46 Reviews for Passion For Make-Up

Maribel did such a great job for both the trial and day-of hair for make-up, and Tina's job with my hair really stood up to all the abuse that it took while dancing and running around during the reception! I have a crazy busy schedule, so they were both able to accommodate the trial date. Even the test run turned a lot of heads! The day of the wedding, they both arrived right on time, and were able to squeeze in some last-minute bridesmaid hair appointments. Despite the last-minute changes, everyone they worked on did a great job! I would use them again for anything requiring a professional touch!

Profile Picture User4721174, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tina came to my home to apply make up and style hair for myself (mother of the bride) and my sister-in-law. We were extremely satisfied with Tina's work product. She arrived early, which we truly appreciated, and she was very, very professional. She is neat, organized, and she has the best make up, and her hair techniques are awesome. You will be extremely satisfied with Tina's work product. She also does manicures/pedicures.

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/13/14, 5 Reviews
4.2

Her coworker and her were great! We all looked great on my special day!

Profile Picture User4529884, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel is so great to work with! She drove so much out of her way to do my makeup for my wedding day. The makeup stayed all day and night even though it was so hot and sweaty the day of the wedding. She is a pro and knows all the tricks of hair and makeup! Hire her! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Amelia , 8/16/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and team were fantastic for my makeup and hair! From the initial contact to the wedding day, Maribel was nothing less than professional and responsive. I appreciated that so much! My makeup was outstanding - she did a great job understanding what I wanted and turning it into a reality. The trial run for makeup was easy and she took pictures/made notes to remember what we had decided on. In addition, she was great with my bridesmaids and my mom (who she hadn't met before the wedding day and had to make decisions on the fly for them). Would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Erin, 7/26/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and her team were very timely, professional, and easy going and smiles all around despite an early morning start for our bridal party of 8 and cramped quarters. We definitely had a lot of fun conversations with them as they put us at ease for the crazy schedule we call a wedding. You can see that they are true artists and are very passionate about their work to get everything just right. Most importantly though, they want you to feel comfortable and happy in your skin/hair. Most of my bridesmaids were afraid to have too much makeup on their face, as they and I, usually go barefaced. Nothing was overly done, all of their natural beauty was enhanced and everyone was glowing from their makeover. Maribel and her team will go up and beyond to give you want you want in a look and are always open to suggestions for changes as needed to suit the clients' needs/desires. Maribel and her team's attitude definitely made a difference to starting out the day right, with happy faces and without any complaints. In the end, everyone looked natural and beautiful. I felt beautiful and glowing and ready to start one of the most important days of my life! I loved how my makeup and hairdo turned out and it was able to keep up the whole day, even in the heat! Our whole party received many compliments on both our make up an hair. Most importantly, everyone felt beautiful with the pampering of Maribel and her team which makes a huge difference. I would definitely recommend her to anyone out there who needs exceptional services!

Profile Picture Mabel, 6/21/14, 1 Review
4.1

Make up was amazing, but I wouldn't recommend for hair.

Profile Picture User4273631, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel was fantastic! She did the make up for my wedding party and me for my wedding day. She was able to take the inspirations from photos and ideas and really make them translate well into the overall look of the wedding and to what fit each lady. She was early and took her time to set up and talk to everyone to see what we were looking for. Her best quality, aside from her ability to do make up of course, is how responsive she is! You will never wonder what is going on because she will respond to you quickly and keep you in the loop. Finally it was just such a joy to have her in the suite with us, I felt like she was just one of us joking around in English AND Spanish! Overall a pleasure.

Profile Picture Linda, 5/17/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Service from Passion For Makeup was wonderful. I had a great trial makeup session with the team, both of which did a fabulous job on my hair and makeup. Day of for my wedding turned out even better. They were both extremely friendly, responsiveness, and professional. Competitive pricing and willing to travel within the area! Great experience.

