Palos Verdes Golf Club Reviews

Palos Verdes Golf Club 5
Palos Verdes Golf Club 6
  • Sahar

Sahar T · Married on 04/06/2019

Book your wedding reception here, you will not regret it!

One of the best decisions I made was having my reception at Palos Verdes Golf Club. The ceremony was nearby at Wayfarers Chapel. Jordan is amazing and was such a great help along the way. I hope she stays at PV Golf Club for a long time because she is the reason everything went so smoothly, every bride needs a Jordan lol :) The food is amazing, my guests loved it all. They are so organized and the staff was wonderful too, from the servers to the bartenders to the young men greeting guests at the door, I was beyond impressed. You will not regret having your reception here and what a view!

Sent on 04/30/2019

Palos Verdes Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Sahar. All of us at Palos Verdes Golf Club were thrilled to be a part of your very special day. We wish you all happiness for a long happy life together.

Mary Kelliny · Married on 12/02/2018

Exceptonal Venue and staff

The PV Golf Club's staff was absolutely amazing. We could not ask for a better venue for our event. Everything was perfect and exactly as how we discussed. Every detailed was attended to and especially on the day before and day of the event. Thank you PVGC!!!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Palos Verdes Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the kudos Mary! It was an absolute pleasure partnering with you on your special event and we're delighted to hear that everything was perfect!

Melissa · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Venue in Southern California

When we were looking for venues in the Palos Verdes area, we knew this was the place as soon as we walked in. The garden ceremony area has an amazing view and is ringed with beautiful white roses, the Spanish-style building is gorgeous, the interiors for the reception and 'get ready' spaces are spacious and comfortable, and there was ample parking for our guests. When we went for the food tasting, everything was delicious. And Jordan, the event coordinator, was amazing. She was really friendly and helpful, and worked well with our 'day of' coordinator. When we had a few last minute guest additions and needed to change to a bigger room for the reception, it was handled without incident. Our guests all commented on how beautiful everything was and how good the food was. I would highly recommend them for any event in the area - I can't think of any part of the day that wasn't perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Palos Verdes Golf Club's reply:

Thank you SO much for the kind review Melissa! I'm so glad our team was able to make your big day extra special! Thank you for choosing Palos Verdes Golf Club and for allowing us all to be a part of your wedding day. Wishing you and Hector a lifetime of happiness. Please keep in touch and share photos soon!

Lyn · Married on 08/20/2016

Palos Verdes Golf Club is an excellent wedding reception venue. It is very private, cozy, beautiful outside and outside and they did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding. We are so pleased with the service. Food was great and the servers were very pleasant and professional. The catering staff were very flexible, friendly, helpful and professional. We had a small wedding party but they made a great job in organizing and the area where we were. I would highly recommend them for weddings and parties.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Palos Verdes Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed working with you in making Tiffany and Brian's Wedding Day extraordinary!

Lyman · Married on 09/06/2015

From the moment we drove up to Palos Verdes Golf Club, I knew this was the place I wanted to get married. After walking through the space and meeting the staff, I was sold. The outdoor ceremony space is beautiful with sweeping views of the ocean, Malibu, and even downtown. The main reception hall has floor-to-ceiling windows with the same view. As my Dad said, "it's a wow!" The food at PVGC is excellent and the portion sizes are very generous. The staff, notably Wendy and Jordan, were there every step of the way to help us plan our wedding and make sure things went smoothly the day of. They helped our wedding We highly recommend PVGC as a wedding venue to everyone!

Sent on 09/27/2015

Palos Verdes Golf Club is truly a breathtaking venue. Jordan, one of the wedding coordinators there is an absolute dream to work with. The views, the venue building with its Spanish architecture, the food, the service... Everything is 5 star. As noted in a previous review, the venue is all inclusive and is the best value compared to other venues in the LA area. Every guest at our wedding was blown away and commented on how expensive the wedding must have been. They even let me have sparklers to end the night. You will it be disappointed if you choose PVGC!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Renee · Married on 04/27/2014

The Palos Verdes Golf Club served as a SPECTACULAR setting for our wedding. Its staff is exceptional, and thanks to their professionalism, our day exuded class, breathtaking aesthetics, fun -- and served up an array of delectable culinary delights.

What makes the venue even more incredible is that it's all-inclusive service was SO affordable. Our wedding looked like it cost double what we actually spent, and that's value you can't calculate.

