Paradise Entertainment Reviews

68 | Waterloo, NY

68 Reviews for Paradise Entertainment

Tricia · Married on 10/15/2017

Paradise Entertainment was amazing at our wedding, everything we asked for and more! Guests of every age complimented the mix of music. They really spent the time to customize the exact tone we wanted for each portion of the party. Ken and his team are easy to communicate with, really listened to our requests and are so reasonably priced. Truly couldn’t be happier with our choice. Thank you!

Heather · Married on 07/16/2016

We hired Ken and his assistant, Trisha, for DJ/Entertainment as well as uplighting and monogram services for our combined indoor/outdoor wedding this July. We also added extra set ups to our package, which was very easy to do. Stating that Ken and Trisha did a wonderful job is an understatement. They were absolutely fantastic to work with every step of the way from the day we inquired, our in person meeting in December, to our big day this summer! Ken was VERY good at getting everyone to dance, even some of the guests I would have never thought would end up on the dance floor that night and it truly made our day to see everyone at our wedding having so much fun. Making sure wedding guests take advantage of everything you offer them and have a good time was one of my biggest priorities because happy guests make the couple's experience that much better for themselves. Ken and Trisha certainly make that happen and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ that evening. Also, the system they use for requests is very easy and helpful in guiding the couple when song choices can get overwhelming. They were also very flexible - last minute willing to try to keep outdoor hookups for what ended up being a combined indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. Their travel price was also very reasonable considering it was a decent travel time from waterloo to our venue. The amber uplighting looked beautiful and added to our victorian themed wedding and I loved the monogram placed behind our head table! Our reception was absolutely beautiful and these elements definitely helped complete the look!

An absolutely wonderful service provided by Ken and Trisha at a very reasonable price for us! They are very good at feeling out the crowd and getting everyone to have fun! We had multiple family members and friends come up to us throughout the night saying how awesome our DJ was. If we did it all over again, we would certainly hire them in a heartbeat!

Laura · Married on 06/04/2016

Ken was amazing to work with! He made the whole planning process so easy with his online planning forms, and he is very responsive to emails. We instructed him through the planning forms on the songs that we wanted for the bridal procession, introductions, first dance, mother/son and father/daughter dances, and otherwise we gave him free reign of the night. We told him to play whatever he felt the guests were enjoying, and he did an amazing job. The dance floor was full all night! My older relatives even danced in the beginning of the night to some songs that they requested, and as the night progressed, he played more music geared toward our 20-30 something's. Everyone had a great time and said it was one of the best weddings they’ve been to, and a lot of it was thanks to Ken and his assistant! You won’t be disappointed in working with Paradise Entertainment.

I love their music. I had the best time.

Rachel · Married on 10/09/2015

My husband and I were UNBELIEVABLY happy with Paradise Entertainment. Ken and his assistant Trisha were amazing. We were very specific with the music that we wanted and provided Ken with the planning sheets only a couple days prior to the wedding and he got everything correct. We even asked for some editing of specific songs and he did it perfectly. My husband and I performed a montage of songs for our first dance and Ken created a mash up of all the songs for us (for no additional charge).
    We asked a lot of Ken and came up with some pretty non traditional ideas and Ken smiled and happily supported us through everything. He was so easy to work with!

Our uplighting was fantastic and very elegant. I was beyond impressed when I walked into our ballroom.

Ken did the music for our ceremony and I gave him extremely specific instructions and that music was also perfect. I was so happy listening from afar!

My friends and family complimented us after the wedding about the lighting and the DJ! I was worried that my family and friends were not dancing people but Ken promised he would get everyone on the dance floor and he delivered!

I highly recommend Paradise Entertainment because of their service, personalities, and affordability!! You won't find a better bargain and experience! I can't thank you enough for help making my wedding perfect and a great party!!!

Lastly, Ken coordinated his wardrobe choice based on my wedding colors! I LOVED IT and sincerely appreciated it!!

Thank you Ken & Trisha! :)

• Bary

Mary · Married on 09/06/2015

We had booked Ken for our wedding because we know his work from other events and we really enjoyed his selection and personality. Unfortunately, something came up and Ken had to cancel on us. We were impressed by how nicely the situation was handled: he arranged for another DJ to honor our agreement with him, in terms of time, cost, services, etc. He offered to introduce us to the new DJ and did so. He provided the other DJ with a copy of our request list and ceremony selections.

Up until he had to cancel, Ken was good about keeping in touch with us. His hours of availability were not compatible with hours, but he was willing to communicate by email, text, and voicemail.

It's a shame we couldn't have had him at the wedding, but he treated us very well and did an excellent job of taking care of us.

Ashlee · Married on 08/07/2015

Ken was great! He provided uplighting and sound setups in two locations. We didn't have speeches or toasts at our wedding, and he kept things running along smoothly.

Jessica · Married on 07/04/2015

Ken was amazing! He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. All of our friends and ourselves danced our butts off! He kept the party going all night. He helped get guests on the dance floor and made it fun for everyone!

Daniel · Married on 08/15/2014

Ken provided an amazing DJ service for us for our wedding. He was very flexible and was easy to talk with and cared about the little details. Great crowd interaction and keeps everybody on the dance floor. Coordinated very well with our venue and photographer and everyone was on the same page which allowed for a smooth execution of the ceremony and reception activities. You wont go wrong in any way by selecting Paradise Entertainment as your DJ. I highly recommend.

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2014

Ken is great! Very reasonable price and played great music! We didn't really know what we should play for dancing but Ken made such great choices! I was so impressed - he really got everyone dancing!

