Paul Douda Photography Reviews

Paul Douda Photography 1
  • Debbie

Debbie Groyer · Married on 09/22/2019

Paul was great!!

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Paul, who possessed a calm and engaging manner throughout the planning process and during the wedding. His presence was low-key, but he was committed to obtaining all the necessary photos. Paul was responsive to our needs and made us feel comfortable. We would recommend Paul without hesitation!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Stormie · Married on 04/14/2018

Paul was absolutely amazing and so flexible! My fiance had a vision and Paul was able to deliver! The day of our shoot, he learned that our original location wasn't going to work due to city imposed limitations. Paul quickly jumped to action and found another place that fit the bill. We just had to show up. We had so much fun during the shoot and were so thankful to have a photographer with such an artistic eye! We are beyond grateful for the positive experience and the most stunning pictures!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Lindsay · event on 11/25/2017

We booked Paul for our first family photos after he shot amazing photos of my sisters wedding and my brothers wedding! This was a huge family of 10 and he was beyond great. Because my siblings and I live far apart from each other, we were only together on one day and that was the Saturday after thanksgiving. Paul made it easy and convenient for us to book that exact day with a time and location of our choice! He arrived early to the location and secured the best spot for us since it was a popular photography destination. He made sure to get multiple creative shots of our individual families and worked great with my 2 kids (5 months and 4 years). We felt very comfortable and didn’t feel rushed. He got a preview of our pictures to us just a couple days after and the whole session just a week after that! Perfectly edited, amazing photos with some great candid shots mixed in. We will continue to use him for any professional photography in the future and I would highly recommend him

Sent on 12/10/2017

Christine · Married on 11/14/2017

Paul is a wonderful photographer! He accommodated our last minute wedding and was professional & patient throughout the day. He replied quickly to our many questions/emails. His photos are beautiful and creative. I would recommend Paul to everyone!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Lucy · Married on 04/29/2017

Paul is a really professional and talented photographer.
    He has a natural ability to stay relaxed and patient (even with two toddlers) and as a result he is able to capture really wonderful moments. The quality of his photographs is amazing, always very sharp and bright. We have been very happy with all of our sessions with Paul and highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/09/2017

Susana · Married on 04/22/2017

Paul Douda photography was an excellent choice. We had amazing time shooting our pictures at our wedding in San Diego. He's professional, on time, creative and talented. Having someone understand the value of detail was key for me, and he went the extra mile. We are both pleased with all the pictures and his packages are reasonably well priced compared to others.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Vanessa · Married on 01/26/2017

Paul Douda is an amazing photographer with great skills he will get down on a child's pose to make that pic picture perfect. He has a great sense of humor and fashion style when it comes to posing. I will recommend to any future bride and groom that want there wedding to be a memorable one no matter how small or big in court or in church. Thank you Paul Douda!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Carmel · Married on 12/27/2016

I am a wedding Coordinator who has worked many years with many photographers. When our son was getting married Paul Douda was the first person I wanted to photograph my son and daughter in laws wedding. His eye for the perfect shot is amazing. He has done numerous weddings for me and I recommended him to
    all my bride and grooms. All of them have been over the moon happy with the end result. Paul makes anything you want happen. He goes with the flow. He's such a amazing person who I have loved working with for all these years. We have become like family and I'm so grateful for his talent which has given us a life time of memories. One word to describe Paul Douda Photography PRICELESS. He's worth every penny. Book him today before you miss out on your perfect pictures. Thank you for creating such a beautiful life time of wedding pictures to last a life time. Xoxo

Sent on 12/12/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a thoughtful review Carmel! It is always such a pleasure being a little part of your family! Lots of love until the next one :) xoxo

Danielle · Married on 12/01/2016

Paul took our family photos this year and we'll definitely want to work with him again. The turn around time was quick and he got a lot of good photos in a short amount of time, which was great since we have a toddler. I'll refer him to family and friends.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you Danielle! I look forward to working with you again in the future! Can't wait to meet the new little one coming soon! :)

Angelique · Married on 11/27/2016

Paul is extremely talented and captured the spirit of our family both seamlessly and quickly! We LOVE our photos and will cherish them for years to come.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you Angelique!! We can't wait to work with you guys again!

