Paris Creative Reviews

56 | Kingston, NY

56 Reviews for Paris Creative

Kristen · Married on 10/07/2016

My husband and I are huge music fans but not huge dancers and we wanted to find someone that would help guide our cocktail style reception. We were looking for someone who really understood our love of music that didn’t fall in the top 20 charts and also wasn’t a crazy hyper Emcee style DJ.
    Lou is, simply put, the best at what he does. He LOVES music and you can tell from the amount of work he puts into the Skype meetings with his clients, the forms on his website that help him learn about the people he’s working with and his unbelievably easy going day-of-event demeanor that he truly cares My husband and I are laid back people and finding a DJ who felt right in with that vibe was priceless. Two major thumbs up for Paris Creative and we would recommend him in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Guerin · Married on 09/17/2016

WOW, where do we start! My now Husband and I are more than pleased with DJ Lou! He went above and beyond to make our special day perfect! He was so organized, thoughtful, well prepared, sweet, kind, and listened very well! He was also very accepting and was more than happy to DJ our same-sex wedding! From the beginning of meeting Lou he took the time to listen to all of the kinds of music we liked and provided his years of expertise to make the perfect mix of music! All of our guests were so pleased by him as well and he had everyone up out of their seats dancing all night! Thank you so very much Lou, we loved having you as our DJ! Welcome to our family!
    Guerin & Stephen

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kristina · Married on 09/10/2016

Lou is absolutely amazing! He is very professional and organized and went above and beyond for us- just a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend him! You won't regret it! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Tomi · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ selection Perfection!!!
    We wanted jumpin, dancin celebration....Lou delivered.
    The crowd demanded fewer breaks than scheduled and Lou just kept it rollin!
    Lou mixed musical genres perfectly so the dance floor was full with young and old alike. All Night Long....
    Thank you Lou! All of our friends and family are still raving about you!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Jamie · Married on 07/31/2016

Lou was extremely easy to work with, a great personality & always prepared! Very important qualities to have at a wedding. From allowing us to choose our own dinner music to preparing his own awesome music choices for the reception, he was on top of everything. He even took a few requests from guests that we enjoyed as well. My favorite part was that he was able to accommodate my brother & I in performing a surprise song for my husband (in which my husband loved). All in all, we had a great time working with DJ Lou, and we highly recommend him for his services.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Chelsea · Married on 05/21/2016

Lou was fantastic! He put us at ease throughout the entire process and was so responsive. He wasn't cheesy like other DJs we've seen at weddings in the past and really focused on getting people on the dance floor. We were so happy that we chose him to be our DJ, and you will too! :-)

Sent on 06/13/2016

My husband and I used a very complicated process to choose our DJ - we set up calls with three highly rated DJs one after the other on a Sunday, looked at each other after the calls, and said, "We are going to work with Lou." It was unanimous. You can just tell when you are going to work well with someone, and Lou from the start was friendly, professional, listened, and had a sense of humor. We could tell he understood who we are.

And we never regretted that split second, gut decision. Lou was incredibly responsive to our questions and he was in touch with us to keep us on schedule in making decisions. His web portal was incredibly easy to use and a great way for us to give Lou all the information he needed. He made sure to confirm that he understood everything we wanted every step of the way and we appreciated it.

Now for the wedding day. It was a freakishly cold day during an otherwise unseasonably warm fall. How do you keep people warm? A down and dirty dance party. I don't think I stopped dancing for 1 second and I freaked out in excitement over each song. We had two separate dance sets, before and after dinner, and Lou nailed them both. My friends told me after that they've never seen so many people on a dance floor at a wedding.

Beyond the party, Lou kept the day running seamlessly from the pre-ceremony and ceremony music (we had a special touch during our kiss that Lou nailed), cocktail music, and dinner music. He knew and kept the schedule of the reception going - the speeches, special dances, introductions.

