Paradise Catering Reviews

119 | Carmel Valley, CA

119 Reviews for Paradise Catering

ksenija · Getting married on 02/20/2020

I LOVE John and Nancy!!!!!! For the last 16 years Paradise Catering has given my family and friends many Amazing.... Dinners, BBQ's, Lunches and Super Bowl Party drop off food!!!!! John is a fabulous Chief, and it is truly a wonderful experience each time he caters one of my parties. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for..... Excellent quality and tasting food. John and his staff are WONDERFUL and are truly a pleasure to have in your Home, Backyard or any Formal venue. They are the best at what they do and the proof is in the food.. I will continue using Paradise Catering for all my future events. Ksenija Halamandaris 2-7-2017

Sent on 02/07/2017

Paradise Catering's reply:

You are so sweet, Ksenija!!! Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of us. We love catering for you!! I'm glad I got to finally meet you!! We look forward to working with you more in the future :) -Ashley & Paradise Team

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2017

Paradise catered my November 18, 2017 wedding at Holman Ranch and my husband and I were completely blown away from the very first day we met Nancy and Ashley. First and foremost, the food is to die for (truly). We first did a tasting with Paradise in July 2016, shortly after my husband and I got engaged. We were surprised by just how much food they gave us to taste. I didn't even taste everything because of how much food they gave us to taste. It was amazing! At that point in time we were tasting just to get an idea of whether we liked the food or not. We definitely did! Chef Jon made us a beautiful keepsake menu listing the food we had tasted. Fast forward to 4 months before our wedding, we couldn't really remember what we liked best. We did a phone call with Nancy and Ashley and they were so great about helping us pick our menu based on the notes they kept from the tasting. Valerie was amazing when it came to doing the walk through--she knew all the questions to ask us and our planner to make sure everything was executed perfectly. When the wedding day arrived we were again in awe over how delicious the food was. We had guests coming up to us during dinner telling us just how amazing the food was (as one guest put it, our dinner was the best wedding food he had ever had). When we had a guest surprise us the day of the wedding that they had a dietary restriction that would prevent them from eating the food, Nancy made sure to handle it quickly and professionally. I personally didn't learn of this until right before dinner from my planner but was so grateful to have Nancy handle it without complaint.

I cannot sing Paradise's praises enough. In terms of pricing, you cannot find a better quality for a better price. Without a doubt, if you want the best you have to hire Paradise. I know when my sister gets engaged I'll be having her call Paradise first!

Thank you Nancy, Valerie, Ashley, Chef Jon and the rest of the amazing Paradise team!

-Jessica & Riley

Katie · Married on 10/29/2017

Paradise Catering just provided the most amazing food experience for our Holman Ranch wedding, all of our family and friends were blown away by how delicious and beautiful everything was. Not only is everything fresh and local, it is arranged in artful and creative ways. And, the staff was delightful to work with from the owners and their assistants to the cooks and servers. I was so impressed by them at every step of the way. Their reputation is well deserved.

• Z

zabrina · Married on 07/26/2017

Paradise catered our wedding in Salinas. The food was absolutely 5 star. The appetizers, the salad, the entree, even the lemonade and tea were amazing! Our guests were stuffed with the delicious appetizers but could not stop eating after taking a bite of the salad and the surf and turf plate. The staff was attentive and cheerful. Ashley, was a pleasure to work with. She was organized, kind and was even present on our wedding day. If we lived in California, we would absolutely use Paradise Catering again. Cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Paradise Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for saying all of that Zabrina! You and your guests were so lovely to work with!! We appreciate you taking the time to post this gracious review (and I appreciate what you said about me!) it's what we all strive for! We would love to be able to cater for you again in the future!! You two take care!! :)

Mandi · Married on 06/02/2017

We feel so blessed to have worked with the Paradise Catering team for our June wedding at Holman Ranch.

The tasting was above and beyond. Everything was created with fresh ingredients, unique flavors and a stunning presentation. Though we were leaning towards appetizer stations rather than passed, Chef Jon prepared a selection of passed apps for us to try so we'd have the full scope of their offerings to help us make the best choice.

