Paper Fling Reviews

50 | Kirkland, WA

50 Reviews for Paper Fling

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Carlee · Married on 07/29/2017

If you want great service and fabulous invitations Paper Fling is the way to go! You can either order from one of there books from other vendors or you can make a custom invitation through them. Each member of there stuff is super creative and have so many great ideas. They not only did our wedding invitations but they are also doing our table numbers, programs and thank you notes. They have great prices and you will certainly walk away happy!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Mindy · Married on 10/09/2010

We hadn't planned on getting custom invitations, but we were having a difficult time finding invitiations that fit our wedding style. A trip to Paper Fling changed that. With the help of shop owner Ruth, we designed our own invitiations. They were great to work with and the end result was perfect!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Adrienne · Married on 08/09/2008

Ruth at Paper Fling is so helpful, and she can literally create your dream invitation for you! We searched high and low for the perfect image of a Ranunculus, and when it was found, it looked so beautiful on our invitations. They were very reasonably priced, and she even has an option to have an "Invite Yourself" Party. This is where you come into her store with friends and assemble the invites together. It's so fun, and you save 10% that way.

Go check out her store and have fun browsing all of the fun invitation and paper samples!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Ruth was wonderful to work with. She was helpful throughout the entire process. I would happily recommend their services to a friend.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Beautiful invitations! Ruth even designed a custom plane that my fiance flies. Everyone has complemented the design.

Sent on 06/05/2013

My mom and I absolutely loved working with Ruth! She provided wonderful options for design, paper stock, printing method, etc. She was very responsive and helpful! She turned the escort cards around incredibly fast and made a few last minute changes for us.

Sent on 08/21/2013

Amy · Married on 02/16/2013

Ruth and Aubrey at Paper Fling are fantastic. I did all of my wedding stationary with them - from Save the Dates to all my reception stationary. I really wasn't very sure what I wanted at all during my first consultation there, but they gave me direction without being pushy at all. They let me take my time to look through everything to figure out what I liked and didn't like. I did custom Save the Dates, which turned out beautifully and then did letterpress for my invitations. You can really customize all the stationary however you want and the girls at Paper Fling make sure it happens exactly to how you like. I would highly recommend them for all your stationary needs and I know I will go back for any of my future events!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Liz · Married on 08/18/2012

Aubrey from Paper Fling was great to work with! My invitations turned out fabulous. They are a great venor to work with since the invitations can be completely customized.

Sent on 06/19/2012

Steph · Married on 08/11/2012

I was very happy with our invitations from Paper Fling. I was glad to find a business where you can actually look at real examples in front of you, instead of guessing how something will look after seeing it online. They really helped guide me through the tons of invites and fonts, and were very patient while I took forever deciding. I got a lot of compliments on how nice the invites were. Now I am upcycling the extra ones to make thank you cards, and I bet people will like those too!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Christy · Married on 07/06/2012

The whole Paper Fling team was awesome! They help use figure out what fit our taste and style. The consultants were professional and very helpful and offered practical advice along the way. Thank you Paper Fling!!

Sent on 08/11/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/11/2006

Convier Design was great! We worked with them to create a totally new invitation with an idea that I had in mind. It turned out so much better than I could have imagined! We were also able to come in and assemble them ourselves which was a lot of fun and saved us a little money. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a custom invitation!

Sent on 06/19/2008

Ruth was great to work with. She worked with me to come up with really lovely invites, and when there were problems with some of the invites, she fixed those problems very quickly. We were very pleased with the stationary for our wedding and very happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 12/17/2013

Gaila · Married on 04/12/2008

3.5

We loved the invitations we got from Ruth. The designs were great, and the discount for assembling them ourselves made them very affordable. The only little problem I had was that it took her a little long sometimes with sending us samples/proofs. Her selection and flexibility made it very worth the wait, though.

Sent on 01/21/2009

3.0

Ruth created beautiful custom work - I never felt like I was picking from a template. She's extremely flexible which was really important to me - especially with so many other things going on. Having that extra support when and how I needed it was worth the price.

Sent on 08/01/2013

They did a beautiful job on our invitations and really worked with us to get exactly what we wanted. After looking through the books, my fiance and I loved a letterpress design, but the cost was more than we wanted to spend. Aubrey worked with us to create a custom design very similar to the letterpress one, but even better (and more personal to us) for a fraction of the cost. They also regularly run specials, so I was able to get all of my addresses and return addresses printed for free, saving us A LOT of time and money. I had many compliments from guests on them who said they were beautiful and fit us perfectly.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Our invitations were somewhat customized so using the cheapest online option wasn't the best fit. We decided to visit Paper Fling (no appointment) to see what they had to offer. Ruth greeted us and right away sat down with us to discuss what we were looking for and gave us great suggestions. We went in a second time to actually make the purchase and it went just as smoothly. Paper fling is responsive via e-mail as well. We appreciated all their help and suggestions and would recommend them

Sent on 09/25/2012

Araceli · Married on 05/26/2013

4.2

Ruth is very nice and helpful, when I first met with her her knowledge and willingness is what got her my business.

Sent on 04/04/2013

Kathy · Married on 08/23/2017

3.5

I loved the invitations. Ruth, was professional and timely in all aspects. A little expensive for 25 invitations; but I was very satisfied with the invitations.