Anyway, I could go on and on about how great Lou was. If you want to work with someone who is a professional and yet at the same time just a great guy that will know how to make your wedding just the way you want, work with Lou!!

Sent on 11/22/2015

elena · Married on 10/03/2015

Lou was amazing!
    Lou was extremely helpful through the whole planning process. Was super quick answering e-mails and helpful with helping us identify music selection, which spoke to us as well as our guests. Lou worked closely with the other vendors, making the process seem effortless to us. He had an excellent handle on the guests, in terms of what to play and what not to play, to encourage a great dancing crowd. He was excellent and level-headed, helping us out with last minute changes with live-music vendors.
    People say music can make or break the party. Lou not only made it, but took it to the next level! Graham and I wanted to thank him very much for helping us create our most special night musically awesome!!
    Our wedding was full of surprises, which included musical numbers, which Lou helped to organize and bring to life. It couldn't have happened without him.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Christine · Married on 09/27/2015

DJ Paris Creative is awesome!! My husband and I got married a few weeks ago and Lou was the DJ for our reception. From the first meeting, we knew he was the real deal- genuinely interested in making our event exactly what we envisioned and what we wanted. Lou was super helpful every step of the way- flexible and convenient schedule meetings, very quick responses to my numerous DJ and various wedding related emails, and assisted in planning the timing of the entire reception. The website DJ Paris Creative uses is extremely user friendly and was a great help in planning every aspect of our reception. I am a somewhat anxious person, but by the time our wedding day came, we knew it was so well planned out that we had no worries and just enjoyed the day (as we should but I have heard a lot of brides said was not the case for their own weddings). We chose the professionals we did for reason, right?!?! We had a mix of ages and interests at the reception, and we decided to be selfish (as we should be) and play the music we wanted played. Lou was excellent and kept the cocktail hour exactly as imagined with our music choices, he cut the music at perfect times (for a bride who actually doesn't like to be the center of attention for the beginning dances), and his professionalism the entire time was definitely worth mentioning. Lou was so good at checking in with us (seeing if we are enjoying our selves, things that had to be changed at a moments notice, and keeping us up to speed on necessities) while almost not existing and promoting the day to almost run seamlessly without the DJ taking the spotlight (the biggest pet peeve of my husband and I). Added bonus- no hidden fees, completely spells out the prices on his website and quite affordable. I cannot rave enough about DJ Paris Creative (Lou) and would definitely recommend him for your next special event!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Paris Creative's reply:

Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure to be your DJ, and now your friend. :)

Lou was a pleasure to work with and was able to blend our wide range of musical taste. Our wedding guest were dancing all night to everything from 90's hip-hop to Brit pop. WE managed to make eveything flow together perfectly.

I would highly recommend Lou for your special event!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/29/2015

Lou was such a pleasure to work with. After speaking with a few cheeseball DJs, he was so laid back and down-to-earth, which was the vibe we were looking for. Communicating with him was extremely easy. He was so prompt, and went over all the details, making us feel very comfortable leading up to the day of the wedding. His online interface is very helpful and easy to navigate. Lou was a fantastic DJ. He kept people on the dance floor all night without being overly present or cheesy in any way. My husband and I, as well as all of our guests had a blast dancing the night away. We would absolutely recommend Lou's services to anyone looking for an outstanding DJ!

Sent on 11/01/2015

Paris Creative's reply:

Thank you so much Kaitlyn for those kind words! It was an absolute pleasure being your DJ!
  • User5419170 · 2+ years ago

Lou was fantastic. He was super helpful leading up to the wedding and was great. He played during our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and right into dancing. He helped with the pacing of the night, took requests well and we ended up keeping him nearly 2 hours later than we had scheduled because people were dancing so hard. He stayed late even though he said he had an engagement the next day. We really appreciated it and had a wonderful wedding, due largely in part to Lou!

