Paradise Ridge Winery Reviews

33 | Santa Rosa, CA

33 Reviews for Paradise Ridge Winery

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2017

Everything about Paradise Ridge was perfect! The view overlooking the vineyard and the city was absolutely breathtaking. Our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful it was. We also had the most gorgeous sunset during our cocktail hour that everyone really enjoyed! This was a destination wedding, and Martha helped tremendously with her list of recommended vendors and other advice throughout our planning process. Also, the bartenders and staff were super friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend Paradise Ridge as a wedding venue--it'll be the best decision you make!

The team at Paradise Ridge was excellent to work with. Very time efficient and helpful, they always responded to any questions quickly and helpfully. They made the whole venue process wonderful.

Tawnya · Married on 05/11/2015

This winery was an excellent venue for our elopement. Beautiful scenery and very accompanying people. I would highly recommend.

Megan · Married on 03/20/2015

Paradise Ridge Winery was beyond perfect for our wedding ceremony and reception!
    It is so beautiful and offers tons of amazing photo opportunities.

Sent on 03/29/2015

Paradise Ridge Winery's reply:

Congratulations on an unforgettable ceremony and reception here in Paradise. Your wedding was truly beautiful!

Kate · Married on 11/08/2014

Paradise Ridge was the perfect place for our wedding. I wanted a venue that not only reflected the beautiful wineries that California offers but also had that woodsy feel to it. Paradise Ridge truly was my Fall Fantasy. We held our wedding the first weekend of November because of it being out of wedding season pricing but mostly because the colors of the leaves and the vineyard are a beautiful golds, yellows, reds and oranges. The venue sits on top of a hill and overlooks not only the vineyard but also the entire Santa Rosa City. We had perfect warm weather that weekend and our sunset wedding made the day feel like it was out of a storybook.

The venue was accommodating to most of our wants (minus the sparklers, we opted for a candlelight exit). Martha was wonderful to work with from advising us on vendors to great local places to hold our engagement dinner. There isn't anything more I would have changed about my wedding looking back. Everyone kept saying how beautiful the place was and everyone said it was unique and could see why we choose such an incredible location.

In fact we got some Christmas cards from friends who had the background from our wedding! This place is special and it's not just the large LOVE sign that makes this place beautiful but the whole venue is stunning from every area. Also, the wine was a huge hit! Their reds are a perfect blend!

Emily · Married on 10/18/2014

We had our wedding at Paradise Ridge Winery in October 2014, and it was AMAZING!! Seriously the best place I could have imagined for a wedding. Paradise Ridge has it all: a gorgeous venue that is perfectly setup for weddings, beautiful views of wine country, great wine, friendly staff, and flexible hours.

Although it's off a busy area in Santa Rosa, it feels very secluded and intimate, at the top of a long winding driveway, with sweeping views of the vineyards below. There are several distinct areas to hold various parts of the event: a front patio with a gorgeous large tree, where we had welcome drinks; a patio in the back for the ceremony, overlooking the vineyards below; a long wooden veranda running along the side of the winery that's great for cocktail hour (especially during sunset!); and a beautiful pavillion that's perfect for dinner & dancing.

Unlike many spots in wine country that have a 10pm curfew for weddings, PRW lets you go as late as you want, so we went until 11pm and had a full two hours of dancing after dinner. Martha, the events manager at PRW, was great to work with and provided a lot of good suggestions for vendors, but was also flexible when we wanted to go "off list".

The only tradeoff is that PRW, like most winery venues, only allows wine and beer - no hard alcohol. But it ended up not being a big deal, because we had some fun cocktails at our rehearsal dinner the night before, and picked a lot of great wines to serve throughout the evening of our wedding. PRW lets you pick as many as you want, and you only pay for what you drink, which is awesome and makes it totally stress-free.

I can go on and on about PRW, but I'll end by saying that we were extremely happy we chose PRW for our wedding venue, and if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing!

• User3719469 · 2+ years ago

My partner and I just had our wedding at Paradise Ridge two weeks ago and it was so amazing, we wish we could do it again. Martha and her team were wonderful to work with prior to the wedding – they were so patient and accommodating of all of my (millions of) questions and requests over email. They always responded promptly and on the day of they provided everything they had promised, from the specific types of beer we requested to every little decorative detail. Getting married at Paradise Ridge was like a dream. It is such a beautiful venue – and then to have everything happen without a hitch was pretty remarkable. (We also used Ali DiLuvio as our day-of coordinator and we highly recommend her!) We were disappointed initially because the winery can’t serve hard alcohol (per their license), but we found that our guests were happy nonetheless and everyone still got reasonably intoxicated ☺ The price is very reasonable, the staff are wonderful, and the view is unbelievable.

