Palate Pleasers Reviews

59 | Annapolis, MD

59 Reviews for Palate Pleasers

Elizabeth Nelson · Getting married on 06/04/2021

Palate Pleasers was top notch!

From the very first meeting with them we knew they would be wonderful. The food was the very best that we've ever been served at a wedding and arrived hot and tasty. All of the staff was professional and helpful. Would definitely highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 09/07/2019

Superior Food and Service

I can't say enough wonderful things about Palate Pleasers. The food, the service, their enthusiasm and their willingness to try something new and perfect it for our daughter's wedding--everything was incredible. Many guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had, including one friend who is a caterer herself. They also catered our post-wedding brunch, which, although less formal, was equally superior in quality and service. I cannot recommend Palate Pleasers more highly.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/26/2019

Father of bride

We did an early taste test and the food was excellent but there were only six of us bride groom and parents filet. Crab cakes aspergus potatoes and desserts every thing was excellent. There were 136 guests at the wedding everyone said the food was phenomenal. Raw oysters as appetizers were the best I have ever had. The name is correct they are definitely Palate Pleasers

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Megan

Patrick Houst · Married on 11/02/2018

Great Experience!

We loved working with Palate Pleasers! They gave us everything we asked for and more! We had a different idea for a wedding dessert and after meeting with several caterers, Palate Pleasers were the only caterers that would give us our vision. The team they provided us on the day of the wedding was excellent and everything went so smoothly! Amy and Sally are great to work with, and we will definitely be using them again in the future!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Adam · Married on 08/25/2018

We did our research and hands down chose Palate Pleasers. The food was fantastic and I am still getting calls from the guests raving about them. They were easy to work with and very accommodating. We had a large number of guests and felt that they did a fantastic job for a reasonable price. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • Shelby

Shelby · Married on 06/23/2018

Delicious food, professional and stress free, wonderful family!

I would highly recommend palate pleasers to absolutely anyone! They are an amazing family, very professional and easy to work with! They were very flexible with changes to our plans up until even the day of the wedding. Amy, Sally, and Eric take pride in their work and work hard to ensure you are happy with every detail! The food was delicious and we got many many compliments from family and friends. I loved every second of working with this family!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Colleen · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of using Palate Pleasers as our wedding caterer in April 2018. We had initially been considering a small wedding reception at a restaurant to minimize the catering decisions. When we fell in love with a venue that required an outside caterer we had concerns, especially since I have a gluten-free diet restriction. Selecting Palate Pleasers turned out to be a fantastic decision. Amy and Eric were a joy to work with. Every step of the process was great. They made planning our menu easy and accommodated my diet restrictions perfectly. Our entire menu, minus one item was gluten-free so that I didn’t have to worry about cross-contamination. We chose to have a simpler menu that would be enjoyable for our adult and child guests alike. Amy and Eric were both open and receptive to our request to include chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese as part of that menu. We also chose to have a small wedding cake separate from pick-up deserts for our guests. Eric and Amy had a suggestion for a cake style, which we loved and the bakers at Palate Pleasers executed flawlessly. Our guests raved about the food. We’ve had multiple inquiries from various guests about recreating some of the items from our menu (especially the kielbasa hors d'oeuvres and stuffed peppers). The servers were very friendly and helpful throughout our reception. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience beginning to end.

We have also had the opportunity to stop in the store front and pick-up some treats. I have yet to try something I didn’t want more of. If you are gluten free, I strongly encourage you try their brownies and pumpkin cookies (when in season). If you are on the market for a caterer, consider Palate Pleasers whether it’s for something elegant or casual, your guests will thank you.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Ada · Married on 08/19/2017

The entire team at Palate Pleasers is hands down, PERFECT! My husband and I went in to meet with Amy and Sally looking for steak and crab cakes for our wedding...but really, we had no idea what we wanted. All we knew is we loved their food from other events we've been too and they've catered. And, we're local so I go in there at least 3 times a week for a ceasar salad for lunch =)

Amy and Sally literally changed our whole approach to the wedding. They asked about US and what kind of food we liked and came up with the most creative menu! Taco bar? Yes please! Fried chicken skewers? Yes, we'll take those too! Popcorn later? YES YES YES. They came up with a menu that I never could have imagined. We wanted a fun, laid-back approach to everything at our wedding and they brought that to life for us. From recommending we have a standing ceremony, to food stations (not a full-on buffet), to frozen orange crushes at cocktail hour...they nailed it. It was personal and felt like "us". Family and friends are still talking about how delicious/fun the food was and the frozen orange crushes were a HIT!