In short, it's a stunning venue, offering ocean views, as well as acres of beautiful, lush greenery and trees; a venue with a friendly, professional, accommodating staff, who will make sure to give you day that will exceed all expectations.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 02/16/2014

Our parents live two blocks away from the club, so my boyfriend and I came here quite a few times for family brunches, and we always love the beautiful ocean view and easy parking situation. I have to admit that when I first visited this place, I already dreamed about having my wedding here at the cute wooden gazebo on the beautiful grass overlooking the ocean and I am so glad my dream actually came true.

Every staff here is very friendly and helpful and our venue/catering coordinator Valerie is exceptional. She is always so accommodating to every special request from us and patiently dealt with all the changes I made during the planning process, and trust me my husband and I changed back and forth a lot just to make our parents happy...

So why spend so much more at Terranea and Trump, when you can get the same oceanview, easier parking, and the most importantly a LOT more privacy at the PV golf club with a LOT less money? To this day, our guests still couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the venue is! My favorite part is their bridal suite and the beautiful scenery for photo-shoot. Give Valerie a call and then pay them a visit, I promise you will instantly fall in love with it! =)

Sent on 10/08/2014

I LOVED my venue. They were very helpful, and were the perfect place for a wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 10/28/2012

If you are looking for the perfect Los Angeles venue, with views of the city and the coastline, Palos Verdes Golf Club is the place. After visiting PVGC, my husband and I knew this was where our special day would happen. And after 9 months of work, with Wendy and her staff, our day was perfect. From the food, to the ceremony site, to the picturesque view everything was more than we ever could have expected. Our family and friends enjoyed every minute of the day and we couldn't have done it without PVGC.

Sent on 12/02/2012
  • User2420604 · 2+ years ago

This venue is so gorgeous, at first I assumed that I couldn't afford it. But the event planners Wendy and Valerie were fantastic and worked with us to make it affordable for us. We got married on a beautiful, sunny afternoon in October. We could see the ocean from the ceremony garden. They have a bridal tower where the bride and bridesmaids can get dressed and do hair and makeup. And they brought a huge platter of cheese and fruit and bottled water and sodas for lunch. There is another room that we were able to use for the groom and groomsmen to get ready. There's plenty of free parking. The food is amazing!! Huge portions and delicious. We got lots of complements on the food. The staff is friendly, attentive and professional. The ceremony garden, bar area and ballroom are all beautiful. During the cocktail hour, they drove us on golf cart to take pictures at the lagoon on the golf course. The venue exceeded all my expectations.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Collette · Married on 09/14/2012

I recently had the wedding of my dreams on Friday, and I have to say my experience with the Palos Verdes Golf Club was more than amazing. I booked my wedding about 5 months in advance, and worked with Wendy - who was wonderful at being flexible with all my quarky requests. Being a wedding planner myself, I had a vision in my head on how to transform their already beautiful venue into something personal for me - and I was met with nothing but enthusiasm and helpfulness. The price of the venue is very competitive, and they have a range of very nice items on hand for their brides to use which ends up saving a fortune. The food was absolutely OUTSTANDING, and many of my guests commented it was the best meal they had in quite some time. The set up staff was unbelievably attentive, professional and nothing less than perfect. I have very high standards - but i have to say that when I walked down the aisle and saw my vision a reality after the staff set it all up...I burst into tears of joy because it was so overwhelmingly beautiful. I would recommend this venue to ANY bride, at any price range because the possiblities are endless and the service is beyond compare. I cannot rave enough about my wonderful experience with PVGC, and give enourmous thanks to Wendy, Valerie, Jose and Mario and their staff for all of their hard work on an outdoor wedding on a blistering hot day - but it was well appreciated, I assure you.