Mark · Married on 10/03/2013

Paradise Ridge was a beautiful venue for our elopement! The weather was perfect, and they allowed us all over the property to select the perfect spot for the ceremony and pictures. The PR staff was super friendly - even for our small elopement ceremony, everyone from the bartenders to the owners offered their congratulations. PR is an amazing place, looking forward to visiting again from Ohio.

Love, love, love!!! My wedding here was amazing and would highly recommend any bride to consider getting married here.
    Between Paradise Ridge, the view and my wedding flowers everything was a dream!
    Thank you!!!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 08/31/2013

This actually IS Paradise!
    When we were planning our destination wedding, we never imagined we would come across a venue like this. We knew we wanted something we couldn't get in Chicago, but this was amazing. The view, alone, is breathtaking. But the layout and staff were the icing on the cake. Martha was so incredible to work with and made for easy and simple planning. We were able to try the wine before selecting and we were so pleased with everything we selected. Our guests were so amazed at how beautiful everything was. We were all able to enjoy the scenery of the day, the sunset, and the glory of the lights at night. It doesn't get much better than this!!
    Thank you Paradise Ridge for a beautiful wedding!

Best Venue Ever!!! Such a beautiful venue. My out of towners were blown away. I was looking to create a vintage style wedding in my hometown and wanted a venue that would not only give my out-of-towners something to remember, a preview of what wine country has to offer...after all they were spending a pretty penny to travel to Santa Rosa, CA from the east coast and this trip was considered their only summer vacation for most!!! Paradise Ridge Winery was perfect, the setting was gorgeous and the view was amazing. By night fall the lights of my hometown lit up the sky and added to a magical night! The staff was great! Martha was amazing. She was very responsive and accommodating and did everything she could to make the night one to remember! My guests still talk about how beautiful the venue was! Thank you Paradise Ridge!!!!! Love Beth & Jeff

Kristina · Married on 08/04/2012

We were married at Paradise Ridge August 2012, and it was the perfect place. Besides Paradise Ridge Winery being unbelievably gorgeous, the staff was great. I was concerned about planning our wedding from Chicago, however Martha, the wedding manager at Paradise Ridge, made it an easy task. She was very responsive to any questions we had, and worked around our schedules when we were in town. We would even drop by Paradise Ridge Winery to show family and friends the venue, and even though we had not set up a meeting with Martha, or even expected to meet her, she would take time out of her day to talk with us. Martha is so personable, organized, and was a delight to work with.

We chose to have both our ceremony and reception at Paradise Ridge, and it worked out perfectly. The layout is nice since you can have your ceremony on one side of the building, and then have a cocktail hour on the other side of the building, and both locations have beautiful views of Sonoma County. Our guests were blown away with the venue.

Another great perk with this venue is they include some tables and chairs, so it cuts down on the rental cost. The dining room is a beautiful room, and is very neutral which allows the bride and groom to transform the room to fit their style. With the amazing views from the dining room, it isn’t even necessary to fill the room with a lot of decorations and design elements. Paradise Ridge Winery has acres of gorgeous land with many unique sculptures. We took some great photos with our wedding party and family by the “LOVE” sign, which was a huge hit with our guests since you have a nice view of the sculpture from the dining room. And how can I not mention their wine?! Their wine is great, and we have talked with so many guests since our wedding that have mentioned they loved the wine. We love our wine as much as we love our craft beer, and Martha was great with working with us to find the beer we wanted.

Suzanne · Married on 04/26/2012

I don't think there's anywhere better to get married. It's a great value and beyond beautiful. I am so, so, so happy that we got married here.

Cheryl · Married on 01/07/2012

Our daughter and her fiance were suppose to get married at Mark West Lodge, but, unfortunately, it closed before their wedding day. Paradise Ridge Winery accepted our Mark West contract and worked very hard to give the bride and groom the wedding they wanted. Our guests enjoyed an intimate ceremony in the champagne cellar, sunset during cocktails on the veranda and a beautiful dinner, and dancing, in the tasting room. We found Martha easy to work with and very accommodating, given the circumstances. Paradise Ridge Winery turned out to be the perfect spot for a most perfect day.