Profile Picture User4076078, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and her mom were wonderful to work with! I am so grateful to have found them. They did my makeup and hair for my wedding, and the makeup and hair for my mother-in-law as well. I was so pleased with Maribel's makeup and received many compliments. I usually don't wear much makeup at all, so I didn't want to wear too much on my wedding day. I wanted to look like myself. Maribel is so skillful--she was able to make me look (and feel!) both beautiful and completely natural. Maribel's mother did my hair. She gave me a gorgeous waterfall braid. It was the perfect braid that allowed me to wear my hair half up and half down. My mother-in-law looked absolutely beautiful as well with her makeup and hair. She was thrilled with how she looked. Thank you so much Maribel, and please pass along my many thanks to your mother as well!

Profile Picture Laura, 4/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel is amazing. I could not be happier with how my wedding makeup turned out and I have never felt so beautiful. She made my skin look flawless while still not appearing to have a ton of makeup on. She brought out my best features and just made me a more beautiful version of myself without looking too done up. The application was perfect for an outdoor wedding which I had and I look amazing in our photos. My mother had her makeup done for my wedding and she also looked stunning and was thrilled with her makeup. I would highly recommend her to all.

Profile Picture Apriil, 2/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and Kris are awesome! We called with just a very short notice and they were able to accommodate all 4 of us. They are very professional. She made us look more beautiful than ever ;)

Profile Picture User3816690, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I love the hair & makeup she did on me.. Maribel also did my mom's & sister hair & makeup for my wedding & we got complements all night she does an amazing job all my pictures came out beautiful thank you again Maribel I would highly recommend her excellent service. ..

Profile Picture Juanita, 11/16/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel was great! She'll make you feel comfortable at your appointment and make you look beautiful for your big day. So happy she was able to squeeze me in at the last moment.

Profile Picture Melanie, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel from my trial to wedding day for informative and kept me on my toes. Plus, my makeup along with my party was AMAZING! Besides my fab makeup, she made my ladies n moms look incredible and it shined through our pics and no one had to retouch. Thanks Maribel and I can't wait to send you pics ;)

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/15/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

From the moment I had my makeup trial I knew I was going to love the way I was going to look on my wedding day, and I did! Maribel arrived on time and was always professional. I loved the way she was able to capture exactly what I wanted. I gave her a picture to go by and she was able to do my makeup exactly like the one in the picture. I had tried other makeup artists but they didn't quite convince me. She didn't leave me looking like a clown which would have been a total nightmare. A plus was that she knew how to speak Spanish and was able to communicate with my mother and understood exactly what she wanted. The day of the wedding my makeup stayed on the entire day and I got great compliments from all of my guests. Overall, we loved the way Maribel did our makeup and we could not have been happier with our choice.

Profile Picture Sonia, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel was amazing!!! I had her do my hair and make-up and she did a phenomenal job. From the trail to the wedding day, I had changed some things in terms of what I wanted for my hair and make-up and she ended up doing EXACTLY what I asked. All my bridesmaids loved talking with her too!

I was hesitant at first because I never had my hair or make-up done by anyone, but Maribel made me feel so comfortable from the first time I met her in her studio. Maribel also brought her assistant to do my mom's hair- everyone LOVED it and thought it was absolutely gorgeous.

The price is not THAT cheap, but for what you get, it's definitely worth it. I would gladly pay every penny of it again to get that type of professionalism and service. If I ever need my hair or makeup done again, I would definitely use her!