Sent on 09/19/2012

Sara · Married on 09/09/2012

My husband Dylan and I got married on Sunday, 9/9/12 at the beautiful Palos Verdes Golf Club. This venue is in the most prime location and was perfect for both our ceremony and reception to be held here. Before we decided on this venue, we looked at about 5 or 6 places but still didn't find a place that had everything on our wish list. However, once we met with the Palos Verdes Golf Club staff and toured the venue, we knew this was the place for us. We worked with Wendy Young and Valerie Sena and from our initial visit to our food tasting to the day before the wedding, all of our expectations were met AND exceeded with the amazing service, food and professionalism of the entire staff. We planned our wedding in about 11 months and it was an easy, seamless process with the help of thorough planning from Wendy and Valerie. On the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids and I had access to the beautiful bridal tower for the whole day. We were showered with beverages, champagne, fruits, cheese platters and anything else we wanted. We had 102 guests at our wedding and everyone was so pleased with the service and food. The staff at PVGC is so accommodating that after our grand exit at 11:00 PM, my in-laws got stranded at the venue since their car wouldn't start. Jose, the manager of the wait staff, drove them to the hotel where all of our guests were staying. We are so thankful for him and the entire staff for making our day so perfect and amazing. I could gush about this place all day long. If you want the most for your money, please go see Wendy or Valerie and take a tour around this gorgeous venue. I wish we could get married here all over again!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Ansel · Married on 12/24/2009

The venue has stunning views, it looks like it has been recently renovated. All my interactions with the staff were positive looks like they've not only upgraded the buildings but also the administration.

Sent on 12/02/2010
  • Katherine

Kristin and Jason · Married on 01/09/2016

Jordan was wonderful! The venue is beautiful, old-world elegance from the big beams and 1920s feel to the amazing views from the garden and ballroom. It is off the beaten path while still being accessible to So Cal. They can host events from 20 to 300 people so they would be perfect for intimate as well as larger gatherings. Our wedding had 95 guests, which felt very comfortable, with plenty of room to dance and enjoy space while still having a very intimate feeling. We were worried it would feel large, but once our guests arrived, it felt like home. They worked with my food allergies as well as my maid of honor's, and were very accommodating when it came to having an indoor backup as well as outdoor ceremony site. They had rooms for both me and my husband to get ready in, with snacks included! We added meat skewers to our order to make sure the girls didn't starve, which was reasonably priced. Everyone said the steak and salmon were fantastic! One snaffoo was that the ceremony was moved inside without my consent because it started to drizzle and they had not ordered enough chairs, but my DOC and Jordan moved them back outside along with umbrelllas from their other patio for our guests. Everyone said they were so glad we did it in the rain, as it was ethereal and unforgettable! Guests warmed themselves by the fire during cocktail hour and enjoyed some legitimate libations from the bartender. Also, we were offered house wine instead our requested, but ultimately we were able to have a few bottles of what we wanted and the remaining ones were taken off of the bill for their mistake. Also, Valerie was there the day of, but when I asked Jordan, who was also there, to take the lead, she did and the rest of the day went smoothly. Overall, miniscule issues that were rightfully resolved, and we all considered the event to be an absolute success. We were so pleased with how everything went and would absolutely host another event there. Thank you!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/27/2015

Palos Verdes Golf Club was only one of 3 venues I looked at. I knew right away that this was the place! Beautiful view, good food, ceremony and reception space all in one place, and relatively flexible to our needs and wants!

We were able to have the food we wanted (a duet of sea bass and filet mignon) and sub out what we didn't want for what we did (mix veggies instead of green beans), have the alcohol we wanted from their distributor's list (including margaritas and mojitos!), the additional vendors for flowers and photography (as opposed to selecting from a list!), and we were able to have a cigar bar, too!

There were also no surprises or hidden costs. All was upfront and made clear. With any question or concern, we were answered right away. We never felt unsure or stressed.

I worked mostly with Jordan. She was super responsive to our emails and was always flexible and amenable. She helped us to make the wedding of our dream! Example: in the 20 minutes that we decided on the date and Jordan went to put it in the calendar, another coordinator booked the same date. Jordan was apologetic and offered us another weekend at a slightly discounted prices for our "troubles." When we wanted to "curate" our beer selection, Jordan was happy to contact PVGC's bartender and beer distributors to help us find the beer we wanted. When the groom's suite was being used for another event, she offered us an alternative space and then gave the guys beer and food for free...again, because of our "troubles." She knows how to keep clients happy!

Given other options in the South Bay (Terranea, Trump Golf Course...), we were able to have the same view and look/feel without paying our entire life's savings. Loved it!

