Parkwest Strings Reviews

28 | Chicago, IL

28 Reviews for Parkwest Strings

Morgan Metschuleit · Married on 10/11/2019

Highly, highly recommend Parkwest Strings for your next event!

From our first initial e-mail to our wedding day on 10/11/19, Songhea from Parkwest Strings has been one of our favorite vendors to work with by far. Songhea was extremely professional, personable, and thoughtful when helping plan our ceremony music. Our guests are still talking about how phenomenal the string trio sounded! We wanted contemporary music played during the ceremony and Songhea and her fellow musicians went above and beyond. Thank you for making our wedding ceremony so memorable!

Sent on 11/02/2019

Todd Olsted · Married on 09/07/2019

So fantastic!

Songhea and the rest of the band were absolutely amazing. They were so flexible and accepted every single one of our song requests... they even did a custom arrangement for us at no additional charge.

They were so easy to work with leading up to the event and on the day of they were perfect.

Love, love, love, love these guys!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Cheri · Married on 07/06/2019

Beautiful sound

Parkwest strings really did an amazing job! They sound absolutely beautiful and they were everything I hoped they would be!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Joshua · Married on 07/14/2018

We had Parkwest Strings play at our wedding ceremony on July 14th, 2018. First, they were very easy to work with, and the booking and billing process was quick and simple. We only needed them for our ceremony, but they were willing to travel between ceremony and reception. They played our requested selections beautifully and worked with the organist to play parts of the catholic mass, even though they weren't required to play those pieces. The string trio added to the enchanting atmosphere we were looking for and helped make our special day that more amazing. Finally, we found their price very affordable and within our budget. We definitely recommend them.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Emily · Married on 06/03/2018

We had a Sunday brunch wedding, and had a string trio play for both our ceremony and reception—they were absolutely wonderful!! The music was beautiful, and we got many compliments on the ambiance their music provided. The trio was very professional and flexible, and moved inside during brunch, then back outside for the reception when we played yard games. They were a perfect addition to our wedding day!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Rebecca · Married on 09/24/2016

If you are considering using a string trio or quartet for your ceremony and/or cocktail hour you should definitely go with Parkwest Strings. From the beginning they were very easy to work with. We booked the string trio for our ceremony and cocktail hour. It made our ceremony much more unique and romantic. It was also great to pick from their wide variety of songs and customize the music for our event! This allowed us to use modern music for our ceremony in a way that was still wedding appropriate. The trio performed beautifully and was on cue with every song change. We highly recommend Parkwest Strings!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Heather · Married on 09/04/2016

We hired the string quartet for our ceremony and cocktail hour and they were great! Songhea was very professional to work with and the musicians played beautifully. They also have an impressive repertoire of classical and modern songs to choose from. Perfect for an outdoor garden wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Loalnanye · Married on 08/01/2015

I would recommend Parkwest Strings to anyone looking for a string trio/quartet for their wedding. Songhea was an absolute joy to work with and is so flexible. The music was definitely one of the top 3 highlights of the day! I was in a really bad car accident the day before the wedding and as a result other things ran behind...including my arrival to the ceremony on the morning of the wedding (we were planning on transporting my parents to the wedding but our car was completely wrecked...had to do some very last minute re-arranging). I can't tell you what a comfort it was amidst all of the chaos to know that my guests were provided with beautiful music as they waited for our arrival...it was so soothing to everyone. Parkwest Strings, you were one of those who saved the day for us. I can't thank you enough!

Sent on 08/11/2015

They were amazing! Songhea is clearly a very talented musician and she conducted herself very professionally. The strings sounded beautiful during our ceremony; we couldn't be happier! I strongly recommend them if you want to add a touch of high class to your event.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Parkwest Strings was amazing. Not only did they fulfill my request of playing the song Home by Edward Sharpe, but their music and demeanor were more than we could have asked for. The music was the best addition to our ceremony and I'm greatful that we used them!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/25/2012

Park West Strings did a great job playing for our ceremony. They had a lot of song choices as well as pricing options. They were a great value for their great talent.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Michelle · Married on 11/27/2010

I could not be more happy with my decision to hire Parkwest Strings to provide the music at my ceremony and cocktail hour. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a 4 string quartet. I wish I had taped the ceremony because all I have are my memories of how amazing they sounded.