A · Married on 05/22/2011

This venue is really beautiful and our experience through the planning process with the staff was wonderful. The space really lends itself to be decorated in any style you choose (or left clean and simple the way it is). Its existing natural surroundings only enhance your and the guests' experience. The view is just breathtaking - it's a great place to see the sunset - and the leaf-shaped deck with the gorgeous oak tree just help make this place magical.
    We visited 6 or 7 other wineries in the area when searching for our venue (and at least 2 dozen more online) and feel that this one was also the best value.

Carol · Married on 04/16/2011

You know the adage, "Location, location, location"? Paradise Ridge Winery is it! This has to be the best commercial view of the Santa Rosa and beyond valley. Our guest just couldn't get over the view, both during the early evening and night. It is Paradise! As the mother of the bride, working with Martha and her staff was great. They are always there to answer questions and offer support. If you rent it off season there is a 25% discount. What do you get? Outdoor ceremony site with chairs. If it rains they have plan 2 which is to move the ceremony downstairs. The upstairs tasting room with veranda and lovely front deck with large oak tree. You get tables and chiavari chairs (no pads but we didn't use any and it was fine)for your guests and the caterer. You will need to rent all of your linens and dinnerware including wine glasses. They also have outdoor small tables which was wonderful to have on the veranda. They have built-in outside heaters, so the guests were delighted to spend part of the evening outside! The upstairs is hardwood floor, no need to rent a dancefloor. We rented the downstairs and made it a lounge, with their sofas, the fireplace, candy table, some guest tables and our photographers' photobooth. Very fun and inexpensive. It gave the guests another place to go explore. Of course you use their wine which was well received! They have a list of preferred caterers but we went off list and paid a fee for that. I can't say enough of how beautiful the site is and how friendly the staff is at Paradise Ridge. There are plenty of places for pictures, including in their vineyard. There is also a large sculpture garden that was fun for the engagement pictures. I highly recommend Paradise Ridge Winery!

Stefanie · Married on 05/30/2009

Location was number one on my list of what was most important for me and Paradise Ridge Winery exceeded all of my expectaions. My husband and I looked at over 30 locations (most were wineries so it was no hardship!) before finding this perfect place. My husband and I are both very into wine and we had a difficult time finding the right ballance between beautiful location, great wine, holding enough people and cost. When we first booked the location we knew that all of these elements were addressed very well. I can't express just how breathtaking the views are at Paradise Ridge. Before we even tried the wine (again, VERY imortant for us) my husband was ready to sign a contract. The price was very reasonable for a wedding at a winery and to top it off the wine was amazing!! The champagne could use a little work but if they are able to make more sparkeling sharaz that is great. We loved the wine so much we joined the wine club! As far as service goes, they were fantastic. Everyone was so easy to work with! We used most of their recommended vendors so everything from that perspective was flawless. I would call to work something out and they had usually already taken care of it for me! When I decided to add an extra hour at the last second it was no problem. The only tiny downfall is that they say they can have 250 guests but even with 200 it was a tight squeeze, it was a good thing we had people who were not able to make it. Also keep in mind that you can't have hard alchol at any winery (at least not one that I found) so if that is important for you then this isn't a good option. They can and did serve beer but with wine as good as they have nobody will want to drink it.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/16/2010

We got married at Paradise Ridge Winery October 2010 and it was beautiful. It's not an extremely large venue, so it has a cozy and intimate type feel, which was what we were looking for. All the guests loved it there, and it was convenient for them to explore the rest of Sonoma. Martha, the contact person, was always responsive and helpful in answering our questions. Although not inexpensive, it was still a much better value than other wineries in Sonoma/Napa.

Paradise Ridge is a beautiful venue and all of our guests commented on how gorgeous a setting it was for a wedding. It was the first venue we visited and we could tell it was the one the moment we walked in the door. The winery setting flows very well from the outdoor ceremony site to the wrap around deck/veranda for happy hour to the indoor tasting room for dinner. Martha Marquez was a pleasure to work with, very helpful and very responsive. The staff at Paradise Ridge was very friendly. If I had to book a wedding venue again I would choose Paradise Ridge all over again, no question.