Sent on 07/24/2015
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 10/05/2012

I was planning a Los Angeles, CA destination wedding all the way from Syracuse, NY so time was not on my side. I flew out to LA in January and had literally three days to pick a venue. We looked at approximately 5/6 places and PVGC wound up very easily in the top 3. Although there were pros and cons to each, I could not shake the feeling I had when walk down the aisle in the ceremony space and looked out over the golf course which was directly behind the alter... it was absolutely stunning. It had me at hello. I had looked a number of places... from Trump to The Terranea Resort, but you just can't beat the intimacy and beauty of this venue for the price. We had a plated lunch and three appetizers. All of our guests really enjoyed the food and thought the appetizers were very tasty! PVGC even helped me with my custom signature drink... a true hit!! My wedding coordinator and I worked with Wendy Young and Valerie Sena. Both were very nice and extremely, helpful along the way. PVGC was also very flexible with each request, and worked hard to make sure my every need and expectation was met. For beauty, intimacy, and comfort and a marginal cost... this is truly a diamond in the rough!! You have to see it to believe it!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Angel · Married on 07/07/2012

What a beautiful venue! Peter was great to work with! He was super nice, attentive, and flexible to work with. The venue is well kept and beautiful. The food was great, I recommend the sea bass, it was truly delicious. I had such a fun time at my wedding. Thank you pvgc!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Andrea · Married on 05/11/2016

3.5

Even though we decided not to go with this venue, they provided us with great service. After requesting pricing, they got back to me quickly. They were able to set up an appointment for my fiance and I on a short notice. Jackie met up with us on a Saturday afternoon and carefully reviewed all the packages they had available. We worked with us to create a custom package that would suit our needs and our budget.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Diane · Married on 09/03/2011

I grew up in Palos Verdes so it was very special to have my wedding here. It is a gorgeous venue with the lush green golf course, Spanish Renaissance architecture of the Club House, and beautiful views of the South Bay coastline. The packages they offer include the alcohol, appetizers, meal, and cake so it is one stop shopping. My cake was from Torrance Bakery and it was incredible (marble cake was the best). My catering contact was Diane who was very professional and made all things good when there was a few whoops moments. When taking wedding pictures you get to go down to the golf course in a cart and the backdrops are really beautiful. And the Bridal tower above the clubhouse is really fun to get ready in. Overall, our wedding day was "perfect".

Sent on 06/05/2012

H · Married on 05/27/2012

3.5

The Golf Club delivered on the day of the wedding. Everything was flawless. Amazing food, great service, and perfect weather ;) They accommodated our every request and were very flexible with what we asked for. Everything was set up on time and looked great. They had a gorgeous spread of snacks in the bridal room for all the girls getting ready. Appetizers were delicious and dinner was incredible. We got tons of compliments on everything and we highly recommend using this venue.

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/11/2012

4.2
      3.5

We got married at the PVGC this August. The weather was perfect, and there are so many incredible photo opportunities at this venue. The staff made everything run smoothly, and they accommodated us to make everything exactly how we wanted.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Nicki · Married on 10/29/2016

3.8
      3.5

Overall I would say we loved our wedding venue. They have packages there so it made it more affordable. I didn't want to pick our silverware and tables they had all that along with colored linens so it made it nice. Plus the view overlooking the city and ocean was beautiful. The reception area with the all the natural light looking over the golf course was wonderful as well. Everything was great from the food to the servers only thing is I would have hired a day of wedding planner on my own to be there from start to finish. The venue gives you a 'day of planner' who does assist you throughout the planning process but they are not there the entire time on the day of and we found out mid way through our reception. Had I known that I would have hired my own day of planner just to have someone there towards the end of the evening and for the details that fell through on our day. Overall though it was a great day and something I will never forget.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Susan · Married on 12/03/2017

0.4
      0.5

This is not a venue that you want to trust with your special occasion. The staff is incompetent and rude. They ruined a large event by failing to provide the room set up as promised, "misplacing" our specialty linens, neglecting to schedule a staff person who could respond to issues and actually have a copy of the banquet order on hand during set up, and served the wrong food to a guest with a severe food allergy, despite the Banquet order specifically identifying the allergy and the table and name of the guest with the allergy. The incompetence of the staff required us to make overtime payments to our other vendors and resulted in our not having the floral arrangements fully in place for the reception. Be warned. Take your business elsewhere. Even after bringing these issues and more to the attention of Donna Myers, their Banquet Manager, the club offered no recompense. In fact, she refused to even acknowledge the disaster. If you have a choice, do not book at this venue.

Sent on 02/13/2018