Aside from the amazing food Palate Pleasers creates, they are really running a great family business. Their employees have been there forever, everyone was happy and that love was felt at our event. They felt like family that day. Amy and Sally popped in to see Chris and I before our ceremony and wish us well. All of the leftover food was packaged up and sent home with us...we left with probably a months worth of yummy leftovers! We had a donut bar for dessert, but Palate Pleasers made us a small cake to cut and picked flowers from one of their family members yard to put on top! My mother-in-law ripped the zipper in her dress and one of their lovely employees came to the rescue with safety pins. Everything they did was so special, helpful and thoughtful. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I can't recommend them enough. If you're looking for a caterer for ANY event, go with Palate Pleasers!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Caitlin · Married on 04/29/2017

Amy and Sally at Palate Pleasers made our wedding so easy and low stress. I am really not a planner and they helped us to put together a beautiful wedding without making me crazy. Sally decorated the venue beautifully with very little direction from me and Amy's food was incredible. I had so many people tell me it was the best wedding food they'd every had -- the steak was even really cooked medium rare which I had never had at a catered event before! The staff that was onsite during the event was also great and were so excellent about accommodating a number of dietary quirks so that all my guests could enjoy everything. On top of everything, we received quotes from a number of caterers and PP was BY FAR the most reasonable. I would highly recommend them and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Mariana · Married on 04/22/2017

We met Palate Pleasers at a bridal show, and their flavors and presentation really caught our attention. They then put together an amazing menu that truly represented what we were hoping for, at a reasonable price. They were super accommodating to changes and dietary restrictions, and really made absolutely delicious food with beautiful and fresh ingredients. To top it all, they are a family business that is run by very pleasant and kind people who clearly love what they do, and put heart and soul into their work - it shows every step of the way and it's inspiring. People say the bride and groom never eat at their own wedding - we sat down and ate a full serving of each part of the menu, and it was phenomenal. We had also provided recipes for specialty drinks, and they got them down perfectly.
    In the end, we got countless compliments on the food and service, and - oh, the cake! - it was stunning and so, so, so good (disclaimer: the cake tastings they do are usually frozen cake since they can't bake a whole cake for each tasting, so not exactly representative of the final product).
    Honestly, in the months/weeks leading up, they seemed to have a pretty good hold of things and I just trusted/hoped they would do a great job because I was too busy worrying about other stuff, and I'm so glad we lucked out with a talented, reliable, professional, and budget-conscious team.
    The caterer is SUCH a big part of a wedding, and they were truly one of the BEST parts and one of my favorite teams for ours. I would recommend them 100%.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Palate Pleasers's reply:

Thank you Mariana! It was certainly a pleasure to work with you on your special event and we're glad that it lived up to all of your expectations!

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Sally and Amy are awesome. They helped us plan our menu and we are still getting compliments on how good the food was. They are not the cheapest but have the best quality and service. We were served appetizers during our photos and served our salad and meal when we were ready to eat. They also made our cake which was a naked 3-tier carrot cake and everyone loved it. If you want high quality food that everyone will love and compliment, I highly recommend Palate Pleasers.

