Paella Time Reviews

Paella Time 5
Paella Time 6
Paella Time 7

Amanda · Married on 07/18/2015

We recently had Paella Time cater our wedding and it was beyond amazing! The tapas, salad, and paella were all delicious, and the service was great! Ralph was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process, and was very detail oriented to make sure nothing went amiss. If you are looking for a unique food option for your wedding, look no further! Paella Time is it, and will make your wedding a memorable one. I couldn't recommend Paella Time and Ralph more!!

Carol · event on 06/14/2015

Let me start off by saying how impressed I am with Paella Time. We recently celebrated a huge event and wanted to celebrate with something fun and different. Paella Time really delivered the experience we were looking for. The owner, Ralph, is extremely professional, attentive, accommodating, personable, and organized. He answered ALL of our MANY questions, and asked many questions that we hadn't thought of making the planning of this a breeze. He customized a proposal with pricing that worked for our budget, and came to our home for a free tasting of his incredible paella. Which brings me to the food... Wow! The sangria, tapas, roasted beet salad, paella, and dessert were all spot on. You might think after tasting a few things that somewhere there might be a let down, but... no. Everything, I mean everything, was spectacular. Ralph tells his story that he learned everything from a paella chef visiting here from Spain. It definitely shows in every delicious bite. On the day of the event his staff showed up on time and brought everything with them: wine glasses, plates, utensils, cloth napkins, and a pretty impressive portable cooking set up and a giant sized paella pan. It was very entertaining watching Chef Gerry cook the paella while explaining the process. By the end of the evening, Tiffany had cleaned everything up. What a nice treat to not have to lift a finger. Thank you, thank you! Five stars isn't enough. Don't hire anyone else. Bravo!

Harry · event on 06/14/2015

Heidi · event on 02/07/2015

Paella Time's food was fabulous, and equally wonderful were our chef, Erica, and server, Nicky. Despite rain, they created an absolutely amazing atmosphere for our guests and were as courteous and professional as you can imagine. Working with Ralph was great, too; he was very responsive and accommodating. All in all, Paella Time made for a wonderful party.

• I

Ilya · Married on 11/22/2014

Great Food. Very easy to work with and outstanding professional service all around.
    While planning for the party Paella Time always responded very promptly.
    At the day of the event there was a logistics challenge that was beyond their control and Paella Time reacted very quickly delivering as promised an outstanding results. You can find many Chefs in the Bay Area who cook great food but it is not too often when great food goes together with fantastic customer service.
    A+.

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2014

I had a gillion brilliant ideas for my wedding (pat pat pat) but this one had to be one of the best. Everyone raved about how good the paella was! And the tapas were still being passed while people were waiting in line for the buffet - great service and attention to detail. I had jokingly told Chef Ralph during our emails back and forth that I probably will be too busy to taste the food on my own wedding day and as I sat down for dinner, he quickly brought over a plate of all the tapas for me and my husband (squeal I'm married) to try. Thank you for the thoughtfulness!

Rosie · event on 03/09/2014

The Paella Time staff are rock stars!!! Had them catered my husband's 40th birthday. It was a surprise, and he was blown away. How cool to have paella cooked in your backard from scratch! We're planning a trip to Spain this summer, and I thought this would be a great primer. Everything was delicious, and I didn't have to do a thing. They even brought and took away all the dishes - yaaay! Next stop Spain!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Tanya · event on 12/22/2013

MMMMMMMMMMM.....MMMMMMMMMM yummy!!! AND great service. Ralph was such a pleasure to work with for our company holiday party on 12/22/13. I was concerned about having enough food (we have BIG eaters) but he assured me that there would be plenty........he was right! We even had leftovers after everyone was stuffed. Great mixed paella, wonderful presentation, such a WOW! Highly recommend his services.
    TVC

Anette · Married on 11/29/2013

Paella Time catered my wedding, and was so great through the whole process! We chose not to hire a wedding coordinator, and were really relying on our vendors to help with a lot of the logistics of the event. Ralph was so great about helping with setting up the space before the wedding, and reaching out to our other vendors to make sure everything went smoothly on the big day. We ended up doing family style Paella which ended up working out perfectly! The food was amazing and the service was great!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

3.5

You wrote a review for Paella Time Authentic Tapas & Paella Catering 33 minutes ago
    4.0 star rating 2/17/2018
    Paella Time catered our wedding on Sept 3rd, and we absolutely recommend them!

Pros:
    - Delicious food that offers something a little more unique for your event than your typical run-of-the-mill
    - Visually appealing presentation; the chefs cooked in giant paella pans on the lawn during cocktail hour, which was cool for guests to see
    - Paella is gluten-free, and the variety of paella they offer (vegetarian, seafood, meat, or mixed) made us confident we'd be able to offer something for each guest, even those with dietary restrictions
    - Offers just the right variety of tapas, paella, salads, and dessert to customize for your event
    - Included flatware, silverware, and tablecloths; much easier to go with a one-stop shop!
    - Staff was extremely helpful and flexible, willing to go the extra mile on game day

Cons:
    - Only thing keeping this from being 5 stars is the recommendation that they update their communications methods. Instead of sending long, text-based emails, it would be great to have a form to fill out online or some other more streamlined, efficient approach!

We were very pleased with Paella Time and felt that our money was well-spent for the food, service, and overall experience.

Sent on 02/17/2018
    Paella Time 8
    Paella Time 9

sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

2.2
      1.5
      2.5

We booked Paella Time because our venue (the amazing Shelldance Orchid Garden) had them listed as a recommended vendor. We figured we both like paella, and it could be a cool thing to have for our wedding, so we figured, why not? We booked a tasting, which was great -- everything was delicious, and Ralph (the owner) seemed cool.

Then, over the next couple weeks and months, Ralph became intense to handle. Yes, he is organized, he is diligent, and he takes care of a lot of the details, but my (now) wife and I found him very stressful to deal with. Every time we would make even the smallest suggestion or adjustment, we would get so much pushback -- it was like PULLING TEETH to get what we wanted!

BUT, luckily, none of that carried over to the wedding day itself... mostly because Ralph wasn't there! Everything went smoothly, the food was great, everyone loved the paella, the servers and bartenders were awesome, and all the details were completely taken care of. The only (not so minor) issue was that after the wedding Ralph apparently 'scolded' our wedding coordinator over the phone over something that completely wasn't her responsibility. Not cool.

TLDR; if you can minimize the amount of time and energy you have to spend dealing with Ralph, everything else Paella Time offers is awesome and you should have a great experience!

Sent on 11/24/2017

anne · Married on 05/24/2019

Caution-poor business practices!

Caution-POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES!
    As the mother of the groom, I have been working with Ralph, the owner /chef and Tiffany, the event coordinator for over two weeks to plan a rehearsal dinner. We had hammered out all the details so I told her we were hiring them, I just needed to get the go ahead from my son and his fiancé. I asked for the final invoice and was told they accepted another party’s reservation for the same night! NO ONE EVEN HAD THE DECENCY TO CALL ME FIRST BEFORE THEY ACCEPTED THE OTHER CHECK. It appears it’s all about the money with them. So incredibly disappointed, to say the least.

Sent on 10/17/2018