Sent on 09/08/2015
  • User5320382 · 2+ years ago

When planning our wedding, we wanted to be sure that the day was fun, festive, and all about celebrating with family and friends. We wanted the music to bring people together and were looking for a DJ who would use the music to get people excited. Paris Creative did this exactly- using his subtle MC style to make the big announcements and make sure everything stayed on course, while letting the music speak for itself. We had a full dance floor the entire night and almost couldn't get people to go home! Lou was easy to work with throughout the whole process (we were 600 miles away!), used a great computer program to keep us all on the same page, coordinated with our venue well, and made sure that all our big moments had the perfect soundtrack. He even came early to make sure that if we needed a back up sound system, he would be there to provide it.

We couldn't be more thrilled with Paris Creative and recommend Lou so highly to anyone who is in need of a DJ! Our guests are still raving! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Meaghan · Married on 07/11/2015

Lou was an absolutely phenomenal DJ and we are so glad to have hired him for our wedding. He facilitated smooth transitions throughout the night, from upbeat introductions to our live first dance performance, toasts, dinner, dancing, cake cutting, the bouquet toss... he's got everything covered.

His responsiveness throughout the planning process was great, as well. The personal planning website is easy to use and helps the bride and groom to customize the music styles, song selections, which special events to include and which to leave out, order of events, etc... Lou was always timely in answering texts, phone calls, e-mails etc. and was flexible with Skype meetings when we couldn't meet in person.

On the day of the wedding, he helped us to entertain our crowd of 250 guests flawlessly. Everyone had a blast, the dance floor was never empty! He even extended the reception one hour longer on short notice.

Lou, you were a pleasure to work with and we can't thank you enough for helping to make our wedding day everything we dreamed it would be and more. We would absolutely recommend this vendor to anyone looking for a great wedding DJ!

Sent on 07/28/2015
  • F

faith · Married on 06/27/2015

There isn't enough space here to give my compliments to Lou! He responded to my every email within 10 min, including changes the day before! He even checked in with us throughout the wedding to make sure we were happy and ask if he could do anything for us. Start to finish just a very professional and fun person to work with!!! Would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Paris Creative's reply:

It was an absolute pleasure being your DJ and I wish you two a tremendous future together!! :)

Daniel · Married on 06/27/2015

I highly recommend Lou Paris for your wedding. He was very responsive and accommodated all of our requests. Lou went above and beyond to make our wedding a success!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2014

Paris Creative/Lou was a pleasure to work with from the beginning. The website made our song selection process fun and easy. The execution of our picks were perfect. Lou has a way of reading the crowd which made our wedding a great time for all!

Lou was great to work with from the very beginning. I am a fussy person with lots of questions and he always handled everything with a great positive attitude and a smile. We had 2 meetings before the event and we could have had more if that was my request. Lou was always available and willing to answer questions and give suggestions. His response time to emails is immediate!

On the day of the wedding we had a ceremony location and a separate reception location, Lou pulled in an extra helper to make that happen, along with equipment to add the element of music to every minute of our special day.

I typically find DJ's (radio DJ's specifically) to be annoying, pushy, arrogant - Lou is the opposite of all that. He is kind and easy to get along with.

I would 120% recommend Paris Creative to anyone planning a wedding or party. In fact I hope to use Lou for future family events!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Michelle · Married on 08/09/2014

We were very happy to have hired Lou as our wedding DJ. He was extremely helpful during the planning process. The site that he provided to make requests was easy to use, and he was incredibly responsive to all of our questions. And we do mean incredibly responsive -- he responded to many emails within the hour. He played the songs we requested and also balanced our (numerous) requests with those of our guests. He made a point of asking us when the requests of our guests seemed different from the plan that we had established prior to the wedding. He managed the overall activities of the night smoothly without calling too much attention to himself. Overall, we were very happy to work with Lou and would definitely recommend him to other couples!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Lou of Paris Creative was great to work with throughout my whole wedding planning process. During the wedding he really kept the party going. He really took the planning seriously, and so many people complimented me on his DJ skills. My wedding was a total success, and he was a huge part of it!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Grey · Married on 05/03/2014

Lou did a great job with our wedding. We had a pretty customized set of requests, and Lou was happy to cater to them, making our experience perfect. He was very professional, but much like a friend, which was comforting given the more intimate feel of our 60-guest wedding. If you are looking for someone reliable to spin some music to dance the night away, I recommend Paris Creative.

