picture of it. I cannot wait to see them, especially of our first dance. We watched a video back, and we didn't even notice that he was getting so many shots of us fairly close by! It didn't interfere at all, and we truly didn't even notice; I'm sure they're going to it's going to be great to have that memory captured.

He worked to make us feel comfortable and like ourselves in our pictures, and we'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 02/22/2019

Outstanding at Every Turn

Paul Harrison is Hollywood A-list in terms of his presence, professionalism and photography. He is calm, cool and collected on 'game day' and captures reality in a dramatic, artistic fashion. I plan to hire him again and again throughout my life!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Sarah · Married on 12/28/2018

Professional, non-invasive, responsive

Paul was very detail oriented, helping to set up a schedule specific to my needs and my desire to not have a first look. He took amazing photos of the entire day, from portraits to candids. My mother was very concerned about a photographer being "intrusive" during intimate parts of the day or during the ceremony, however we all felt that Paul fit in very well, making himself fit in and flow with the group or room to ensure he was capturing moments while not impeding any other activities. He did an amazing job, and to get the photos less than 2 weeks later was a MAJOR treat. I felt very fortunate to get winter pricing with Paul, however I would have been extremely happy with his price regardless. Very please and would recommend in a heart beat.

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Paul Harrison Photography 12
    Paul Harrison Photography 13
    Paul Harrison Photography 14
    Paul Harrison Photography 15
    Paul Harrison Photography 16

Angela · Married on 10/20/2018

A stellar photographer. He does not disappoint.

Of all of the excellent professionals we used for our wedding, Paul was the most professional and knowledgeable. His skills go beyond his extensive expertise as a photographer. He is kind, calm, helpful and always quick to respond to questions and emails. So many of our guests commented on his attentiveness and skill during our ceremony and reception. I usually do not like being in photographs and always avoid. He made me feel beautiful and I am so happy that I will always have pictures of our wedding day that I truly love. I cannot recommend him enough. Thank you, Paul.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Sara · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning! Would hire again 10/10!!!

Paul was not only awesome to work with, but also made the most amazing photos I've ever seen! My guests are all raving about the photos and couldn't say enough about Paul's professionalism. Truly an incredibly talented artist! 10/10!!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lusy · Married on 09/22/2018

We could not have asked for a better photographer, we were so lucky we chose Paul! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they were spectacular. Not only is his work brilliant, but he has a wonderful and very calm personality - exactly the kind of presence you want on your hectic big day. Cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Paul Harrison Photography 17
    Paul Harrison Photography 18

Nadine · Married on 08/10/2018

If I could give Paul more than five stars for value, I definitely would. Paul was fantastic from the first phone call until the delivery of our wedding photos! They are absolutely stunning. ??

Sent on 09/10/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/21/2018

Can not sing Paul’s praises enough! Wonderful to work with- before during and after our wedding! And don’t get me started on the photos- stunning!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Caitrin · Married on 05/26/2018

My husband and I found Paul via a random google search 14 months prior to our wedding. Within a few hours Paul had already made contact, and this began our 14 month working relationship. Paul worked with us on our engagement shoot, bridal portraits, rehearsal dinner, and our wedding. It is not everyday you find someone willing to stick around for a nearly 14 hour day! He is simply a delight to work with, professional, and has a wonderful eye behind the camera. His technique is superb and adapts to his unique clients and their tastes and visions for what they want in their photos. Paul listened and added his own insight. He works meticulously the day of and his post production is quick and is so stunning you will find yourself looking at your photos over and over. Paul, we can not thank you enough for the stunning memories you captured for us and for being with us every step of the way!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Becky · Married on 04/28/2018

Paul is amazing!!! He made our day so special with his beautiful photos! He is truely passionate about his work and you can tell in the quality of the photos. When we were together he was always looking for the best shot and never looked at his watch once. I have never felt more beautiful in photos. Thank you does not even begin to express the gratitude I feel for Paul’s work!