Sent on 12/14/2010

DeWayne · Married on 08/28/2010

Parkwest Strings performed at my wedding a few weeks ago at the Knickerbocker Hotel in downtown Chicago and It was an absolute pleasure to have them as part of our special day. Parkwest played from the wedding ceremony prelude until the end of the hour long cocktail reception. Unfortunately my wife and I didn’t get to enjoy them as much as our guests (we had pictures to take) but everyone said that they filled the room with the beautiful sounds of both Classical and Contemporary music. Throughout the entire process Songhea was professional, attentive to our needs and requests, worked around our hectic hours when it came to consultation times and gave great input on song selection. She suggested two or three songs for each portion of the ceremony and used our selections to determine what our guests would enjoy for the reception. I would highly recommend Parkwest Strings. I think they would bring that special touch of class to any event.

Sent on 09/15/2010
  • meganandmike2010

Megan · Married on 08/28/2010

Songhea and her musicians are so incredibly talented. We wanted only untraditional/more modern songs and they played them beautifully. They’re also very flexible, willing to learn new songs, and even rehearsed with one of our friends that sang during our ceremony and it was terrific. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/25/2011

Michelle · Married on 06/12/2010

I worked with Songhea from Parkwest Strings for my wedding ceremony music. She was AMAZING to work with. We spoke via email during the months leading to the wedding and hand a face to face meeting 2 weeks before. They are extremely familiar with catholic ceremonies and her and her quartet added a nice touch to the regular catholic mass music. She also learned a handful of songs for us a couple weeks before the wedding. They were able to perform “Circle of Life” during the prelude and they also learned Beyonce “Halo” for our Unity Candle ceremony. It sounded amazing!!! Songhea also worked directly with our music coordinator at our church which I appreciated becuase it took alot off my plate and I didn't have to worry about anything. She addressed things that I didn't think of like what we wanted them to wear. If you are looking for a professional, well versed, experienced, and easy to work with group for your next event, stop right here and contact Songhea right away. Thank you so much for making our wedding ceremony so special!

Sent on 06/29/2010

Sarah · Married on 04/10/2010

Parkwest strings was exactly what we were looking for. They were easy to work with and we have nothing but good things to say....

Sent on 11/29/2010

Betsy · Married on 03/27/2010

Parkwest Strings were a lovely addition to my wedding ceremony. They were professional, punctual, open to whatever I wanted, and very talented. What more could you ask for?

Sent on 12/01/2010

Ashley · Married on 12/05/2009

Parkwest Strings learned music for our wedding day and collaborated with friends of ours who were also performing during the ceremony. They were professional, sounded beautifully, and many people asked us about hiring them. We could not have been more pleased with their services.

Sent on 02/04/2010

Kate · Married on 09/26/2009

Parkwest Strings was wonderful to work with. Songhea was super quick to respond to all my questions and concerns. We had to make a last minute change to our location, and they were totally flexible about it. Most importantly, the music was beautiful and all the guests commented on how great the string music was. They're terrific - I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/06/2009

Chong · Married on 07/11/2009

Parkwest Strings played music for our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were fantastic. They were able to play everything we requested and also coordinate the music to our wedding program. Our wedding was at the Botanic Garden and was outdoor but everyone was still able to hear them in a guest count of 380. They were also very affordable. Very easy to work with! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/11/2009

Heather · Married on 07/05/2008

Song-hea and her team were great. They were affordable, they were on-time, and they played everything we asked them to play. VERY easy to work with and very responsive to email.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Laurel · Married on 05/25/2014

I found most of the vendors for my May wedding online using yelp, wedding wire, the knot, etc. I scoured reviews and hoped the best! And with Songhea and a Parkwest Strings-- that's what I got. It was a great and easy experience working with Songhea from start to finish. We chose a wide variety (think everything from Snoop Dogg to Tom Petty). And they could play everything! Just one tip: make sure they can be heard. Our crowd drowned them out during cocktail hour.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Nikisha · Married on 07/23/2010

I loved, loved, loved these musicians. Working with Songhea was so easy. Every song I requested, the musicians were able to accommodate. They were also very flexible, even when it started raining. Also, my husband had planned a surprise for me and needed the musicians to provide some special music, which they were able to do on short notice. They were wonderful. Thank you Parkwest Strings!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Judy · Married on 09/06/2009

Parkwest Strings played @ my wedding and they did a great job. The only thing is if you plan on having your ceremony outside make sure you get a microphone for them. The music was hard to hear for me and didn't really get to enjoy their sounds until I got closer to them up near the alter.
    They did amazing though, and during cocktail hour played strongly!

Sent on 10/09/2009

Sandy · Married on 04/25/2009

The musicians were extremely talented. They were very helpful as far as choosing pieces of music and when they would be played during the ceremony. Our e-mails/questions were answered within 24 hours. There were samples of their music on their website.

Sent on 12/12/2009