Sent on 05/12/2014

James · event on 04/03/2014

Paris Creative is not just for wedding receptions. Earlier this year Danbury Audi was tasked with launching the all-new A3, with a unique set of criteria and very specific requirements for the launch party. I've known Lou for a long time so I knew he would be the right DJ for the job. Lou helped us, not only with music and general sound, he hooked us up with a lighting expert who brought in some high tech lighting, and between the pair they were able to set the right mood for our event. Additionally Lou was very responsive to our guests requests and to change the music from what was prescribed to what people actually wanted to hear.

With events like this music can really set - or sour - the mood. Paris Creative was pitch perfect.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Lou Paris was awesome from the start! When we initially reached out, and throughout the process, he was extremely prompt, thorough, and courteous in all communication. Then, about one month before the wedding, on a Saturday, he made a 90-minute drive in order to visit our venue and discuss setup with our event coordinator at no charge. On the wedding day, Lou ran the show, coordinating with the venue staff and photographer flawlessly and professionally in order to coordinate all parts of the reception. One of our favorite things about Lou was how he handled the end of the reception. At all weddings we have attended, the last song ends, the music stops, and the lights go on. However, after our last song, Lou left the lights low and played techno music while he started to pack up his equipment. This was a small thing, but we really appreciated it as it didn't feel like we were being instantly pushed out! Several guests commented on how competent and together he was. In short, he was affordable, professional, and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 09/29/2013

My husband and I give Lou a loud, happy, full endorsement! We are music people, and wanted a DJ who was too, who would add music we loved to our special day. Lou could not have been a better choice.

He made a wonderful contribution to our wedding and was a calm, pleasant, dependable professional who listened to us and got it right. He played great casual roots-rock cocktails out by a lake with additional outdoor speakers (some of my favorite music of the night), DJ'd a jazz piano dinner, and played great dance music that kept people on the floor. He was also a totally tasteful and flexible MC, esp as my family threw in a few surprise presentations.

He had requested a full plan for the night and helped keep an eye on that in a way we really appreciated. Lastly, he offered great value - Lou's build-your-own-event pricing let us pay for what mattered to us (more hours of music) and not for what didn't (lighting, etc). We can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 09/06/2014

When we first started planning our wedding reception, we thought we’d never be able to find a DJ who could bring coherence to our eclectic tastes, much less one who could do so for a reasonable price. From the beginning, Lou was available, professional, and adaptable. His website proved extremely helpful—we used it as an organizational tool not just for music requests but for all of the reception events. During the reception, Lou made things run smoothly from the start. Throughout the night, he was perfectly responsive to requests, anticipating what we wanted even before we articulated it. Thanks to him, our wedding turned into a raging dance party, for which he was kindly willing to perform several hours of overtime!

Music makes a party, and in many ways, Lou Paris made ours. We would definitely hire him again for future events, and we highly recommend him to all.

With gratitude from Ally & Louis

Sent on 08/11/2013

Tim · Married on 07/27/2013

Paris Creative saved our wedding!
    We had hired another DJ who backed out a week before our wedding. Our worst fear was that we would have no music! We found Creative Paris on a website and read some impressive reviews. By an act of God Lou was available. He met with us immediately and I was impressed by his professionalism. We asked for a range of classic rock , classical, 80s rock, country and modern dance. He nailed it all. Smooth transitions and he met every request. I'm still getting compliments from our guests!

Sent on 07/29/2013