Sent on 07/24/2018
    Paul Harrison Photography 19

Richard · Married on 12/17/2017

Paul did an excellent job photographing our small wedding ceremony at Williamsburg Winery. He shot about 115 pictures over two hours, creating a nice mood with the lighting, as it was late afternoon and dusk during the photoshoot. He was patient and professional, and had lots of good ideas for more natural poses. The quality of the photos were outstanding, and we were very happy with his service. Afterward, he agreed to do a little photoshop work on some of the photos too. Thank you, Paul.

Sent on 12/25/2017

Meg · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely amazing talent. Paul is very easy to get along with, incredibly responsive to emails/texts/calls, and has a real eye for capturing a beautiful shot. He gave us a great deal with 3 photoshoots and we've had countless people tell us how fantastic our engagement photos are :) UPDATE: We just got our wedding photos back and WOW. Every single amazing moment of our wedding was beautifully captured and I'm amazed that he was able to get all the shots that he did - what a talented professional. These photos are gorgeous and I can't wait to share them all with family & friends. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Dan · Married on 10/07/2017

Paul is a true visionary! He has countless ideas and does a great job using the environment around him to do a thorough shoot! He recently shot our wedding this past Saturday October 7th at Cary Hill plantation in Charles City, Va. We utilized all the space we could and I have no doubt the results will be fantastic as they were for our engagement shoot this past May! He spent a lot of time with us in order to make sure he got every shot he needed and the entire process super easy for us. Most people don't enjoy photo shoots but we had a blast at the engagement shoot, our dinner the night before our wedding, and the day of! He is also very cultured and a great person to talk to about history and life in general! If you can get a shoot at Jamestown Island with I suggest you take advantage! It was incredible! He was very professional, thorough, and accommodating and I would absolutely hire him again! Thanks Paul! Love, Danny and Meg

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Kyna

Kyna · Married on 09/16/2017

I had a great experience using Paul Harrison Photography and would definitely recommend him. He is very professional and took the time to get to know what I was looking for from first contact and meeting up until the wedding. The quality of the photographs are amazing with a mixture of candid and posed. He offered a competitive price that was tailored toward my needs of the day. Lastly the turnaround for receiving the final products was super quick which is great when you are anxious to see the pictures.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Debbie · Married on 07/11/2017

Our family cannot say enough good things about Paul Harrison Photography! Paul is a talented photographer and his professionalism is unsurpassed. Our family has enjoyed working with Paul during my oldest daughter's wedding in August 2015, and most recently during another daughter's wedding June 2017. Paul photographed engagement sessions, bridal portrait sessions and the wedding day for both weddings. His work is creative, and he manages to capture each special moment and detail of the event. Paul always takes into account his clients expectations and special requests. In addition he is patient, flexible and dependable! Paul is always on time, and a person of integrity. His photography speaks for itself! I highly recommend Paul Harrison Photography! Debbie Lord, Williamsburg, VA.

Sent on 07/11/2017

paige · Married on 06/17/2017

Paul is easy to work with He provides comprehensive feedback and is able to capture the essence of your personality. He is efficient and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/08/2017

Paul was absolutely wonderful! When we first met him, we knew he was the photographer for us! My husband has a degree in photojournalism, and so we were looking for someone special to photograph our daughter's wedding. Paul is not just a photographer - he is an artist. He was able to not only capture special moments, but create memories as well!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Andrea · Married on 12/31/2016

Paul is amazing! Incredibly professional and flexible. We booked him for our New Year's Eve wedding for 9 hours and he captured our memories throughout the day and into the evening beautifully. We received many compliments. His photographs are as breathtaking indoors as they are outdoors. Paul has a way of capturing candid moments of not just the couple, but the people surrounding them, too. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Sheree · Married on 10/29/2016

