Palmetto Strings Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Maggie S. Married on 06/04/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Palmetto Strings were fantastic!

We booked a string duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was absolutely perfect. We were able to pick every song we wanted to hear and Lauren was a pleasure to work with.
  • Meg
    Meg Y. Married on 11/06/2021

Beautiful!!

One of my favorite parts of my wedding day was the strings! They did a beautiful job and worked well with my coordinator. We had so many compliments on how lovely the strings were!! Definitely recommend

Palmetto Strings's reply:

Thank you so much Meg for your kind words! I'm glad you all and the guests enjoyed the music! Congratulations and best wishes to you both!!
  • Colleen
    Colleen G. Married on 05/14/2021

Highlight of the ceremony

My sister set up the surprise “Love Actually” ending at the end of my wedding ceremony with Palmetto Strings, working with them and my planner without my husband and I having a clue! They pulled off an amazing surprise with 5 choir singers, 4 musicians, and my sister popping up with the trombone. It was incredible. I was crying happy tears of shock and pure happiness and was overwhelmed by it all. They were amazing!! It was certainly one of the biggest highlights of the night!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Krystle
    Krystle Married on 10/10/2020

Beautiful Music!

We chose a string trio for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. They played beautifully and I loved their contemporary selection that they played during our cocktail hour. Last minute, I decided to arrange two songs for the ceremony that are not on their list and Lauren worked with me to make sure I got what I wanted! I highly recommend them to add a touch of beautiful, elegant music to your wedding day.
  • Claudia
    Claudia Married on 09/30/2020

Must Have!

We just held a micro wedding/reception and it would not have felt as magical without having Lauren and her team present. Communication during the initial wedding planning/COVID rescheduling/COVID rescheduling part 2, was always prompt, professional and above and beyond accommodating. During our celebration, Lauren and team wore masks and were distant from the handful of guests we had and their beautiful sounds carried through cocktail hour and dinner. It was an absolute pleasure to work with them. Thank you Palmetto Strings, for making our day!
  • Kristen
    Kristen P. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazingly Beautiful Sound

Palmetto Strings played at our wedding at The Gadsden House for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The trio sounded absolutely beautiful! During our cocktail hour they played a pop/rock playlist and all of our guests commented on how fun and beautiful they sounded. The ceremony music was also amazing! I highly recommend Palmetto Strings to play at any event!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 07/18/2020

Highly Recommended

We hired a cello/violin duo for our daughter's wedding, and could not have been more pleased.

Lauren was extremely responsive to inquiries and questions. I requested a song not in their repertoire and was quoted a very reasonable price.

Our coordinator goofed and started sending the wedding party down during the groom's song. The duo adjusted quickly and handled it like the pros they were.

I highly recommend Palmetto Strings for their talent, price and professionalism. You won't be disappointed.
    Erin E. Married on 02/22/2020

Amazing! Thank you!

Palmetto Stings played for my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour at Lowndes Grove and they were phenomenal! Being in the wedding industry, you can imagine that I have seen and worked with so many vendors so picking the right vendors for us was our hardest decision throughout the wedding planning process. They were very professional throughout the process with response time and answering any questions we had. I would HIGHLY recommend Palmetto Strings for any event!
    Madison H. Married on 02/15/2020

Beautiful ceremony music!

Palmetto Strings was the perfect touch to our wedding ceremony! I was looking for a strings duet to play at our ceremony and they were one of the easiest vendors to work with during our wedding planning. They provided a sample list of songs which made it extremely easy to select the songs I wanted. I was even able to make a last minute song addition a week before the wedding and they didn’t hesitate to add it to the list. Thank you for the amazing performance!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth F. Married on 01/11/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect for our ceremony!

We chose a string trio for our ceremony and our cocktail hour. They played beautifully and I loved their contemporary selection that they played during our cocktail hour. I decided on traditional music for our ceremony. I highly recommend and Lauren was amazing to work with and wanted to make sure they provided exactly what I wanted! Thank you!!

Palmetto Strings's reply:

We're so glad you enjoyed our music and it was wonderful working with you all!! Best wishes to you and Nathan!!
  • Evans
    Evans C. Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful music!

I was late in coordinating music for my wedding and Lauren could not have been easier to work with! She immediately sent over some options and a quote and we went with a cellist and violinist. I appreciated that she sent along a large list of music options and suggestions to make the process even easier. The music was beautiful!
  • Lauren
    Lauren H. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Performers!

We recently worked with Palmetto Strings for our October 2019 wedding in DeBordieu. From start to finish, they were professional and super easy to work with. Lauren was so responsive throughout the entire planning process and made everything as easy as possible.

The day of the wedding we were thrown a curveball with a tropical storm blowing through, but the string trio was flexible and still provided the best music! We hired them for the ceremony and cocktail hour. They even agreed to stay an extra thirty minutes for the extended cocktail hour due to the weather.

I would 100% recommend working with Palmetto Strings for your wedding!

