Padre Ryan Photographic Reviews

36 Reviews for Padre Ryan Photographic

1 User photo

Padre Ryan Photographic 1

Shae · Married on 08/10/2013

I am so pleased with my services from Padre Ryan Photographic. Ryan and his crew made sure I was getting all the photos I wanted and captured some beautiful moments that I didn't know about. His crew was with me while I was getting ready and they were very professional. The photo booth was so much fun! I was very pleased with how polite and friendly they were and we actually had a lot of fun with them. He made sure I had everything I wanted, no questions asked. I felt like he went beyond what was necessary and that is important to me.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Ryan was great. Hardly noticeable as he was snapping pics all night.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Hollis · Married on 09/11/2015

3.5

I have to say (despite the rain and having to do it indoors) the wedding turned out magical. I couldn't have had a more perfect wedding. It was better than I pictured. They did an amazing job. Wayne was great! Chris the photographer did a spectacular job. The official for the wedding (for the life of me can't remember his name) was also amazing!! The decorations, the ceremony, reception, photo booth, food, all of it, right down to the little details turned out great!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Shilah · Married on 10/12/2013

3.0

I searched for photographers that had flexibility and a per hour charge as our wedding was a small intimate one and we did not require a full day of photography. I found Ryan and he met the original expectations and then far exceeded them with the photos he took. I was pretty open and vague with what I wanted, other than I wanted to capture the ceremony and family groups. He made suggestions and really turned what I pictured into something great that I know will be treasured for years to come. My only criticism is the lack of proactive communications. The pictures and CD were provided later than expected, and I understand why, however an e-mail before hand would have been appreciated. When I communicated with him he responded promptly. The ceremony started later than scheduled, however that did not stop Ryan from ensuring that all requested pictures were taken and then some. I really appreciate the time and calmness he eluded during the hustle & bustle of trying to wrangle in family members to capture pictures perfectly and quickly! The pictures are OUTSTANDING!!! Ryan is truly an artist when it comes to capturing pictures and moments. In many of the pictures my husband and I were talking and laughing while posing. Ryan made it very easy to feel comfortable within the pictures and not stiff or posed.

Sent on 12/10/2013

3.0

Did a great job with our pictures and the video is great! A little bit slow on the turnaround time after the wedding was over, but that's what happens with a growing business, I guess. Ryan is very professional and does everything he can to make everything perfect.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/04/2016

3.2
      2.5

I had my wedding through them in June 2016. My wedding planners Brewer and Rae were both very sweet, however on the actual day everything went wrong. It wasn't necessarily their fault, but I did not like that they switched wedding planners on me one month away from my wedding date. They play their ceremony music using Bluetooth and when it came time for it to play, someone was hacking our bluetooth. Padreryan knows this is a possibility so I advised them to take precautions and have an aux cord as a back up in the future. The ceremony was around 45 mins late. The worst part of this all was the DJ. I had a dj named Steven and he DID NOT stick to the genre of music I wanted. I even had SPECIFIC song requests beforehand and he did not play them. He also did not take requests at the reception unless it was by the bride (me.) I was talking with him more than I was able to with my guests. I did complain and Padreryan upgraded my photo album as a way to make it up to me. I accepted because I was done with them. It is now October, and I am still awaiting my photo album. Note that if they say they need 30-45 days for something, they will take the full 45 days+. Lana was my photographer and she was good, yet she was about 45 mins late. Overall I would NOT recommend padreryan as this is supposed to be your ONE special day, and mine was ruined because they didn't take those extra precautions.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Paige · Married on 10/18/2014

1.0

Bottom Line: They do great photography.

We worked with them for both our engagement photos and our wedding photography. We worked with Crystal and Sam on the day of the wedding and we absolutely love every picture we received.

The only big negative we have is the timeliness/responsiveness in getting our photos. With both our engagement and wedding photos, we were given one date that they'd be ready by, then that date would roll past us, then we'd be given another date and that too rolled by. The reason given is that editing takes longer, but I feel like it may be because they are a growing a wedding planning business and that is taking a lot of time.

*Update November 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM*
    Upon seeing this review, I was contacted by Ryan Murphy via email stating he felt the review was "unfair and unwarranted". When I further clarified my reasoning for what I feel is a fair rating of what was a 3.8 out of 5, he continued to email me disputing not only my claims, but included "Perhaps I am wrong in writing this but I hope that in your line of work that if you are behind because of circumstances beyond your control that you aren’t judged quite so harshly as we were in this review."

Let's be clear, in any work situation, if you are given a deadline from a boss or vendor and they repeatedly do not meet that deadline, yes you are judged and reprimanded. Due to these further interactions, I am also reducing the rating of their professionalism and do not recommend anyone do business with this company.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Alexandria · Married on 01/24/2016

2.5
      1.5

We wish we would have realized that when you bundle up something like this, most likely something is going to lack. The most saddening thing is that we had to find that out the hard way after we were married (2016). We requested only a few special things: video of the groom & bride first looks, each of us getting ready, and of the live band. The footage of us getting ready was primarily of the groom and a little amount of the bride. The other things were basically absent. We only have the staged ones with our families and a little bit outside, that we ended up taking by adding an extra hour to our package that night. The overall video quality and what was captured left a lot to be desired. We reluctantly approved the video. Multiple meetings we scheduled ended up being late or completely forgotten about. When we approved our photo albums, months went by with no communication; we finally found out that they were made wrong and had to be made again only after we reached out to them. Which, we now had to do a whole other approval process. Despite the numerous issues, the owner FINALLY got all of our items to us a year after the wedding (2017). Would not recommend this company in the slightest.

Sent on 03/19/2017

1.5

Would never recommend this company for wedding photography needs.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

0.4
      0.5

Waiting for a refund. I agreed to remove my bad review for two weeks as I await a check. I cant figure out how to remove though.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Sara · Married on 09/27/2014

0.4
      0.5

I look back on Padre Ryan's with complete disgust. I still had hope (yrs after) that they would come thru, do the right thing & offer us a refund - nope. Apparently other people have gotten a refund. I will contact the BBB unless a refund is issued. They should step up & take accountability for their actions. We paid an additional $200 to get wedding insurance which was suggested per Padre Ryans contract. On our drive to Texas I called to make sure the videographer had been booked. I felt like the communication up to our wedding day was lacking. She could still book the videographer with one catch - he needed to be paid in full. We basically drove down to Texas with pennies in our pocket & gas gift cards to pay our way. We barely scraped up enough money to pay for that videographer. Expensive, but well worth it (so we thought anyway). They didn't check out our beach location ahead of time. We show up to find that our location had been washed away by coastal flooding. Melanie showed up late & we barely had time to find a new spot. 30mins away we found one, had a very quick confusing rehearsal, had to postpone our rehearsal dinner & was told some vendors couldn't make it to the new location. Wedding day: They couldn't get the tent up, then it blew down, they got it up, blew down again. They told us there was another tent already set up from another vendor but we would hafta pay $250 to use it! We agreed but then we're told it wouldn't work & needed a backup location. My mom's living room?! I was then told that they DROPPED OUR CAKE. The catered food was cold & had to be re-heated in my mom's oven. The ceremony was 2hrs late, due to a terrible officiant I almost got married to my stepdad & after the ceremony I realized there was no videographer. He helped carry in chairs but then left?! They knew it was a disaster, told us they were leaving, doing nothing more so we could claim more wedding insurance. KICKER: our wedding insurance claim was denied. Thanks Padre Ryan.

Sent on 01/15/2018