Evelyn · Married on 08/27/2015

A true "Wedding in Paradise". Breathtaking venue with unbelievable views. We visited over 15 wineries in Sonoma/ Napa and chose Paradise Ridge Winery for our 100+ person destination wedding... and we're glad we did!
    We absolutely loved the artwork dotted around the property, and our guests were in awe of the beautiful landscape and views of the city. Great amount of space and layout for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception on site. Staff were responsive and helpful with planning and on the day of. Highly recommend!

Our wedding was absolutely amazing at Paradise. Martha and her team were extremely impressive with their responsiveness and their professionalism. All of our guests were blown away with the ceremony and the views here and we are still hearing about how much they loved everything about this venue. Couldn't have had a better wedding!

There were moments while planning for our wedding that we doubted our decisions on some of our vendors, our guest list, our budget...the list goes on. The one decision we never doubted was choosing to have our wedding at Paradise Ridge Winery. We came to California from New York to browse venues in wine country and the first place we visited was Paradise Ridge. After that, everything paled by comparison and despite looking at 5 other venues in person, we just kept coming back to Paradise Ridge. From the view of the vineyards to the intimate feel of the ballroom to the gorgeous terrace and deck, it was too perfect to pass up.

What made it even better was that Martha, the event manager, was a pleasure to work with. Responsive, professional, and genuinely excited to be part of our day, she was extremely helpful and the perfect breath of fresh air and energy during the planning stages.

Our vision came alive on our wedding day and it was just as beautiful as we imagined, if not more. Our guests were blown away by the scenery and overall vibe of the winery, and so were we. Thank you to the whole staff at the venue. We couldn't be happier with our experience at Paradise!

CW · Married on 04/29/2013

We got married here April 2013. It is a beautiful location for a sunset wedding! We were bathed in warm golden sunlight during the ceremony and surrounded by rolling green hills and vineyards. In the evening the city lights shimmered in the background. My guests said it was breathtaking. As a bride from Canada, all the planning was done remotely and all went smoothly and beautifully!

~ Pricing: There's an off-season discount from Nov-Apr. In addition to the seasonal discount, there is a substantial discount for weekday weddings. For a destination wedding, we didn't mind having the wedding on the Monday as most of us were already on vacation!

~ Rental: The rental included the outdoor terrace (ceremony), the tasting room with the gorgeous chandeliers (reception), the deck with the beautiful views (cocktail hour), banquet chairs for the ceremony (we thought these looked like 80's conference chairs and rented white folding chair through the caterer instead), and chiavari chairs for the reception. It also came with 2 wine barrels perfect for big floral arrangements. The trees on the terrace are decorated with twinkle lights year round, which added an extra sparkle to the reception. The cellar is available as an indoor ceremony alternative. It has a cozy, but almost homely feel to it. With the stunning views it would have been disappointing if we had to use the cellar for an indoor wedding. The bride room is also small and was probably converted from an office, but a good space to store the decorations and favors the day before the wedding.

~ Wedding Coordinator: Martha, the wedding/event coordinator, did not mind answering all my emails. If you need an immediate answer the best way to reach her is to call. I hit a few snags with the insurance and Martha was very helpful. One thing to note, she is not the day-of coordinator, so you will need to hire /assign your own day-of wedding coordinator to make sure someone gets you down the aisle!

• Marie

Marie · Married on 03/20/2013

I got married at Paradise Ridge in mid-March and it was great! This location is so beautiful! It was a somewhat cloudy/rainy day on our wedding day, which made for really excellent photos! The indoor ceremony location by the fireplace was just as wonderful as if we had been able to have it outdoors on the patio. I had an all-inclusive package through my amazing wedding coordinator so I can't speak to the exact value of this location because I'm not sure what the venue charges...but the alcohol costs seem very reasonable. The wine options are great and the staff is VERY helpful and friendly.

Amy · Married on 10/01/2011

Paradise Ridge was an amazing backdrop for our wine country wedding! The site is gorgeous, the perfect combination of casual and classy. The staff is unbelievable. They were supportive and helpful throughout our planning, offering new ideas and advice. Martha was very flexible and easy to work with, and we loved visiting with the staff, particularly Mackenzie and Ruth Anne. We looked forward to visiting with them while selecting our wedding wines and finalizing our plans. We couldn't have been happier with Paradise Ridge!