Grecia · Married on 11/07/2016

I can’t say enough about Paul and his talented eye as a photographer. He truly is an artist. He perfectly captured our big day and we had a blast doing our shoot. One of the best pieces of advice I received was- pick a photographer you feel comfortable with and want to spend your wedding day with, because they are there every step of the way. For that reason, I am so glad we found Paul. From the moment we met him, it was as if we were old friends. His calming presence and sense of humor on our wedding day put my husband and I at ease. He knew exactly the shots to get and captured the love and joy of our big day so beautifully. The album Paul put together for us is unlike any I’ve seen. It is truly a work of art that we love to share with our family and friends. Paul Photography is well worth the investment! I highly recommended one of the best photographer in San Diego Paul Douda Photography | San Diego Wedding Photographer

Sent on 01/26/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/27/2016

Paul is absolutely fantastic! He worked on my brothers engagement and wedding last year and came highly recommended by both him and his wife. From the moment that Paul and I came in contact he was highly professional and wonderfully personable. He remembered my husband and I from my brothers wedding and instantly became more excited to be able to work with our family again. From the moment he showed up on the day of the wedding he was excited and had so many visions for what he wanted to capture for us on our special day, that it made my husband and I more excited to see what our day had in store for us. From the beginning to the end of the night Paul was energenic and captured every moment perfectly for us. He never rushed and always stopped to make sure we were getting everything that we wanted. When we received our pictures after Paul was finished, we were besides ourselves, they were absolutely stunning!! Paul is exceptional at what he does and the personal relationships he developes with his clients shows in his work. He will definitely be apart of our next moment to be captured!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for such a touching review Jennifer! I had such a wonderful time with you and Trevor and look forward to working with you both for years to come!

aksel · Married on 10/11/2015

Anyone can take pictures and sell them to you; that's called a purchasing a service. Now if you want a more personal experience that will exceed your expectations, look no further. Two words: professional and remarkable. Paul has a great eye for scenery/lighting. Paul Douda Photography shot my wedding; simply perfect. I would highly recommend Paul Douda Photography.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Nicole · Married on 09/06/2015

Picking a wedding photographer can be stressful. You want someone who can capture the magic so that you can re-live one of the most special moments in your life. Paul did that and more! He took our engagement photos, wedding and most recently our family shoot with our newest edition. He he has seen our relationship and family blossom and has captured priceless images! Paul is very professional, he takes the time to plan and scout locations. He is an artist with a vision and I am so thankful I found him to take our wedding photos and life moments.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Veronica · Married on 07/01/2015

Paul is the absolute best! He did the photos for our courthouse ceremony and they are absolutely gorgeous. His enthusiasm makes it clear that he loves what he does and is passionate about providing beautiful pictures for all of his clients. I would not hesitate to refer Paul to anyone searching for a photographer, whether it be for your wedding, family, or maternity photos. Thank you for capturing our memories, Paul!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Vicky · Married on 11/16/2013

Several of my friend's have used Paul for their weddings and various family photo shoots and the quality of his work is always stunning, so I knew I was in good hands with him with our holiday family photos. His work is unique, modern and magazine quality. I've seen him at many weddings and he is always working his booty off and the results show. He's also super nice and easy to work with to boot. Can't ask for more than that in a photographer! I would recommend him any day for any occasion.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

You guys are awesome Vicky! Bella is lucky to have such fun parents! Can't wait to work with you guys again soon <3

Working with Paul for our Engagement Session as well as our Wedding was the best experience with a photographer. He was able to capture those special moments while being creative with the surroundings bringing together a look and feel that is unique and memorable. Paul is a true artist when it comes to his vision of how a picture can say a thousand words just by brining together multiple elements to capture a moment with a couple that is amazing. We are forever grateful to Paul for making our day extra special and for creating lasting memories we can cherish for years to come. We highly recommend Paul Douda Photography to anyone that is looking for a personable touch and amazing one of a kind photos

Sent on 10/22/2013

Melissa · Married on 07/06/2013

Paul was the perfect photographer for my wedding! We loved working with him before the event - he came to the venue for a visit and asked lots of questions to get to the heart of what we really wanted out of our photography experience. On our big day, he was confident and calm, which was contagious (and something I definitely needed!).