Christine · Married on 11/09/2013

I am not from the New York area so I booked this DJ after reading reviews and calling around for prices in the Finger Lakes Area, I was not disappointed! Ken came to our rehersal to help us get the music/walking how we wanted. He found all of the music we asked for and was great during the ceremony and reception. He was great with the guests and played exactly what we wanted without having to give a long list of dos and donts. We picked all the special songs we wanted for the ceremony and reception (and he found them all!) Then, we told him the type of music we wanted for the reception and he took care of the rest. He worked great with the photographer and kept the reception flowing nicely...it was a big help when the wedding planner was MIA!! I definately recommend this DJ to anyone!

Lucia · Married on 06/08/2013

Ken was AWESOME to work with. He was flexible and always available when we needed him. He got back to us promptly and always answered our questions. He was ok with multiple song changes for the bridal party intros and I know most DJ's aren't. He did a fantastic job during our wedding! He was a great MC and definitely handled the crowd well. He had people dancing all night. We highly recommend Ken for a wedding DJ!! Thank you Ken, we are so glad we were able to work with you!!!

M · Married on 05/26/2013

We had a wonderful wedding, and we are especially grateful to Paradise Entertainment and especially our DJ Eric Lyte and his assistant Alison. They did a great job communicating with us before our event, sitting down and making sure all of the details were right. They found and utilized the more unusual songs that we requested for dinner, and kept the crowd on the dance floor all night long. We also appreciated that they were flexible to add and subtract elements on the fly. Thanks for making our wedding memorable!

James and Emily · Married on 11/03/2012

Ken did an amazing job at our wedding! He was able to find and play all the music we wanted even though some was a little obscure. He did a great job mixing the songs and getting in slow songs/fast songs and playing both classics and modern music. There were no cheesy wedding songs and no cheesy dj remarks. He had people up and dancing the entire night. No downtime at all! The uplighting he did also looked very classy and nice. Ken came early and set everything up so we didn't need to worry about a thing. Everyone complimented us on our dj and lighting. We highly recommend paradise entertainment!

Sarah · Married on 08/31/2012

Ken did a great job with our requests! He was flexible and responsive and met all our expectations. We are very appreciative of all his work. He accommodated our eclectic musical requests and combined our requests for Spanish and Latino music with popular favorites. He also provided the music for our ceremony and did a wonderful job as well. We had lots of different types of music that we played and he helped put it all together seamlessly. We were very impressed. Thank you Ken for providing the finishing touches to a very special day and evening!

Cassandra · Married on 08/14/2012

Ken was absolutely amazing. He listened to what we wanted and followed through. I would definitely recommend him to anyone

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2012

Ken, you were wonderful! I had my ceremony and reception in one venue. The ceremony was unusual, and it was an alcohol free event, and in the morning. You helped things go smoothly and worked with us every step of the way. People were crowding the dance floor the whole time and the energy was great. Thanks for your part in creating such a nice flow and fun atmosphere!

• O

Barbara · Married on 08/04/2012

Ken Paradise made our wedding a smashing success! Ken was great to work with and help guide through things we needed to consider for our wedding and reception. We had some special requests that he incorporated beautifully. I personally danced all night, and have recieved nothing but compliments on our wedding and reception! Thank-you Ken for making our wedding a wonderful day to remember! :)

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2012

Ken was very professional, and fun. He did a great job and everyone had a great time. He played everything I asked him to from the selection I filled out before the wedding. I would definately reccomend him for upcoming weddings or events!!!

J · Married on 07/07/2012

Ken and Paradise Entertainment were amazing!! Ken was extremely professional and easy to work with. I was most concerned about having a DJ that was tacky and the center of attention. Ken was neither! He played exactly what we requested and had other ideas to get the group going. He was also able to play CD's the family members brought that had Greek music on it which turned out to be a blast. Ken is so easy going and was quick to respond when we had a question. I would HIGHLY recommend Paradise Entertainment!

Kristy · Married on 06/22/2012

Everyone who attended our wedding mentioned that it was the best wedding they had ever been too; a great party!

Andy · Married on 05/26/2012

Ken did a perfect job of incorporating our personal music requests with traditional favorites. The dance floor was packed the entire night! He got everyone out of their seats and kept the energy high throughout the 6+ hour reception. He also helped keep all the night's events organized and fun without being the center of the attention. He communicated with us in the planning stages, made things easy, and was fun and professional at the same time. We would highly recommend him. We also used the uplighting and dance floor monogram and it added a little extra to the atmosphere.

Thanks for helping create a memorable reception and awesome party, Ken!

Andy & Jeanna

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2011

Ken was very professional, yet also personable. He helped us in making decisions on song choices for each dance when we were unsure. He also kept the entire crowd up and dancing, including some of the people that I had never seen dance before. It was a great time and Iwould recommend him to anyone!

• O

Katie · Married on 09/03/2011

Ken at Paradise Entertainment was the best. He always responded quickly to my emails and he has some wonderful suggests for songs. He has a lot of experience with weddings and you can tell. I had no idea how everything was going to play out, but he walked me through the whole process and made it so easy. I didn't worry about a thing. I danced the whole night along with many others. We had a great time.

Jodi · Married on 07/29/2011

Ken was wonderful! My husband and I had a fantastic night at our wedding at Ventosa Vineyards and Ken was a great DJ. Our guests were very happy with the musical selections and he was great with requests. He will do what he can to make your evening special!