Paul is very professional and so easy to work with. I had an incident where my makeup artist was running late for my bridal portraits. When she finally got to me she was over a hour late. I called Paul so upset, just embarrassed about the situation (he was already waiting at the site where the pictures were going to be taken at)- he was so understanding of the situation. When I got there he seemed to take away all of my stress away and helped me to relax to take the most gorgeous bridal pictures ever. The day of my wedding again another makeup artist I hired and paid was backed up in traffic across the bridge and wasn't even going to make it in time. Again I panicked and wanted to cry; Paul came out in the hallway and told me not to be upset and not to let it ruin the day- that the day was going to be just great. Paul truly cares about his customers and you can see and tell just how passionate he truly is about his profession. Everyone that was in our wedding party thought the world of him and everyone that has seen both the bridal portraits and the wedding photos were blown out of the water. I would highly without a doubt recommend anyone to hire Paul. It isn't often you run into a patient, good hearted and understanding photographer. He made my memories wonderful and I am truly thankful for him. Thank you so much Paul- you rock!

Sent on 11/14/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/02/2016

Paul was absolutely great to work with! He was so responsive and worked so hard to make sure we had exactly what we wanted and we loved our engagement and wedding photos! We would definitely recommend Paul!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I could not be more thrilled with Paul Harrison Photography. Paul is an amazing photographer and the perfect choice for our wedding. He was beyond accommodating with schedule requests for our engagement shoot and our wedding. He attended our wedding rehearsal to get the 'lay of the land' and I thought that was really above and beyond. I knew from our engagement pictures that the wedding pictures would also be great, and they were. He spent about 10 hours with us that day and captured some great formal shots as well as so many wonderful candid shots. Those are my favorites as I didn't get to see everyone at the reception and it's been so great to review the pictures and see folks. We would for sure use his services again if we ever needed a photographer. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Anna · Married on 09/10/2016

Paul Harrison was highly recommended by every wedding vendor we used. His photos speak for themselves. Paul is not only extremely talented and capable, he is professional and meticulous. He goes above and beyond to capture each moment beautifully. He is respectful of the venues he works with, and is timely and thoughtful. It was so nice to have a photographer we could completely trust to capture all of the special details of our wedding day. We really enjoyed working with him and cannot say enough good things about his services. We were told by many he was the best, and he still exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Lynn · Married on 06/04/2016

It took us over a year to find the right photographer for our wedding. We interviewed several before finding Paul Harrison Photography, quite by accident, online. Fortunately, Paul was available for our wedding in June 2106 with only 4 or 5 months notice.

Paul is very organized and captured the most beautiful moments of our wedding. He took the time with us to discuss each detail and really understood what we were looking for. The quality of photography is incredible and it was clear that Paul invested in professional equipment to enhance his work. Our wedding didn't begin until 3:00 p.m., but Paul arrived promptly at our home at 10:30 a.m. and continued to work until after 9:00 p.m. that evening. We are extremely lucky to have had Paul Harrison photography create these wonderful memories of our special day!!

Sent on 06/22/2016

This is your guy for weddings! I was planning our event from overseas & in looking for a photographer I had to do all of the research online which made me a bit nervous. I looked at the work from countless photographers & finally ran across Mr. Harrison online. We were getting married in Williamsburg & it appeared that he was very well acquainted with the area & knew all of the "good spots" for photography. In looking at his work it also appeared that he had the ability to shoot a good mix of formal poses along with fun, more laid back looks as well. This could not have been more accurate. From the time I made the call to inquire about availability & pricing I knew that he was the perfect photographer for our event. He was super excited to work with us and spent a significant amount of time on the phone accommodating my calls from overseas. From the beginning he made me feel like my event was on the very top of his priority list & I knew that he had a dedication to making sure that he created the perfect images for us. Mr. Harrison spent a great deal of time getting to know me & getting a feel for what my idea was for our wedding. As I only had a general idea of what I wanted he was able to step in and offer his suggestions based on experience and expertise which was greatly appreciated. When the actual photography begins, he does an amazing job at making you feel comfortable in front of the camera & "coaching" you through the process (for those who need it). He has an organized plan in his mind for the session so that you do not have to figure that out on your own (which I greatly appreciated), but he also makes sure that you know that at any point during the session you can let him know if there are additional shots/poses that you would like. He is very accomodating & flexible throughout the session. He is truly an elite level photographer with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the art of photography. I could go on & on, but am now out of room for typing......

Sent on 05/16/2016