Profile Picture Carol, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and Sarah did an AMAZING job for my wedding day! I could not be happier with the way my hair and make up turned out! Maribel was always quick to respond to my questions and very accommodating in making sure I was happy with the look I wanted. I had two trials because I wasn't too sure about the first trial, but loved my look at the second trial! Luckily, I had my engagement photos after the second trial, and they turned out great! They were always prompt and easy to get along with. I liked that Maribel paid attention to hygiene...using disposable applicators each time. I would definitely recommend to others!!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 8/9/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married a month ago (on August 3)! Maribel and her AMAZING team did the hair and makeup for me and my very large bridal party. I had 7 bridesmaids...haha From the first day I spoke with Maribel, she was SO attentive and listened to everything I wanted. I am an incredibly picky person when it comes to how my hair and makeup are done...ESPECIALLY my makeup! I have always done my own makeup because I had never EVER liked how others have done it. When I did my trial with Maribel, she completely exceeded my expectations! I LOVED the finished product. I truly have never looked or felt more beautiful in my life. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and makeup aswell! The whole bridal party looked gorgeous! Maribel and her entire team were so proffessional and efficient! They arrived promptly the morning of the big day and immediately got to work. We were all ready by the time promised and we were all able to enjoy the joy and excitement of the entire morning! Cannot wait til I have a reason to use Maribel again! She is SO sweet, patient, understanding, and amazing at what she does. This lady knows her stuff. :) THANK YOU MARIBEL!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel is sweet, nice, lovely and very friendly. She did an amazing job on my hair and make-up on my wedding day. She met me and my bridal party at our hotel and brought her wonderful team with her! We all looked beautiful and gorgeous! Maribel is very professional returns emails and phone calls promptly. She had us all ready on time. I totally recommend Maribel for future brides to be! Maribel is AMAZING!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 7/20/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing make-up artist. Maribel definitly loves to make sure that her bride & anyone getting their hair or makeup done is satisfied. She does everything possible & loves to make sure everything is perfect. I highly recommend her & I will definitly be contacting her again for future events. =)

Profile Picture Cecilia, 7/6/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Overall, Maribel was easy to book and work with. She was diligent in making contacts, confirming her arrival time and asking for pictures of make up and hair ideas. She and her hair partner arrived on schedule and got right to work. They actually had us ready much, much earlier than we needed with the start time. We had mentioned my elderly mother had very short hair needing little styling and would need minimal makeup when booking. Her services took less than 20 minutes total for hair and makeup, but we still paid the full fee. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't have tipped given the value received for services. We know Mom was a bit difficult as she is not used to wearing makeup. My daughter and I were happy with our makeup, but not particularly thrilled with our hair. We had pretty flat styles with no volume brought it by the stylist. A lot of pins and twists or braids in the back, but the fronts were disappointing. We really felt like the hairstylist wanted to get out quickly. Compared to the time and styling I received at our hotel for my daughter's wedding in Denver 3 year's prior which was a 10/10, I'd rate the hair 4/10. I'd gladly recommend Maribel for makeup, but the hair was a let down.

Profile Picture User3386122, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and her team were amazing!
They arrived on time and were so calmed. Extremely professional!
Thank you so much for all your help!

Elizabeth Flores

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I couldn't find anybody for my make-up wedding; browsing online I found "Passion For Make-Up", she had excellent reviews, I thought why not get some info ... she responded quickly, very professional from start 'til the end. The day of the wedding, I had more people than we anticipated doing their make-up, but Maribel accommodated everybody, my sisters and friends LOVED HER!!! She is AMAZING!! She gives you advises of what looks good on you but also gives you the look you look for. I will definitely book her again and I recommend "Passion For Make-Up" for anybody who has any event and want to look PRETTIER. Let her doll you up ;)

Profile Picture User3269883, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Maribel and her team did an incredible job on my entire wedding party. Not only did she make everyone look stunning, but made them feel so elegant! I had never had my make up done for a big event so at my trial I did not know what to expect. There were a few minor tweaks I wanted to make after the trial, and Maribel was very patient and professional. We found a look that would work great in order to make my eyes pop!
When the day came I was a bit nervous how everything would look, but I truly could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day! Maribel and her team made me FEEL so lovely and so glamorous the entire day. She just made my day that much better. I really highly recommend Passion for Make Up, they really know what they are doing from cosmetics to hair, the day was such a huge success. I looked at the few pictures I was able to gather from family and friends and can't believe how stunning everyone looked! No joke. It was thanks to Maribel and her team! Thank you thank you!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/3/13, 1 Review