Sent on 11/07/2016

chelsie · Married on 09/16/2016

I had the best/easiest time working with Eric from palate pleasers. I set time with Eric to do a small tasting before ordering. Eric had to adjust the schedule, so instead of a tasting, he set my husband and me up for a fabulous picnic! We got to try a little bit of everything and got a full plate of different cake options. It was definitely a highlight of our wedding planning process. Once we decided what we wanted, Eric and his team took it over from there. Everything was ready and perfect for us on our day. Days following our wedding, our guests were still talking about the flank steak! Would recommend again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Katie · Married on 11/21/2015

Sally, Amy, and their team at Palate Pleasers have an exceptional reputation for good reason. We couldn't have been happier with them for our wedding reception at Annapolis Maritime Museum. They let us design our menu with their help to have a farm-to-table seasonal menu. They have the ideas and experience to add the elements that take your event to the next level, e.g espresso shots with gelato and the most amazing cheese spread I've ever seen. They were accommodating to all our requests, especially last minute ones we made the week of, and made our day worry free. Their food is exceptional but so is their service. Your event is in stellar hands with Palate Pleasers!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Mike · Married on 06/21/2015

An AMAZING WEDDING! Thank you to the Palate Pleasers so much - the food and service was above 5 Star! The servers were exceptionally professional. Everything was on time and on (even under) budget. Absolutely delicious food! My wife and I could not have been happier.

Compliments: "Wedding cake normally doesn't taste that good, yours was delicious!"
    "The steak was delivered a perfect medium rare - it was right off the grill?"
    "Who made that crab cake? Wow!" It goes on...

Palate Pleasers appears to be a small operation in Annapolis - do not be confused - they provided phenomenal food and service to our large wedding. We are ecstatic that we made the right choice. Thank you again! 6 Stars

Mike and Judy

Sent on 06/23/2015

We used Palate Pleasers for our wedding cake. I planned my entire Annapolis wedding from San Diego so as I inquired around town I was a little nervous about picking out a cake without ever trying it. Eric from Palate Pleasers was incredibly responsive to my emails (always responding the same day), sending pictures of wedding cakes they had created similar to the one I wanted, and being SO flexible that they allowed me to try cake the week before the wedding! This was especially crucial as I already knew I was getting married on one of the busiest weekends of the year in Annapolis. They created exactly what I wanted, arrived and delivered the cake without anyone except the reception venue staff present, and my guests RAVED about how delicious our cake was! Anytime my husband and I go back to Annapolis for events we will be using Palate Pleasers for ALL of our catering needs.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Devon · Married on 05/16/2015

My experience with Palate Pleasers was excellent from start to finish. I was given very accurate pricing, and a ton of great menu options starting out. I asked more than my fair share of questions (as most Brides do) and Amy (chef and owner) always responded quickly with helpful information. After we decided to book Palate Pleasers (it was a no brainer), we stayed in touch over the course of our 1.5 year engagement, talking about options, prices, and ideas. The tasting was fabulous and so much fun. You really got the sense that Amy and Sally really cared about your day and how everything turned out, which is just priceless. They were very detail-oriented which I so appreciated with all the moving pieces of a wedding. When the big day finally arrived, I had complete confidence that the Palate Pleasers crew was going to do everything just right – and they did! The food was delicious, the cake exceeded my expectations, and the staff was very courteous and hard working. I will definitely be using Palate Pleasers again in the future, love them!!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Palate Pleasers's reply:

Thanks Devon! We really enjoyed working with you too!

Amber · event on: 04/12/2015

Very willing to make our menu exactly how we wanted while also staying in our price range, as well as suggesting delicious dishes that were superb! Very friendly and easy to contact; one of the best relationships I've had with a vendor.

Sent on 04/14/2015

I would HIGHLY recommend Palate Pleasers to any bride! I met with Eric to do my tasting and discuss the design of my cake. Everyone was extremely friendly in the shop. Eric was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. The picture I brought with me was of an extremely intricate lace design overlay on a four tier cake. Eric said that wouldn't be a problem to replicate and he was correct! The first couple of samples Eric personally did not like so he painstakingly searched the internet for the picture I brought in and then ordered the exact molds from that cake! I was blown away by how much he cared about making my cake perfect! The day of my wedding the cake was absolutely beautiful and looked just like I wanted! We had four different flavors of cake and they were all delicious! I would definitely recommend Palate Pleasers to anyone who wants to pay a GREAT price and get exceptional service!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Dana · Married on 10/18/2014