Our wedding photos were more beautiful than I could have imagined, and Paul captured the moments I want to relive again and again, like our "first look," dances with special people and the sunset moment where he got my husband and I to sneak away from the crowd. We liked working with Paul for our wedding so much that we recently invited him to shoot family photos with our new baby.

I wholeheartedly recommend Paul Douda Photography.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

It is always such a pleasure working with you and Jason, Melissa! Now with the new little one, I am honored to be your go to photographer! Can't wait to work with you guys again!

Amy · Married on 03/21/2013

We love our pictures from Paul. He had lots of advice and tons of suggestions about what type of pictures we could do, but really took our personalities and visions in to account. We had a good mix of traditional portraits and candid pictures. We did both an engagement session and wedding pictures.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you Amy, it was a pleasure to work with you and Royce! I loved how you brought your personalities into those moments, and we were able to capture you both in your photos. Your planning was fantastic, and your ease with the day was wonderful. Thank you again for allowing me to be your photographer : )

alli · Married on 09/10/2011

Paul provided excellent wedding photography. He is very hard working, responds promptly and was very enjoyable to work with throughout the wedding process. While some of my ideas were quite far reaching, Paul worked with me to make my visions a reality. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family, friends and any engaged couples I encounter in the future.

Sent on 10/18/2011

jamie · Married on 01/15/2011

Loved, Loved, Loved, working with Paul and Crystal! We actually hired Paul to do our vow renewal. My first photographer for our original wedding was horrible. I paid a ton of money to get crapy pictures :( Paul went above and beyond with awesome photos and he was so down to earth to work with. I would definitely hire him again! If you want a stress free wedding with great pictures to capture your story, He is the one. I Loved every single one of my photos!!! Wish I could do it all again :)

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Paul Douda Photography 2
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/11/2010

Paul Douda is an amazing photographer, has such a passion for capturing the most precious candid moments and is uber talented at editing/detailing photographs. He is super laid-back, intelligent, and has a fun-loving personality making it effortless and natural to work with him behind the camera! My husband and I hired him for our engagement, wedding, and recently our family photographs. We worked with him originally in April 2010 for our engagement session and he was exceptional and delivered exactly what we wanted. Our wedding was a Seaside wedding in October 2010 and he captivated each moment candidly, with an editorial style we hoped for. I LOVED the photographs!!! Four years later, he is still our photographer...recently (March 2014) he took our family photo session and we are so excited to see the end results! He offers a 'still in love' session that we are planning for this summer!!! He has such an amazingly talented eye for capturing THE perfect elements on camera...meet him today for your next event!!! Happy photo shopping<3

Sent on 04/02/2014

Shannon · Married on 09/04/2009

Paul has been our photographer since 2009. He performed our engagement photo session, our wedding photography and our “Still In Love” session for our two year wedding anniversary. He was by far the easiest vendor I worked with while dealing with the stressful wedding planning. He is reliable, affordable and puts out amazing work! Paul has an infectious personality and is such a pleasure to work with. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera that my husband and I looked like professional models. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a stress free, easy going and fun experience.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2011

We used Paul back in 2011 for our engagement session.. And still very much cherish the photos and moments he captured. He got to know us and his photos really caught the essence of our relationship. He was flexible with where we shot, and had some good ideas that we hadn't thought of. He kept the conversation and the ideas/ variety of posing flowing the whole session. We opted to just have the photos given to us on a disk- they came in a decent amount of time, and were packaged really nicely. Needless to say, we loved Paul so much, we kept in touch and he has taken additional photos of our growing family: maternity sessions and ones with our son. We love the relationship that has been built and will continue to work with him in the future. I 150% recommend him!

Sent on 06/29/2016

kate · Married on 11/04/2016

Paul is great to work with. Booking him was quick and easy. He's great with kids and capturing your family 'in the moment' We've used Paul several times for our family photos and are extremely happy with all his images. We have referred him to several friends who also love him. He is super talented and creative!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Paul Douda Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a lovely review! I genuinely light up every time I hear from you guys! Thank you for thinking of me again this year Kate! I look forward to continue working with you guys!