The Paradise team catered our rehearsal dinner as well. Since the menu for our wedding was more traditional, we wanted to do something more unique for the rehearsal dinner. I emailed the team about a Hawaiian theme. Within a week, the team brainstormed the most impeccable menu - ahi poke tostados, coconut rice, Kalua pulled pork sliders, etc. Aside from being extremely talented in the kitchen, the Paradise team really listens to and understands each of their client's requests, then delivers 1000%.

Upon Paradise's recommendation, we chose to go with a family style dinner for our wedding reception. Everything they served was phenomenal. All of the tables were served within minutes of each other, and the staff were quick to clear and replace any dishes that had been emptied. We had more than a dozen people specifically tell us it was the best food they've ever had.

By now, you've realized how absolutely exquisite Paradise's dishes are, but the impeccable service is the icing on the cake. From the moment we first emailed the Paradise team, they were professional, responsive and best of all, welcoming. The day of the wedding Ashley and Nancy checked in as soon as they arrived. Knowing that we wouldn't get a chance to fully mingle during cocktail hour, Ashley prepared a mini app station with our signature cocktails for us to enjoy right after we said, "I do." During the reception, the Paradise staff continuously checked in to ensure we had everything we needed.

Thank you Paradise team! We are forever grateful!
    M + P

Sent on 07/14/2017

Paradise Catering's reply:

Mandi!!! Thank you SO MUCH for your amazing review!!! For you to take the time and put all of that together means the world to us. You and Paul were such a pleasure to work with!!! We wish you two nothing but the very best, and may your future be FULL of happiness, croissants and rosé ;) !!! -Ashley + Paradise Team

Kristina · Married on 05/20/2017

Paradise Catering was incredible! Nancy and the entire team are knowledgeable and so helpful. They answered all of our questions, and worked with us on selecting the perfect menu for our wedding. Guests have been commenting on how delicious all of the food was and it's been weeks. Our photographers even said that Paradise has the best food they've had at a wedding, so we knew we weren't just biased! If your experience is even half as good as our was, I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed with Paradise.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Paradise Catering's reply:

Kristina, thank you so much for your wonderful review. You two were such a pleasure to work with!! We enjoyed all of the planning leading up to your big day, and had such a great time catering for you all :) you two take care!!!

Heather · Married on 04/01/2017

Where to begin... The staff and food by Paradise Catering are first-class and exceeded any expectations for both food and service that I ever thought I might have at my wedding. We used Paradise Catering for both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at Gardener Ranch. Nancy was an absolute pleasure to work with in planning the menus, and she is thoughtful and accommodating for all needs! She has great ideas that will fit whatever vision you might have for your day. Furthermore, the food was fresh, beautifully displayed, and just absolutely phenomenal!!

In addition to the phenomenal food, the staff is amazing. Anytime I had random questions throughout the planning process, I would simply call Paradise Catering, and Ashley/Valerie/Nancy were super accessible and helpful! This was such incredible peace of mind during a stressful planning time. At the actual wedding reception, the Paradise Catering staff constantly checked in with me (the bride) to see if I had everything that I needed to eat and drink. They made me feel like a princess!

I would MOST strongly recommend Paradise Catering!! I wish I could have another event in the Carmel Valley area just to work with them again!!

Gillian · Married on 10/22/2016

Paradise Catered our wedding on 10/22/2016, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice! From the start, Nancy and John were communicative and helpful, making recommendation and going out of their way to make our wedding dinner what we wanted. The tasting was really fun - all the food we tried was amazing, and the only difficulty we had working with Paradise was that it was hard to pick what we wanted for our dinner, because everything tasted so good! We ended up going with family style serving, and had Paradise do a fiesta dinner for our rehearsal dinner as well - the food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful, Paradise staff are awesome and helped everything run smoothly, and took extra good care of my husband and I. We felt so well taken care of by Paradise, were so happy with our food, and had many guests tell us that the food was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Last comment, was we always felt that the price was reasonable, and whenever we wanted to add anything, we felt like we were getting a deal - the value was really good. Overall, I can't recommend Paradise more highly!

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

Paradise not only had amazing food but their service and friendliness was unprecedented. They did a live grill for my wedding and brunch the next day. Both were absolutely delicious with fresh produce from their farm. Usually they say the bride doesn't eat on her wedding day but I literally couldn't resist and was so full because I couldn't stop eating the dinner food!!!

