Patricia Slater - Weddings by the Sea Reviews

19 | Sanibel, FL

19 Reviews for Patricia Slater - Weddings by the Sea

Erin Daniel · Married on 07/13/2020

Wedding on the beach

Patricia was absolutely a delight to work with, she made everything quick, and easy. I even forgot my flowers and she just so happened to have a back up! Absolutely recommend Patricia and Frank who does the photography if you want photos. Absolutely a spectacular experience! Thank you Pat and Frank!

Sent on 07/17/2020
  • Sonji

Sonji · Married on 06/05/2020

Perfect Ceremony

Exactly how we imagined and more!

Sent on 06/14/2020
  • Ruth

Ruth Thigpen-Godbold · Married on 07/25/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Ruth and I would like to thank you for the beautiful ceremony you did in uniting us together as one.
    All the pictures and the backdrops were outstanding!
    Our reservation at Thistle Lodge went very smoothly and the food was fantastic!
    Sharing your life experiences with your husband over fifty years on the island made our reunion even more special.
    The best to you and once again,
    THANKS and GOD BLESS.
    Kenny and Ruth

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Lynn

Lynn Hoffman · Married on 06/24/2019

Heartfelt and Amazing Sunset Wedding on Captiva

Thank you so much Patricia for helping us plan an amazing Sunset Wedding on the beach June 24, 2019. You handled every detail exceptionally and were extremely professional. The ceremony you performed was so touching and heartfelt. There were many tears of joy. Frank Simonetti did a great job photographing the wedding as well. I would highly recommend you as a wedding planner and officiant. You could not have made it more perfect and we were so fortunate to have the most amazing sunset.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Jackie

Jackie Brown · Married on 01/23/2019

Great wedding officiant = terrific wedding, less stress and happy newlyweds!

Dan and I hired Rev. Patricia and are so happy to have had her involved with our special evening. She was very professional, stayed in contact leading up to our date and filed our paperwork in a timely fashion.
    Ceremony was perfect.
    Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/13/2019

Harry · Married on 10/23/2017

First wedding for us so we didn't know what to expect or do. Patricia walked us through the steps and took care of everything we needed.
    Communication and professionalism is top notch.
    We were very happy with Patricia being our officiant and wedding planner.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Nancy · Married on 05/26/2017

I am a very busy midlife professional. My fiance and I wanted to "elope" to Sanibel Island but were unsure how we could pull it off with our time and distance constraints. I found Pat on the internet and she made our dream possible. Pat took care of every detail. She is gracious and professional. Every aspect of the wedding was perfect and exactly as we wanted. I highly recommend Pat's services.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/18/2015

We LOVE Patricia!

She was not only an amazing officiant, but she went above and beyond for us, from making reservations for us to emailing direction lists and so on. We booked Patricia last minute, and she was more than willing to jump right into whatever we needed from her. Her loving personality is one of a kind and would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for a meaningful ceremony. We cannot thank you enough, Patricia.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Patricia Slater - Weddings by the Sea's reply:

Hi Lindsey.......Thanks for your lovely comments. I am so pleased that you and Jared were happy. I really enjoyed being part of your special wedding ceremony.
    I wish you many years of true happiness. Warm Regards, Patricia
  • User3612031 · 2+ years ago

We spoke with several officiants until we finally found the perfect one for us in Patricia. When we met her we just knew that she would be committed to making our ceremony exactly like we wanted it. We were looking for somebody who would be spiritual but not focus on religion. Many of the officiants we spoke with said they were fine with that, but we just got a feeling that it wasn’t comfortable for them. Patricia didn’t hesitate when we spoke about this and gave us some ideas of how she has done other ceremonies to help us design exactly what we were looking for. On the day of the wedding, she was an extremely calming presence, completely focused of making the ceremony great, and genuinely happy for us. She wasn’t just going through the motions. She recited the ceremony in a way that was as if she had known us for years and helped guide us through the event with a smile on her face the whole time. I highly recommend Patricia for anybody who is getting married but strongly recommend her for couples like us that did a destination wedding. We didn’t have a lot of time to spend with her but her personality made it all very special and sincere.

Sent on 06/06/2015

Pat was great. Our beach wedding turned into an inside wedding thanks to the rain but Pat still made a beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 04/13/2014

C.J. · Married on 11/12/2013

Patricia was a wonderful part of our Sanibel Island destination wedding this past November. She was able to do our marriage license by mail since we live in Michigan & everything was so much easier! We also hired her to perform our rehearshal dinner the evening before & she made everyone comfortable & confident in how the ceremony was going to go. She also included readings from the bible (we are Catholic) which made it feel a little more like home =]

Sent on 12/21/2013

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2013

I hired Patricia for my intimate morning wedding on 10.13.14. She was wonderful in the communication process and made sure the ceremony was exactly how I wanted it. She will custom your vows to fit your needs and wants and she did so with my wedding beautifully. My husband and I wanted to put an "in memory of" section in our ceremony without it being too melancholy and Patricia added it into the ceremony wonderfully. I couldn't be happier with the way the ceremony went and how Patricia added to our day!