Sent on 09/06/2017

2.5

Paper Fling does create beautiful invitations and has great, fast customer service.
    However, I wasn't so thrilled that my invitations had an undisclosed "made by hand" margin of error that affected far more than not of my invitations - ie If you have a design that uses two different printing styles and relies heavily on the placement of your printing being exact - it most likely won't be on most of the prints.
    They were more than willing to work with me on a refund that was suitable for such (as there was no time for a re-print), but that didn't fix me feeling bad for sending out "less than perfect" invitations to my guests when I had invested so much time (with adjusting/approving proofs) and (not to mention) money into them looking "just so".

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/26/2010

3.0

When looking for designs for my wedding invitations I spent months looking for ideas online first but I was still unsure. I really wanted to be able to feel the quality of the paper and see the printed ink before spending hundreds of dollars. I first went to Paper Source in Bellevue. Their store was beautiful, but when I asked for help with invitations they pointed at a huge stack of gigantic books full of invitations. Not quite the help I was looking for. After about 15 minutes of being overwhelmed and trying to find a place to set this 10 pound book of paper, we left.

I ended up going to Paper Fling with my fiance and one of my bridesmaids. Even though we had no appointment, Ruth immediately sat us down and started working with us. I told her what I wanted and she brought out the perfect book of examples. I found what I was looking for in less then five minutes. Ruth was great to work with and she helped us pick font styles, wording, etc. My proofs were emailed in PDF format to me within a week, and my invitations arrived at the store two weeks after that. Smooth, efficient service with a smile!

I definitely recommend buying your invitations from a wonderful store like this as opposed to just buying them online! There is definitely a price, though. For 75 invitations with folds, pockets, and heavy paper it ran us about $600. But being totally satisfied with the end product? Priceless!

Sent on 07/11/2010

Torrey · Married on 05/28/2005

3.5

We ran into a few issues throughout the whole process, but overall Ruth was great to work with and really helped us get what we wanted in the end.

Sent on 02/07/2008

Danette · Married on 06/27/2010

2.2
      2.0

I should have known when it was located at Country Village that it would be a bit spendy. It was! I decided to make my own instead.

Sent on 07/19/2010

ken · Married on 06/30/2011

2.0

Would definitely not recommend Paper Fling for wedding invitations. Main reasons I would not use them again:
    1) Paper quality of their invitations are not acceptable. They use economy paper that looks very thin and makes guests think “cheap.” They had other paper options available but those would take 2-3 months to receive - we needed our invitations in 2-3 weeks.
    2) Paper Fling did not offer us physical print samples – this makes it very difficult to visualize what the invitations will end up looking like. Some of the better invitation companies offer physical print samples – Paper Fling would not.
    3) Digital sample – they charge $17 for each digital sample. Again, I’m not sure why sending me a pdf with the wedding invite text would cost $17. And each time we wanted to change a word, we were told it would be another $17 for another digital sample. This made us feel like we were being nickel and dimed.
    4) Customer service – when we tried to speak to our Paper Fling rep about some of our concerns, they were not interested in addressing our concerns to make things “right”. That’s too bad because we still needed menus, program & placeholder cards and they lost our business there – we went somewhere else for those things.

On the plus side, they delivered on schedule. However, given our overall experience with Paper Fling I would not recommend them to other engaged couples.

Sent on 05/11/2012

Paper Fling's reply:

First of all, to the reviewer, we are so sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience - we try hard to provide all of our clients with an excellent experience and product.

To be clear about some of the comments, we offer quite a few different options for invitations. This client needed a budget invitation in a quick turn around so they ordered out of a budget album that we no longer carry as we have stopped carrying the national budget lines that you can find online in lieu of more boutique albums and custom designs. All of our invitations do offer proofs, however, some of our more budget friendly lines do charge for proofs as a way to cover their costs of creating a PDF and going through a proofing process.

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2018

0.6
      0.5

Ruth sent the wrong proof to print, after I had requested she correct a grammatical error. The error was corrected in my final proof and present on the finished product. The thought of sending wedding invitations with such a glaring grammatical error makes me physically I'll, yet I don't have a choice thanks to timing. The invitations she sent were lovely, but the professionalism leaves MUCH to be desired.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Matthew · Married on 06/23/2017

0.4
      0.5

Poor communication, customer service, and final product. My fiancee made it clear she wanted gold font during her initial consult yet our invitations arrived with a dull gray font. Ruth had promised a physical proof of concept invitation but instead, we were only ever sent digital proofs. Maybe if Ruth had lived up to her end of the bargain we would have seen that she decided to make design decisions on her own accord. Once Ruth has your business she is almost impossible to get a hold of. So if you have any complaints, get ready to have nobody but your unsatisfied SO to voice them to.

Also, if you're Canadian, get ready to be charged with a huge customs/import fee. Ruth promised she had dealt with Canadian customers before and that there were no extra fees that were charged. When UPS arrived at my door they were asking for $200 in extra fees. When we asked Ruth if she had declared the value of the package she told us she hadn't. Yet somehow UPS knew the exact price we paid for her services. I guess UPS must be mind readers.

I'm completely unsatisfied and wish I had gone with somebody else for my wedding invitations.

Sent on 03/23/2017