Michaela · Married on 09/18/2016

By far our best decision for our wedding was to go with Paradise Catering as our caterers. We were married 9/18/16 at Holman Ranch and our wedding guests are still telling us we had the best wedding food they've ever tasted! Not only is the food absolutely delicious, but the presentation was also beautiful (something I really valued!)

Holman Ranch highly recommends Paradise, so we decided to trust them and book, even before our tasting. During our tasting with Paradise Catering, my family and now husband couldn't believe how AMAZING the food was. We were SO happy we choose Paradise! John and Nancy, the owners, are fantastic-- so kind, genuine, and incredible chefs. We loved learning that most, if not all, of the veggies and other ingredients in their food, was from their very own garden! Our captain for the wedding night (and who I was mostly in communication with throughout the wedding planning process) was Ashley, who was a complete joy to work with. Multiple people have told me how sweet she was at the wedding! She got our guests through the live grill buffet line in a timely and professional manner. Everything was flawless from setting up the dining tables, cocktail hour appetizers (on a display table and passed), the bar, dinner service, the delicious food, our ice cream bar (such a fun and yummy option they offer for dessert!) and coffee service. I couldn't imagine any better food or people to work with on our wedding day. We had the tri-tip, salmon and butternut squash risotto for dinner, along with the wedding salad. It was unbelievably good!! People went back for seconds :) Everyone raved about the bacon wrapped shrimp we had at cocktail hour.

We only wish there were leftovers so we could still be enjoying the food! :)

Matthew · Married on 09/03/2016

Nancy and Ashley are quite amazing to work with . They have provided 5-Star service from the very first phone call I made to the last to-go box Ashley packed for us. The short ribs, chicken and waffles and the Jala Bac Mac-N-Cheese were the hits of the day. Our guests repeatedly mentioned that this is the best food they've eaten. Nancy also catered our rehearsal dinner and the day after family dinner. The food the entire weekend was exquisite. Thank you for making sure we were well fed. It was quite special that you had an individual plate of appetizers and drinks waiting for us just after the ceremony on the private patio and for making sure were were well taken care of the entire weekend. We were also very happy to have Emily join in!

Thank you so much!!

Amelia · Married on 08/27/2016

Paradise Catering is the best wedding food I have ever had (and many of our guests told us the same thing). The food is so original and fresh, everyone who works there is amazing, and they are incredibly professional and organized on the day of the event. They made sure my husband and I were the first to be served and kept checking on us the entire night to make sure we had everything we needed. Every piece of food I had was perfect. We also had them do late night snacks (highly recommend the jalapeno bacon mac and cheese grilled cheese sandwiches) and brunch food for the next morning, and those were both just as amazing. Seriously, you can't go wrong using Paradise Catering. One of our favorite vendors!!

Gabe · Married on 08/13/2016

My fiancee and I are annoying foodies from San Francisco, so when we decided to get married at Gardener Ranch in Carmel Valley instead of Sonoma or Napa we were concerned that we would have to compromise on our catering. We did hours of research and went to a number of tastings. To cut to the punchline, Paradise Catering created the most delicious and unique banquet we have ever had for our wedding in August 2016 - and all at an amazingly affordable price and with professional and fun service. There are not enough superlatives to describe our experience working with Paradise, we’ll try here, but see our more extensive review on yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/paradise-catering-carmel-valley?hrid=GMUEPiF-jKAI7S4eMUAQpA

My fiancee and I had a very specific vision for what we wanted to serve at our wedding. John and Nancy were awesome collaborators with us in designing a menu that blended Eastern and Western influences. Our guests loved our food and like others have said in their reviews of Paradise, if you go with these guys, you are guaranteeing that your guests will be telling you that this was the best wedding food they've ever had. In terms of value, Paradise could easily raise their prices and still be one of the best values in the Carmel region.

Paradise is extremely good at communication. Ashley was easily one of our favorite vendor point persons. Paradise’s contract is also 100% BS-free. Paradise’s customer service matches their day-of service, which was similarly professional and friendly.

Lastly, the intangibles. John, Nancy, Ashley, and the service staff at Paradise put a smile on our face during the whole wedding-planning process. Even though weddings are one-time deals, there was never a single moment when I felt like we were being treated like anything but their most important friends.

