Patina Bridal and Formal Wear Reviews

18 | Roanoke, VA

18 Reviews for Patina Bridal and Formal Wear

My experience finding my wedding dress here was amazing. In high school, I always went there to get my prom dresses so I knew they would be the perfect location to get my wedding dress. Upon arrival, I was assigned an employee that asked me questions about what dresses I was interested in and then helped me find my dress from there. My dress was the 2nd one I tried on thanks to her attentiveness to what I wanted! She was extremely helpful. Later that day, I had another dress appointment in the area and their service was no where near as great as Patina's. Later that day, I called and asked if I could come try on my dress one more time to make sure it was the one and they were extremely flexible and let me come in right before they closed. They had a huge selection and you can tell they are so happy to have your business! Will definitely be going to get my bridesmaid dresses there as well!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Kelsey,
    Thank you for choosing to shop at Patina! We had a blast helping you find YOUR perfect bridal gown!

JoBeth · Married on 10/11/2014

Michele at Patina (as well as everyone else there) was so easy to work with! She listened to what I was looking for and the price range I was looking for... I was worried I wouldn't have that teary eyed moment, but the cathedral veil she recommended for my dress pulled out the water works! I couldn't have asked for anything better! The best part, they have great prices!!!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Madylon · Married on 07/29/2014

My wedding is going to be in Canada since that is where my fiancee and I will be living. So since I am moving and will be doing a lot of wedding planning over the internet with my family this was my last chance to try on dresses with my Mother, Younger sister, Aunt and Maid of Honor.
    From the minute I walked into the door I felt important and that I mattered to the staff. I wasn't just "another appointment" for the day. Every hoop I had my consultant Michele jumped through. They were kind an enthusiastic and I genuinely felt that they were just as excited about my moment and my wedding as I was. There is a very small selection of places where you can shop for wedding dresses here in Roanoke, and based off of my experiences in the one other well known bridal salon in Roanoke, there is no other place I would recommend to someone other than Patina's. They go above and beyond to take care of you and have your best interest in mind.
    They have a big selection of different styles and I found my wedding dress there. It's gorgeous and it made my Mother cry!
    Thank you Patina's! You guys are SO amazing!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Madylon, Thank you for your review! It was our pleasure to assist you with your wedding gown. Both you and your mom were so sweet to work with! We are so glad to hear about your great experience with our consultant, Michele. We pride ourselves on always giving the best customer service! Have a wonderful wedding! All the best!

RoxAnne · Married on 05/03/2014

Patina's at Keagy Village in Roaonke Virginia was GREAT! Our sales person, Michele was FABULOUS! I would highly reccommend that anyone patronize this shop! Better service, quality, attention to detal and overall atmosphere than the Amreihns in town!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

RoxAnne, Thank you so much for writing us such a sweet review. It was so much fun working with you and your daughter, Madylon, to find her perfect gown! We hope you are doing well and we can't wait to see wedding pictures!

Helen · Married on 10/06/2013

Great place! Purchased my bridesmaid dresses here. They were very helpful and prices were cheaper here than two other places.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Joanna · Married on 09/14/2013

My experience at Patina was perfect! After being ignored during an "appointment" at David's Bridal and then fussed over at a small town boutique; Patina was the exact atmosphere I was looking for. They were helpful but did not try to control the appointment and they were super friendly. I also think they have the best selection of gowns around if you're looking for a truly spectacular designer gown.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Joanna, Thank you for your very nice review! It was such a pleasure working with you to find your Allure Bridal wedding gown! You were such a sweetheart to work with and wish you all the best for your marriage!

Stacy · Married on 07/21/2012

I absolutley adore the staff at Patina. They were incredibly supportive through the entire dress buying and fitting process. They know their dresses and they know how to fit dresses as well as being very personable. You immediately feel welcomed and valued when you step through the doors. I have recommended my consultant, Michele and the entire staff at Patina for any formal attire needs.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Stacy, Thank you for thinking of us and writing us a review! We always appreciate hearing such great feedback. It was really wonderful helping you find your wedding gown and we wish you and your husband all the best!

Risa · Married on 04/21/2018

I was looking for a non-traditional wedding dress and Patina was the place where I found it. I had started at another, national chain who shall remain nameless. Between the pressure to buy a "wedding dress" and the frequent cowbell ringing business, and the fact that there were dozens of people in there, it was very refreshing to come to Patina's. I came first with my mom, who helped me pick out two amazing dresses, and then a week or two later with my MOH for final decision making. I had the same wonderful woman help me each time, and she remembered my name and what I was looking at immediately, and she was also very supporting of the whole navy blue wedding dress thing. I picked out a dress sold as a bridesmaid dress, but it had beautiful lace all over and even though it was navy, it looked bridal. I got tons of compliments, and still hear nice things about my photos in it. No one has been confused about it being my 'wedding' dress, even though it's blue. The dress and the service at Patina's were both wonderful and I cannot recommend them highly enough for the low key brides who don't need the spectacle.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Valery · Married on 10/04/2013

My dream dress was found here, they allowed me to purchase floor sample for an amazing discount. Lovely to work with.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Valery, Thank you for writing us a review! We are so happy we could help you find your dream dress in our store. All the best for you and your husband!