We actually went a non-traditional route with our wedding cake. We elected to have a small 6" cake for the cake cutting portion of our reception. We did this because we had a fall wedding and went with pies as the desserts for the guests (apple, pumpkin, berry, etc.) We LOVED our small cake from Palate Pleasers. Although we didn't have a large wedding cake from Palate Pleasers, I would recommend their desserts -- for special occasions, I pick up Palate Pleasers' cupcakes!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Palate pleasers did my food for my reception. First off, the food was beyond AMAZING. I had multiple people say that our chicken dish was the best chicken they had ever had. Sally worked with us and made my stress disappear when it came with the food and alcohol. She ordered the alcohol through a distributor they work with. She ordered all of my rentals so there was truly nothing to worry about. They worked with my budget and allowed my husband and I to do some monthly payments. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Emily · Married on 09/20/2014

Loved working with mother-daughter duo Sally and Amy! They came up with a great menu that was executed perfectly. All of our guests raved about how great the food was and how pleasant the staff was. They handled everything from rentals of linens, tent, tables and chairs, to set up and clean up. Would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Mary · Married on 08/31/2014

They were terrific! We had a small cake for cutting and cupcakes. The flavors were fantastic and all cakes moist and great.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Our experience with Palate Pleasers was fantastic! I had gone to several cakeries in Annapolis and Baltimore looking for some inspiration and great tasting wedding cake. Only a few, but once I talked to Palate Pleasers, I knew my search was over. I had seen a picture of a wedding cake that I fell in love with and was told that it would be very expensive since the flowers would have to be done in Fondant. I made an appointment with Eric @ Palate Pleasers, and immediately, he told me that it wouldn't be a problem to do the flowers in the buttercream icing. When I tasted the cake, fillings and icing I had chosen for our wedding cake, I was so thrilled with the high quality of the ingredients. The cost was exceptionally reasonable. We even had other mini desserts as options and they were great, too. Once our wedding day arrived and I saw the cake, I was So Impressed!! The cake looked exactly as I had envisioned and everyone RAVED about the taste!! Palate Pleasers is THE place to go for your wedding cake.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Palate Pleasers's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to help with your cake…I'm glad it turned out just as you had hoped!

Liz · Married on 10/17/2013

We have known and loved Palate Pleasers for years so when we got engaged we honestly didn't consider any other caterer! The food they produce, particularly for large events, is so impressive. We went with a French theme for our reception food as we met in France and wanted to honor that connection. We had appetizers including Mini croque monsieurs, French-style pizzas, fresh oysters, cheeses, etc. Our main courses included boeuf bourguignon, mushroom tarts, trout, and more, and it was all divine. The boeuf bourguignon especially was so rich and flavorful. I can't tell you how many people commented on how good the food was.

Dessert was my main priority and we ended up with an amazing dessert tower including four cupcake flavors, mini chocolate mousse cups, mini lemon tarts, and mini apple tarts. They were all excellent and made me very happy!

The only feedback I would share is that I think they might benefit from having an organized office manager to help keep things straight. We had a couple small hiccups--when we arrived at the reception only 9 tables were set up instead of 10. Luckily we had arrived early to confirm everything was ready and when I pointed it out to the person overseeing setup it was very quickly fixed, with a 10th table setup within a minute. We also noticed that during all of our preparation meetings they were taking notes on a legal pad and then ripping off the page and putting it in our folder. There were a couple small details and changes that did not get implemented and I imagine it was due to the organization system.

They also catered a few lead up events during the wedding week and everything was flawless. They took great care in coordinating the menus for each event to make sure nothing was repeated so our guests enjoyed a variety of foods. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and are so glad Palate Pleasers did all our catering. I can't wait to put in an order for our first anniversary dinner and cake!!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Palate Pleasers's reply:

Thanks! It was a pleasure working with you and your family to come up with your special meal(s)! Thank you as well for your comments...we've actually hired a new employee in December to work with our clients on larger events from start to finish for more continuity.