• Devon

Devon · Married on 07/15/2016

Nancy, Jon, and Valerie were so wonderful. They prepared three different meals and then we got to have a plate with a sample of everything. They were super accommodating when we told them that we wanted to hold the dinner in an alternative location. Food was wonderful and the staff was really kind and polite. They were also very patient when my husband asked them a lot of *interesting* questions and shared his far-out ideas. ;-) Most importantly, since I was planning our wedding from out of the country, it was really important that they kept in contact with me and were very responsive with their emails. Their professionalism is what won me over. Besides all of that, their menus are fresh, quirky, and delicious.
    I highly recommend this team!

Pamela · Married on 07/09/2016

Paradise did an amazing job catering at our wedding and morning-after brunch. Nancy was a pleasure to work with at every step of the way. The food was simply incredible. We have a lot of foodies in our circle of family and friends, and they were blown away by the quality of the locally-sourced ingredients, the preparation, and the presentation. The paradise staff did an excellent and professional job of serving the food and hor dourves and supporting our event. We had lots of requests for the Paradise contact info. Everyone was so impressed, they want to use them at their next event. Paradise gets an A+.

Sheree · Married on 06/05/2016

My husband and I used Paradise Catering for our wedding this past June at Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley. John and Nancy are amazing to work with! We have been to more weddings than I can count and we have never heard so many people compliment wedding food before. Our guests raved about the food! My husband and I had a pretty large wedding with over 250 guests. We are almost approaching our 6 month anniversary and the first thing people still say to us about our wedding is how delicious the food was. We chose to do a family-style dinner and our guests constantly commented on how beautiful, delicious, and plentiful the food was. A few of our guy friends joked that they never saw an empty serving plate or wine glass because Paradise kept refilling so quickly. Nancy and John make each and every part of the meal look like a work of art. The entire Paradise Team were wonderful to work with through the entire planning process. I cannot recommend them highly enough for the incredible work they do!

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/04/2016

Hiring Paradise Catering was by far the best decision we made when planning our wedding. Not only was the food incredible and loved by all guests but their staff was professional and went above and beyond. They even made cute leftover plates for Matt and I to eat after the wedding!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Paradise Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet words, Kaitlyn! It was such a pleasure working with you and Matt, and so awesome to be a part of your big day!! You two take care!!

Daniece · Married on 05/14/2016

My wedding went so smoothly on account of Paradise. This vendor was such an important part of our wedding and Nancy and Ashley in particular stand out in my mind as such positive, calming, helpful, friendly presences on what can be such a busy, hectic day. They were right there when I needed them, offering an extra appetizer or drink, and faded nicely into the background of a well oiled machine otherwise. Not to mention the food was delicious! Such unique and local offerings and so tasty. You cannot go wrong with this amazing vendor. Thank you for making my wedding day spectacular!

I am not sure where to begin, other than to say, if there was a way to give 10 stars, we would! Paradise Catering was recommended to us as a preferred vendor for our venue, and after working with them, I can see why.
    From the first time we met with Nancy, Jon, and Ashley, we knew we had made the right choice. During our tasting, Nancy's warmth, close attention to detail, and of course, the AMAZING food, made it very clear that we had made the right choice. We planned our wedding from Colorado, so as you can imagine, communication is huge, and the team at Paradise made sure every single one of our questions was answered. On the day of, their ENTIRE team completely nailed it. From our guests' standpoint, the food was delicious, fresh, farm to table, not to mention how many compliments we got on our beautiful it all looked. From our standpoint, we had a team, and more importantly, Ashley, running back and forth in the rain to ensure we had food/drinks the entire time. Their team even packed us plenty of food to take back with us after the wedding! I don't think I can express how much we enjoyed everyone, and Nancy's sweet smile and hug at the very end of the night really made me realize how lucky we got by choosing Paradise! We would HIGHLY recommend them and wish we lived in Carmel so we could use them again for different events :)

We used Nancy’s team from Paradise Catering for our wedding at Holman Ranch (Carmel Valley, CA) in March 2016. We highly recommend them for catering your wedding!

Food
    Paradise served passed appetizers and a live grill with amazing fresh food. The variety and freshness of the dishes were spectacular and our guests were raving about the appetizers and dinner dishes throughout. We heard from several of our guests that it was the best wedding food they ever had, and nearly everybody had a clean plate afterwards (several went back for seconds!).