Palmetto Strings's reply:

Thanks for your kind words Lauren and we're glad we could be a part of our wedding day! Our trio really enjoyed performing for everyone! Best wishes to you both!

Lauren
    Hayley P. Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

They played throughout the whole night for our ceremony and reception, the music was beautiful and flowed perfectly throughout the night! We did not do a band and this was the perfect choice for us. They even played the game of thrones theme song which our guests loved!! I still cant get over how beautifully they played!
    Ari L. Married on 05/26/2019

Wonderful Perfomers and Great to Work With

My Wife and I got married over memorial day weekend at the William Aiken House in Charleston, SC. Lauren and her team were fantastic to work with throughout the whole process and played absolutely beautiful music. It was a very nice touch to our ceremony and prelude to the ceremony as people arrived. I would highly recommend Palmetto Strings to everyone looking for a great value and talented musicians.
  • Kayla
    Kayla Married on 05/04/2019

Responsive and Sounded Great

So easy to work with, responsive, and sounded amazing!! Loved their song selection, too - we went with some more modern songs for the wedding and I thought it was the perfect touch.
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 04/14/2019

Excellent!

Amazing string trio! They were kind and helpful throughout the entire process. We wanted to do a few hymns during the ceremony and they worked with me and our song-leader to coordinate this. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Would hire again in a heartbeat!
    Alyssa Married on 03/30/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredibly talented and excellent communication!

Palmetto Strings has a beautiful catalog of music to choose from, and a wonderful selection of performers. Working with Lauren to coordinate our ceremony/cocktail hour music was seamless! She is incredibly personable and quickly replied to all of my emails. Additionally, Palmetto Strings easily helped us add a special touch to our ceremony by playing a song not typically in their catalog. We received many compliments on our soloist, Karol, and she really added a special touch to our big day with her musical talents. Thank you!
    Michelle S. Married on 03/23/2019

String Trio for Wedding Ceremony and cocktail hour

Lauren was so easy to work with and the trio sounded so beautiful at my outdoor ceremony and my cocktail hour! Lauren was so responsive and helpful with all of my questions. I was certain they would do a great job and they did! I would recommend them to anyone!
    Emily Married on 03/10/2019

Wonderful Experience

Lauren was an absolute delight to work with. She was very helpful and communicative, recommending several options from Palmetto Strings' impressive repertoire when I wasn't sure which songs to include in my wedding ceremony. I was grateful for the option to rent sound equipment--a lapel mic for the officiant, a wireless mic for the scripture readers, and speakers that provided just the right volume for the outdoor ceremony space. The music played by the string duo was absolutely beautiful, and was the perfect complement to both the ceremony and cocktail hour.
    Mandy A. Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful Job!

Lauren was so easy to work with and the trio knocked it out of the park! They were so responsive and helpful with my song choices and made me feel at ease and confident that they would do a great job- and they did! I would recommend them to anyone!

Palmetto Strings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Mandy! We're thankful we could be a part and glad you enjoyed our music! All the best to the both of you and congratulations!!
    Angelica Married on 10/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We chose Palmetto Strings based on their previous reviews (as we did with all of our vendors) and they did not disappoint! Lauren was extremely quick with her responses. Palmetto Strings was hired originally for 2 hours (ceremony and cocktail hour). I emailed Lauren several months before the wedding to ask if we could add on one more hour for dinner. She almost immediately responded and they were able to stay for dinner!

Their song list has plenty of choices for all ages. I didn't get to enjoy the music during the ceremony (due to paying attention to my husband and the officiant) but the music was beautiful during dinner.

We have only heard pleasant things from our guests and would not hesitate to hire them again!
  • Michelle
    Michelle Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful music

We were so so happy with the music at our ceremony (solo violin). Lauren at Palmetto Strings was professional and easy to work with. Would highly recommend!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 09/28/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect addition to any wedding ceremony!

Palmetto Strings was so great to work with for our ceremony music. Lauren was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding, the musicians were on time and so professional..not to mention SO talented! They played a variety of genre's of music as we requested, and really took our ceremony up a notch! There is nothing like live music to set a romantic and elegant tone. I can't even tell you how many compliments we received from our guests on how beautiful the music was. I would highly recommend Palmetto Strings to anyone looking for an amazing wedding entertainment with great value in the Charleston area!
    Nakia Married on 08/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lauren did an amazing job! We will always remember the music she played for our wedding.
    Heather Married on 05/27/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Palmetto Strings did a phenomenal job performing during both of ceremony and cocktail hour. I was incredibly impressed with their list of song selections - they have a perfect mixture of classical and contemporary music that fit our venue and wedding theme perfectly. Palmetto Strings even worked with our band to surprise me at the end of our ceremony by playing 'All You Need Is Love' including a horn section similar to 'Love Actually!' Overall, Palmetto Strings did a beautiful job during our wedding and set the tone for an absolutely perfect evening!
illustration stars