Pastor John Fuchigami Reviews

View more information

1 User photo

Vincent Married on 05/23/2019

THE Choice Officiant

It was Pastor John Fuchigami who we chose as the officiant of our wedding last year. i have waited a year to write this in order to make sure my response is not embellished by the emotional altitudes stemming from a story book matrimonial experience. This is my virgin online review and I send it as a testament to the excellence, compassion, and reverence he brings to wedding services. Pastor John Fuchigami is able to connect well with you in understanding the manner of service that you desire for your wedding experience and then will exceed your expectations in his delivery of it. Whether it is a service religiously traditional, culturally Hawaiian, or a service style of your choosing, Pastor John Fuchigami is THE wedding officiant i recommend to complement your vision of a perfect wedding. . . .a quick example, we wanted Ed Sheeran's Perfect as a processional played on guitar upon reading that Pastor Fuchigami plays instruments. We were so pleased that he agreed to do that even though he stated he could only pull that song off with a ukulele. He then emailed me back days later stating that he had begun practicing the song with a guitar for us and that he thought it should be played by guitar so he learned it and played it beautifully at our ceremony. Who DOES that?! Only a person who is dedicated to making your wedding as a fulfilment of your pleasant dreams. Pastor Fuchigami, after a year, you remain a special part of our wedding reflection. Thank you.
    Lynn Married on 03/24/2018
    We got John through our wedding planner and couldn’t be more pleased. He performed such a great ceremony even through the rain drops that blessed our day ! He made us feel so special and I will always remember this special pastor ! Thank you!!
    Aidan Married on 06/15/2016
    Highly recommend! My wife and i just eloped in oahu (sunset beach) this week and we chose John to officiate. We had no wedding planner and neither of us had been to hawaii before. John was of great help, sharing information and advice via email. The day of the wedding john arrived early, prepared and even helped with the bridal entrance music. John lets you individually customise your ceremony, we chose a non-religious ceremony, with a traditional hawaiin touch ( john wore a hawaain shawl, said a hawaiin prayer and blew the conch shell). You can tell John genuinely loves his job as an officiant, he was passionate, excited and ever so helpfull and contributed to making it the greatest day of our lives.
    Stefanie Married on 03/12/2016
    Pastor Jobn was awesome!! He made us feel so comfortable and couldn't have asked for a better officiant.
    Rianna Married on 04/21/2015
    We hired John as our celebrant after recommendation by our wedding coordinator and we are so, so happy with everything about him.
    We requested a non-religious, casual ceremony with Hawaiian tradition thrown in (we are from Australia)
    John spoke so well, we wore his Aloha attire and he blew the Conch shell as we kissed.
    We had a videographer capture our ceremony and looking back we could no have found a more fitting celebrant to marry us in Hawaii.
    Highly recommend John for any type of wedding!
    Kawai Married on 07/19/2014
    Pastor John was our officiant. We found him through our wedding coordinator. We had a phone conference, and we decided to go with him. He is detailed and organized. He made us feel very comfortable, and tailored our ceremony to our requests. (My husband isn't the most comfortable with public speaking) lol. He was warm and genuine, and we are really happy that we chose him. I would recommend him to everyone.
    Betty Married on 03/02/2013
    My husband and I were so pleased that we chose Pastor John Fuchigami to conduct our wedding ceremony. He came as one of the pastors recommended by my wedding coordinator. And after watching some of his videos online, we decided to go with him. However I must say...that the videos online do not do him any justice. He is much much better in real life.

I had a destination wedding in hawaii and only got to meet Pastor John 1 week before the wedding. During the meeting, he went thru the ceremony schedule, where we would need to stand, asked what additional we would like to incorporate or exclude, etc. He was very flexible and attentive and answered all of my questions. One thing I did find odd at the moment was that he didn't tell me the exact prayer that he would be reciting for the ceremony. He then mentioned that this was intentional as too many details may ruin the moment the day of. And by golly he was right! Listening to the prayers and verses for the first time during the ceremony really made it seem like I had never had the initial meeting. Our guests commented how the ceremony felt so intimate and warm and I know it will be a memory we will never forget. Highly recommend him!