Alaina · Married on 09/28/2013

Their staff was helpful when I came to try on dresses. My order came in correctly, and several weeks ahead of schedule.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Alaina, Thank you for your review! We always love hearing from our customers! We are so glad you had such a great experience here. We always pride ourselves on providing the exceptional customer service!

Laurian · Married on 07/15/2006

I went to a couple stores in the area to try and find my wedding dress. I even had some cut outs of ones that I liked. However, whenever I went to actually try on the dress, it just didn't look right. I went to Patina's and I was trying on a dress, when one of the assistants came over and said, "Honey, I know just the dress for you." I was a bit skeptical, but then a few minutes later the assistant came over with this big cupcake dress. I was still a bit skeptical. Anyway, I put it on, and I looked in the mirror, and it was the right dress. I never would have picked it out otherwise. After that they were very good about helping me get everything else I needed- a speical order viel, low and wide satin heels, and alterations. I was very happy.

Sent on 03/27/2007

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Laurian, Thank you so very much for your review! We are so happy we were able to pull the perfect dress for you! We love it when that happens. We always like to understand your wants and needs in the dress you are looking for, and then we are determined to find that dress for you! We hope you had a wonderful wedding and wish you and your husband a wonderful marriage!

Kelsey · Married on 04/25/2015

Found the perfect bridal gown here! The girls are great to work with!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/04/2014

3.0

Patina was my last stop when searching for my dress. I shopped at David's Bridal and Amrhein's prior to Patina, and found a few nice options but not... dun dun dun... "the one". I arrived at Patina and immediately saw 4-5 dresses that were a complete toss-up. They were all amazing! After visiting the store a couple more times with various guests, I finally landed on a beautiful Allure gown. It was everything I was looking for and I absolutely loved it (and so did everyone else)! Everyone at Patina was very helpful and made the process very easy and worry-free. The dress was ordered according to schedule and it arrived on time!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Betsy · Married on 07/11/2015

1.0

I don't even want to give this place a 1 star. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do not recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Betsy,
    We are sorry for you dissatisfaction. We strive to please our customers and get 100% satisfaction. Is there anything in particular that you didn't like? We like to have your input, so that we can make changes. Again we apologize for your dissatisfaction.

0.6
      0.5

Five weeks before my wedding, there was a issue with the manufacturer for a dress I ordered for my wedding; The owner was hateful and refused to contact the manufacturer to see if the conflict could be resolved. This business had received full payment for everything (over $2000), and since they got their money, they didn't care. The owner looked me in the eye and said "I don't have to help you".

Sent on 05/02/2014

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

Hi Ashleigh, I am sorry you feel the way you do about your experience at Patina. We did everything in our power to make the situation right. We feel that the matter was resolved. All the best for your wedding. Thank you.

0.6

Wedding: [Private]
    Services Used: Dress & Attire

Sent on 05/02/2014

Susan · Married on 07/25/2015

0.4
      0.5

I had a horrible experience with this company. I would not recommend shopping at Patina ESPECIALLY for a wedding. They ordered a dress for me that was 3 to 4 sizes too big. Keep in mind that they measured me and told me what size I would need. It is very convenient that they also do not offer any alterations. I paid them $200 for a dress and then had to pay an additional $70 for rush alterations. I asked they they help with the alteration costs or give me a partial refund on the dress and they refused. Then they said that per myself I requested that dress size. What a dishonest company.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Patina Bridal and Formal Wear's reply:

We are sorry for you dissatisfaction. We strive to please our customers and get 100% satisfaction. When it comes to measuring for a dress we go by the customer’s measurements and the designer’s size chart. Unfortunately these sizes are not custom to the customer, so we match you up the best we can according to the fit of the dress. As you stated this was “per” your decision, we do this so that the customer has the final say of the size they want ordered no matter our recommendation. We don’t do any kind of alterations at our store, as we choose to only sell Bridal and Formal gowns. Again we apologize for the inconvenience and dissatisfaction.

Chelsea · Married on 08/02/2014

0.4
      0.5

I recently ordered my bridesmaid dresses from Patina-Greensboro and let's just say it was a disaster. Long story short I received my dresses 5 days before my wedding, two weeks after the promised date of delivery. No bride or bridal party should ever have to go through an experience like we had, it was awful and unprofessional.

Sent on 10/20/2016