Sent on 10/27/2013

kimberly · Married on 08/08/2012

Patricia was amazing! She performed such a beautiful ceremony. I planned iur weddinh from Illinois and she was very helpful, we included different parts in our ceremony and she made it all tie together! It was very heartfelt!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Tarreemha · Married on 06/08/2012

My husband and I eloped 10years ago. So I planned a surprise destination wedding for our 10th wedding anniversary. There are not enough words for what Patricia has done for us. I was on a budget and she made it WORK(I had the wedding of my dreams and it could of easily cost me WAY MORE than I paid but it didn't). She made my wedding so SPECIAL and SO BEAUTIFUL. Patricia found a place to take beautiful pictures, a place to hold the ceremony.She did all of this without ever meeting me in person and I had to completely put it in her hands and she did NOT DISAPPOINT! Patricia I thank both you and Tonya of Satilla River Creations for making my day a moment to REMEMBER and NEVER FORGET. I also thankyou for making me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world during my moment. If you are looking for reasonably priced and EXCEPTIONAL work then you have found the RIGHT person. Patricia will make your day one to REMEMBER till the end of time. She welcomed us and gave us a guide of the area so that we could get a real feel for the place. You can't do any better than Patricia Slater and her services if you ask me.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Erin · Married on 05/31/2012

We planned our wedding from Kansas, never having been to Sanibel Island before. It couldn't have been possible or nearly as perfect without Patricia. She thinks of everything! We can truly say it was the wedding of our dreams. We got married at sunset on the beach. Patricia arranged the perfect hotel for us, our family and guests. She arranged to have a cellist play during our ceremony on the beach. She arranged for the flowers, the place to have our wedding clothes pressed, she had our wedding cake delivered to the restaurant where we were to have our reception dinner. She truly thought of everything. She was incredibly kind and responsive, always getting back to us regarding our questions. She made us feel so at ease about the process. She took care of everything so we were able to relax and enjoy our wedding and time in Sanibel. The cost of hiring her as our wedding planner was so minimal compared to the service she provided. She could charge more than twice what she does and it would be worth it. She truly addressed our every need and concern, even arranging for a "beach wheel chair" to be waiting at the hotel for my father. It was truly a perfect wedding and we couldn't be happier. The ceremony that she provides is so meaningful and unique, my family couldn't get over how special and significant she made it.

Sent on 06/12/2012
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/26/2011

Pat did an amazing job with our wedding. Our reception venue was perfect and we would never have even known about it without her suggestion. She advised us on whom to go to for everything (and would have done more if I had just ceded control!). She oversaw every detail from start to finish. The week of the wedding, she stayed in touch with all the vendors and made sure everything was exactly how it was supposed to be, ensuring that the dj had the music we requested; confirming when flowers would be delivered (and in the right number), etc. – saving us both headaches and money. It was such a relief on the big day to know that she had it all covered and would make sure the church and reception looked the way I wanted, without my having to think about it at all. Moreover, she is such a kind, lovely person that it was really easy to work with her. It felt like she was as much a friend helping me through everything as a wedding planner.

Sent on 12/02/2011

Shawn · Married on 11/11/2011

Patricia is absolutely a class act! She is very helpful and kindly offers suggestions. She is absolutely amazing to work with. She not only planned our wedding but it so easy to obtain the wedding license since we are in Michigan but were getting married on Captiva. She counseled us along the way and made us feel like we were her only clients though I know she is extremely busy. You are making a mistake if you don't use Patricia's services and are getting married in the Southwest Florida area!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Lisa · Married on 05/01/2011

Pat was a huge part of the success of our Sanibel Island beach wedding! She was wonderful to work with and so incredibly supportive, flexible and helpful. Her original ceremony was her own written creation but also customizable, and was absolutely beautiful! Pat organized our Florida Marriage License, hotel stay, wedding and dinner venue as well as the fantastic hair/makeup stylist and top-notch photographer and even our wedding cake and champagne toast on the beach! We planned this wedding site-unseen, and Pat was simply amazing!!

Sent on 05/06/2011

Lauren · Married on 08/01/2016

Patricia was my life saver for my wedding. We planned our Destination Wedding on Sanibel Island all the way from Cincinnati, OH and would not have been able to do it without her. She kept us on a time line, made sure we had all our needed documents in order, and saw to it we had every little odd & end that was needed for our special day lined up. She even allowed me to mail items to her house so that we wouldn't have to transport them all the way to FL. There's no way we could have had our dream wedding without her help!

Sent on 08/23/2016