Services
    Nancy and her assistant, Ashley, were highly attentive to our needs throughout the event and executed flawlessly. We had several last minute requests that they honored and their whole team was supportive throughout the big day. They provided full bartending services, cut and served the wedding cake, and had several other nice touches (iced tea/lemonade before, coffee/hot tea after, s’mores for the fire pit, etc.). It was clear the whole team was experienced with our venue, and we’re incredibly happy with how the whole event went.

We highly encourage you to meet with Nancy’s team and try their food! We highly recommend their services.

Erin · Married on 11/06/2015

The staff at Paradise Catering did an exceptional job in helping us prepare for our wedding and the service at the reception was excellent. They were very flexible with our menu selections and our guests could not stop raving about how delicious the food was! The cocktail hour and dinner ran so smoothly thanks to the professionalism and experience of the entire staff. Thank you to an amazing team!

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2015

I cannot say enough positive and kind things about the staff at Paradise Catering. They were accommodating for all of our 250 guests and even made a few special vegan plates for guests with food preferences. We were able to sample the appetizers, which are delicious, all of them, I promise. They cater a lot of local weddings in the Carmel Valley/Monterey area and every time that I asked friends and family for caterer recommendations, they all told me to go with Paradise Catering. They did not disappoint and the guests were raving about their meals, especially the short ribs!! Thank you to all of the Paradise Catering staff that helped make our wedding amazing.

Sent on 10/14/2015

Paradise Catering's reply:

Lauren- thank you SO much for the wonderful review!! It was such a pleasure working with you all- your families and friends are all so nice!! We really appreciate you taking the time to write those kind words. We hope to see you again someday!! We wish you guys all the best!! Cheers! -Paradise Team
  • Z

Zoila · Married on 09/19/2015

Jon and Nancy, are very unique in their food offerings. Our guest could not stop talking about how amazing the appetizers were during our cocktail reception and dinner was outstanding.

Their staff is very professional, friendly and responsive.

As soon as Nancy and her team arrived to Holman Ranch for our wedding, her and Ashely came straight to my room that I was getting ready in and asked if I needed anything before they got started preparing our appetizers and dinner.

Jon, Nancy and the team are experts in what they do and highly recommend them for all your catering needs.

Sent on 09/29/2015

Paradise Catering's reply:

Zoila, Thank you SO much for your wonderful review. Nancy, Conrad and I just read it together, and it just made our day!!! We're so glad that you all enjoyed everything. The Paradise team thoroughly enjoyed putting together all of the details, and making it all happen for you guys!! You and Scott take care, and we hope to see you again sometime in the future! Best, Ashley

I feel awful it's taken me this long to review these guys - they were absolutely a joy to work with and completely integral to the success of our wedding. Every single person at Paradise Catering is completely wonderful. Ashley, who held our hand through the whole process and dealt with increasingly discombobulated/frantic emails from me as the day grew closer, is a complete delight - one of the sweetest people I've ever met. John and Nancy are both kind, genuine, utterly professional, genius chefs who knew the venue and made great suggestions as far as where and how to set things up, and were game to try some new stuff we requested.

On the day itself, they handled everything perfectly, adapting to unforeseen hiccups like champs and putting out food that was on time, totally gorgeous, and amazingly delicious. Conrad Geronimo (best name ever) was our bartender, and was universally beloved. And he somehow managed to run the bar perfectly and still sense whenever either of our drinks were getting low and magically appear with refills throughout the whole night. It was amazing. Along with him and Ashley was another server whose name I've sadly forgotten, who was also totally terrific and lovely. They were all truly amazing - going out of their way to make sure we were happy each and every moment. Also, we were so exhausted on the day of that we weren't able to eat very much, but they left us two ENORMOUS takeout containers, and we feasted happily with our friends for the next couple days. Everyone involved in Paradise Catering is so incredibly thoughtful, so completely genuine, so truly invested in the people whose weddings they cater, this is such a special company. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Paradise Catering's reply:

Morgan, Thank you SO SO much for your incredible review. It made me tear up!! We are beyond thrilled to hear that you all enjoyed everything as much as you did; that's what we strive for!! Bride & groom's like you two, are what keep us going & remind ourselves of why we do we what we do :) We wish you two nothing but the very best, and hope to maybe see you guys again someday! Let us know if you're ever in the area, Jon & Nancy would love to cook for you again!! Take care :) -Ashley